Misbah-ul-Haq receives Pride of Performance award

Mamoon

ATG
Runs
Post of the Week
Huge honor and richly deserved :14:

The most honorable man in Pakistan cricket for over a decade.

This news will obviously not go down well with everyone.

:misbah

On Sunday March 23, 2014, 110 civil awards will be awarded to Pakistanis and foreign nationals, recognising their service to the country, including 35 pride of performance awards.

Among these, 39 will be awarded by President Mamnoon Hussain at his first ever investiture ceremony in Islamabad. Of these, five are being awarded to foreign nationals.

Governor of the Punjab will decorate 20 recipients on behalf of the President in Lahore, while Governor Sindh will decorate 12 recipients in Karachi at their respective governor houses.

The governor of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa will decorate nine recipients and governor of Balochistan will decorate five recipients at their respective governor houses.
The Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee will decorate 25 recipients of national civil awards at an investiture ceremony at the Joint Services Headquarters on March 24, 2014.

Pakistani heads of missions will be decorating three recipients, including a Pakistani expatriate, at their respective missions.

Among those being recognised are Ghulam Nabi for his work in the field of physics. He is being conferred the Nishan-i-Imtiaz (civil).

Others being recognised are Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf’s slain member Zahra Shahid Hussain, who is posthumously being awarded the Tamgha-e-Shujaat for gallantry.
A Sitara-i-Shujat is being bestowed upon Atizaz Hassan Bangash for tackling a suicide bomber before sacrificing himself to save his schoolmates. Samia Noreen, the school teacher who rescued children from a burning school van, is also being conferred a Sitara-i-Shujaat.

Malala Yousufzai too is being conferred a Sitara-i-Shujaat.

Human rights activist Syed Iqbal Haider is posthumously being awarded a Hilal-i-Imtiaz. Slain DIG Fayyaz Sumbal is being conferred the Hilal-i-Shujaat.

Slain journalist Wali Khan Babar, whose killer were recently sentenced, is posthumously being conferred the President’s pride of performance award.

Pakistan cricket team captain Misbah ul Haq is being awarded the pride of performance for services to cricket. He is joined by blind cricketer Zeeshan Abbasi among those who are being awarded the pride of performance badge.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/686105/...ahul-haq-among-110-recipients-of-civil-award/

For what?

Maybe its come to a state where no one is capable of doing anything good so they just think let's give it to Misbah,

Ajmal must be thinking ,,,,,,, yaar koi tu mujh award do !

Legend. Well appreciated deservingly. Although, I read it as President Mamoon :)))

For what?

Maybe its come to a state where no one is capable of doing anything good so they just think let's give it to Misbah,

Ajmal must be thinking ,,,,,,, yaar koi tu mujh award do !

For stabilizing Pakistan cricket after the disastrous events of 2010.

For stabilizing Pakistan cricket after the disastrous events of 2010.

But that was all done under the watch full eye of PCB so can't blame anyone else for that,

So basically they are awarding them selves for not getting involved in fixing or not getting caught :jf

But that was all done under the watch full eye of PCB so can't blame anyone else for that,

So basically they are awarding them selves for not getting involved in fixing or not getting caught :jf

Misbah as captain united the team.

Our team hasn't had any sort of controversy in his tenure. Isn't that appreciable?

Well deserved!

List of other Pakistani Cricketers and Officials who received Pride of Performance award.
  • Fazal Mehmood
  • Abdul Hafiz Kardar
  • Hanif Mohammad
  • Asif Iqbal
  • Imtiaz Ahmad
  • Mushtaq Muhammad
  • Saeed Ahmad
  • Imran Khan
  • Javed Miandad
  • Zaheer Abbas
  • Intikhab Alam
  • Abdul Qadir
  • Mudassar Nazar
  • Wasim Akram
  • Waqar Younis
  • Shahid Khan Afridi
  • Younus Khan
  • Mohammad Yousuf
  • Aleem Dar (Umpire)
  • Iftikhar Ahmed (Commentary)
  • Chishty Mujahid (Commentary)
  • Munir Hussain (Commentary)

Last edited:
Well deserved, truly worthy of attaining thus honour.

Btw, why on earth did Afridi win ?

Is Saeed Anwar or Saeed Ahmed?

It's Saeed Ahmad one of the best number 3 batsman for Pakistan who played in 60s and also captained Pakistan. His brother Younis Ahmed also played for Pakistan.

42602.html

Last edited:
Well done. A pure stabilizer and helped us through a very tough phase and still contributes alot. Amazing honor which will not sit well with his haters. :p

I am glad that we gave him some sort of recognition as we tend to blame him for alot of things. wonder how our media will react to this one? :p

Well deserved.I have immense respect for what he did for Pakistan cricket.Legend.:misbah

Miabah Ul haq to be awarded "pride of performance"

Just read his closest friend's status on Facebook that he is being awarded pride of performance.

