Millions of Indians worshiping ordinary preachers l How stupid is that?

With all due respect to people's religious sentiments, this is the most absurd practice in the subcontinent and has contributed immensely in keeping us backward.

Recently also in Punjab, the Gyani-Dera Baba conflict has ruined the peace and harmony we have maintainjed with such hardwork over decades.

That Dera Sacha Sauda is a joke, we all know but also for sikhs i want to say you guys have been fool enough as well in following these UK, Canada wale hardcore Gyani folks. They hjave big turbans and beards but are the worst of the sikhs from the inside, get money from shoddy folks out of India and have just one purpose to topple govts over here and destabilize the region to their benefit. Please grow up and be progressive. The intellectual true sikhs, the business minded good folks are awesome. Its just the paendoo gyani folks who blindly follow anyone wearing a Jhagga and holding a long kirpaan that are the buffoons of the land.

Don't be a hater. Here is some love charger to compensate your hate charger

I see that Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is in the news at the moment, for being arrogant and pompous - this is a man so godly he gave himself an extra 'Sri'.

I turned down Nobel, Malala’s prize unworthy: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Questioning the credentials of the Nobel Committee and peace activist Malala Yousafzai, spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Saturday said he would turn down the prestigious global award if given to him.

The Art of Living founder, who was in Latur, Maharashtra to take a look at the drought conditions, was speaking to journalists when he termed Malala’s peace prize as a political move.

Saying he had once turned down the award, Sri Sri said, “Nowadays, there is no value to the Nobel Prize. When you award it to a 16-year-old girl who hasn’t done anything, what value is left? It has become a political prize.”

Pakistan’s Yousafzai was awarded the Nobel prize in 2014, becoming the youngest to receive the prestigious award at age 17. Yousafzai has been a vocal activist for education for girls. She was shot in the head by the Taliban in 2012 in Pakistan, after which she moved UK. Yousafzai shared that year’s Nobel with India’s Kailash Satyarthi.

When asked by a journalist if he it was wrong to have awarded Yousafzai, Sri Sri responded, “Aur kya (of course).”

Alleging political machinations determined who won the award and not social work, he further said he was once ‘approached’ to do certain works to receive the award.

“Some people approached me... I was told to do certain things to get the prize. I refused to get drawn into these politics.”

Only recently, Sri Sri was at the centre of another controversy over his foundation’s World Culture Festival on the banks of Yamuna in March. The foundation faced the environment ministry’s ire for hosting the event at the ecologically fragile flood banks of the river. The Art of Living was ultimately allowed to conduct the event, but was fined Rs 5 crore.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ays-sri-sri/story-nRuYNnLfNzVEzdjuHPpmXJ.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Sri Sri is right that nobel is a political prize, but wrong and bitter when he says Malala hasn't done anything.

Sri Sri is right that nobel is a political prize, but wrong and bitter when he says Malala hasn't done anything.

And of course none of these awards are political, nope none at all.

Padma Vibhushan, India's Second Highest Civilian Award, January 2016[58]
Peru's Highest Award, "Medalla de la Integracion en el Grado de Gran Oficial (Grand Officer)"[59]
Colombia's highest civilian award, "Orden de la Democracia Simon Bolivar"[60][61]
Gandhi, King, Ikeda Community Builders Prize[62]
Highest civilian award 'National Order of Merito de Comuneros, Paraguay, 13 September 2012[63][64]
Illustrious citizen by the Paraguayan Municipality, 12 September 2012[65]
Illustrious guest of the city of Asuncion, Paraguay, 12 September 2012[65]
Tiradentes Medal, the highest honour from Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil, 3 September 2012[66]
The Sivananda World Peace award, Sivananda Foundation, South Africa, 26 August 2012[67]
Crans Montana Forum Award, Brussels, 24 June 2011[68][69]
Culture in Balance Award, World Culture Forum, Dresden Germany, 10 October 2009[70]
Phoenix Award, Atlanta, USA, 2008[71]
Honorary Citizenship and Goodwill Ambassador, Houston, USA, 2008[71]
Proclamation of Commendation, New Jersey, USA 2008[72]
Sant Shri Dnyaneshwara World Peace Prize, Pune, India, 11 January 2007[73]
Order of the Pole Star, Mongolia, 2006[74]
Bharat Shiromani Award, New Delhi, India, 2005[75]
Doctorate – Universidad Autónoma de Asunción of Paraguay,[63] Buenos Aires University, Argentina; Siglo XXI University Campus, Cordoba, Argentina; Nyenrode University,[76] Netherlands; Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur;[77] Kuvempu University, India

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravi_Shankar_(spiritual_leader)#Awards_and_recognition

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume one good thing coming out of all this retardness of Sri Sri is that Malala will find more acceptance by Pakistanis now!

