New 2011 Range

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
InshAllah, in the next day or two I will be posting 2011 gear of all the companies (small and big) so we can have a look at it.

For now I have CA new pads pictures. The following pads were worn by CA sponsored players (Imran Farhat and Misbah Ul Haq) in first T20I Pakistan vs South Africa.

I am not sure which range it is but CA have also introduced foam pads which are similar to Boom Boom 5 Star, AS V10 and many more.

Attachments

• CA Pads.jpg
    CA Pads.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 732
  • CA pads 2.jpg
    CA pads 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 717
These pads look quite similar to Boom Boom 5 Star and AS V10 but nonetheless these look slightly better than them.

[br]
ASV10GLOVES.jpg

AS V10 GLOVES
ASV3GLOVES.jpg

AS V3 GLOVES
ASTONEGLOVES.jpg

AS TONE GLOVES
ASGOLDGLOVES.jpg

AS GOLD GLOVES
ASV10PADS.jpg

AS V10 PADS
ASV3PADS.jpg

AS V3 PADS

New SG Bats look amazing. In particualr the legend, cobra, and tonny. Tonny doesnt seem to be made with their best quality willow - otherwise i like that profile best. Is Agit carrying these?

i'd really like one of these sg bats. would have to sell one or two of my bats though. Xclaibur bhai - do you want one ;)

I am going to buy a full SG kit. SG King Cobra bat, megalite pads and hilite or megalite gloves. SG softs quality looks amazing even the lower range stuff is very good.

SG test glove looks similar design & quality as Kook Ice/Rogue 850 gloves. This is probably why its really popular with Indian players and also seen a Aussie player using them.

Majid Bhai, yes they are tad similar.

Who makes Kookaburra's soft? SG?

Personally I would say SS are better soft maker than SG but it could be only me.

SS and SG are best selling and biggest brands in India. BAS is no way near as popular or good as SG and SS in India. SS and SG bats are best pressed bats in the world, no other brands in India/Pak press bats like SS & SG.

SS and SG are best selling and biggest brands in India. BAS is no way near as popular or good as SG and SS in India. SS and SG bats are best pressed bats in the world, no other brands in India/Pak press bats like SS & SG.

In India SS and SG could be best selling brands but they are no where the best brand in the world. As far pressing goes SS and SG pressing can never match any English batmaker pressing.

Tim Keeleys brother has been watching Tim pressing the bats for last 35 years but he himself cant press the bats as good as Tim. So pressing requires immense skills and talent.

I have seen SS and they seem to be very very soft pressed. One of my clubmate has SS Matrix which he bought near the end of preseason (near April) and by the end of September his bat was totally finished. Toe cracked although it was well protected, crack on blade etc.

In my opinion, BAS bats are much better than SS and SG. However, outside India BAS seem to be more popular than SS and SG.

In India SS and SG could be best selling brands but they are no where the best brand in the world. As far pressing goes SS and SG pressing can never match any English batmaker pressing.

Tim Keeleys brother has been watching Tim pressing the bats for last 35 years but he himself cant press the bats as good as Tim. So pressing requires immense skills and talent.

I have seen SS and they seem to be very very soft pressed. One of my clubmate has SS Matrix which he bought near the end of preseason (near April) and by the end of September his bat was totally finished. Toe cracked although it was well protected, crack on blade etc.

In my opinion, BAS bats are much better than SS and SG. However, outside India BAS seem to be more popular than SS and SG.
Even Tom agreed SS and SG are best pressed bats in the world and you havnt even used any of the brands but you continue to diss asian brands without even really using or knowing much about how bats are pressed. English bats are pressed very poorly compared to SS & SG.

Even Tom agreed SS and SG are best pressed bats in the world and you havnt even used any of the brands but you continue to diss asian brands without even really using or knowing much about how bats are pressed. English bats are pressed very poorly compared to SS & SG.

I have used SS, hence, I was talking about them. As far SG goes I haven't used it yet. However, I was no where near "diss[ing]" Asian brands. YOu seem to have your love for SS and SG which is the reason why you always promote them.

If you really want to talk like that then how can you say English bats are pressed very poorly? You haven't used many English brand bats. Have you?

Everyone has there own opinon and its not that I have to agree with you. SS and SG could have the best pressing in world according to you but I don't think that would be the case with everyone.

Atlast suit yourself:)

Cover drive I heard earlier this year that Nike would start releasing cricket equipment next year, do you have any info on this ?

Calm down Uzair dont ruin the whole thread. Please keep your posts positive and "real world", don't cast aspersions upon anyone or any brand. Most of all, keep it fun! That is why people share their ideas and concerns.

