NBA Thread

KingKhanWC

Test Captain
Runs
Any basketball fans here?

The playoffs are in motion.

playoffs.jpg

Im a Cleveland Cavaliers fan mainly due to LeBron James. Surely one of the best of all time who scored an incredible 20 points in the first quarter in the previous game to level it a 1-1 against the Pacers.

Sadly I dont think the Cavs have a good team around Le Bron so will prob lose tonight away at Indiana.

Raptors always get blocked by Cavs, no point even winning when they would lose to Cavs, hoping they go all the way, leafs are out anyway so hopefully Torontonians back Raptors who always punching above their weight.

Raptors always get blocked by Cavs, no point even winning when they would lose to Cavs, hoping they go all the way, leafs are out anyway so hopefully Torontonians back Raptors who always punching above their weight.

Raptors have been very impressive in the games I've seen. I would say this year they are better than the Cavs.

It's been tough couple of years Trusting the Process but it's finally paying off.

Sixers bringing it home right after the Eagles did would be amazing.

Man we first need to worry about Washington, losing Game 3( 1 qtr still left).

But if we play our best i think we can win this.

Leafs on the other hand SMH :facepalm:

Cavs are weak this year, Raptors have a good chance to win their first East title and advance to the finals. The west is more competitive and I see either the Warriors or Rockets in the finals but the Thunder or Pelicans could pull an upset. The west is so talented this year, even the Spurs were title contenders and have always been for 20 years and then you got the young Timberwolves with KAT and Wiggins. It's always been the better conference.

It's been tough couple of years Trusting the Process but it's finally paying off.

Sixers bringing it home right after the Eagles did would be amazing.

Sixers are very young. They won't win this year, #TrustTheProcess will bring home a title in 2020 or later. Simmons and Fultz are rookies, Embiid is only in his 3rd or 4th season, it's very unlikely that they would win rings so soon - it takes time, they look like the new OKC to me, the one that gave us Harden, Westbrook and KD.

Sixers are very young. They won't win this year, #TrustTheProcess will bring home a title in 2020 or later. Simmons and Fultz are rookies, Embiid is only in his 3rd or 4th season, it's very unlikely that they would win rings so soon - it takes time, they look like the new OKC to me, the one that gave us Harden, Westbrook and KD.

They've already exceeded expectations by far this year so anything at this point is a plus.

I think the Warriors will retain the title if Curry is back by the second round fully fit and can hit the form he was before the injury.

76ers-Young and not very experienced, Simmons and Embiid are great but not championship quality yet. Saric and JJ have been underrated this season, they've contributed a lot to this team based around young stars. Still think they have a long way to go yet, need Fultz back to his best after the bizarre shoulder injury.

Cavs- Trading an all-star in Isaiah Thomas is always a risky move, and I don't think LeBron and K Love on their own are enough. JR, Hill, Hood, Green and Korver are very average, and Tristan Thompson hasn't been the same since he got the new contract. Nance Jr and JC are good but they don't provide enough consistently to be a crucial factor in a championship winning team, while Cedi Osman is a raw talent.

Celtics- Bucks are giving them a good run for their money, injuries have been brutal to them and I think without Kyrie its always going to be very difficult.

Raptors- Still not convinced, I think they have to do more than they have shown against an under-performing Wizards team. Derozan and Lowry key as usual, Ibaka needs to be the beast he can be if the Raptors want a good chance.

Rockets- They are struggling to hit their shots, and Harden is carrying them this series. CP3 needs to be better, though Capela has been superb defensively, locking down KAT for two games is no easy feat. They have some chokers on their squad, but I think if they make it out of this round without a scare, they'll get to the WCF. (Maybe).

Pelicans- Superb in the first round, I did not expect a sweep without Cousins, but Rondo, Holiday and AD demolished the Blazers scarily with ease. The double team on Lillard was devastating. No idea how far this team can go they look extremely good, though at best I see WCF, and some would say that's stretching it a bit far.

Jazz-What can I say about the Jazz. Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles etc have been amazing. Even Jae Crowder seems to found a way to be useful for once. These guys will probably knock out OKC, and that's a big achievement, despite Melo being poor this season.

