Making of Kashmiri Willow Bats

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Came across the following pictures which I thought would be interesting to share with you guys;

109187527.jpg

109187521.jpg

109187518.jpg

109187482.jpg

109187601.jpg

109187528.jpg

109187607.jpg

109187543.jpg

109201728.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, few are showing - few others arent.

Good pics by the way- where did u get those bro?

if you dont mind uzair bhai can you please try to reload these pics on a new thread

Now those are *real* handmade bats :D wonder what the pressing is like on them :D

(btw, all pictures are showing for me)

The bat making art of kashur(kashmiri) batmakers is quite reminiscent of biblical times......man they still use the age old techniques and tools.....

Their primary target is QUANTITY rather than QUALITY...............................

btw great work CD

JazakAllah Khair Ummer Bhai!

Since you're from Kashmir do you know anything about this factory?

Since you're from Kashmir do you know anything about this factory?

i don`t know the inside out of these places but yes i know where exactly these are,these bat manufacturing units are located about 30-40 kms from my city.......

as i mentioned in my earlier posts in other thread that the quality of the willow is not actually that bad as it is made out to be.....the main problem with these guys is the lack of basic funding and hence their techniques lack research and the tools are not up to date(rather they are primitive).....

pressing on the bats is almost non-existent and the ACHILLES seems to be the handles,which i must admit are horrible

Last edited:
thanks uzair bhai finally got to see them and are they all kashmir willow

Back