Last edited:
Calm down Uzair dont ruin the whole thread. Please keep your posts positive and "real world", don't cast aspersions upon anyone or any brand. Most of all, keep it fun! That is why people share their ideas and concerns.

I am calm and there's no anger in me. What got me a bit furious was your exaggeration towards SS and SG pressing.

If I had hurt you or your feelings then I apologize for it.

Cover drive I heard earlier this year that Nike would start releasing cricket equipment next year, do you have any info on this ?

Sorry bro I have no idea when they will be releasing cricket equipment.

Alright, now we can get back to the 'actual' topic of 2011 range....any more updates from any other batmakers?

New CA pads and gloves worn by Younus Khan?

Attachments

• YK 1.jpg
    YK 1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 650
  • YK2.jpg
    YK2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 569
  • YK3.jpg
    YK3.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 597
I went to mapperly sports(Nottingham) today and they had some lush Gunn & Moore 2011 bats. Stickers are quite good but the quality of the bats is simply amazing. GM 808 looked Grade 1. Each and every single bat had high quality willow and clean straight grains. I was looking at GM Icon+ 808 it weighed 3.2lb but had a very light pick up. Also saw a few 808 bats with 15+ grains.

I went to mapperly sports(Nottingham) today and they had some lush Gunn & Moore 2011 bats. Stickers are quite good but the quality of the bats is simply amazing. GM 808 looked Grade 1. Each and every single bat had high quality willow and clean straight grains. I was looking at GM Icon+ 808 it weighed 3.2lb but had a very light pick up. Also saw a few 808 bats with 15+ grains.

Interesting. Did you also see Luna? If so then how is the shape etc?

Got any pictures?

Yes I saw that and shape of the bat is bit weird with 2 scoops on the back of the bat. I didnt really like that so I didnt pick that bat up to check the balance. GM+ flare bats had slighty higher middle then last yrs and pick up was much better. No sorry didnt take any pictures bcoz I would hav looked bit silly trying to take pictures in the shop but will try nxt time if the shop is not busy.

Yes I saw that and shape of the bat is bit weird with 2 scoops on the back of the bat. I didnt really like that so I didnt pick that bat up to check the balance. GM+ flare bats had slighty higher middle then last yrs and pick up was much better. No sorry didnt take any pictures bcoz I would hav looked bit silly trying to take pictures in the shop but will try nxt time if the shop is not busy.

Its a new shape but it would have been interesting how the bat feel and picks up.

Nevertheless, thanks for the update.

Anything else you saw? How are GM softs this year?

Mapperly sports(www.cricketsales.co.uk) have the best selection of GM bats in the world all their bats are handpicked to ensure quality. GM Softs arent in the shops yet, i think they will them softs later in this month. Softs will probably be same as last yr with some minor changes in design and colour.

Mapperly sports(www.cricketsales.co.uk) have the best selection of GM bats in the world all their bats are handpicked to ensure quality. GM Softs arent in the shops yet, i think they will them softs later in this month. Softs will probably be same as last yr with some minor changes in design and colour.

Any other brands new bats you probably saw such as GN, Kookaburra etc?

Yes I saw GN and Kook but they were old 2010 gear and new 2011 stuff is not in stock yet. I'll go again in abt few weeks hopefully by then they will have more 2011 gear.

When I looked at the quality of GM bats then I thought who would want to waste time and money on custom made bats and so called brands expensive like salix, newbery and M & H when you can get a really high quality GM bat for around £130-150.

GM are one of the few major manufacturers to make their bats in their own factoryin the UK. They have invested hugely in Nottingham instead of moving to India where the quality is very inconsistent and so called brands have no real interest in making better bats.

When I looked at the quality of GM bats then I thought who would want to waste time and money on custom made bats and so called brands expensive like salix, newbery and M & H when you can get a really high quality GM bat for around £130-150.

GM are one of the few major manufacturers to make their bats in their own factoryin the UK. They have invested hugely in Nottingham instead of moving to India where the quality is very inconsistent and so called brands have no real interest in making better bats.

I am sure other manufactures which you have mentioned above like Salix, Millichamp, Newbery etc bats are also made in there own factory and not it India.

Have you used Salix, Millichamp, Newbery bats? If yes did you find GM 808 to be better than them?

Bit ott to be calling 808 GMs high quality, but I have come across several that have a nice looking face.

Bit ott to be calling 808 GMs high quality, but I have come across several that have a nice looking face.

I agree! Unless you haven't seen Original or LE quality it is harsh to say 808 is better than Original or Original LE.