Timberwolves- Watch them beat Houston. Butler, KAT and Wiggins to drop 60-70 points between them for the rest of the series, with D Rose resurrecting his 2011 MVP form. I can only dream. Though the performance against Houston was superb, shooting 60% from 3 against arguably the best team in the West is incredible, yet unsustainable.

For me, OKC, Portland and the Spurs have been somewhat disappointing. Spurs mainly because they somehow can't convince Kawhi to play, OKC because they've got 0% chemistry despite playing 80+ games together and Portland because there is no excuse to be getting swept against a Pelicans side without Cousins. Pacers I don't know much about (they're never on TV) but Oladipo is now one of my favourite players in the league because of them. What a story.

Raptors win 3-2, looks like only hope for Toronto, defn won't be going all the way though.

Another epic finish by James. Less than 30 seconds to go in the 4th both teams tied, when James makes a great jumping block with less than a second to go. After the time out, James has one shot and hits 3 to win the game for the Cavs. Great player.

Houston- The second best team in this entire Playoffs. They have a Top 5 player in the League and likely MVP in James Harden. The guy is an offensive genius. Not the most athletic, but his skill is unmatched by any player in the game. Obviously his scoring is his biggest asset. An absolute threat from anywhere on the field aside from the post. His handles are unreal. Best stepback in the game. His three-pointer is above average and the fact that he can make it with a hand in his face makes it even more deadly. Finishes at the rim with both hands and draws fouls easily. Aside from scoring, he is a good passer as well. And his defense has improved a lot too. Then aside from Harden, HOU also has CP3. Still a Top 5 PG in the game. His effectiveness is less now that he doesn’t have the ball as much, but Houston still has the best Offense and Paul has the highest offensive rating among all players maybe even all time. His handles are quite possibly the best in the league. Definitely the best in and out dribble which he also uses as a stepback. The scoring is actually up. Averaging 19 PPG a lot of it is due to his increase in volume of three point shots. He has gotten better and attempted more. Mid-range game is arguably the best in the league and one of the best all time. Only thing, he isn’t as good at driving anymore due to decline in athleticism. Aside from being one of the best all time, he actually has improved in passing this year. In his own words it was the left hook pass. Which helps b/c he is righty. He controls the pace very well, and manipulates the other team’s defense to help Houston get threes. Aside from that, he is their best defender. Probably 1st Team All-Defense. An absolute pitbull on-ball regardless of the size of the opponent and his knack for steals and overall IQ is the best. Capela is the key man for Houston though. An improved rebounder and good defensive stopper. Very good offensively when it comes to finishing (Led NBA in Shot percentage %). His rim-runs are what is required for teams in the modern game. Houston also have good three and D guys around their best players. Ariza, Tucker, Mbah-a-Moute (injured), Green, Johnson, Gordon. These guys are aggressive defenders and help space the floor to give Harden room to work. Houston’s offense is very pick and roll heavy. Capela and Harden are especially deadly. The alley-oop is very common here. If not, Harden usually gets the big man to switch onto him and same with CP3 who has made them look like fools this year. I just don’t see anybody stopping this Rockets offense. It will be hard for even GSW b/c Javale is not even half as good as Capela and Curry will be guarding either Harden or Paul (BBQ chicken alert). I really want to see Houston win. CP3 is my favorite player of all time and has been for like 10 years now. Want him to get that ring or at least make the Conference Finals.

Golden State- Defending champs looked good for another ring at the start of the year and probably will get another. Kevin Durant just made it unfair. He is the 2nd best player in the league. Defensively he is above average and is an improved shot-blocker. One of the lowest opponent field-goal percentage at the rim. Offensively even better. A knockdown shooter with good handles and a deadly crossover. He has limitless range and a deadeye. His height makes it very easy to shoot over opponents. That fadeaway is killer. On top of that is a very good passer. Then you have Curry. The best shooter of all time. Can pull-up from anywhere and with a hand in his face. Sick handles and underrated finisher. The elevator play that GSW run for him gets him open threes off-ball as well. Though he is better off the dribble. The weakness for him is that he sets the tone as PG and he is too turnover prone which leaks into the rest of the Warriors. Needs to stop with the flashy passes. And then Klay. A prototypical shooter. Very good off screens and catch and shoot. Underrated post player. Also an excellent on-ball defender. One of the best in the league. Then Draymond. I don’t like him. But he is their enforcer and plays with a lot of heart?. Very emotional guy. A beast defender and very strong. Good all-around player and good passer for a big man. Doesn’t have a jumper though. The only thing lacking about GSW is their role players. They don’t have any. Cook, Iggy, McGee, etc. are not as good as players on other teams. Especially on the road where the fans aren’t cheering them. Warriors feed off of their annoying fans. Teams should look to win at home against them. They are the best overall team. With the best shooters and good team defense and are coached well by Steve Kerr. I hate this team though and will be tight if Curry gets his third ring.

