Leicestershire v Pakistan | Tour Match | Leicester | July 8-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox

ODI Debutant
Runs
This one will be a two-day tour match, between Leicestershire and Pakistan - our last warmup game before the First Test against Australia next Tuesday.

Starts in just around four hours.

On the other hand, the touring Australian side will also be playing Derbyshire in a two day warmup.. that also starts in just around four hours.

Best of luck to Pakistan.. and Australia! :D

Paradox said:
This one will be a two-day tour match, between Leicestershire and Pakistan - our last warmup game before the First Test against Australia next Tuesday.

Starts in just around four hours.

On the other hand, the touring Australian side will also be playing Derbyshire in a two day warmup.. that also starts in just around four hours.

Best of luck to Pakistan.. and Australia! :D

Hope Pakistan bat first and bat both days :D

We need all of the batting practice we can get.

I hope we win the toss and bat.

I guess it'll be pretty similar to our final Test XI, as the 7 players that were supposed to join our Test squad (Farhat, Kaneria, Asif, etc) are now with the squad?

ali_ed2006 said:
I'm expecting Farhat, Hameed and Asif to come in for Shahzaib, Razzaq, and Akhtar.

Thanks for stating the obvious :D they've already left the team anyway.

I'm expecting the squad to be something like this

Salman Butt
Imran Farhat
Yasir Hameed/Umar Amin
Shoaib Malik
Umar Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Mohammad Aamer
Umar Gul
Mohamamd Asif
Danish Kaneria

Last edited:
I wish instead of imran farhat.... umar amin should open . . with hameed at 3 in all test matches in england

give him the full time opprtunity to make or break his career

Wassixpakistani said:
I'm expecting the squad to be something like this

Salman Butt
Imran Farhat
Yasir Hameed/Umar Amin
Shoaib Malik
Umar Akmal
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Mohammad Aamer
Umar Gul
Mohamamd Asif
Danish Kaneria

That's what it should be. Expect Hameed in there. I highly doubt Umar Amin will play against Australia. Hameed will play, fail, and then they will bring Amin against England.

ali_ed2006 said:
That's what it should be. Expect Hameed in there. I highly doubt Umar Amin will play against Australia. Hameed will play, fail, and then they will bring Amin against England.

Pakistan don't have many seniors left in the batting department , so logically I can see Hameed playing against Australia . I just hope they play Hameed in today's Tour match , the guy seriously needs some practice .

The risky route will be playing Amin in place of Hameed , Playing a debutant at No.3 against the Aussie fast bowlers in english conditions doesn't seem the best idea to me . I'd rather have him play against England .

I hope Azhar Ali and Umar Amin get a bat...and some runs of course.

kingusama92 said:
We need all of the batting practice we can get.

I hope we win the toss and bat.

I take it this is still a 2 inns per team match, If so then the guys who have just joined the squad will need to bat twice to get some much needed practice, and the bowlers like Asif also need to get some overs under their belt.

Umar amin scored 73 while opening... in one of the side games

so y we guyz considering him to be at 3 ...

he can easily replace the crappy left hander imran farhat ne given day

Plz :afridi dont pick Malik for the tests....
I'll pick the likes of Hameed,Azhar and Umar Amin over him anyday in tests...
The ideal batting line-up should be like this.
Salman
Imran(not in his favour too but he' has provided good opening stands so have to stick with him)
Yasir
Umar
U Akmal
Kamran
Shahid

Last edited:
guys i have heard the new bowler. tanvir ahmed is a very good bowler who can swing the ball aswell and is always upto the challenge and can bowl good bouncers too. i really think we should try out these young fast bowlers. we have amir-asif-kaneria-afridi and inplace of gul we can try out tanvir but for eng test series. we should have irfan.

Are there any radio commentary links for this match ?

Ryankhan said:
guys i have heard the new bowler. tanvir ahmed is a very good bowler who can swing the ball aswell and is always upto the challenge and can bowl good bouncers too. i really think we should try out these young fast bowlers. we have amir-asif-kaneria-afridi and inplace of gul we can try out tanvir but for eng test series. we should have irfan.

he's old :ajmal :misbah

Pakistanis squad
Shahid Afridi*, Azhar Ali, Danish Kaneria, Imran Farhat, Kamran Akmal†, Mohammad Aamer, Mohammad Asif, Saeed Ajmal, Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Tanvir Ahmed, Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Yasir Hameed, Zulqarnain Haider†

I think Aamir & Gul should be rested .Asif Kaneria wahab Tanveer should get some practice .
In batting I think Farhat ,Amin , Hameed should be playing .

Two day game so no need for Amir...Let Amir rest...Gul needs some overs under his belt as does Asif...

Another player that could be rested is Salman Butt - he's played all the games so far and like I said its only a two day game so its not suddenly going to help him play in test mode as opposed to t20 or odi mode...

Instead of Amir and Butt play Amin and Azhar Ali!

Pakistanis team
Salman Butt*, Imran Farhat, Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik, Umar Amin, Zulqarnain Haider†, Wahab Riaz, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Asif

Pakistan lost the toss, and are bowling

Akmals, Afridi, Amir Gul are all rested, Suprised to see Danish not selected.

Last edited:
what are they trying to do with umar amin

this guy has no fix batting position.... cant they learn from past mistakes.. shifting of batting order... create fuss in the mind of a player...... and then they declare.... HE DIDNT PERFORM

Match details
Players per side Leicestershire 10 ; Pakistanis 9

slightly strange or is cricinfo upto its usual tricks

Salman Butt*, Imran Farhat, Azhar Ali, Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik, Umar Amin, Zulqarnain Haider†, Tanvir Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Asif

pak4life said:
Match details
Players per side Leicestershire 10 ; Pakistanis 9

slightly strange or is cricinfo upto its usual tricks

Well spotted,

Updated team

Salman Butt*, Imran Farhat, Azhar Ali, Yasir Hameed, Shoaib Malik, Umar Amin, Zulqarnain Haider†, Tanvir Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Asif

outside edge and :four

over the slips!

streaky boundary for Matt Boyce, Leicester off the mark.

Shahid Afridi should have been played this game ahead for first Test.

another :four

better shot, punched through the covers, outfield is like greased lightning

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
outside edge and :four

over the slips!

streaky boundary for Matt Boyce, Leicester off the mark.

You listening to commentary by any chance ?

According to cricinfo Australians 16/1 (3.2/100 ov) v Derbyshire is 100 over max per Inning match ....but Leicestershire v Pakistan don't have any such limit .... :13:

mastermind_quad said:
According to cricinfo Australians 16/1 (3.2/100 ov) v Derbyshire is 100 over max per Inning match ....but Leicestershire v Pakistan don't have any such limit .... :13:

they know Pakistani batting will never last 100 overs :))

:four

short wide and dispatched...Asif not starting well.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:

Pakistan innings will exceed the 100 over mark, dont you worry :D

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:

:D

i meant Leicestershire can play( if they able to) more than 1.5 day and its only a 2 day game ....while Aussies need to bowl after 100 over ...
n Pak need more batting practice....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back