Kings XI Punjab Fan Club

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
After years of frustrations and agony, we finally seem to have procured a squad that is worthy of representing PUNJAB! Fun times ahead, calling out all Punjabi brothers to give their support to the team. Let's win the IPL!

183903.jpg

Has the lowest number of fans in Pakistan, apart from the Hyderabad Sunrisers.

A lot of the glory hunting fan will jump the boat this time.

No. All Pakistanis picked their favorites in IPL 2008 based on Pakistani players and they have been loyal ever since.

Kings XI Punjab didn't have a Pakistani representative, did they?

No. All Pakistanis picked their favorites in IPL 2008 based on Pakistani players and they have been loyal ever since.

Kings XI Punjab didn't have a Pakistani representative, did they?

If I remember correctly, MI, CSK and KXIP didn't have any Pakistani players during the first IPL.

They have the worst bowling attack. Conceded 205 in the first game and then 191 now.

Also, Pujara is just embarrassing. Why do people like him and Dravid feel they're entitled to play IPL. Maxwell and Pujara batting together is the biggest contrast you'll see in T20.

Can I claim to be a fan because I'm actually Punjabi? Actually, with Pakistani heritage from mini Lahore, I can claim to be Punjabi right?

I actually liked Kings XI because they had Dimi Mascheranas and Azhar Mahmood!

Pujara would prove his worth on a big day against better bowlers

Can I claim to be a fan because I'm actually Punjabi? Actually, with Pakistani heritage from mini Lahore, I can claim to be Punjabi right?

I actually liked Kings XI because they had Dimi Mascheranas and Azhar Mahmood!

Every Punjabi must join. :ajmal

I supported and support KKR since 2008. But in today's match want Punjab to chase another big one :)

Neeta Ambani must be kicking herself. 10 Pollards and 10 Andersons can't make up for 1 Maxwell!

They are beasts as well. But Maxxi is the MADDEST of them all. He is not human. :afridi

No dude.. That exact 'mad' consistency sets him apart.. Opposition, pitch, scores don't matter when this guy takes hold of situations.. "Mad Max" is an apt title for him :))

No dude.. That exact 'mad' consistency sets him apart.. Opposition, pitch, scores don't matter when this guy takes hold of situations.. "Mad Max" is an apt title for him :))

Aravinda is the original Mad Max but Maxwell for sure deserves the title now. He is the maddest of all Maxxes.

Victory to Punjab. Back to back monster chases. Maxwell+Miller, can you stop us?

Maxwell XI is too good for Indian trundlers. Thanks to Punjabi mundas like Maxwell, Miller, Baily and Johnson, Punjab XI isn't the most embarrassing team in IPL.

For me the contest of this ipl will be
Malinga vs Maxwell
Narine vs Maxwell
If these two guys can't stop them, then no one can!

All oppositions have to do is keep Pujara on strike. I thought Rajasthan did a good job today not taking Pujara's wicket. They even dropped his catch. 9/10 times that strategy would've won Rajasthan the match. If it wasn't for two freak innings by Maxwell and Miller, Pujara would've surely won the match for Rajasthan.

All oppositions have to do is keep Pujara on strike. I thought Rajasthan did a good job today not taking Pujara's wicket. They even dropped his catch. 9/10 times that strategy would've won Rajasthan the match. If it wasn't for two freak innings by Maxwell and Miller, Pujara would've surely won the match for Rajasthan.

Everything is well said here. Royals were just unlucky that both Maxwell and Miller had one freak of a match but 9 of the other times out of 10 , Pujara would lose matches for Punjab in whole-sale.

Punjab should play it smart and make sure that Pujara doesnt get to play any more of matches, surely there must be some better batsman than Pujara in the Punjab squad who can bat a decent pace.

Just came home and saw the scorecard any highlights of both knocks ?

Another trilling chase by both :14:

Pujara 40(38) :bow:

Seriously, it's about time Punjab do something.