Boston- Celtics have certainly overachieved without Kyrie and Hayward. Credit goes to Brad Stevens. He is a phenomenal coach. Their role players are stepping up big time. Brown has been good all year. Steadily progressed well from last season. He is very tough mentally and has a good head on him. With lockdown defense and decent all-around scoring ability, he is Boston’s 3rd best player. Horford has been great. He plays defense 1-5, handles the ball and shoots threes. These guys are all very versatile. Rozier is scary, Tatum is a lethal shooter, they have toughness in Smart and Morris. Plus, Baynes and Ojeleye are solid defenders.They can all shoot. Best defensive team in the NBA, with the loud crowd of Boston, they will be a tough out; But I think LeBron has enough to do it.

Cleveland- This isn’t a team. It’s a one man army. LeBron is arguably the GOAT and he is single-handedly carrying a team with no second option. He has declined defensively, but can flip the switch when required. Offensively though, he is amazing. He doesn’t need pick and rolls like the other point guards. Because of his size he can get to at least the mid-range. Which opens up passing angles. And he has turned into one of the best passers in the game. His assisting is the best in his career now. Throws bullets one-handed and in the shooters pockets. His IQ is through the roof. Remember one game where he read Ibaka’s tendency to block a shot so he drove to the rim and Ibaka was on Kevin Love. Except he helped because LeBron had a layup so he wanted to block and LeBron knew that Ibaka would help so he got K Love an open three with a mind-blowing pass which he knocked down. Aside from being a physical marvel, he is the smartest player in the NBA. Rebounding has been better in the playoffs too. His three-point shot is good, and has gone to a left-stepback move this year. His post game is good, finishes better than anyone and draws fouls. Has a sick fadeaway. Then Love is their second best player and he has suffered due to the direction of the modern game. In Minnesota, he excelled in the post, but nowadays nobody plays through big men. He has turned into a glorified Channing Frye and a spot-up shooter. Shaq says says he should roll instead of pick-and-pop, but Love doesn’t have the speed to beat the defender to the rim. Key for CLE is their role players. Clarkson and/or Hood have the complete game as scorers. Can score from anywhere and off the dribble unlike Korver or Jr. Their offense can explode any time due to their scorers though. They need to get better defensively. I think not having an elite paint-protector will hurt them. I want the Cavs to win it all. LeBron winning another chip will keep him in Ohio for at least another year. Him moving to another team just to win will hurt the NBA just like KD’s decision did.

Conf finals here. Hope Houston beats GSw cuz CP3 is my fav player all time and I hate the Warriors. Also want LeBron to go to the finals.

Is anybody watching LeBron these days? He is clearly the best athlete int he world and he's passed his prime. Putting up a legit argument at GOAT against Jordan right now.

Meanwhile Rockets are 3-2 against the Warriors thank God.

LeBron only second to Jordan for mine. Beast!

Game seven can't wait gonna be on like donkey kong.

LeBron only second to Jordan for mine. Beast!

Just an amazing performance. 46-11-9 and played 47 minutes.

And those two stepback threes at the end were so clutch.

Hope he gets to the Finals again man. He has literally carried a below-par team this season while playing in every single game.

The guy is just a machine yeah hope he wins another one. Definitely deserves it absolute legend.

Huge game tonight.

Le Bron and the Cavs away at Boston. From what I've seen so far it's very difficult to win in Boston.

Le Bron is a special player, a truly great sportsman. Can he pull off another brilliant peformance to take his team into the final? I hope so.

[MENTION=137148]Rayyman[/MENTION] [MENTION=138836]WC-Passion[/MENTION] You guys seem to know your basketball, what are you views on tonights big game?

