Misbah-ul-Haq Haters Report! | And Eat Some Humble Pie While You Are Here!

Which camp do you fall in?

• 1) I dislike Misbah and always will.

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • 2) I previously disliked Misbah and now, I know I was wrong.

Votes: 49 25.4%
  • 3) I always knew Misbah was the man.

Votes: 123 63.7%

• Total voters
Do you really think so ??
ok lets analyze. When Misbah came to creze pakistan needed 158 run from 26 ours. Misbah played with strike rate of 50 till 41st over.
lets say another batsman was yk and suppose he also didnt get ourt and played with same rate.
so by the end of 41th over pakistan would need 107 run from 9 over with 7 wicket in hand?

You think team will win in this situation on that pitch????

brother, you haven't read my post correctly at all. I mentioned 3 batsman, but not younis khan, yet you mention younis khan. :facepalm:

The fact is, in the end we fell 20 odd runs short and if you take into account the number of deliveries wasted by tailenders. those balls could have been used up at a higher strike rate by proper batsman.

There's no doubt that his average has been impressive since his comeback and the fact that he's been our best player in the longer format of the game since the tour of UAE v South Africa.

However he needs to deliver when it's most needed - for instance when the RR needs to increase to match the opponents RR then he needs to stop ignoring it and just change his approach to more aggressive.

Otherwise I have no problems with him, even though he isn't a gorgeous batsman, but sometimes you just have to play ugly to perform well individually, I guess.

you're probably one of the racist fan i've seen here. You always support Punjab based players. If it was Fawad Alam who would have done that, you would have been calling each and every PPer, sending him a personal msg to kick fawad alam out. I remember you used to make fun of fawad alam's name until Mods came in and stopped you.

I've never ever seen you support any player who's not from Punjab. Misbah played a crap innings in Semis and yet you're still supporting him.

i have noticed even some mods are racist

^^ TalhaSyed fair point. You know me very well and experienced forummers who have been here for a while. I've never supported player based on regional affiliation. Credit due where it's. Misbah and Younis were favorite players but not anymore. You cant compare a measly 50 with what he did against India in once in a lifetime game.

Exactly mate :)
Il be honest I can honestly say the only thing I know about region is that afridi is from Karachi :p ...apart from that I can honestly say i don't know where any of the other players are from all I know is that they are from Pakistan

I still hate Misbah because this man didn't perform where he was supposed to perform i.e. WC (India vs. Pak). Chasing a low score is not something to cherish about. Strike rate of 81 big deal? Misbah is a dumbass, straight up. 222 is a target even Pak under-19 would've chased. He is not a match winner. People will remember him for the loss of the WC semi-final and not for anything else.

against a second string windies attacking while chasing a low total.

HE FAILED WHEN IT MATTERED MOST!

He failed on the biggest stage... and you are acting like all the misbah haters are wrong! which is utterly pathetic.

What if next match he gets out on 0? What will be your response??

so when ever Misbah will perform, his innings would not be applaud.

Then what about Umar Gul, who did worse then Misbah.....

WLFC, that's a disgraceful post. If what you said about him true then your nothing better as your also viewing players by regeion.

I'm showing him that there're people who're noticing his posts. People exist here who dont forget about past. I remember how he used to mock Fawad when he played better innings than Misbah's semi. I didnt say anything then. Probably nobody did. They all listened his idiotic rants of that time.

LowKeyP's response is also indicative of the fact that people here tend to support regional based players. I'm not supporting anyone of them based on their regions because I'm very much pro Pakistani. Credit due where it is. My post history also indicates I appreciated Misbah and Younis and probably every player who played well in the past going up to World cup but the sucking innings Misbah played, he doesnt deserve an appreciation thread based on measly 50 against West Indies from a really insignificant game that holds no comparison to a Semi Final (once in a lifetime game). Thats why I replied to OP in such a manner.

Last edited:
I still hate Misbah because this man didn't perform where he was supposed to perform i.e. WC (India vs. Pak). Chasing a low score is not something to cherish about. Strike rate of 81 big deal? Misbah is a dumbass, straight up. 222 is a target even Pak under-19 would've chased. He is not a match winner. People will remember him for the loss of the WC semi-final and not for anything else.

then why dint Ahmed Shezad score more then 22 runs.