I haven't watched IPL since the second edition, I know Punjab are never in the final.

Punjab and SRH will be the team to beat this season. Punjab have hit the right cord from start but SRH isn't going to stay low for long.

KXIP vs RCB will be a great game though. Good chance we might see 230 vs 230 :msd

The 1st season i supported Rajasthan, but after that Punjab (i guess coz it's also coz i'm from Punjab in Pakistan + Azhar Mahmood played for them) :wasim

Punjab this season looks like RCB of the past, Strong with the bat, poor with the ball.

RCB seems to have got their mix right this season, with all round strength.

Punjab have over-relied on maxi and miller !

Once these two fail, punjab will slump !

That said, its good to see that they've finally put together a good squad ! Looks a solid team and worthy of lifting that trophy !

Punjab without Punjabis
Delhi without Sehwag, kohli, ishant. gambhir, dhawan
KKR without Shami, tiwari
CSK without Karthik and Murali Vijay

How can you take this seriously if you keep changing squads after every three years and the home town boys don't play for their respective cities?

Last edited:
Punjab without Punjabis
Delhi without Sehwag, kohli, ishant. gambhir, dhawan
KKR without Shami, tiwari
CSK without Karthik and Murali Vijay

How can you take this seriously if you keep changing squads after every three years and the home town boys don't play for their respective cities?

Welcome to franchise cricket. Btw the same issue in the Caribbean Premier league. Pollard playing for the rivals etc.

I think punjab can make the play offs but their bowling is too crap for them to win the IPL. I guess CLT20 would still be good for KXIP. I supported them but then they got rid of azhar so not anymore

kings 11 Punjab but no Punjabi player...should been named aussie and others 11.. feel no association with the team when there aint 1 sardar/punjabi player in it.

he ist good at hitting .. good for text cricket and better player for those over the top test cricket fans..for mere mortals like us who like entertainment he is no good

he ist good at hitting .. good for text cricket and better player for those over the top test cricket fans..for mere mortals like us who like entertainment he is no good

I'm a legend at text cricket. Doesn't mean I'm good enough to play IPL.

I feel mandeep singh might be given a chance ahead of pujara, if pujara doesn't improve.

Last edited:
Sardar Maxi Singh Janjua, Sardar David Singh Cheema, Pundit Baily Sharma And Mitchel Singh Ramgadia.

Who says no punjabis play in kings 11

last year at least we had manpreet singh gony and harmeet singh .. this year no Punjabi players

Harmeet Singh that played for KXIP is a Rajasthani (Born in Jodhpur), Other Harmeet Singh under 19 spinner is a Mumbaikar. None of them is a Punjabi.

Punjab was always a decent side, loved when Gilly/Marsh/Lee played together. Just the hype machine of MI steals all attention. MI has been most mediocre side led by Sachin Tendulkar, who was below average player in IPL. Sheer arrogance in releasing Maxwell and retaining clowns like Rayadu and Harbhajan.

Might just start supporting this side due to the three Ms - Mitch, Maxwell and Miller.

I am glad KXIP released Piyush Chawla lol. He single-handedly lost so many games. Pujara will play same role this edition it seems. Play Mandeep or Vohra.

Have been the laughing stock historically but they are killing it this year. Early favorites for me at the moment.

Have been the laughing stock historically but they are killing it this year. Early favorites for me at the moment.
Have to give it to Sanjay Bangar (coach). Guy made some shrewd picks during the auction. Played the waiting game brilliantly. Heard that he has been given a free hand. Glad, he is getting some recognition at last!

They have the most balanced squad(batting only) this season, im already liking kings XI. Count me in, my grandfather was from jalendar but im not punjabi :)

They have the best batting/ below par bowling !

Have to give it to Sanjay Bangar (coach). Guy made some shrewd picks during the auction. Played the waiting game brilliantly. Heard that he has been given a free hand. Glad, he is getting some recognition at last!

Is he the guy who played for India almost a decade back?

Back