[MENTION=137148]Rayyman[/MENTION] [MENTION=138836]WC-Passion[/MENTION] You guys seem to know your basketball, what are you views on tonights big game?

Celtics-Cavs game 7.

Boston hasn't lost a game at TD Garden this playoffs. They are 10-0.

But the margin of victory hasn't been that high, they have won close games.

We know what we will get from the Celtics. They are well-coached, play good defense, rebound, pass, shoot threes.

While with the Cavs, they rely on LeBron for the most part. In each for their wins this postseason, role players have stepped up. So they need someone else to do it tonight. Because their 2nd best player (Love) is out with a concussion. Korver has been huge but he is old and can be inconsistent because he is a 3-point shooter. So you can't rely on him. George Hill will have to score, as will JR Smith, Jeff Green and Jordan Clarkson. Tristan Thompson and Larry Nance Jr will have to rebound well.

Cleveland need a lot of things to go their way, but they have a great leader and lots of experience. This will not be a blowout.

The only way one team wins by a large margin is if LeBron comes out hot and his team feeds off that energy and they outside Boston. I think the Celtics will win a close game because of their crowd and defense.

I want the Cavs to win and I think they will win by 10+ points because they have LeBron and I won't count him out in a Game 7. Expect a 30 point triple double from him and a 4th straight Finals appearance for Cleveland.

Predicted final score- 117-104 Cavs

Celtics-Cavs game 7.

We know what we will get from the Celtics. They are well-coached, play good defense, rebound, pass, shoot threes.

While with the Cavs, they rely on LeBron for the most part. In each for their wins this postseason, role players have stepped up. So they need someone else to do it tonight. Because their 2nd best player (Love) is out with a concussion. Korver has been huge but he is old and can be inconsistent because he is a 3-point shooter. So you can't rely on him. George Hill will have to score, as will JR Smith, Jeff Green and Jordan Clarkson. Tristan Thompson and Larry Nance Jr will have to rebound well.

Cleveland need a lot of things to go their way, but they have a great leader and lots of experience. This will not be a blowout.

The only way one team wins by a large margin is if LeBron comes out hot and his team feeds off that energy and they outside Boston. I think the Celtics will win a close game because of their crowd and defense.

I want the Cavs to win and I think they will win by 10+ points because they have LeBron and I won't count him out in a Game 7. Expect a 30 point triple double from him and a 4th straight Finals appearance for Cleveland.

Interesting.

I maybe off the mark here but the games I've seen this season esp in the play off apart from the previous encounter against Boston, Le Bron often comes out flying. If I recall in one game he scored over 20 points in the first quarter alone. Cavs seem to slow done in the second half, so if they are behind in the first half tonight, it will surely be very difficult to come back away from home.

I hope the Cavs win as I love watching Le Bron but im not confident they will.

Kevin Love is out with concussion, which is a major blow for the Cavs, he's the only other All-Star level player on their roster other than LeBron and has been playing amazing defence recently. The 3P% for the Cavs seems to go down worryingly when they play away from home, and this is a big knock to their offence as they rely on the shot massively.

JR Smith and Jeff Green need to step up too, JR is known for being clutch with difficult shots but has not showed up at all away from home this series, he's not made a single three point shot! Jeff Green provided some much needed scoring off the bench last game, but now he's confirmed to be starting he has to be even more efficient.

Even Kyle Korver and LeBron have taken hits in their efficiency away from home, but LeBron has tended to be extremely good in elimination games, so there is always hope for the Cavs. The Celtics are great at defence when playing at home, so it will take something special to beat them, if they are at the races.

Tyrron Lue is a poor coach, and Brad Stevens is arguably the best coach in the NBA, so it's not surprising at all that they are unable to win frequently on the road against the Celtics. Going for the mismatch and putting Jason Tatum on LeBron through setting screens will key for the Cavs, as the 40 point output from Lebron will unfortunately will most likely be necessary for the Cavs to come out on top.

Personally, I see it being a 60/40 split in favour of the Celtics, but you never know with LBJ.

Celtics-Cavs game 7.

I'm sorry but the way you're looking at this game is way off the mark.