That is what i thought as well. Suddenly all the Pakistanis will get behind her. Good stuff.

Sri Sri is slightly less worse than most Indian spiritual gurus so i don't him as much. He is spot on about noble being a political tool though at the same time as pointed out by my sardar friend comes across as a big hypocrite for having accepted similar recognitions.

Firm believer of "to each his own" if somebody wants to pray to a certain deity, entity or individual then sanu key?

An interesting piece from Al-Jazeera.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yMNqCV3B4EU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

not surprising considering they also worship cricketers..

If millions are allowed to worship an imaginary friend in the sky then why not let them worship so called 'god men' - it's their choice.

Indeed, there is no reasonable argument that one is better than the other.

if 5 billion people can be systemically brainwashed in to fooling themselves to be associated with some form of man made, hocus pocus, prehistoric, illogical organized religion then this is entirely possible.

In the modern world, many dictators and their families hang on to power using religion as the justification.

It's illogical mentality...

A poster above tried to equate this with religion, obviously he has an anti-religion agenda but religion(Islam) tells you to use logic,observation, not to follow anything blindly.

Logic tells you that there is a heaven and hell? Or is it belief in a book?

Last edited:
I haven't read the thread but worshiping an ordinary man is n different to worshiping a "God", i.e, there is no proof that this person is a higher being, it is simply based on the persons beliefs and sometimes fear

To each his own I generally don’t get into such debates as there is no way someone can change my mindset and I can change the others beliefs.. But if someone wants to worship some Baba or maulvi or whatever then so be it.. It’s their life..

To each his own I generally don’t get into such debates as there is no way someone can change my mindset and I can change the others beliefs.. But if someone wants to worship some Baba or maulvi or whatever then so be it.. It’s their life..

I like how you try to come across as balanced by adding in a maulvi. But FYI, no one worships a maulvi.

It is the intellectual and spiritual vacuum among the hindus which is pushing them towards these babas. As if the attack from the trojan hindus ( so called convent educated chameleons with hindu names who say RIP when someone dies) was not enough, we hindus have to deal with these fake babas who are exploiting our lack of leadership.

I like how you try to come across as balanced by adding in a maulvi. But FYI, no one worships a maulvi.

Depends on what you consider worshipping blindly following an advice of any maulvi or going To any maulvi for every small little things without using their own brains.. I would consider that as a form of worshipping.. Worshipping doesn’t always have to be laying down at someone’s feet..

Depends on what you consider worshipping blindly following an advice of any maulvi or going To any maulvi for every small little things without using their own brains.. I would consider that as a form of worshipping.. Worshipping doesn’t always have to be laying down at someone’s feet..

Worshiping a maulvi would be deemed shirkh in Islam. A lot of people follow or seek advice from certain individuals religious or non-religious doubt I'd classify it as worship which is completely different. I don't know if Indians worship their spiritual leaders thought it was animals and various dieties

Worshiping a maulvi would be deemed shirkh in Islam. A lot of people follow or seek advice from certain individuals religious or non-religious doubt I'd classify it as worship which is completely different. I don't know if Indians worship their spiritual leaders thought it was animals and various dieties

Fair enough.. So what is the definition of worship as per you? A lot of Indians do go over the top with these baba’s and give them status of God which I wouldn’t personally do but their life so can’t say it’s wrong..

Fair enough.. So what is the definition of worship as per you? A lot of Indians do go over the top with these baba’s and give them status of God which I wouldn’t personally do but their life so can’t say it’s wrong..

