Islamabad United (178/6) beat Karachi Kings (173/7) by 4 wickets in Match 4 of PSL8

Challenged Rana at the start of this tournament that now he's got everything he wants with Karachi kings. Shows how PCT will fare if they go by Rana and his sidekicks.

Highlights of amir's psl include swearing at 2q year old Muhammad Harris 18 year old Hassan nawaz throwing the ball towards babar after getting pummelled

Short fast bowlers shouldn't be near the team... Musa khan bowling absolute rubbish here..

Azam khan batting like a boss. I am yet to see him against express pace.. can be a good #6 in the national team

Big man is ballet dancing out there.

Such good footwork and innovation on display.

Brilliant intent from the big guy... playing his shots and not afraid to lose the wicket but took his team almost inches close to victory.. love the intent of scoring runs and playing brave cricket

This is pretty much the end of Musa’s career, at least it finishes with a wicket and he can say he played a few matches for Pakistan. Really disappointing to see, especially after his U19 days

Dont even want to think the spanking Amir will get if he ever played international cricket

This is pretty much the end of Musa’s career, at least it finishes with a wicket and he can say he played a few matches for Pakistan. Really disappointing to see, especially after his U19 days

Not really.. tbh there are a dozen pacers ahead of him but he has pace & will get even faster in 3-4 years so you never know, he needs to bowl full more often & get out of KK

Amir is so easy to hot these days,even Faheem managed two 4s off two balls. Wicket was outstanding catch.

Amir really needs to shut up, he’s going over the top with this sledging and not backing it up with any performance

Shadab didn’t even bother to bat , 10 years younger the then toxic Imad & a better captain already

Good to see crappy big mouths losing again

Imad, Amir and wasim akram lol a nice combo

ocSalfw.png

Karachi got what they deserved. They just don’t have the ability to draft well. This is what happens when the strategy from the top is average. I was stunned when they picked Imran Tahir as their platinum pick, despite having two picks for that category.

And the team selection is in apparently fantastic captain Imad.

They don’t play a wrist spinner, and keep Mohammad Umar on the bench. They also drop Qasim after one game, when his off spin could have been really handy against a leftie like Monroe.

Pakistan’s next captain, ladies and gents.

Kings are a joke..that bowling attack is pie thrower inc. Amir is another joke. Thank God he isn't innthe national side.

As for islu..too 3asy for us. Great batting in the middle. Can't wait for Hales.

As for Khan. Lose some weight boy for goodness sake..

Looks like [MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] and his little mate [MENTION=147314]topspin[/MENTION] did a runner. Shock horror.

Anyway…

I don't support Karachi. I just follow players so we can find our best combination for the 2023 World Cup. Pakistan will need Imad and Amir in this tournament whether we like them or not. If they're trash then we can forget about them.

The team comes first not these silly agendas.

Misbah has not only made some of the players around him soft but he's also made a certain group of Pakistan fans look like a bunch of snowflakes.

I couldn't care less about what Amir and Imad say about Babar, if they're good enough for this mediocre Pakistan team.

If Babar was a good captain I could understand the outrage but he's terrible.

I don't support Karachi. I just follow players so we can find our best combination for the 2023 World Cup. Pakistan will need Imad and Amir in this tournament whether we like them or not. If they're trash then we can forget about them.

The team comes first not these silly agendas.

Look up Imad’s recent form in ODIs and then tell me how effective he is in that format. Amir I’ll have back, because he’s the canniest fast bowler in Pakistan, even if he’s not the most effective.

Shadab Khan | Islamabad captain: We have good depth in batting and it's good to utilise that. We have a template on how we play and we want to keep that going. Sometimes we lose wickets or games but it's important to continue playing the brand. Bowlers are always on the same page as me, so it's easy to captain. Felt good (about my spell).

Colin Munro | Player of the Match: Always nice to start well. Feels good to contribute and start with a win. Our biggest strength is that we like to be aggressive and not worry about getting out. Led by a great captain in Shadab and great people in the management in recent years. I'll do whatever the team needs. We've got options (up the order), so I am okay with batting anywhere.