Boston at the TD Gardens: 10-0. This series alone Cavs haven't even been CLOSE to Boston. Losing by 25, 13 and 13 again. That margin of victory is huge. Boston are a different team at home and it's been evident from their past displays at the Garden.

Boston have the better coach, and at home they got the advantage. On top of that K Love isn't gonna play (supposedly), so you're literally asking LBJ to put up 50 pts MINIMUM at the Garden where Boston have been immaculate and have been dogged in defence and clinical in offense.

JR Smith is straight up poo. All the starters haven't been playing well away from home except TT and Korver has been their 3rd best player (after LBJ, Love). On top of that, LBJ has LOOKED exhausted, especially at that game in the Garden in game 5. He had an immense game with 46 pts in 46 mins but he needs rest and lots of it. Is 1 day enough? Probably not but he's a beast.

Boston meanwhile, Tatum has been a beast on both ends of the court, as has Horford. Brown, Rozier, Smart all putting in shifts and I believe it'll be the same sort of scoreline.

HOWEVER, since it's a game 7 and LBJ always wins away from home, at least once in playoffs, I'm gonna go for a Cavs win. Just because they have LBJ doesn't mean they win - that's what I thought for the first 3 games at the Garden.

LBJ won't be the reason if Cavs lose the game - their team has to step up. They've been trash away all series and this is the only game that matters now. LBJ has been here, maybe the occasion with get to the youth of Celts.

Gonna be a tight one, as it always is in the Garden: Cavs to win 97-93

Do you really believe he is better than Jordan?

Lets say in a 1 on 1 on a full size court, who would come out on top?

Jordon is the better scorer, he had that winning mentality no matter what. But looking back he had such a good Bulls team, and their bench was stacked too.

If LBJ can carry this awful Cavs team to a ring, then he will be the GOAT.

I want LBJ to get more rings though - people saying Kobe > LBJ cos of the rings statement. Want LBJ to get at least 5 before he retires but that'll be hard considering he's aging but he still ain't showing any signs of it.

Both series have been so good. Yesterday, Houston up 17 after 1Q but ended up loosing that by 20+ points. Frigging insane.

Thompson had a huge game, his best game of the series. Man, Harden at one point missed 21 straight 3 pointers. Come on man for an MVP that's just straight up awful.

Jordon is the better scorer, he had that winning mentality no matter what. But looking back he had such a good Bulls team, and their bench was stacked too.

I want LBJ to get more rings though - people saying Kobe > LBJ cos of the rings statement. Want LBJ to get at least 5 before he retires but that'll be hard considering he's aging but he still ain't showing any signs of it.

Jordan is seen as the GOAT due to the sheer amount of rings he had, and all while being key to the runs to the title. It's not like Shaq, who literally just went ring hunting as an NBA zombie. :))

The Cavs team isn't awful, they just have an awful head coach. Do you really think Brad Stevens or Pop would be getting such low output from the starters? Or the Cavs would only have just one way plan of attack, switching the weakest defender onto LBJ? I don't think so.

Kobe>LBJ statement is utter nonsense, Kobe is a top 10 player, definitely not top 3. Only delusional Lakers fans believe otherwise.

Sure Jordan did have Pippen on his side, but LeBron's also had help. He's had Bosh and Wade in Miami, and Love and Kyrie in Cleveland (in title winning runs).

Both series have been so good. Yesterday, Houston up 17 after 1Q but ended up loosing that by 20+ points. Frigging insane.

Thompson had a huge game, his best game of the series. Man, Harden at one point missed 21 straight 3 pointers. Come on man for an MVP that's just straight up awful.

I think the turnovers from Harden were the worst part of his game in that match. I think he had more than the rest of the Rockets and Warriors combined at one point.

Fair points. Im not really considering rings or success as part as a team. I mean in a 1 ON 1 situation, who has the better dribbling, defensive and shooting skills? I've seen Le Bron do things which seem almost impossible.

Fair points. Im not really considering rings or success as part as a team. I mean in a 1 ON 1 situation, who has the better dribbling, defensive and shooting skills? I've seen Le Bron do things which seem almost impossible.

Thing is, I'm not old enough to judge cos I wasn't watching basketball in the MJ era- heck, I only started following basketball for the past 4 years lol.

But LBJ is just, best player in this generation without a DOUBT, and I want him to win more rings tbh cos he deserves it. He's gonna move to another team after this season anyway and I'm glad he will be.

