My CA TRD, CA 15K LTD EDITION AND OLD LAVER & WOOD SIGNATURE

shoab68

Debutant
Runs
Hi Friends,

I am new to forum. I tried earlier also to upload pics of my bats but failed. Trying again. Details of may bats ------

1- Laver & Wood Signature (WEIGHT 2.10)--- This bat i am using since last 6 years, very strong and good bat.

2- My 2 CA 15K LTD EDITION (Both 2.9 lbs)-- 40 mm edges, Amazing ping and nice grain structure.

3- CA 12K PLUS TRD LTD EDITION (2.8 lbs)- 42 mm edges, This bat is best of the lot. Have 11 straight grains, superb balance and feather light pick up. Best ever ping i have ever seen on any bat.

all bats 1.jpg

Signature.jpg

plus 15k.jpg

dilshan face 2.jpg

Dilshan 1.jpg

dishan 2.jpg

dilshan 3.jpg

In my collection, I have all top brands bats, Will post pics next time with a brief review.

Thanks

Those CA look amazing ! Dude can i ask you a question i want to make a thread but maybe you can help me does anyone know whats the difference between

CA 5000, 8000, 9000, 10000, 12000, 15000

I know the 5000 the bottom end and the 15000 top end but in terms of middle position pick up, handle, or are they the same bats with better wood as you go up in range. P.S. your bats look great !

Those CA look amazing ! Dude can i ask you a question i want to make a thread but maybe you can help me does anyone know whats the difference between

CA 5000, 8000, 9000, 10000, 12000, 15000

I know the 5000 the bottom end and the 15000 top end but in terms of middle position pick up, handle, or are they the same bats with better wood as you go up in range. P.S. your bats look great !
I have only used 8000, 12000 plus, 12000 plus TRD, 15000 and 15000 ltd edition. 8000 plus was a nice bat . My 12000 plus took little time to open up, may be it was pressed hardly, was a good bat but not very big edges. 12000 plus TRD is really awesome and my favorite bat, 11 straight grains, superb balance and very light pick up, 42 mm huge edges and great ping, here i will share a secret with you this TRD Plus is not ordinary bat, this i got through some of my friend from Dilshan himself. 15000 and 15000 ltd edition bats are fantastic bats with good grain structure and amazing ping with good balance.

Regarding handles, i don't feel much difference, i think willow quality of 12000 plus TRD and 15000 plus is very good with huge edges and nice grain structure.

Signature could do with a refurbish, same with the darker of the 15,000's

Are the weights for the CA's measured weight or what the stickers say?

Any photos of the profiles of the signature?

I have only used 8000, 12000 plus, 12000 plus TRD, 15000 and 15000 ltd edition. 8000 plus was a nice bat . My 12000 plus took little time to open up, may be it was pressed hardly, was a good bat but not very big edges. 12000 plus TRD is really awesome and my favorite bat, 11 straight grains, superb balance and very light pick up, 42 mm huge edges and great ping, here i will share a secret with you this TRD Plus is not ordinary bat, this i got through some of my friend from Dilshan himself. 15000 and 15000 ltd edition bats are fantastic bats with good grain structure and amazing ping with good balance.

Regarding handles, i don't feel much difference, i think willow quality of 12000 plus TRD and 15000 plus is very good with huge edges and nice grain structure.

I though they were all the same shape, just different willow qualities, and all those varients you stated between them were probaly just chance which come with willow being natures productm and handmade bats which are almost never perfect models of each other.

Signature could do with a refurbish, same with the darker of the 15,000's

Are the weights for the CA's measured weight or what the stickers say?

Any photos of the profiles of the signature?
Signature i am not using now days, so not thinking to spend any money on refurbishment. CA is not dark, i applied oil and immediately took pics, that's why looking dark. Signature profile is big but edges very thin, will try to post some pics of signature profile. Weight of CA bats are little more than the stickers weight, i mentioned stickers weight but they feel very light in pick up.

Last edited:
hmmm....alryt..... i'd be interested in having a look at some profile pix of ur laver n wud.... and hows the ping on it? how it compares to the 15000 ?

hmmm....alryt..... i'd be interested in having a look at some profile pix of ur laver n wud.... and hows the ping on it? how it compares to the 15000 ?
Some problem in camera, will post pix of L&W profile later. Ping is good but to me CA 15K ltd edition and CA TRD ping is better, i feel handle is far better than CA. Must admit i am not very satisfied with my L&W especially considering the hefty price i paid for it.

Back