I'd say like praying towards a god or deity depending on the persons beliefs. But I know salafist and wahabi extremist tend to blow up shrines of peer baba's because they deem them visiting spiritual figures 'grave worship' or just seeking their assistance as 'worship' they have a similar view if people visit the prophet's grave. But I've never seen them getting advice from a spiritual figure or visiting their grave as worship, from a muslim's POV it is praying 5 times a day to god. With Indians it could be a bit different though but am pretty sure their deities are higher then the pundips whom they worship more, but I see what you mean when people blindly take advice don't agree with that but I don't see that as worship. We've seen people in every day relationships where they blindly listen to x or y or z even though it makes zero sense if you know what I mean. I agree with you, there are many matters where people need to just use their brain. Other times there is no harm in potentially repairing a relationship through a mediator or seeking spiritual guidance with regards to various beliefs or your way of life a lot of people tend to find a great deal of inner peace that way.

It's not just India. You have faiths like Mormonism coming out of the Us which people practice to this day and if you read some of the history by the.initial founder Joseph Smith one has to ask what were people thinking when they decided to blindly follow him based on his revelations.

It's not just India. You have faiths like Mormonism coming out of the Us which people practice to this day and if you read some of the history by the.initial founder Joseph Smith one has to ask what were people thinking when they decided to blindly follow him based on his revelations.

Well that was nearly 200 years ago.

What I am going to say might get me in trouble but I believe a man should be able to express his opinion (at least behind semi-anonymity of Internet)...

I hate the way some members of family follow certain Molvis / Sheikhs / Pirs etc. Now don't get me wrong these people might be very Bargazeeda (benevolent/blessed/good people) or NOT. We don't know these people personally and we don't knows whether they are wearing a facade or whether they are for real.

Anyways I had a very strong argument with a close family member once regarding the matter. This person was asking for money on TV with account number on TV and I smelled foul play there.

My 2 cents.

Here in Spain there is a guy from Senegal. Who charges 50 euros per session and he's making so much money that you can see his ad in Barcelona's biggest newspaper. Moreover, he's got people employed who hand pamphlets of his services at Metro exits.

Then there is this gypsy guy alias "Sandro" :facepalm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuPcEr2RhTI He's making thousands of Euros per month as well. La Sexta (the TV channel from video) is one of the nation's major TV. The call from above video is a prank call where the caller "Miss Lobato" is asking him "Pagame la coca" (pay me cocaine money :yk ) right after they cut her.

To conclude, this is a global phenomenon where sociopath individuals prey on emotionally damaged individuals.

If I ever find myself without job / no money: Imma grow my hair / beard and might earn living like these people as well :yk

What I am going to say might get me in trouble but I believe a man should be able to express his opinion (at least behind semi-anonymity of Internet)...

I hate the way some members of family follow certain Molvis / Sheikhs / Pirs etc. Now don't get me wrong these people might be very Bargazeeda (benevolent/blessed/good people) or NOT. We don't know these people personally and we don't knows whether they are wearing a facade or whether they are for real.

Anyways I had a very strong argument with a close family member once regarding the matter. This person was asking for money on TV with account number on TV and I smelled foul play there.

My 2 cents.

Here in Spain there is a guy from Senegal. Who charges 50 euros per session and he's making so much money that you can see his ad in Barcelona's biggest newspaper. Moreover, he's got people employed who hand pamphlets of his services at Metro exits.

Then there is this gypsy guy alias "Sandro" :facepalm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuPcEr2RhTI He's making thousands of Euros per month as well. La Sexta (the TV channel from video) is one of the nation's major TV. The call from above video is a prank call where the caller "Miss Lobato" is asking him "Pagame la coca" (pay me cocaine money :yk ) right after they cut her.

To conclude, this is a global phenomenon where sociopath individuals prey on emotionally damaged individuals.

If I ever find myself without job / no money: Imma grow my hair / beard and might earn living like these people as well :yk

I think while we might not like this kind of venture as it is taking advantage of people's hardships or desires, at the same time we have to accept it is a form of capitalism which has made the world a fabulous place.

Topically as well, we should remind ourselves that the ancient Hindus recognised the value of capital and that is why they pay tribute to the god of wealth Lakshmi.

A slight correction to the above post, it should read Goddess of wealth Lakshmi, not God. My apologies.

These religious gurus are ground zero of money laundering in India. The common man doesn't get it, but religion and politics thrive on a symbiotic relationship in India.

There is a reason why gurus have mushroomed over the last two decades - lot of corrupt money has come into the system, an undesired output from India's uncontrolled/unregulated growth over the last 20 years. Nothing protects corrupt money like religion as the subject is too emotive ....

However, there are some traditional mutts that have been around for hundreds of years (read - the big "4" mutts). Although you may not agree with their worldly views, the selection process is extremely stringent and those who end up heading it usually have very high personal integrity.

