My Screaming Cat Series 3 Pro

johng

Debutant
Runs
I have been asked to put some of my bats up for discussion.

The first is a Screaming Cat Series 3 Professional which weighs 2.10oz which I have since traded. The cosmetics of this bat is nothing to look at compared to other bats and it has 7 to 8 grains but boy does this bat go, it absolutely flies off and if you half get the ball it is still dispatched with ease.

The balance and pick up is outstanding whilst the bat gives you an unbelievable feel. The bat comes with an oval triple spring handle as standard and I can recommend if your finances allow that you all give one of these bats a try.
IMG_5059.jpg
IMG_5060.jpg
IMG_5061.jpg
IMG_5062.jpg

Thanks for posting this Johng :)

I must say this bat is brilliant :14: Screaming Cat continues to impress me and grows in me.

How was the pickup mate considering it is low sweetspot bat.

Also is the sweetspot long throughout the face or it is just restricted to low region?

A quick question for you, pick one among these, Amplus, Special Reserve or SCAT Series 3? Which one would you choose?

Pick up is good

I would'nt be able to choose between these 2 bats as they so dam good, maybe my CA's maybe better and if they are I will be cheating lol

Haha nice one, your CA is something special!

Also did you find the sweetspot too low and was it good for back foot shots as well?

Fabulous bat.

The stickers and willow color does not look great along grains but shape is very good.

Is the handle on this like Newbery as well?

Fabulous bat.

The stickers and willow color does not look great along grains but shape is very good.

Is the handle on this like Newbery as well?

Very similar to Newbery as Julian Millichamp was trained by the master of all bat makers John Newbery

Haha nice one, your CA is something special!

Also did you find the sweetspot too low and was it good for back foot shots as well?

No sweet spot was good as when you get bats from Newbery, M&H AND scat your find the sweet spot to be quite long as the bat maker has the expertise when shaping to lengthen the sweet spot

You can play forward or back with this bat as with the M&H Amplus

No sweet spot was good as when you get bats from Newbery, M&H AND scat your find the sweet spot to be quite long as the bat maker has the expertise when shaping to lengthen the sweet spot

You can play forward or back with this bat as with the M&H Amplus

Great, thanks!!

Scat is certainly on cards now, just need to think whether it is Series 1 or Series 3.

Amplus sounds great too, initially when Amplus were launched I didn't rate them highly :))

Very similar to Newbery as Julian Millichamp was trained by the master of all bat makers John Newbery

So Julian Millichamp along Tim Keeley was trained by John Newbery?

Did Julian ever have any ties with Millichamp and Hall?

So Julian Millichamp along Tim Keeley was trained by John Newbery?

Did Julian ever have any ties with Millichamp and Hall?

He started the company and was started in Perth Australia. Tim was the senior apprentice and Julian was the junior. Many regard Tim as the better bat maker.

Tim Keeley, Andrew Kember and Julian Millichamp, all three were basically 'students' of John Newbery.

Julian was founder (I think) of M&H. James Laver also worked at M&H.

How big are the edges/spine on this bat? also have you by any chance seen a series 1 screaming cat? if so how does the profile differ from series 3 - I was want a SC just cant decided between Series 1 and 3:sami

John
A couple of q's for you mate.

1. How many scats have you had?
2.Which profiles have you used?
3. There is a perception that, the higher the price, the better the performance. in your opinion do you think that scats are as good as its gets?
4. Any luck on those stickers mate?

John
A couple of q's for you mate.

1. How many scats have you had?
2.Which profiles have you used?
3. There is a perception that, the higher the price, the better the performance. in your opinion do you think that scats are as good as its gets?
4. Any luck on those stickers mate?

1. I have had 3 SCATS
2. All series 3 like the profile
3. You certainly get what you pay for from Julian as he does not put his name to something unless it performs, Scats are as good as it gets but you need to be able to justify the price.
4. Stickers this week so bare with me ;-)

How big are the edges/spine on this bat? also have you by any chance seen a series 1 screaming cat? if so how does the profile differ from series 3 - I was want a SC just cant decided between Series 1 and 3:sami

Series one has long middle while Series three has low middle.

Ah okay, am opting out for Series One just waiting to hear from Lachlan/Julian.

Btw what's up with Caps Lock :))

Having been to and worked for months in an Indian factory I find it hard to believe any bat is made by one guy. It's a production line process. Even the same when I've been sourcing bats for the World's top batsman.

Having been to and worked for months in an Indian factory I find it hard to believe any bat is made by one guy. It's a production line process. Even the same when I've been sourcing bats for the World's top batsman.

Ram makes the top of the line bats and sponsored players bats.

Ram makes the top of the line bats and sponsored players bats.

he used to.

Last I heard he is too old to be able to make bats anymore.

his name is still going strong though!

how did you all hear about his name? Dont think his name has ever been mentioned on a show.

Back