Sent from my A900 using Tapatalk

Misbah to be awarded pride of performance national civil award on Pakistan Day

He keeps on winning hearts, keeps on performing, leading from the front. Finally some recognition for his great service to the country and Pakistan cricket team.

Today is 23rd March, Pakistan Resolution Day where national civil awards are awarded to exceptional people for their services to the country. Misbah Ul Haq is one of those 110 people today :)

Quote from the news report:
Pakistan cricket team captain Misbahul Haq is being awarded the pride of performance for services to cricket,

Full report:
On Sunday March 23, 2014, 110 civil awards will be awarded to Pakistanis and foreign nationals, recognising their service to the country, including 35 pride of performance awards.
Among these, 39 will be awarded by President Mamnoon Hussain at his first ever investiture ceremony in Islamabad. Of these, five are being awarded to foreign nationals.
Governor of the Punjab will decorate 20 recipients on behalf of the President in Lahore, while Governor Sindh will decorate 12 recipients in Karachi at their respective governor houses.
The governor of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa will decorate nine recipients, while governor of Balochistan will decorate five recipients at their respective governor houses.
The Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee will decorate 25 recipients of national civil awards at an investiture ceremony at the Joint Services Headquarters on March 24, 2014.
Pakistani heads of missions will be decorating three recipients, including a Pakistani expatriate, at their respective missions.
Among those being recognised are Ghulam Nabi for his work in the field of physics. He is being conferred the Nishan-i-Imtiaz (civil).
Others being recognised are Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf’s slain member Zahra Shahid Hussain, who is posthumously being awarded the Tamgha-e-Shujaat for gallantry.
A Sitara-i-Shujat is being bestowed upon Aitzaz Hassan Bangash for tackling a suicide bomber before sacrificing himself to save his schoolmates. Samia Noreen, the school teacher who rescued children from a burning school van, is also being conferred the Sitara-i-Shujaat.
Malala Yousufzai too is being conferred the Sitara-i-Shujaat.
Human rights activist Syed Iqbal Haider is posthumously being awarded a Hilal-i-Imtiaz. Slain DIG Fayyaz Sumbal is being conferred the Hilal-i-Shujaat.
Slain journalist Wali Khan Babar, whose killer were recently sentenced, is posthumously being conferred the President’s pride of performance award.
Pakistan cricket team captain Misbahul Haq is being awarded the pride of performance for services to cricket. He is joined by blind cricketer Zeeshan Abbasi among those who are being awarded the pride of performance badge.
Ali-e-Muhammadi Khorosani is being conferred the pride of performance award for literature.
Former Group Captain Cecil Chaudhry too is being recognised with a pride of performance award.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/686105/...ahul-haq-among-110-recipients-of-civil-award/

Haters gonna' hate :D

Well done Misbah truly deserve. Afridi and Younus also received this award 4 years ago.

W65L35 having a heart attack.

But on the topic, if there is one guy that deserves it, it's Misbah.

And glad to see his services being recognized by real people and not pubescent teens.

W65L35 having a heart attack.

But on the topic, if there is one guy that deserves it, it's Misbah.

And glad to see his services being recognized by real people and not pubescent teens.

Not really, he has a made a DVD copy of the event in 2010 when Afridi got the award.

Misbah-ul-Haq to be conferred with Pakistan Civil award

Teenage rights activist Malala Yousafzai and national cricket captain Misbah-ul-Haq, along with 103 others, would be conferred with Pakistan’s Civil Awards in recognition of services rendered to the nation.

President Mamnoon Hussain had approved 105 Civil Awards on August 14 last year and 10 more were approved as special cases.

He would confer the National Civil Awards on 39 individuals, including five foreigners, at the investiture ceremony to be held at Aiwan-e-Sadr, an official statement said.

Malala and slain Pakistani student Aitezaz Hassan will be awarded the Sitara-i-Shuja’at for gallantry.

The 16-year-old human rights crusader, who now lives in Britain following extensive medical treatment, was shot by a Taliban gunman in 2012 over her outspoken views on children’s education in her home region in northwest Pakistan.

Malala would be conferred the award in London by the Pakistan mission there. Pakistan cricket captain Misbah-ul-Haq will be recognised with the President’s Award for Pride of Performance for his services to sports.

Young television reporter Wali Khan Babar, who was shot dead in 2011, will be posthumously awarded the Pride of Performance award. The day began with a 31-gun salute in the federal capital and 21-gun salute in provincial capitals on occasion of Pakistan Day.

