Marchant de Lange

Down2Earth

ODI Debutant
Runs
Tall, fast, bounce, aggressive. Very impressive.

Steyn, Morkel and Langer, the fastest attack in the world :usman

another addition to the Killer bowling line up
wow what a fast bowlers RSA Got !!:wasim

England will get murdered in the summer :))

Their Fast bowling legacy lives on while we have :cheema and :sohail :(

will the mods please change the thread name to MARCHANT de Lange?

the thread name reminds me of Merchant of Venice :p

Salaam.

Interesting to see that he has only played 14 first class games? :13:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Fast bowlers are young not trained very well maybe due to lack of caring or technology. I hope Talha, Wahab and Juniad bhai continue PAKISTAN legacy.

Looks good at first glance. A feature to note is the short run-up to the crease which could well see him playing out a long career if he continues to deliver.

very strong, powerful action...looks a good prospect.

thnx for the thread name change.

anyhow, a pretty promising bowler. morkel is under a bit of pressure now with philander, de lange and even tsotsobe in contention(though tsotsobe is behind the other two for now).

India's also got genuine pace in Yadav and Aaron. We have bowlers who barely touch 140kmph!!! If you want to be the best team in the world or even one of the best you need fast bowlers no matter how good your spinners are you will never win matches constantly without fast bowlers on all kinds of wickets.

India's also got genuine pace in Yadav and Aaron. We have bowlers who barely touch 140kmph!!! If you want to be the best team in the world or even one of the best you need fast bowlers no matter how good your spinners are you will never win matches constantly without fast bowlers on all kinds of wickets.

:gul

Aizaz Cheema is a fantastic bowler. Avg of 24 in test matches and 20 in ODI. He has got a better AVG then Junaid Khan

I like Aizaz Cheema but your the one who always says 'you can't look at stats of players to show their ability' and now your pulling out stats.

Great poster.

Our seamers have done a decent job. :aizaz 24 average this year :gul 26, more than decent. Now I know pace is very important but its not all about pace. I'd rather have Gul bowling good stuff at 130 kph than trying to bowl 145 and probably getting injured in the process.

Where does SA keep on finding these guys from, seem like they have an endless supply.

Our seamers have done a decent job. :aizaz 24 average this year :gul 26, more than decent. Now I know pace is very important but its not all about pace. I'd rather have Gul bowling good stuff at 130 kph than trying to bowl 145 and probably getting injured in the process.

Where does SA keep on finding these guys from, seem like they have an endless supply.

Thats typical Indian mentality. :p :nehra

umar gul now having a senior role leading the attack has cut down his pace, its probably down to the amount of cricket being played and to avoid injuries gul is prone to injuries.

aizaz cheema is at the end of the road, so its hard to expect him to start hitting speeds of 144+ on a regular basis

cheema should have been picked 5-10yrs ago instead of a rubbish bowler like sami. cheema would have been at his best then and most likely would have clocked 144+ kph regulary in his prime, he is very similar to shane bond similar action, and its a shame he never played for pakistan in his prime.

the future is wahab and junaid they have their best yrs ahead of them if the are correctly managed by the pcb and i have no doubts both are 140kph+ bowlers with wahab even being a 150kph bowler.

Last edited:

Yadav is good. Aaron is another Sami. :junaid

Heard the squad for England Series.

:talha :junaid :wahab

Tall, strong and lots of energy. What a beauty to get rid of Sangakkara.

Looking forward to see him in England next year. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

Good find.Short Run up.Simple action.Less chance of injuries.How he bowls 90MPH with such a short run up.

He has a real short run up. Hope he gets his maiden 5-fer tomorrow. Currently on 4 wickets*

England will get murdered in the summer :))

Their Fast bowling legacy lives on while we have :cheema and :sohail :(

what is wrong with cheema? a dam fine bowler....and hopefully tanvir never returns so shouldn't have to worry about him

Hes got deceptive pace, great potential and Saffers common !! where do they find these guys man?

LOL @ Random Aussie, Ya South Africa is like La Masia for English cricket.

5-fer on his debut! :wahab Good prospect for the future

So if Philander is fit for next test who will sit out?Imran Tahir may have to be the one.

He looked pretty good. That said, new bowlers can usually prove to be a handful because there's not much footage of them yet. Same reason I'm not totally sold on Cummins and Patto yet. But like them, de Lange definitely has lots of promise. Let's see how he goes in a year.

Tremendous performance :14:

Doesn't seem like a brain dead quick bowler either, changes lengths very intelligently.

Simply sublime, a joy watching him thunder in bowl those terrific throat ticklers.

A breath of fresh air.

Englan, india, SA are developing good genuine pacers. What about pakistan? The legacy seems to decline....

oh please :))) :)))

turn on the tv at 11:30 pm your time and see the india australia match.... ;-) the avg was 143.... Faster was 148. :p.

Yeah baby, india has launched some models in express pace department. :p

turn on the tv at 11:30 pm your time and see the india australia match.... ;-) the avg was 143.... Faster was 148. :p.

Yeah baby, india has launched some models in express pace department. :p

there was one 150k by yadav yesterday

Jealous with Indian pacers? Not really, may be after a year if they still touching 150s.

Built like a giant and looks like he can run in all day and put the ball at the same spot and move it either ways generating uncomforting bounce. Great prospect.

SA now have a fantastic bowling attack and suddenly Morkel is looking like a weak link due to his inconsistency!

Finn, Junaid, Phillander, Cummins, Pattinson, Starc, Bracewell, Yadav and now De Lange..all 21-22 years old except Phillander. Future of fast bowling looks safe for the next 5-7 years.

Wow he is anothe fine bowler, how many have we seen this year? Philander, Cummins, Junaid, Pattinson, De Lange..

I really don't know why Pakistanis are worrying about pace, please look at the countries these bowlers are playing in compared to our bowlers. Gul, Junaid and Cheema won't bowl 145kph in the desert heat instead try to keep their pace down whereas Pattinson, Cummins etc will bowl quicker as the pitches encourage them, they have 75,000 spectators watching and supporting them and majority of the time the temperatures are very good for bowling.

All the factors help, when you have grounds that are empty, the sun powering down on you and the wickets not providing bounce or swing, you don't expect the bowlers to bend their backs for 90 overs.

If the same bowlers bowled in Australia, England or South Africa, I'm sure their pace would be higher.

Built like a giant and looks like he can run in all day and put the ball at the same spot and move it either ways generating uncomforting bounce. Great prospect.

SA now have a fantastic bowling attack and suddenly Morkel is looking like a weak link due to his inconsistency!

Finn, Junaid, Phillander, Cummins, Pattinson, Starc, Bracewell, Yadav and now De Lange..all 21-22 years old except Phillander. Future of fast bowling looks safe for the next 5-7 years.

Take out Starc & Yadav. Add in Wahab Riaz.

Scary good prospect for SA. I'm gonna say they are the best fast bowling line-up closely followed by Aus.

Sa should bring him in

India look very uncomfortable against pace and bounce

Back