It was an easy target ay...........

Good knock today, but the scars from the Mohali innings will be remembered for a long time. :(

Like it or not he has been our best batsman in ALL formats for the last 6 months by a country mile. In that time he averaged near enough 45.

Misbah got alot of unnecessary slack but I had no problem with his innings in the semi-final, he was the lone warrior and I couldn't have asked more from him.

People need to realise a class batsman and show some respect to only finisher we have in our team.

Im gona go as far as saying, Barring India he could make to any country's playing 11 especially in limited over cricket.

I have no problem with your post except the bolded part. You gotta realize he put too much pressure on the other batsmen trying to play the way he was playing.

His conomy was reaching 9. And he continued on to bowl 8 overs.

He didnt chose to continue 8 overs, he was asked to do so I guess.

see you dont get the point.
When a bowler goes for run its cost to team but still captain can always chose not to bowl him any more. Some one else can fill his shoe.

When a batsman gets out without making much run, it cost to team but still there is hope that others can fill in the gaps and make run.

But when a batsman eats all the balls then there is nothing others can do.In that case batsman single handled lost the match.Thats what Misbah did.

try comparing it with the famous slow inning of Gavaskar, then may be you can get it

Great innings.. a well played match by Pakistan. Sometimes I dont get pakistanis at all.. if we win, then they still bash.. if we loose, then they still bash. You guys dont deserve anything.

Like it or not he has been our best batsman in ALL formats for the last 6 months by a country mile. In that time he averaged near enough 45.

Misbah got alot of unnecessary slack but I had no problem with his innings in the semi-final, he was the lone warrior and I couldn't have asked more from him.

People need to realise a class batsman and show some respect to only finisher we have in our team.

Im gona go as far as saying, Barring India he could make to any country's playing 11 especially in limited over cricket.

Top post. Past legends of cricket will also agree with your views here i.e. Aamir Sohail and Imran Khan. I completely agree too.

It's never the players I hate, it's the silly, hero worshipping, adolescent, numpty fan types that make me cringe!!

he can average 50 for the rest of his career but he lost us the semi final, you cant change that, none of the slack he got was unnecessary

and your the one who needs to realize what class batsmen are, misbah is a decent, even good batsmen, but hes not class, yousuf was class, inzamam was class, saeed was class........not misbah

Indians will love it whenever they see Misbah in the Pakistan team. Has he reached his 100 in Mohali yet? Did he take the catch?

He should have batted at 4 in WC too. The solid batter HAS to be in the top 4. Mohali could have been a different story had Afridi and the management utilised him properly. Prevents pressure building up in the first place. Helps him command the game forward from the front and make a bigger impact as a top class experienced batter.

Misbah did not loose the match in the semi final.. the whole team did. Dont blame him. He played according to the game plan given to him and had Umar akmal stayed on for a over or two it would have been a different story or had afridi taken the power play earlier.. or had razzaq not played like he did.. or had hafeez or kami played a bit longer.. the list can go on and on. In a nutshell, the TEAM lost the match NOT misbah.

Misbah never play good when it matters . eg t20 wc 2007 against india in both matches wc 2011 semifinal . vs south africa 2007 last odi etc . May be he cant take the pressure , he only score when other are scoring around him .keep him in test matches i got no problem

Misbah did not loose the match in the semi final.. the whole team did. Dont blame him. He played according to the game plan given to him and had Umar akmal stayed on for a over or two it would have been a different story or had afridi taken the power play earlier.. or had razzaq not played like he did.. or had hafeez or kami played a bit longer.. the list can go on and on. In a nutshell, the TEAM lost the match NOT misbah.

True, but the approach sucks. At a point even Indian fans started to shout that Misbah has fixed it. :amir

Kuch bhi nahin hai zindagi sukh dukh ki hai kahani.
Manzil ussay mili yahan jis ne naah apni haar maani.

Kuch bhi nahin hai zindagi sukh dukh ki hai kahani.
Manzil ussay mili yahan jis ne naah apni haar maani.

i just dont see the point of him being in LOI cticket.

he obv wont make the next world cup so whats the point..

and didnt he say last year that he willl retire at end of 2011?

or a super man had come who wud hit 50 run in last 2 over.
infact Misbah doesnt need to make any run. His responsibility is to go there eat 25 overs and make sure one end is safe.
people from other end will play rest of the 25 over and make the 260 or whatever is necessary to win.