I'd say like praying towards a god or deity depending on the persons beliefs. But I know salafist and wahabi extremist tend to blow up shrines of peer baba's because they deem them visiting spiritual figures 'grave worship' or just seeking their assistance as 'worship' they have a similar view if people visit the prophet's grave. But I've never seen them getting advice from a spiritual figure or visiting their grave as worship, from a muslim's POV it is praying 5 times a day to god. With Indians it could be a bit different though but am pretty sure their deities are higher then the pundips whom they worship more, but I see what you mean when people blindly take advice don't agree with that but I don't see that as worship. We've seen people in every day relationships where they blindly listen to x or y or z even though it makes zero sense if you know what I mean. I agree with you, there are many matters where people need to just use their brain. Other times there is no harm in potentially repairing a relationship through a mediator or seeking spiritual guidance with regards to various beliefs or your way of life a lot of people tend to find a great deal of inner peace that way.

True but I have seen Muslims here go to darghas or shrines of saints and it seems like they are worshipping them but maybe they are just paying respect I wouldn’t know the difference as I pay respect the same way and still people would say it’s worshipping since I am a Hindu(stereotyped)..

I feel some sort of peace when I visit any place of worship there is something in there which brings peace.. Maybe paychological maybe divine but it helps bring calmness.. Anyways I don’t like to talk much about these topics as you never know what can hurt someone so best leave it here.

Lack of education, and hundred years of brainwashing culture..

True but I have seen Muslims here go to darghas or shrines of saints and it seems like they are worshipping them but maybe they are just paying respect I wouldn’t know the difference as I pay respect the same way and still people would say it’s worshipping since I am a Hindu(stereotyped)..

I feel some sort of peace when I visit any place of worship there is something in there which brings peace.. Maybe paychological maybe divine but it helps bring calmness.. Anyways I don’t like to talk much about these topics as you never know what can hurt someone so best leave it here.

I wouldn't call it worship because they pray towards God, those guys are like spiritual guiders. However, it tends to rub a lot of salafists especially the wrong way. Yeah I wouldn't call you paying your respects or visiting those saints worship tbh.

True, I feel the same way when I pray on Friday's at times especially in the mosque. All places of worship seem to inspire that calmness you speak off, I feel it even when I pass a church and especially when I stare at my Undertaker poster brings out all those emotions at once:

latest

[MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION]

In this age I dont think any human would consider another human a God and worship him/her.

This does happen quite a lot and there have been few people over the years who have made lots of money calling themselves the messengers of god.

India is the only place which has like a god making technology. People can worship trees, people and anything. Thats the beauty of the country as exclusivity isnt practised.

Such concepts is perhaps alien to abrahamic religions as they can only one way to reach god.

India is the only place which has like a god making technology. People can worship trees, people and anything. Thats the beauty of the country as exclusivity isnt practised.

Such concepts is perhaps alien to abrahamic religions as they can only one way to reach god.

Abrahamic faiths can surely be beautiful in themselves, and I am sure Hinduism being all inclusive in nature would recognise that. To take a narrow viewpoint of Abrahamic religions seems contradictory to me. Even Abrahamic texts like the Quran make mention of the unseen, and God being the final judge, so to say there is only one way to reach God is (maybe) a view only for people of limited insight. A Hindu should be able to rise above this I feel, unless perhaps if you are a low born and unable.

In this age I dont think any human would consider another human a God and worship him/her.

Would think the same about religion and fairytales but see that's not how it works,even people living in North America are religious.

Fear and lack of proper education ,something that would encourage one to think are a couple of causes for this, people are are poor and education is off low quality in many villages ,also parental and societal pressure leads to these kind of stupidity,hopefully someday it will be better.

Another one bites the dust.

Asaram Bapu: Who is the Indian spiritual guru convicted of rape and how large is his following?

Teacher of meditation and yoga a highly influential but controversial figure

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...lowing-spiritual-leader-ashrams-a8321246.html

OPINION | Asaram's Downfall Began 10 Years Ago With a Probe by CM Narendra Modi in Gujarat
Such was Asaram's hubris that in 2012 he warned the Narendra Modi government in Gujarat not to mess with him, unaware that he had already scripted his downfall.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....e-by-cm-narendra-modi-in-gujarat-1730295.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZCMFSkbom4A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is a fake baba in every corner of Pakistan too, have you not heard of Pirs? This is an educational issue not an issue specific to one country. if the people are uneducated then they are easily mislead

Another one busted......