Imad Wasim: We had a good start with the ball but then missed some key catches. The batting was alright, I thought we scored well for this wicket. I always bowl well here, last game TKC batted well but generally I do well.

Misbah has not only made some of the players around him soft but he's also made a certain group of Pakistan fans look like a bunch of snowflakes.

I couldn't care less about what Amir and Imad say about Babar, if they're good enough for this mediocre Pakistan team.

If Babar was a good captain I could understand the outrage but he's terrible.

Nobody here’s advocated for Babar’s captaincy. There are probably better options in the Pakistan squad itself. However everyone here remembers the toxicity of the 90s, when players would actively sabotage the team by underplaying, just to undermine a certain captain.

Bringing Imad back into the PCT environment, after all the comments, only brings back that type of dressing room divide. Imad could have just shut it and performed, but he didn’t, did he?

Look up Imad’s recent form in ODIs and then tell me how effective he is in that format. Amir I’ll have back, because he’s the canniest fast bowler in Pakistan, even if he’s not the most effective.

I'll tell you my thought process behind Imad's selection in ODIs. It's not for his bowling. Nawaz and Shadab should be our frontline spinners. It's about who I would like to see come in at number 6. He's better at carrying out this role than the likes of Asif Ali, Shadab Khan and Muhammad Nawaz as a hitter/lower middle order batsman.

I appreciate he may not have performed well in his last few ODIs however he certainly hasn't lost his touch with the bat. To average 40+ with a 110 strike rate is more than good enough to secure a place for a mediocre ODI side as a number 6 batsman.

Nobody here’s advocated for Babar’s captaincy. There are probably better options in the Pakistan squad itself. However everyone here remembers the toxicity of the 90s, when players would actively sabotage the team by underplaying, just to undermine a certain captain.

Bringing Imad back into the PCT environment, after all the comments, only brings back that type of dressing room divide. Imad could have just shut it and performed, but he didn’t, did he?

I'll be honest, I'm not exactly aware of what has been said apart from "selections shouldn't be based on friendships". If that's all there is to it then Babar is one miserable snowflake.

What has he been saying that has irked Babar and some of the fans on here so much?

I prefer the 90s team (even with all the toxicity) to the current bunch of timid kittens that we have in the Pakistan team. I see a team with no swag and with meek personalities courtesy of the Misbah era. At least in the 90s, the opposition used to fear Pakistan. Now they probably relish the opportunity to play them but at least they don't go around cutting cakes at every opportunity a player achieves a milestone in the middle of a series.

Last edited:
Easy win for United against the biggest loudmouths of the tournament.

Shadab didn't even bother to come out and bat.

2 in 2 for KK.

Fixmir's tournament so far : spanked by Babar, abused 2 youngsters, threw the ball back to Babar in frustration, 2 losses and 2 wickets.

The best pacer in Pakistan I am supposed to believe. 😂

As I said in a previous post, his fake agression will only come up against Pakistani players, he had to become a scared kitten against Munro, as expected.

Karachi Kings will have to wait longer to open their account in the HBL Pakistan Super League 8 as explosive knocks from Colin Munro and Azam Khan set a comfortable win for Islamabad United at the National Bank Cricket Arena on Thursday night.

Islamabad United chased 174 at the loss of six wickets and 10 balls spare in what was their first match of this edition. Munro smashed 58 at a scorching strike rate of 207.14 and Azam made 44 at 157.14. The two put together 56 runs in 31 balls.

Karachi Kings began well in the second innings as tight lines and lengths from Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Musa allowed only 13 runs and sent back Hasan Nawaz in the first three overs. The first signs of Islamabad United’s domination and Munro’s intentions came in the fifth over as the left-hander spanked Musa for three fours after he had thudded Paul Stirling’s pad with a yorker on the first ball.

Munro and Rassie van der Dussen, making his HBL PSL debut, attacked the Karachi Kings’ bowlers from that point – putting a match-defining 59-run stand on 31 balls.

Van der Dussen scored 31 off 25 and was bowled by Imad Wasim – most economical bowler on either side with the figures of one for 19 in four overs – in the 10th over that brought Azam to the crease. The wicketkeeper-batter spanked Musa for two fours and a six in the 12th over to ensure Islamabad United retained momentum.

