Kemar Roach & Fidel Edwards

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
How great was it to see a couple of real tearaway fast bowlers who bowled with aggression and raw pace today.

Certainly nowhere near the class of some of the tearaway legendary fast bowlers of the West Indies of yesteryear, but nonetheless wonderful to see them both bending their backs and giving the England batsmen some chin music to dance to.

Sadly though it seems that whenever the West Indies nowadays produce a fast bowler or two, injuries deprive them of that talent.

Let's hope for the sake of cricket, that Roach and Edwards are bowling in tandem for many years to come and scaring the living daylights out of the opposition batsmen.

Roach was brilliant against Australia picking up a 10 wicket haul. The majority of his deliveries were straight, he pitched it up giving the ball a chance to do something. Edwards has a lot of pace - both are tearaway fast bowlers, not your 80mph trundlers passed off as 'fast' bowlers. Enjoying them in full swing.

Roach is excellent. Not so sure of Edwards though. Personally, I prefer Rampaul

Its always cool to see genuine fast bowlers bowling in tandem in test Cricket. Great sight. Roach can do great things.

Roach is magnificent, messed punter up and he has never been the same. Edwards is very inconsistent tbh.

Fast bowlers in tandem is a sight to behold, don't get to see this very often these days.

the thing that annoys me about Roach is that he comes 20 metres wide of the crease argh

Whatever happened to Jerome Taylor?

I heard on commentary, Michael Holding was saying how he lost interest in cricket and started his own business but some people have asked him to start training again and he's getting back into professional cricket.

Let's not forget the newbie Shannon Gabriel, who actually has the build and height to bowl those nagging short of the length quick deliveries.

Now Windies batsmen need to buckle up.

shanon gabriel and ravi rampaul have decent pace too, all west indies need to work on is there top order batting. not only do they have good front line bowlers, they have the back up bowlers that will keep competition hot and force the front line guys who keep performing and not start slacking.

narine, bishoo, ravi, kemar, fidel, shanon, maybe jerome taylor make a really good bowling attack for tests, odis or t20s.

shanon gabriel and ravi rampaul have decent pace too, all west indies need to work on is there top order batting. not only do they have good front line bowlers, they have the back up bowlers that will keep competition hot and force the front line guys who keep performing and not start slacking.

narine, bishoo, ravi, kemar, fidel, shanon, maybe jerome taylor make a really good bowling attack for tests, odis or t20s.

Gayle, Barath, Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Bravo, Samuels, Ramdin, Sammy, Roach, Edwards, Narine

Decent XI

Whatever happened to tino best?

I remember when him and fidel first came out and were both bowling in excess of 90mph. I think injuries curtailed them but fidel's always bowled with venom

Tino was bloody quick but just bowled too much rubbish.

Lots of stuff that was too short, and not straight enough to get away with that either.

Whatever happened to tino best?

I remember when him and fidel first came out and were both bowling in excess of 90mph. I think injuries curtailed them but fidel's always bowled with venom

Tino Best these days is built like brute specializing in limited overs bowling, still bowls with pace. I think he was picked in the recent Aus ODI series but didn't get a game.

Tino Best these days is built like brute specializing in limited overs bowling, still bowls with pace. I think he was picked in the recent Aus ODI series but didn't get a game.

He would definitely add to their team in the odi series, with gayle coming back too, there would definitely be entertainment.

Edwards is an average bowler, but can bowl some deliveries with real pace.

Roach is the Windies best fast bowler by some distance and no doubt if the Windies are to pull this off they will need Roach firing on all cylinders.

Roach is definitely one that can take the windies up the ladder, really rate him highly.

Edwards is a bit of a wildcard and never seems very consistent. Almost like a poor man's Gul.

I thought you were talking about Jeff Thompson. Doesn't matter.

Roach is a gun.

Totally. He was averaging 30ish bowling inconsistently. This is KAJ Roach when he shows a bit of consistency. Hostility, pace and tenfers - with a few no-balls thrown in for good measure. :amir

Roach has promise. Young, wicket-taking, test-quality. Wish he bowled a bit less defensive though and pitched it up - still a big improvement from last year.

Roach, Philander, Finn, Pattinson - the future is in good hands.

Just saw Roach's spell from earlier today and just........wow!! Impressive to say the least!

Both may be good at pace and some swing from the playing conditions but I think there is a great area of improvement when it comes to mastering the art of taking wickets (with new and old ball).

Excuse me but how does Edwards still get rated as a bowler. He is awful, he averages 38 and is getting worse now that he has lost his pace.

His last 5 test innings bowling performances: 2/92, 0/19, 0/45, 1/28, 1/88

4 wickets in 5 innings at an average of 68.

I can't believe people keep talking about him as if he is good.

Fidel Edwards should be replaced by Ravi Rampaul next Test.

taylor had one good performance and now hasn't played 1st class cricket for 2 years. He is gone.

Keemar is a good bowler and can become a world class if he keeps working hard. Fidel Edwards is pretty ordinary (I am being generous here). Jerome Taylor was talented but did really excel in the matches he played.

Great to see two quick hostile bowlers going at england in a short little session

Was a faint reminder of when it use to happen frequently back in the 90s against eng (likes of younis/akram, donald/pollock, ambrose/walsh bending their back and giving chin music in the last few overs of the day)

Roach has the oomph, certainly. An absolute brute of a delivery to get rid of Andrew last night.

Murky skies this morning, I'm hoping for more of the same. Beautiful viewing for the spectator.

Great to see two quick hostile bowlers going at england in a short little session

Was a faint reminder of when it use to happen frequently back in the 90s against eng (likes of younis/akram, donald/pollock, ambrose/walsh bending their back and giving chin music in the last few overs of the day)

Reminds me of when they shot us out for 46 in similar circumstances!

A 19-year-old named Chanderpaul scored a grinding fifty that day....

Roach has learned really quickly how to use the slope in his first test at HQ.

Saddening to see that exactly what Saj mentioned has happened. Lost all pace because of injuries. Same happened to Tino Best.

Saddening to see that exactly what Saj mentioned has happened. Lost all pace because of injuries. Same happened to Tino Best.

Tino still looked fairly quick from what I saw of him last year, regularly hitting high 80s and passing the 90mph mark every now and then.

Last edited:
Back