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">About 88 kg of undeclared gold jewellery, valued at Rs 26 crore, diamonds amount to 1,271 carats worth about Rs 5 crore, has also been seized from Kalki Bhagwan’s ashrams.<br>(By <a href="https://twitter.com/Akshayanath?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Akshayanath</a>)<a href="https://t.co/Yd4pnXj5qR">https://t.co/Yd4pnXj5qR</a></p>— India Today (@IndiaToday) <a href="https://twitter.com/IndiaToday/status/1185391956752392192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kalki-bhagwan.jpg

while it is fun to point and laugh at indians worshipping ordinary preachers. I will say that the people are doing the same at data darbar and at all these sufi shrines. The pirs are subject to worship including our foreign minister SMQ.

This is heresy of the highest order and blasphemy law should be implemented,( instead of than be a tool to attack minorities) and each and every shrine be destroyed, and each and every person that calls himself a Pir, be punished.

while it is fun to point and laugh at indians worshipping ordinary preachers. I will say that the people are doing the same at data darbar and at all these sufi shrines. The pirs are subject to worship including our foreign minister SMQ.

This is heresy of the highest order and blasphemy law should be implemented,( instead of than be a tool to attack minorities) and each and every shrine be destroyed, and each and every person that calls himself a Pir, be punished.

And who decides what is heresy and what isn't? One man's orthodoxy is another's heresy. If we went back to the early 600s then most Meccans thought the prophet of Islam was a heretic. If we went back to the 15th and 16th century then many people considered the Sikh Gurus are heretics.

So who decides?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhHg8cgY7uU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv59SucefNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfcYM_pLP4E

CHeck out this guy Nithyananda. He's hillarious. He claims to be from outerspace and his species is under the surface of the Earth and he belongs to a bunch of alien holy people. He also claims the Earth is hollow and there are 'layers of hollowness'.

He also said he has decided to live to 200 years ago, his previous plan was 120 years. He knows how to walk on water, can explain the aerodynamics of a plane and how to make humans fly.

He has a cult like following and for some reason there a bunch of white people there too, non Indians.

Came here to say this. Our Foreign Minister is a fake pir who sits cross-legged with an obnoxious turban on his head, collecting money from his serfs.

This is an Indian subcontinent issue. Pakistan and India have a deep history of mystics who have made some significant contributions, but this tradition is also brutally exploited and abused by fakes like Shah Mehmood Qureshi.

Came here to say this. Our Foreign Minister is a fake pir who sits cross-legged with an obnoxious turban on his head, collecting money from his serfs.

This is an Indian subcontinent issue. Pakistan and India have a deep history of mystics who have made some significant contributions, but this tradition is also brutally exploited and abused by fakes like Shah Mehmood Qureshi.

You can say the same about Middle East too. Just look at the 3 big Abrahamic beliefs. All of them started as some God men preaching with a few hundred followers.

And who decides what is heresy and what isn't? One man's orthodoxy is another's heresy. If we went back to the early 600s then most Meccans thought the prophet of Islam was a heretic. If we went back to the 15th and 16th century then many people considered the Sikh Gurus are heretics.

So who decides?

qualified people of good repute who have studied religious law in the the finest institutions in the world.

Actual scholars. The problem is, at least in the islamic world, the process of producing scholars of good repute stopped after the mongol invasions. 800 years ago.

This is a matter of faith, whoever is making fun of someone believing in "Babas" is a hypocrite. Everyone is free to live their lives the way they want, if someone wants to trust and worship Godmen who are you to decide if it is wrong or right?

People here are quick to judge others. Live and let live.

People who believe in babas regardless of their religion really need a reality check. It shocks me to see people who claim to be educated going to peers and babas. I mean, what the hell is wrong with these people? Brainwashed and following the crowd like cattle. What a sad life these individuals live.

This is a matter of faith, whoever is making fun of someone believing in "Babas" is a hypocrite. Everyone is free to live their lives the way they want, if someone wants to trust and worship Godmen who are you to decide if it is wrong or right?

People here are quick to judge others. Live and let live.

Believing in pirs is fine and it has a rich history in our culture, but believing in fake pirs who scam individuals and molest females and young children is not.