True, but the approach sucks. At a point even Indian fans started to shout that Misbah has fixed it. :amir

Yes the approach was defensive and he should have rotated the strike a lot better, no doubt. but to put the blame solely on him is a crime.

V good Here I am Misbah foot work is as Ugly as tape ball player is trying to stop his first ball

Misbah may be a good batsman, but he is not a team man, he is a selfish cricketer and he has proved this on many occasions that Pakistan cricket fans shouldn't have any hopes with him, he can not finish the game and he has not won any match for Pakistan, specially while chasing.

I will not have him in limited over cricket, in test cricket his Tuk Tuk can work in middle order, but in ODIs and T20s he is not dependable.

or a super man had come who wud hit 50 run in last 2 over.
infact Misbah doesnt need to make any run. His responsibility is to go there eat 25 overs and make sure one end is safe.
people from other end will play rest of the 25 over and make the 260 or whatever is necessary to win.

Yeap.

i just dont see the point of him being in LOI cticket.

he obv wont make the next world cup so whats the point..

and didnt he say last year that he willl retire at end of 2011?

half of the team thats playing right now won't be able to make it to the World Cup.

RIght now no one is concetrating on the 2015 world cup, all peparations will be done at the final year.

well played Misbah *ONCE AGAIN*

ppl saying he doesn't perform when it matters...well i disagree. This win mattered and he played a key role in it.

Misbah may be a good batsman, but he is not a team man, he is a selfish cricketer and he has proved this on many occasions that Pakistan cricket fans shouldn't have any hopes with him, he can not finish the game and he has not won any match for Pakistan, specially while chasing.

I will not have him in limited over cricket, in test cricket his Tuk Tuk can work in middle order, but in ODIs and T20s he is not dependable.

How old are you and how long have you watched cricket for? Tuk tuk is exactly what is required in ODI cricket. 50 overs is a LOT... A LOT. You need certain players who can play 50 overs.. not sloggers that last 2 overs and score 30 runs and get out. He won you the match today so your point is thrown out the window. Selfish cricketer..learn the game of cricket first child!

Exactly, he is not team person. very selfish player.

and I thought in semifinal either he lost the match because he got very large sum of money or he was trying to undermine the Afridi captaincy.
Because if pakistan had reached to final, Misbah cant replace Afridi in ODI as captain

well played Misbah *ONCE AGAIN*

ppl saying he doesn't perform when it matters...well i disagree. This win mattered and he played a key role in it.

He failed in the SF. A one day series match against the lowly ranked Windies trumps that? No. It doesn't. Misbah is a bottler.

How old are you and how long have you watched cricket for? Tuk tuk is exactly what is required in ODI cricket. 50 overs is a LOT... A LOT. You need certain players who can play 50 overs.. not sloggers that last 2 overs and score 30 runs and get out. He won you the match today so your point is thrown out the window. Selfish cricketer..learn the game of cricket first child!

oh yes, 50 overs are enough to score 260 runs ! I think you've not watched the transaction of game from 200 in 50 overs to 400+ runs in 50 overs !! do you've any clue how ODIs are played now? in a time when even 300 is not even a defendable score, you're saying that a TUK TUK is all what we need?

if your comments are to be believed that batsman like Hayden, Dhoni, Mahela Jayawedene, Kumar Sangakkara, Yuraj Singh, Hashim Amla, Kallis, McCullam are idiots?

If he was a selfish cricketer, he would had not been the highest Pakistani scorer in the WC, and would haave had atleast a single century to his name.

if you think 50 over is lot in ODI, then pak should just play 25 over and chase the target.

when you grow up, you will understand that you need to make run not block to win the match. and there is something called making risk free run which exist between slogging and blocking. which others team like indian., srilanka, australia do in alsmost every match

If he was a selfish cricketer, he would had not been the highest Pakistani scorer in the WC, and would haave had atleast a single century to his name.

he would've scored it if it was 100 overs game !!!!
how many matches did he won for us? any single handed match winning performance by him?
even Kamran Akmal has won a few matches for us, but Misbah has never !

and I thought in semifinal either he lost the match because he got very large sum of money or he was trying to undermine the Afridi captaincy.
Typical Pakistani response. We lost the match because it was fixed/our players deliberately under-performed. Couldn't possibly be because India bowled and fielded better than us.

