Kings XI Punjab Fan Club

Does this team have any haters at all? I mean, even the oppositions would probably like them even if they get crushed

Are all KKR fans phenku? :))) We literally tore apart your bowling dude. We lost due to our own crappy bowling. :facepalm:

You would have got 240 and won if you played your normal way. Your players got Phattu and played cricket for only 10 overs, and still almost won. Not good enough.

Had you played the usual gutsy way and collapsed, then I would have called it unlucky because KXIP was best side. Not doing what got you to the final can't be excused.

I was talking about kings xi in general and not in pp context..

so much love for KXIP has only come from this season, with all the success.

Otherwise too, Punjab has had a lot of likeable cricketers playing for it, till now we had Gilly, this year is whole lot of likeable guys
with Miller, Maxwell, the legend Viru, exciting young blood of Akshar, Vohra, Karanveer, and Mandeep singh.

and the always lovely Preity:blossom::heart:

You would have got 240 and won if you played your normal way. Your players got Phattu and played cricket for only 10 overs, and still almost won. Not good enough.

Had you played the usual gutsy way and collapsed, then I would have called it unlucky because KXIP was best side. Not doing what got you to the final can't be excused.

Dude which other team got even 200 against KKR bashing Narine the way we did?it wasnt a CSK attack to get 240

so much love for KXIP has only come from this season, with all the success.

Otherwise too, Punjab has had a lot of likeable cricketers playing for it, till now we had Gilly, this year is whole lot of likeable guys
with Miller, Maxwell, the legend Viru, exciting young blood of Akshar, Vohra, Karanveer, and Mandeep singh.

and the always lovely Preity:blossom:[emoji813]
success... that's obvious isn't it!

But why don't people like csk or mi or kkr in the same vein? And why?

Kings xi are a likeable bunch.. and hence..

Dude which other team got even 200 against KKR bashing Narine the way we did?it wasnt a CSK attack to get 240

It's not about getting 200 or getting 180. It's that the final was the only match in the entire tournament where they ditched their all-out aggression approach which made them so dangerous. They were 55-2 after 10 overs. That's not good enough, the subsequent result proved that though they played so well after it wasn't enough. When you hit 14.5 in the back 10 you should be getting 240, and the tragic part is they are the one team that really understands that.

The reason in modern T20 fielding sides win so often is because batting sides settle for moderate/par scores and/or give up trying for a winning score the moment two quick wickets fall. KXIP are the one side that don't make this mistake, which is why their defensive approach in the finals was inexcusable. I do think they've really learnt their lesson from that; losing with Miller and Maxwell barely getting any time to do the damage. If blame is to be laid anywhere, it's not with the bowlers, it's with Manan Vohra for playing so slowly on a belter in the middle stages.

success... that's obvious isn't it!

But why don't people like csk or mi or kkr in the same vein? And why?

Kings xi are a likeable bunch.. and hence..

Most of the people you interact with should be North Indians. I am sure someone in South must be asking the same question about why everyone seems to love CSK so much.

Most of the people you interact with should be North Indians. I am sure someone in South must be asking the same question about why everyone seems to love CSK so much.

Bangaloreans don't love CSK ,believe me I have lived in bangalore for 2 years :))

I'm a south Indian and I interact with both north and south folks equally. Most of the guys, unless they are dhoni fanatics, don't like csk. I started liking csk a little this season just for their opening batsmen. . But most of the people love punjab team..

It's not about getting 200 or getting 180. It's that the final was the only match in the entire tournament where they ditched their all-out aggression approach which made them so dangerous. They were 55-2 after 10 overs. That's not good enough, the subsequent result proved that though they played so well after it wasn't enough. When you hit 14.5 in the back 10 you should be getting 240, and the tragic part is they are the one team that really understands that.

The reason in modern T20 fielding sides win so often is because batting sides settle for moderate/par scores and/or give up trying for a winning score the moment two quick wickets fall. KXIP are the one side that don't make this mistake, which is why their defensive approach in the finals was inexcusable. I do think they've really learnt their lesson from that; losing with Miller and Maxwell barely getting any time to do the damage. If blame is to be laid anywhere, it's not with the bowlers, it's with Manan Vohra for playing so slowly on a belter in the middle stages.

The same approach you are talking about cost us 2 matches vs KKR earlier.You have to respect a good bowling attack and adjust accordingly

The same approach you are talking about cost us 2 matches vs KKR earlier.You have to respect a good bowling attack and adjust accordingly

That approach wasn't what cost you guys. It was the uncertainty caused by rain and whether or not D/L targets would come into play and in any case, the strategy worked so many more times than it failed that it's obviously optimal. It's obviously KXIP's go to strategy they believe in. No strategy will ever work 100% of the time. They topped the table by disrespecting every side's bowling attack and pulverizing everybody. Respecting bowlers is over-rated as they showed Narine in the final, but even that couldn't un do the effect of unnecessary tuk-tuk on what everyone knew to be a belter.