Another one busted......

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">About 88 kg of undeclared gold jewellery, valued at Rs 26 crore, diamonds amount to 1,271 carats worth about Rs 5 crore, has also been seized from Kalki Bhagwan’s ashrams.<br>(By <a href="https://twitter.com/Akshayanath?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Akshayanath</a>)<a href="https://t.co/Yd4pnXj5qR">https://t.co/Yd4pnXj5qR</a></p>— India Today (@IndiaToday) <a href="https://twitter.com/IndiaToday/status/1185391956752392192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kalki-bhagwan.jpg

That's a lot of money :)))

Man all these Shamans, Piirs, "aalims", gurus, "reverends", "imaams", scientology guys etc etc. do know how to make some serious money. Plust they don't have to pay taxes :)))

So I visited the Indiatoday link posted above (hopefully my PC/mind ain't infected :yk)

Some details:

Apart from these irregularities, the I-T department found US currency of about $2.5 million dollars (approximately Rs 18 crore). "About 88 kg of undeclared gold jewellery, valued at Rs 26 crore, diamonds amount to 1,271 carats worth about Rs 5 crore, has also been seized. The undisclosed income of the group detected so far is estimated at more than Rs 500 crore," the I-T statement read.

Seventy-year-old Vijay Kumar is a self-styled godman who claimed himself to be the 10th avatar of Vishnu-Kalki in the early 1990s.

The institution - Jeevashram - was started in the mid-1980s by Vijay Kumar, who was a former clerk in Life Insurance Corporation, to provide an "alternative education system to his disciples".

So my man Vijay Kumar was a clerk in an insurance company fighting for commission money; that is, until his Eureka moment came and he decided to become an entrepreneur and give a platform to like minded people :yk

Are VK and the Kalki Bhagwan guy same person?

Believing in pirs is fine and it has a rich history in our culture, but believing in fake pirs who scam individuals and molest females and young children is not.

Anyone who commits a crime should be punished as per law. No one is above law and if someone tries to obstruct police inquiry/judicial process because of their faith, then they have to be dealt with as well.

People who believe in babas regardless of their religion really need a reality check. It shocks me to see people who claim to be educated going to peers and babas. I mean, what the hell is wrong with these people? Brainwashed and following the crowd like cattle. What a sad life these individuals live.

Quick question, are you an atheist?

Watch the guys link I sent. I'm not sure how stupid someone has to be to believe him.

You are talking about 1 baba? That too someone who looks to be scamming people. Poster I quoted was generalizing everyone in same bracket, huge difference.

Btw, I do agree with you, I don't believe in Baba and all myself, however, I do not consider people who have faith in these babas as stupid. It's their life they can believe what they want. Its a matter of faith, same as the case with religion.

You are talking about 1 baba? That too someone who looks to be scamming people. Poster I quoted was generalizing everyone in same bracket, huge difference.

Btw, I do agree with you, I don't believe in Baba and all myself, however, I do not consider people who have faith in these babas as stupid. It's their life they can believe what they want. Its a matter of faith, same as the case with religion.

Yeah of course they have the right to believe in them. I was just pointing to this guy in particular. I found him on a facebook meme page. He single handedly in one senetence disproved scientific fact and taught us how to walk on water and fly using castor oil and the circuit that is the chemistry of our biology and physics of the plane.

This guy is trying to woo people by showing he knows science and that he is modern. Only the people that failed science in school probably believe him. He also has the ability to change how long he wants to live.

There are many fake gurus in India who claim to be the reincarnation of Avatars of God. If these guys had any magical/mysterious powers, they would solve all the world problems by just blessing with their hand.

Stupid people. Especially the old Aunties who form the bulk of these baba followers.

Atheism has nothing to do with this. Whether I am or not does not make a difference in the fact that people worshiping babas is beyond stupid.

It's your opinion not a fact. You are free to have your opinion but it doesn't make it a fact.

If I become a baba will you worship me?

It will be my choice what I chose to do in my life. Maybe I will, maybe I wont. I am not hurting you or anyone else, not breaking any law, why do you care? You on the other hand are calling people names, demeaning their faith.

As a human I know which kind of people I would want in society and which one are corrupting society by their thoughts.

Why can't you live your own life and let people live their?

When people make jokes about particular religion and calls them.names then you all get angry, aren't you doing the same?

Back