Kevin Love is out with concussion, which is a major blow for the Cavs, he's the only other All-Star level player on their roster other than LeBron and has been playing amazing defence recently. The 3P% for the Cavs seems to go down worryingly when they play away from home, and this is a big knock to their offence as they rely on the shot massively.

JR Smith and Jeff Green need to step up too, JR is known for being clutch with difficult shots but has not showed up at all away from home this series, he's not made a single three point shot! Jeff Green provided some much needed scoring off the bench last game, but now he's confirmed to be starting he has to be even more efficient.

Even Kyle Korver and LeBron have taken hits in their efficiency away from home, but LeBron has tended to be extremely good in elimination games, so there is always hope for the Cavs. The Celtics are great at defence when playing at home, so it will take something special to beat them, if they are at the races.

Tyrron Lue is a poor coach, and Brad Stevens is arguably the best coach in the NBA, so it's not surprising at all that they are unable to win frequently on the road against the Celtics. Going for the mismatch and putting Jason Tatum on LeBron through setting screens will key for the Cavs, as the 40 point output from Lebron will unfortunately will most likely be necessary for the Cavs to come out on top.

Personally, I see it being a 60/40 split in favour of the Celtics, but you never know with LBJ.

He's hit the most 40+ points in the play offs ever this season by him, if I remember correctly.

Great players step up in the big games. I have a feeling this game will go down to the last min in the 4th quarter and we might even see over time.

I think the turnovers from Harden were the worst part of his game in that match. I think he had more than the rest of the Rockets and Warriors combined at one point.

He has the best step back for sure, like the way he dribbles and entices the defender to reach and create contact - can't see anyone else who does it better. But man, he's just, too much iso-ball and creates his own problems. The 21 missed 3 pointers in a row is just a testament of how bad he can be. Rockets miss CP3 more than Harden, forreal.

He's hit the most 40+ points in the play offs ever this season by him, if I remember correctly.

Great players step up in the big games. I have a feeling this game will go down to the last min in the 4th quarter and we might even see over time.

I expect it to be close too. Honestly, even if Cleveland make the finals, I still see LBJ leaving due to how much of a mess the franchise is. This is due to the people in charge having no idea of how to run a franchise, appointing Lue as head coach was criminal.

He has the best step back for sure, like the way he dribbles and entices the defender to reach and create contact - can't see anyone else who does it better. But man, he's just, too much iso-ball and creates his own problems. The 21 missed 3 pointers in a row is just a testament of how bad he can be. Rockets miss CP3 more than Harden, forreal.

It's because he's over-confident in taking contested 3pt shots, which is what he resorts to when he realises there's not enough space for a low dribble and a burst to the rim. It's way too predictable for star defenders like Green, KD and Klay. Not to mention, his obvious reputation for choking in the playoffs. The iso-ball isn't really his fault tbh, it's the coach and the fact that the Warriors have 3 all-star level defenders. These factors contribute to the Rockets having extremely limited in offensive options.

[MENTION=140417]idrizzy[/MENTION] I just think the Cavs will have one of those games where they go insane from the 3 and LBJ will have 12+ assists. Am expecting at least two of Korver, Hill, Jr, Green and Clarkson to show up and score 15+.

They won't win a close game cuz Boston's defense is too good and iso LeBron only works 30% of the time.

In 1v1 MJ is better. He is a better scorer that's clear. The man averaged 37 for one season and 31 for his career. Just as good if not better than LeBron driving to the rim with layups/dunks. But his mid-range game is the best of all time. Step back, fadaways, etc you couldn't stop him.

In defense, MJ is better too, but not by much.

The thing is basketball is not 1v1 it's 5v5 so LeBron is just as good as Jordan if you see it that way.

It's because he's over-confident in taking contested 3pt shots, which is what he resorts to when he realises there's not enough space for a low dribble and a burst to the rim. It's way too predictable for star defenders like Green, KD and Klay. Not to mention, his obvious reputation for choking in the playoffs. The iso-ball isn't really his fault tbh, it's the coach and the fact that the Warriors have 3 all-star level defenders. These factors contribute to the Rockets having extremely limited in offensive options.