Typical Pakistani response. We lost the match because it was fixed/our players deliberately under-performed. Couldn't possibly be because India bowled and fielded better than us.

India didn't win because they played better than us, we lost because we played even more worst than Indians.

oh yes, 50 overs are enough to score 260 runs ! I think you've not watched the transaction of game from 200 in 50 overs to 400+ runs in 50 overs !! do you've any clue how ODIs are played now? in a time when even 300 is not even a defendable score, you're saying that a TUK TUK is all what we need?

if your comments are to be believed that batsman like Hayden, Dhoni, Mahela Jayawedene, Kumar Sangakkara, Yuraj Singh, Hashim Amla, Kallis, McCullam are idiots?

But who were the cause of Indias score going up to 260??? Gul, Younis, Kamran, Umar Akmal

he would've scored it if it was 100 overs game !!!!
how many matches did he won for us? any single handed match winning performance by him?
even Kamran Akmal has won a few matches for us, but Misbah has never !

then who the hell won thee match for us today?????/

what?????? how do you get to that conclusion....just because hes a selfish cricketer doesn't mean hes a great cricketer.....

Misbah did not do a lot of tuk tuk today, which was good. However, it still does not change my opinion of him. He is a good player when chasing low totals like today, when it comes to pressure games he fails. The only match winning chasing knock i can remember is his innings against the newzealand.

Even me not liking him doesn't change the fact that he is the one has been scoring consistently for Pak over the last 6 months or so. His average is great, he just needs to now show us that his high average scores are in Pak wins and not losses.

i'm honestly not getting this made up term called Selfish Player???????

Selfish Player is someone who would Hogg the strike.

But who were the cause of Indias score going up to 260??? Gul, Younis, Kamran, Umar Akmal

yeah, they are guilty too. What they did was recoverable, but what Misbah did was not recoverable. He made sure no one can win that match.

you should be grateful that India made only 260, after what they had in first 10 over

He needs to go.

I am tired of him performing in meaningless games and then bottling it when it matters.

He simply cannot handle pressure. He needs to go.

He needs to go.

I am tired of him performing in meaningless games and then bottling it when it matters.

He simply cannot handle pressure. He needs to go.

So your syaing this series West Indies series is meanlesss?

So if this series is meanless then why do you guys get angry when we loss a game, as it is a meanless series.,

Awful threads and poor discussion taking place today, so many threads on Misbah that it feels like the man has committed the biggest sin in the history of mankind today. People need to get a grip and appreciate the win instead of clinging to the past.

did he won single handedly?
Hafeez scored half century, Asad Shafiq scored half century ....
so, today was a team effort, not a single handed effort !!!

and funny thing is when target is 220 he plays with strike rate of 80 and when target is 260, he plays with strike rate of 30

Awful threads and poor discussion taking place today, so many threads on Misbah that it feels like the man has committed the biggest sin in the history of mankind today. People need to get a grip and appreciate the win instead of clinging to the past.

you are right, after gavasker 36 run inning in 60 overs, that was biggest sin in history of cricket

this situation was tailor made for him to perform ... no pressure... he can take his time ...

he cant adjust his game according to situation ... thats the biggest problem

So Misbah contributed in the win RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTT...

Godddd some people.........
yeah he contributed today, but I would rather like pakistan to win that world cup semi final than this match.
may be you rate this match against WI higher than WC semi final against India

yeah he contributed today, but I would rather like pakistan to win that world cup semi final than this match.
may be you rate this match against WI higher than WC semi final against India

Dude that match is now history now, you guys are blaming this one guy for that game, but what about Umar Akmal who was also part of that loss.

