Islamabad United (200/2) mauled Lahore Qalandars (195/5) by 8 wickets in the opening encounter of PSL 9

Pak broadcasting saying this is PSL #8 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

CC8zbUI.png

196 for IU to win. Van der Dussen and Shabad starred for their respective sides. I think the average score on this ground batting first last year was about 185, so 195 is good but IU, with their batting depth have every chance to chasing it down. Should be a cracker.

dkW27WX.png

LJDCHJh.png

Zaman getting some good movement with the new ball bowling about 137

Couple of really good overs from Shaheen and the most encouraging thing is the pace. He was consistently 141-143 clicks which is what you want to see. Got the ball to swing plenty too.

Really goes to show you he just needs to be rested more to be fully optimized.

Jahandad has lost a lot of weight. Excited to see him go

Couple of really good overs from Shaheen and the most encouraging thing is the pace. He was consistently 141-143 clicks which is what you want to see. Got the ball to swing plenty too.

Some playing on social media saying that speedometer is showing 10km/h extra speed. Not sure about their veracity.

But why hasn't he been able to hit the same pace in international cricket recently? If he's giving his best for LQ rather than Pak, then there's a big issue with his preferences.

Where do these guys Fayyaz, Syed Faridoun, Jahandad come from?

Last year they had Mirza Baig opening the innings and did score runs in a few games after that the guy disappears and doesn't play any T20 cricket and now nowhere to be seen.

Some playing on social media saying that speedometer is showing 10km/h extra speed. Not sure about their veracity.

Zaman Khan is bowling around 135-138. So you are telling me he is bowling 125 clicks?

It's rubbish and nonsense. Naseem/Mills/Faheem etc are bowling at pace you would expect. It's not like Shaheen lost the ability to bowl 140 but of course bowling 140 in T20's vs sustaining it in Tests is a lot different. But it shows you if Shaheen is actually rested, he can still get up there.

Jahandad bowling well, lovely slower ball he has too

Zaman Khan is bowling around 135-138. So you are telling me he is bowling 125 clicks?

It's rubbish and nonsense. Naseem/Mills/Faheem etc are bowling at pace you would expect. It's not like Shaheen lost the ability to bowl 140 but of course bowling 140 in T20's vs sustaining it in Tests is a lot different. But it shows you if Shaheen is actually rested, he can still get up there.
Just to add to Shaheen's point. He used to hit 145KPH regularly in T20Is before his injury. WT20 2020 is perfect example.

Jahandad is only around 135 clicks but seems to be a smart bowler. Very deceptive and good slower balls.

Score Updates
IU 50/1 in the Powerplay. Hales and Shadab on the crease at the moment.

Surprising to see them send up Salman instead of Azam. I get Salman's strength is spin but so is Azam and they need someone to go at a high SR right now.

Salman Fayyaz claims the scalp of Alex Hales in just his second ball of the spell. LQ in commanding position now.

Shadab is having a nice day so far. Great with the ball and he is batting really well after taking the risk of sending himself up the order.

Exactly shadab didn't bowl another over from ubaid after that first over wnet for 15 runs. But he did ask faheem to bowl 3 overs patethic

Relax, it's an U-19 bowler playing in PSL for the first time on a flat track against set batsmen who were dominating the match. You don't want to kill his confidence already by letting him get smashed again.

Ubaid will get more opportunities later.

Exactly shadab didn't bowl another over from ubaid after that first over wnet for 15 runs. But he did ask faheem to bowl 3 overs patethic
So you would have preferred Ubaid to have bowled nore? I'm not saying that Faheem is a good bowler, but Ubaid did look out of sorts as well.

Highlights of the Lahore Qalandar's innings in the match against Islamabad United today.

Shadab is not firing with the ball. I guess Pakistan can utilize him as a top-order batter.

Lahore so useless without Rashid Khan

they made a big blunder by not replacing him with a proper spinner in the draft.

These Sameen Guls and Aqib's just love singing hymns of praises for their Qalanaders academy players

Thought Salman coming up was strange but good to see him perform well.

Kind of a really good story to be honest. For a while, he just seemed an OK domestic player but got his chance in Tests and has made himself a fixture in the squad. Got himself in ODI's and has done fantastic there as well and now getting his shot in T20's and looking good so far. Good stuff.

LQ will lose this math because of Abdullah Technique's pathetic innings where he would hit one six and then look for 3-4 singles

Once part of Lahore Qalandars, Salman Ali Agha is smashing LQ bowlers. Maybe he can be the X factor for IU tonight. He is picking slower balls and spin bowling very well.

LQ will lose this math because of Abdullah Technique's pathetic innings where he would hit one six and then look for 3-4 singles
The current run rate and required run rate are almost the same now.

Fakhar wasted the power play is the reason why the would lose this game.

Never understand this bragging mentality in Pakistan, sare hi apne mun miya mithu hain yaar. I won this, and number one that bla bla

That lady should probably share her LinkedIn profile and we can just take it from there

How poor is the standard if Shadab is scoring runs like this?

LQ will compete for the 6th spot with KK this time.Their bowling is non existent plus RVD will leave after 6 matches as well.

They were 66-0 in the powerplay? should they have been 200-0 by the end of the first 6? Are you looking for a pointless debate?

Shaheen must be missing Rashid. Without him, Lahore Qalandars are just another typical league team.

I kept saying that these idiots (LQ) needed Waqar Saleemkheil as the replacement for Rashid Khan this season...

Now they are stuck with these dud pacers and their Qalandars talent hunt birds

They were 66-0 in the powerplay? should they have been 200-0 by the end of the first 6? Are you looking for a pointless debate?
13 off 13 while opening in a power play. Get a grip. According to this logic Abdullah innings was great too.

is it me or is this match very dry?

is it cause of the broadcasting ? @Rana

Shaheen must be missing Rashid. Without him, Lahore Qalandars are just another typical league team.
Its their own fault...plenty of opportunity to get 1 proper spinner in...they wanted their talent hunt guys. Its Rashid Khan you are replacing...not some gully mohala cricketer!

Its their own fault...plenty of opportunity to get 1 proper spinner in...they wanted their talent hunt guys. Its Rashid Khan you are replacing...not some gully mohala cricketer!
David Weise as bowler doesn't make sense to me

On these kind of wickets, SAT20, Big Bash and Hundred teams would score 250 off 120 balls regularly

Was probably LQ's fielding that let them down in the end, and lack of spinning options.
IU's spinners were able to contain LQ, but LQ only have one lousy spinner

Pakistan's everyone is happy batting line up

1. Babar
2. Rizwan
3. Shan
4. Shadab
5. Shaheen
6. Fakhar (whos happy just to be selected)

Back