That approach wasn't what cost you guys. It was the uncertainty caused by rain and whether or not D/L targets would come into play and in any case, the strategy worked so many more times than it failed that it's obviously optimal. It's obviously KXIP's go to strategy they believe in. No strategy will ever work 100% of the time. They topped the table by disrespecting every side's bowling attack and pulverizing everybody. Respecting bowlers is over-rated as they showed Narine in the final, but even that couldn't un do the effect of unnecessary tuk-tuk on what everyone knew to be a belter.
Man you are the worst analyst I have seen on any cricket forum

Kings XI are the greatest force in the world of T20 premier leagues. KKR just have a chucking Narine, thats all the difference there is. Thanks and bye.

Man you are the worst analyst I have seen on any cricket forum

Except that empirically my predictions come true a lot more than those of most others; which is the only test of an analyst.

If my analysis coincided with yours, there's no way it could be better than yours.

The best analysts always tend to disagree with parts of prevailing wisdom, it's literally impossible to analyze better than others if that's not the case. These are the posts that tell me I'm on the right track.

Also, pretty telling how the guy calling analysis bad is the only one incapable of providing any reasoning except kindergarten level "You are stupid" comments.

We didn't lose because of batting genius, if I have to explain this simple fact then what does it say about you?
We lost because of bowling and poor captaincy , chasing 200+ in a final is no joke and we had enough runs on the board especially considering the KKR batting. When karanveer was hit for a six by YK , bailey took him out of the attack and all the commies were saying it was a stupid move because Yk wasn't reading Karanveer. An over or 2 there he would have gotten Yk cheaply ( he eventually did get YK out). Similar blunders like not playing sandeep singh cost us the game

OYE!!!!

Stop messing Kings XI, thread with petty fights.

Panga na lo... :po: Grrrrr

We didn't lose because of batting genius, if I have to explain this simple fact then what does it say about you?
We lost because of bowling and poor captaincy , chasing 200+ in a final is no joke and we had enough runs on the board especially considering the KKR batting. When karanveer was hit for a six by YK , bailey took him out of the attack and all the commies were saying it was a stupid move because Yk wasn't reading Karanveer. An over or 2 there he would have gotten Yk cheaply ( he eventually did get YK out). Similar blunders like not playing sandeep singh cost us the game

So if there's anything we learnt fromthis IPL, it is that on a belter, 200 runs is a joke for IPL teams.

Everyone knew bowling is not KXIPs strength.

When the era of T20 is changing, this is the problem I mentioned two posts ago. Why do chasing teams win almost 60%-65% of the time (see last IPL)? Because batting teams are too conservative at estimating what a good score is.

The rules of cricket don't change because it's a final. You are still allowed to play without fear and KKR did. Manish hit a six every time a wicket fell instead of slowing down and consolidating. You can look for ways in which the bowling could have been improved, but fact is that we were chasing 202 and despite losing wickets regularly, it was down to run a ball by the time 3 overs were left. 200 just wasn't enough at Chinnaswamy, and everyone knows or should know that this is an abnormally high scoring ground.

Even now today, I can tell you par at Chinnaswamy is 200+, because it's a small ground and the ball travels far and the pitch is a belter.

So if there's anything we learnt fromthis IPL, it is that on a belter, 200 runs is a joke for IPL teams.

Everyone knew bowling is not KXIPs strength.

When the era of T20 is changing, this is the problem I mentioned two posts ago. Why do chasing teams win almost 60%-65% of the time (see last IPL)? Because batting teams are too conservative at estimating what a good score is.

The rules of cricket don't change because it's a final. You are still allowed to play without fear and KKR did. Manish hit a six every time a wicket fell instead of slowing down and consolidating. You can look for ways in which the bowling could have been improved, but fact is that we were chasing 202 and despite losing wickets regularly, it was down to run a ball by the time 3 overs were left. 200 just wasn't enough at Chinnaswamy, and everyone knows or should know that this is an abnormally high scoring ground.

Even now today, I can tell you par at Chinnaswamy is 200+, because it's a small ground and the ball travels far and the pitch is a belter.
Man do you even know pressure of chasing, pressure of finals , Quality of KKR batting etc

Man do you even know pressure of chasing, pressure of finals , Quality of KKR batting etc

Pressure of chasing isn't a scientific fact. You aren't forced to play defensively or feel pressure. In fact the way KKR played showed that they did feel no pressure and weren't scared of getting out. I'm not sure why you think KKR batting lacked quality, but clearly they played well enough and have been doing so for a while.