Dude that match is now history now, you guys are blaming this one guy for that game, but what about Umar Akmal who was also part of that loss.

you cant blame umar akmal, are u kidding me??
Though I am not big fan of Umar and I dont even like his attitude.
But in semi final he was not left with any choice. Misbah wasnt making any run, so he had to go for shot at every ball

you are right, after gavasker 36 run inning in 60 overs, that was biggest sin in history of cricket

I didn't know Saturday was kids day at PP, sorry for interrupting your fun I leave you alone to enjoy your time on this board.

you cant blame umar akmal, are u kidding me??
Though I am not big fan of Umar and I dont even like his attitude.
But in semi final he was not left with any choice. Misbah wasnt making any run, so he had to go for shot at every ball

see you already forgot about it.

Umar Akmal dropped Tendulkars catch.

Fail thread !

Biggest problem with Misbah is that he is an individualist, he is always playing his own mini-game when he is at the crease, often forgets about the team completely. If you had seen the match today, you would've noticed how he hogs the strike. Look at the scorecard, Asad had played 16 deliveries before Misbah walked into bat and ended up facing 14 more deliveries. It is fine when you have another stroke player at the other end or the target is small, but it will be an epic fail otherwise, as saw in WC semi-final.

And btw, he doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the T20 side, dont know how OP perceive him as our best T20 batsman.

then why dint Ahmed Shezad score more then 22 runs.

It was an easy target ay...........

Ahmed Shahzad didn't perform cuz he is a flop player. I don't know how he made the team. Pak lacks openers, I guess. I don't remember the last time him making over 50 runs. Btw, not all the players tend to score in every game. There are few players who score and in this case, shahzad was (is a consistent) low scorer. Man is struggling against WI. I dont know what to say really about his batting. Can't expect from him to make more than 30 runs againt top teams i.e. SA, IND, AUS, ENG.

and 222 is a very low score. Its a one sided game after a team makes this many runs.

Fail thread !

Biggest problem with Misbah is that he is an individualist, he is always playing his own mini-game when he is at the crease, often forgets about the team completely. If you had seen the match today, you would've noticed how he hogs the strike. Look at the scorecard, Asad had played 16 deliveries before Misbah walked into bat and ended up facing 14 more deliveries. It is fine when you have another stroke player at the other end or the target is small, but it will be an epic fail otherwise, as saw in WC semi-final.

And btw, he doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the T20 side, dont know how OP perceive him as our best T20 batsman.

lead us to the t20 final...............................

Its just stupid to say htat he was hoggin the strike. When a batsman hogs a spot, he would hit the ball away, but won't take a run......

I'm showing him that there're people who're noticing his posts. People exist here who dont forget about past. I remember how he used to mock Fawad when he played better innings than Misbah's semi. I didnt say anything then. Probably nobody did. They all listened his idiotic rants of that time.

LowKeyP's response is also indicative of the fact that people here tend to support regional based players. I'm not supporting anyone of them based on their regions because I'm very much pro Pakistani. Credit due where it is. My post history also indicates I appreciated Misbah and Younis and probably every player who played well in the past going up to World cup but the sucking innings Misbah played, he doesnt deserve an appreciation thread based on measly 50 against West Indies from a really insignificant game that holds no comparison to a Semi Final (once in a lifetime game). Thats why I replied to OP in such a manner.

i have had enough of you, like you mention people are watching my posts, and you are the one who is told off by moderators for your post earlier in this thread.
My dis-like for fawad has nothing to do from where he is from. you are the one who had a idiotic rant like proven by a number of posters on this thread.

And record speaks for itself, who replaced fawad in the middle order? Misbah and he is our best batsman since then.

I am a pakistani first then anything else.

Misbah led us to the final in 2007.

Today he turned down a few singles as well. It's clear to most people Misbah is playing a different game than that of the team.

Like I said, in Younis's absence he should be in the ODI squad lest we want our youngsters to be guided by Afridi. But the support for Misbah has been shocking, he's no Umar Gul where he had just one bad game in the WC. From the Australia game to the India SF he failed miserably.

In the SF all he had to do was play with some intent and we would've been happy, but he was just meekly blocking every ball like a coward. To what end? To finish with a fifty? One can only come to the conclusion he batted for his self there and not the team.

so when ever Misbah will perform, his innings would not be applaud.

Then what about Umar Gul, who did worse then Misbah.....

I'll give credit when due. But that doesn't change my opinion of him.

Umar Gul did do worse individually, but Misbah lost it for the whole team.

You could see the effort in Gul, but not in Misbah..

Back