He took on Musa once again, in the 16th over, after Munro was run out because of a mix-up, this time smoking him for three fours, but was caught at midwicket. By then, however, the match was settled as Islamabad United needed only 23 off 24.

It was all too easy for them in the end. Faheem Ashraf hit Amir for consecutive fours through backward point in the 18th over before an incredible one-handed catch diving to his right by Irfan Khan sent the left-hander back.

With two required off 11, Tom Curran clubbed Shoaib Malik for a gigantic six over long on to finish the proceedings.

There was a silver lining for Karachi Kings, however, as Haider Ali struck form with a scintillating 59 off 45, in which he hit seven fours and two sixes.

Haider put up a solid partnership of 77 for the second wicket with Sharjeel Khan, who made 34 off 26. As the partnership started to look threatening, Tom Curran removed Sharjeel and Karachi Kings lost next three wickets in quick succession with Mohammad Wasim Jnr accounting for Matthew Wade and Imad Wasim in consecutive balls.

Blows down the order from Shoaib (18 off 10), Muhammad Irfan Khan (19 off 11) and Andrew Tye (12 not out off five) took Karachi Kings to a respectable 173 for seven.

Three Islamabad United bowlers – Wasim Jnr (two for 38), Rumman Raees (two for 26) and Tom Curran (two for 42) – shared six wickets between them equally, while Faheem Ashraf bowled exceptionally well for his one for 25 in four overs.

Scores in brief:

Karachi Kings 173-7, 20 overs (Haider Ali 59, Sharjeel Khan 34; Rumman Raees 2-26, Mohammad Wasim Jnr 2-38, Tom Curran 2-42)

Islamabad United 178-6, 18.2 overs (Colin Munro 58, Azam Khan 44, Rassie van der Dussen 31; Mohammad Amir 2-30, Mohammad Musa 2-48)

Player of the match – Colin Munro (Islamabad United)

I'll be honest, I'm not exactly aware of what has been said apart from "selections shouldn't be based on friendships". If that's all there is to it then Babar is one miserable snowflake.

What has he been saying that has irked Babar and some of the fans on here?

I prefer the 90s team (even with all the toxicity) to the current bunch of timid kittens that we have in the Pakistan team. I see a team with no swag and with meek personalities courtesy of the Misbah era. At least in the 90s, the opposition used to fear Pakistan. Now they probably relish the opportunity to play them but at least they don't go around cutting cakes at every opportunity a player achieves a milestone in the middle of a series.

Ah yes. That famous 90s team with the gallery of fixers and ball tamperers. Great preference.

You see, two things can be right at the same time.

The current team absolutely does need more forceful characters. But you can be that, as Imad could, without needing to slag off your current captain in the public. It only builds enmity. You can provide fire in the dressing room whilst keeping things cordial in public. It’s basic first rate diplomacy.

Ah yes. That famous 90s team with the gallery of fixers and ball tamperers. Great preference.

You see, two things can be right at the same time.

The current team absolutely does need more forceful characters. But you can be that, as Imad could, without needing to slag off your current captain in the public. It only builds enmity. You can provide fire in the dressing room whilst keeping things cordial in public. It’s basic first rate diplomacy.

Only because they were the better team - so let's not take the moral high ground.

As for Imad, he does have a point, Babar is going around selecting his mates and if you're not getting results you'll be ridiculed for it and rightly so because it's a sh1t show.

Babar needs to be replaced as captain by either Shadab, Imad or Shaheen.

In this game…

Well played Sharjeel, Haider, Niazi, Imad, Amir and Azam Khan

Well bowled Wasim Jr and Faheem Ashraf

Great wicket of Vince by Rumman as well

Highlights

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/gycezl" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

I did not watch the game so not sure what exactly happened when Karachi was batting?

Why did Sharjeel and Haider batted at such low strike rates against Raees, Faheem etc? Just asking?

I thought Imad promised his Karachi fans a run and gun style from the start to finish and disliked anyone who batted around the strike rates of 130?

Back