Pakistan Day is being celebrated all across the country to mark the passage of the Lahore Resolution that led to the creation of Pakistan.

The national flag was hoisted on important public and private buildings across the country and all Pakistani missions abroad. Incidentally, Jammat-ud-Dawah, also organised rallies across the country.

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/misbah-ul-haq-to-be-conferred-with-pakistan-civil-award-115656

Well done to a faithful and humble servant of the nation

Deserves it. Legendary batsman, humble personality and a true gentleman.

He's looking pretty rough there, must have been out all night celebrating

Well deserved Misbah.

Becoming the first Asian captain to win a ODI series in SA is worthy of this alone.

Re: Misbah to receive Pride of Performance award

Finally, some recognition.

Damn Misbah looks like he's been through the stress of a war zone...

Which I suppose is the equivalent of two Akmal careers.

Absolute rubbish posts deleted. Post quality for some posters needs to improve very soon.

BTW. Is this pride of Pakistan award also called nishan-e-pakistan? Pls can someone clarify?

BTW. Is this pride of Pakistan award also called nishan-e-pakistan? Pls can someone clarify?

No, they are different awards but do you see that haggard, weary, thousand yard blank stare on Misbah's face when you look at the photo Major posted?

That is also known as "Nishaan-e-Pakistani Captaincy" :misbah2

Man even when he does tuk-tuk I have a certain love for this guy. Congrats to him! Hope he does well in WC 2015.

Re: Misbah receives Pride of Performance award (Picture added Post 34)

No, they are different awards but do you see that haggard, weary, thousand yard blank stare on Misbah's face when you look at the photo Major posted?

That is also known as "Nishaan-e-Pakistani Captaincy" :misbah2

ROFL. Cracked me up!

He's a very strong character - I honestly don't think anyone else in our team handles pressure the way he does, on and off field.

Captaincy, in Pakistan, is as thankless a job as can be. You will always be undermined in favour of flashier players. You barely get the credit where its due. And you'll have to listen to people who once worked with you, bash you right, left and centre, continuously. Whilst being insecure of your position/staff because our board is a joke.

IMO Shoaib/Moyo as pundits have exacerbated things - everyone knows cricket (like all sports) is a zero-sum game. Your loss is my gain. Unfortunately, these so-called pundits have taken things at a personal level, and are doing the game/team much more harm than they think.

He will be sorely missed when he retires. And I pray, completely against the odds, we win the WC2015 just to see this guy being rewarded for his endless patience!

We need more people like him (personality-wise) not just in the team, but in our country as well. King Misbah, indeed :14:

He is a class act. Well deserved award and recognition for his services to Pakistan.

Oh wow, congratulations Misbah! You're amazing. :D Ajmal should get one too though.

Misbah looks like he just got out of jail with the stubble. :p Or is that just me?

Happy for Misbah. Despite being the shining light during Pak's lows in last couple of years, he is the one that copes all the flak.

This should shut his haters for a while.

Misbah receives Pride of Performance award (Picture added Post 34)

King Misbah

He is in Rahul Dravid and Tendu's category when it comes to respecting the sport and the opposition. Well deserved :14:

Huge honor and richly deserved :14:

The most honorable man in Pakistan cricket for over a decade.

This news will obviously not go down well with everyone.

:misbah

The governor of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa will decorate nine recipients and governor of Balochistan will decorate five recipients at their respective governor houses.

A Sitara-i-Shujat is being bestowed upon Atizaz Hassan Bangash for tackling a suicide bomber before sacrificing himself to save his schoolmates. Samia Noreen, the school teacher who rescued children from a burning school van, is also being conferred a Sitara-i-Shujaat.

Malala Yousufzai too is being conferred a Sitara-i-Shujaat.

Pakistan cricket team captain Misbah ul Haq is being awarded the pride of performance for services to cricket. He is joined by blind cricketer Zeeshan Abbasi among those who are being awarded the pride of performance badge.

Well deserved to the most dignified man to represent Pakistan, we are in debt to him and I apologise to him for all the degenerate, disrespectful and bigoted poor excuse for pakistan fans who insult him.

Well deserved to the most dignified man to represent Pakistan, we are in debt to him and I apologise to him for all the degenerate, disrespectful and bigoted poor excuse for pakistan fans who insult him.

Well said

Look above shaz brah...how many quality posters aren't around anymore ^

On topic Misbah the captain in tests will be missed dearly once he retires. He is no doubt an awful tactician who has a weird obsession with oldies but as a man manager, he's probably rivalling the great Khan himself. It's testimony to the fact that his lack of controversy and go about it approach was teh reason Pak reached the #1 rank. I wouldn't be surprised if test cricket becomes a controversial circus once again for Pakistan...

Back