Pressure of chasing isn't a scientific fact. You aren't forced to play defensively or feel pressure. In fact the way KKR played showed that they did feel no pressure and weren't scared of getting out. I'm not sure why you think KKR batting lacked quality, but clearly they played well enough and have been doing so for a while.

If pressure of chasing is strong why do 90% of captains choose to chase when they win toss now?

Another fact Mr analyst, Punjab won a match against the home team by scoring a very similar total in the same edition of IPL.
Only 1 total greater than 199 has been chased in bangalore
Next time factor this in while you are "analysing"

KKR + Chucknarine > KXI Punjab

KKR - Chucknarine <<<<<< KXI Punjab

KKR + Chucknarine > KXI Punjab

KKR - Chucknarine <<<<<< KXI Punjab

I am serious when I say, KXIP thread is not for serious discussions ans especially the gruelling maths of stats and numbers.
Its about passion, be happy and hearty as only Punjabis can be :D

So Seriously no "serious talk" here plz.

Talk about butter chicken, Lassi and Bhangra, Butter Naan,
Sing "Chandigarh kare aashiqui, munda jatta da jalandharo aake"

[MENTION=135134]CricketAnalyst[/MENTION], [MENTION=137420]Straight_Drive[/MENTION], [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] @Just Carzy, [MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION], [MENTION=45152]Saurav[/MENTION]

I am serious when I say, KXIP thread is not for serious discussions ans especially the gruelling maths of stats and numbers.

[MENTION=135134]CricketAnalyst[/MENTION], [MENTION=137420]Straight_Drive[/MENTION], [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] @Just Carzy, [MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION], [MENTION=45152]Saurav[/MENTION]

Awein jee nyi chandigarh lagda
Dil Chandigarh walian ne laaye hoye aa.
:kapil

Ya Ya.. Dhoni got seduced by the "Red Light areas of Chennai" :p

(jump to 3:30 time in the video)

Gandi baat Dhoni sir, yeh kya bol diya. Reminded me of Pujaras MOM award after his wedding "I was under huge pressure to perform";)

You're right. Lassi peeo teh khush ravo....aa maths de chakkeran ch na pavo. :D

Lets beat our bunnies to book a place in the final.

^

Its a conspiracy to stop you from having more posts.

Chalo ji... Punjab ke balle balle ho gayi... better luck next time, see you in IPL :D

Punjab in serious trouble.
One of Vohra and Miller needs to play a blinder. Otherwise, Punjus will be history.

CSK will be the most legendary club of World Cricket, and it brings tears to my eyes that I am one of the founding supporters. :srini

No shame losing against us.. we love you Punjab :)

CSK will be the most legendary club of World Cricket, and it brings tears to my eyes that I am one of the founding supporters. :srini

No shame losing against us.. we love you Punjab :)

3-1 now :D

Nothing overrated about Punjab. They were unlucky to meet a Dhoni XI. KKR will meet similar fate very soon. :msd

It looks like Kings XI are set to make it 2 out of 2 when it comes to consecutive bottom of the table finishes.

Absolutely love Kings XI along with Kolkota Knight Riders.

Thought they were the best team in IPL 2014 and should have won it if not for Manish Pandeys heroics.

Back then, they had an in-form Viru along with an in-form Maxwell and a firing Aman Vohra. Bailey and Miller were great too.

Sad to see them struggle now but hope they can get their act together if Vohra, Maxwell and Miller find form. Vijay cannot do it by himself.

Is Pujara still playing for Kings XI Punjab?

We were the sexiest team by far in 2014 IPL. Should have won that final really. .

After many years, I'm.feelijf the vibe with this Punjab team.

Rahul
Mayank
Maxwell
Pooran
Shami
Cotrel

Etc

A lot of my favorites in this team

Does Kings XI Punjab team have any Punjabis? Where’s local Punjab talent?

Last edited:
Does Kings XI Punjab team have any Punjabis? Where’s local Punjab talent?

Meet:-

Chriswinderjeet Singh Gelly
Glenderveer Singh Maxkalandar

Attachments

• BoHzCtqIUAApFfO.jpg
    BoHzCtqIUAApFfO.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200927_213342.jpg
    IMG_20200927_213342.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 61
Not sure about winning but this team certainly has the X-factor that makes everyone watch their games. Some really exciting players in this team.

Back