Need to run more pick and roll with Capela. That's been a big part of their success in the past two seasons when CP3 hasn't played. Plus, Draymond is too small they should take advantage of that.

It's usually Curry guarding Harden, but I get your point. Thing is though with CP3 Rockets had a lot better ball movement and had wide looks for 3, compared to GSW where the Rockets D had them locked.

Iso-ball is partly his fault though, I mean that's what leads to his turnovers in a way too - if you share the ball early, get your team in the possession and then try and move the ball and get an open look then everyones' morale gets boosted from touching the ball and being part of the team. However when he tries to do it all on his own then you're basically a passenger on the team. Lowers morale.

But yeah, it was always gonna be tough WITH CP3 but without, yeah they're gonna lose for sure.

Let's gooooo!!!!!!

Screw Boston man

I just knew LeBron wouldn't lose.

Cavs to the Finals!

Classic Eastern Conference defensive game.

Now on to Game 7 tomorrow. Should be amazing. Hope this is the end of the GSW era.

Kyrie Irving must be going nuts,he better do something spl next season if he wants to be the focus of his team ,pathetic he wasn't even on bench in the game,dude has got time on his hands and Celtics is going to be big next season if they can keep injuries out.

Best athlete/sportsman in the world.

True, so many injuries in NBA this season though and Lebron 33 and till going on and on,but they are not going to win the finals if Warriors go in,he can't really be better than Stephen+Klay

So the king is going into his eighth straight finals :salute

It's usually Curry guarding Harden, but I get your point. Thing is though with CP3 Rockets had a lot better ball movement and had wide looks for 3, compared to GSW where the Rockets D had them locked.

Iso-ball is partly his fault though, I mean that's what leads to his turnovers in a way too - if you share the ball early, get your team in the possession and then try and move the ball and get an open look then everyones' morale gets boosted from touching the ball and being part of the team. However when he tries to do it all on his own then you're basically a passenger on the team. Lowers morale.

But yeah, it was always gonna be tough WITH CP3 but without, yeah they're gonna lose for sure.

Curry isn't matched up on Harden from the start of the possession. What happens is that the Rockets try to set screens so he does end up being matched up with Harden, but Curry isn't a bad defender, so Harden still needs space and time to get a good look. Good ball movement is difficult though when you're playing against a team that has three of the best defenders in the league. CP3 needs to be back for the final for them to win it imo, I'll be surprised if they do it without him.

Need to run more pick and roll with Capela. That's been a big part of their success in the past two seasons when CP3 hasn't played. Plus, Draymond is too small they should take advantage of that.

Yes, I remember those damn illegal Capela screens in the Minnesota series. :(

LBJ the GOAT. He’d carry a team full of garfields to the finals, he’s unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Cavs were missing all those 3 point shots, I thought this isn't their day but Le Bron showed why he is a great sportsman. Great game and an alien performance from Le Bron.

I can't see Golden State or Houston beating Cleveland in the final.

When Cavs were missing all those 3 point shots, I thought this isn't their day but Le Bron showed why he is a great sportsman. Great game and an alien performance from Le Bron.

I can't see Golden State or Houston beating Cleveland in the final.

Wait, did I just read your last statement right? LOL

I don't follow the NBA very closely, but I do have a passing interest in the sport. If the Warriors win tonight, this will be the 4th consecutive Final between the two teams. Does this make it the best rivalry in the NBA? (Except the historic Lakers-Celtics)

I don't follow the NBA very closely, but I do have a passing interest in the sport. If the Warriors win tonight, this will be the 4th consecutive Final between the two teams. Does this make it the best rivalry in the NBA? (Except the historic Lakers-Celtics)

In some ways, but the thing is Cavs are not a very good team when compared to GSW, and when they did win the championship in 2016 it was mostly a fluke.

In some ways, but the thing is Cavs are not a very good team when compared to GSW, and when they did win the championship in 2016 it was mostly a fluke.

You don't win so many games on fluke buddy,it's not a Superbowl one game thing.

But yes GSW are superior and will win it this time if they make it to finals.

