Kings XI Punjab Fan Club

Is he the guy who played for India almost a decade back?

Yep. Bits and pieces cricketer. Was captain of the Railways side back in the day. Real good temperament. Was a fighter. Unfortunately wasn't very talented. Played to his limited abilities. Best performance has to be the 60 odd he scored in Headlingley, under extremely tough conditions, opening the innings and had a great partnership with Dravid, which resulted in one of India's greatest overseas wins. Also had a couple of decent ODI performances against WI at home. Dimly faded away!

"15.1
Tambe to Pujara, 1 run, Pujara gives this full delivery everything, but it just rolls across the outfield to long on "
Pujara's T20 hitting power

Sehwag sehwag and sehwag. he may make 4 runs in 2 balls and yet he will bet most cheers.

sad to see him in glasses. What a man he used to be

Picked Punjab as my IPL team back in the day because of Marsh. Great to see it's strong Australian contingent.

Picked Punjab as my IPL team back in the day because of Marsh. Great to see it's strong Australian contingent.
I didn't even remember Shaun Marsh is in this squad. Highest scorer of the first IPL, and can't get a game now. I wish there wasn't a cap on the international players. Marsh and Thisara Parera could have easily replaced Pujara and Rishi Dhawan respectively.

Sehwag sehwag and sehwag. he may make 4 runs in 2 balls and yet he will bet most cheers.

sad to see him in glasses. What a man he used to be

Everyone loves Veeru, its alright even if he keeps hitting run a ball 30s.

Hope Sehwag can carry this form on and make an international comeback. An absolute beast in full flow a delight to watch

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Seems unstoppable this side. Even with Maxwell and Miller failing, the bowling turned up. Viru seems to be showing signs of form. He is atleast getting runs which is more than can be said for legend Gambhir.

Don't know why Viru doesn't get lasik done, it resurrected Tiger Woods' career. It's clear the only thing wrong with the man is that he isn't picking it up as quickly as he used to at his prime. Possibly the specs are already working.

It takes some time to realize one's eyes are going, and for someone who relied on hand-eye and has always had poor technique, he was always going to suffer till he realized what was going wrong. I really hope that he can now see it fine, and he still has his reflexes.

I still believe in Pujara. He is the type of player who will prove his worth in a big match.

Some Bakwas comments on cricinfo

Aseem: "Leaving Maxwell and Miller aside, KXIP are actually a weak batting team. Their amazing consistency has papered over all weaknesses so far."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YP9RVyzNYL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Most entertaining team in the IPL, funny how they beat table leaders Chennai twice but lost to teams like Kolkata and Mumbai.

If Saha and Vohra can continue with Sehwag ,Maxi and Killer Miller then no one can stop us.

We have owned CSK twice already. Maybe a fluke could save them now. :13:

I hate to say it but Mamoon is right. KKR are now looking dangerous as waqar pointed out in extra innings.

Last edited:
Punjab's fluke will come to an end soon. KKR is the real deal. :waqar

Gambhir has started to fire as well.

CSK will always lose to kings 11 because of how Maxwell likes to toy with Ashwin and Jadeja.

I'm just too good at this. :ibutt

I hope you got Shane Warne and Butt reference from my post. I actually dont want you to be hanged upside down. I dont want Ghazwa on me :zaid

I hope you got Shane Warne and Butt reference from my post. I actually dont want you to be hanged upside down. I dont want Ghazwa on me :zaid

Yes, but I am a bit worried now. :ibutt

I'm too bitter about Punjab not winning... I'm just going to do the easy thing and call fixed :))

Where is freelancer now??

Thought glen maxwell was the new best thing... Couldn't do his team any good when it mattered

Great win last night against Hurricanes in our first outing in Champions League. :14:

Thanks for the bump!!

I kinda missed my stamp in this thread..

:109::120::3dbiggrin

My favourite IPL team. Sehwag, Maxwell, Bailey, Miller even Shaun Marsh. Insane team. Even the bowling is good with Awana, Patel, Balaji, MJ. Should have won the IPL over the boring KKR side.

Great win by the Kings of Punjab... The ultimate victim would be the Northern Knights.. They so badly need a drubbing :))

I respect them and feel they're as good as KXIP!

My favourite IPL team. Sehwag, Maxwell, Bailey, Miller even Shaun Marsh. Insane team. Even the bowling is good with Awana, Patel, Balaji, MJ. Should have won the IPL over the boring KKR side.

As a fan of the 'boring' KKR side, I have to say you guys 1000% deserved your loss.

All tournament long, KXIP played correctly and had the guts to keep slogging.

In the finals you guys chickened out and decided to play like every other idiot team and 'keep wickets in hand'.

Even with 14.5 per over in the last 10 that was still not enough.

Hope you guys have learnt the lesson and stick to the slogging this time instead of becoming scared whenever it matters the most.

As a fan of the 'boring' KKR side, I have to say you guys 1000% deserved your loss.

In the finals you guys chickened out and decided to play like every other idiot team and 'keep wickets in hand'.

Hope you guys have learnt the lesson and stick to the slogging this time instead of becoming scared whenever it matters the most.

lolz we posted 200 including despite Narine there.Don't think any team scored that much vs KKR.

We lost due to bowling :nehra

Are all KKR fans phenku? :))) We literally tore apart your bowling dude. We lost due to our own crappy bowling. :facepalm:

Hey don't misuse a legend's pic like that. :sanga

I meant in the context of IPL, Balaji and Awana are good. Balaji even has a 5-fer I think.

they should've lost yesterday but rampaul bowled shockingly

Back