I was not a fan of LeBron when he first came on the scene. The gazillion dollar contrast with Nike before even playing a single NBA game sounded outright unjust to me. I had issues with him switching off and going into a shell at key moments during crucial games when his team needed him the most. Then came the egotistical and self-important interview....the painful line "I'll be taking my talents to the South Beach"...where he managed to throw gasoline and put on fire his entire run with the Cavs, even though the reasons may have been totally justified. I never gave him credit when the won the rings with the Heat. Even when he moved back to Cleveland, it seemed like publicity stunt to me.

But then he managed to win Cavs a championship against a great team and my perspective about him began to mellow down. Not that he needs any appreciation or acknowledgement from a causal and snooty fan like me but if there was any doubt left in anyone's mind about the greatness of LeBron, the series and Game 7 win against Celtics may just be final nail in the coffin for that silly and unnecessary debate to ever surface again. The guy is just plain great, maybe the GOAT. I didn't follow Jordan's career in great detail so I might be exaggerating but regardless, even if he is not as great as Jordan, he is damn close to him.

That primal roar he made before the end of 4th quarter was equivalent to a lion's roar as he gained ultimate supremacy over the animal kingdom. The guy managed to carry an above average team to the NBA finals and not for the first time. His comments about squeezing the last drop of juice from himself and his team was also emblematic on how he has approached this series and his career. There are not so many inspiring figures in sports today, everyone looking out for themselves and their bank accounts but LeBron has managed to not only stay afloat in this dog eat dog world but also inspire. No matter what happens in the NBA Finals, the awe inducing narrative that he has managed to paint over this season will remain one of the most defining and memorable periods in NBA history.

Long live the King!

This warrior team is so unfair. Another third quarter come back, looks like houston will be put away.

Warriors will walk all over cavs in the finals, if Igudalla comes back it might even be a sweep because he knows how to shut down lebron.

Warriors makes me sick

Why did KD had to go there and ruin NBA

I hope Lebron goes to Houston or Philadelphia next year to put these warriors to sleep

Well it's up to LeThanos to destroy the snake and them little guys.

We are all with the King. Cement your spot as the GOAT.

Well it's up to LeThanos to destroy the snake and them little guys.

We are all with the King. Cement your spot as the GOAT.

If he wins this time,he is GOAT because its against all odds,so was 2016 but this time its diff GSW are very good.

Warriors makes me sick

Why did KD had to go there and ruin NBA

I hope Lebron goes to Houston or Philadelphia next year to put these warriors to sleep

Ruin what? Warriors are one of these finest winning machines ever.

Ruin what? Warriors are one of these finest winning machines ever.

Stop it. They are lucky as hell. Kyrie and Love out 2015, Kawhi 2017 and CP3 + Boogie + Kawhi 2018. Good team but not the best all time. Bulls were much better.

Even though am a Knicks fan, hope Celtics beat them next year. They definitely can with Kyrie and Hayward!

What's the diff between what GSW did and Celtics is doing now? GSW will be much better.

Stop it. They are lucky as hell. Kyrie and Love out 2015, Kawhi 2017 and CP3 + Boogie + Kawhi 2018. Good team but not the best all time. Bulls were much better.

Bulls were obviously much better ,even Celtics in 60s and 80s were better,its always about building dynasties.

SMH these GSW bandwagon fans get me so mad.
:jordan

Lol what,I'm not their fan tbf I don't really care and will be supporting Cavs coz I like Lebron but hating on them for the sake of it is so annoying to say the least.

Lol what,I'm not their fan tbf I don't really care and will be supporting Cavs coz I like Lebron but hating on them for the sake of it is so annoying to say the least.

They're the least exciting championship team I've ever seen. Just chuck threes all the time. As a fan of basketball I want to see something else.

I myself am not a shooter in real life. I prefer slashing, athletic playstyles and also playmakers. None of which GSW have at an elite level.

They're the least exciting championship team I've ever seen. Just chuck threes all the time. As a fan of basketball I want to see something else.

I myself am not a shooter in real life. I prefer slashing, athletic playstyles and also playmakers. None of which GSW have at an elite level.

Chucking 3's is one thing, but they make a LOT of those chucks. Which makes them exciting. I'm not a fan, but to say they're not exciting is hard to believe.

I doubt even Lebron, greatest player since #23 (maybe even greater) can stop them with the supporting cast he has. Warriors in 5 is my prediction, with James single handedly stealing a game.

Back