I don't know but after reading Majid's post I get a feeling that top end bats such as Original or Original LE won't have lots of grains. The other day I heard that clefts are being taken down at young age and most of the top bats will have fewer grains.

I remember I once saw GN Ignite PP which had only 6 grains and I got furious over that because its a 300 Pounds+ bat but later it al made sense :).

really impressed with the SG stuff...they are one of the best and biggest companies around now....have to say the best Asian cricket gear by a long way

really impressed with the SG stuff...they are one of the best and biggest companies around now....have to say the best Asian cricket gear by a long way

I would say SS is the best Asian cricket brand right now rather than SG.

if u go by market share and no. of international and first class players using it, then there is no competition...SG is far ahead. SS comes close when it comes to bats. also their soft goods r improving but still behind SG. from personal experience SG is still no. 1 when it comes to soft goods.

if u go by market share and no. of international and first class players using it, then there is no competition...SG is far ahead. SS comes close when it comes to bats. also their soft goods r improving but still behind SG. from personal experience SG is still no. 1 when it comes to soft goods.

Uhmm I am pretty sure if we go by numbers of international players then SS is one of the leading brand among few others.

Your comments are quite interesting because many people and companies consider SS softs as one of the best in the world. Many English brands such as Salix, Mongoose, Newbery, Puma and few other brand softs are made by SS.

Personally I don't like SS bats as there profile looks wired to me but there softs are exceptional I would say.

Uhmm I am pretty sure if we go by numbers of international players then SS is one of the leading brand among few others.

Your comments are quite interesting because many people and companies consider SS softs as one of the best in the world. Many English brands such as Salix, Mongoose, Newbery, Puma and few other brand softs are made by SS.

Personally I don't like SS bats as there profile looks wired to me but there softs are exceptional I would say.

lol but you have an ss?

really? if i remember correctly ur kit pic had a ss....
personally SG is no. in Asia followed by SS and the rest are someway behind....CA seems to be doing well...particularly bats but their softs r poor

really? if i remember correctly ur kit pic had a ss....
personally SG is no. in Asia followed by SS and the rest are someway behind....CA seems to be doing well...particularly bats but their softs r poor

It's not real SS bat, just stickered.

As you say :)

Here is a video which shows interior of the CA pads;

[utube]yif6um75Y0k[/utube]

I thought they had knee roll but I was wrong.

Methinks the Pakistani brands' softs look excellent this season, designs look more or less up there with UK and Indian rivals.

Methinks the Pakistani brands' softs look excellent this season, designs look more or less up there with UK and Indian rivals.

True. I would be interested in seeing Ihsan's new range so lets hope they are good too.

One thing I believe Pakistani softs (in gloves) lack is Pittard palm. I guess this is not being introduced because Pittard is costly and people wouldn't afford to buy those gloves locally.

I remember when I was in Pakistan I went to youth trails near Qadaffi Stadium and I noticed most of the bats used by batsman there were G2-G3 bats.

So I guess genuine Pittard is not being introduced due to Pakistan's market. Companies such as MB do have genuine Pittard but it is not being as explained above.

I don't think MB is going to launch 2011 gear as the one they currently have is quite new.

Here are MB LE gloves;

555.jpg

They are like exactly like SS Supertest. I would be interested in getting a pair of these as I am fan of SS Supertest gloves.

Additionally, I must say it's nice to see YK with a full sponsor, didn't look right seeing a batsman of his class with that cobbled together stuff in the past. I swear he used the same blank bat for 18 months.

Additionally, I must say it's nice to see YK with a full sponsor, didn't look right seeing a batsman of his class with that cobbled together stuff in the past. I swear he used the same blank bat for 18 months.

:)) So true regarding the plain bat.

I still fail to understand why he uses AJ bat/gloves in practice. I am not sure but can a player have two sponsors lol?

I strongly believe that CA should introduce a line after him just like they have one for Dilshan (TRD). Younis is one of the best Pakistani batsman around so having a line such as 'MYK' would be good addition for CA.

True, you'd think he'd be the spiritual successor to the Inzi edition Plus bat.

True, you'd think he'd be the spiritual successor to the Inzi edition Plus bat.

I am pretty sure many people will buy and CA will make big money.

Plus Younis is one of the few blokes in cricket who are very friendly, clam, down to earth and list goes on.

Not only to Pakistani's he is very good to foreigner fans as well. I remember when he came to Toronto he was not signing autographs for anyone as he was wearing gloves but a third person came (Non-Pakistani) and he happily did an autograph for him. People really do like him. I will not lie but on the same day a guy came and he hug Younis and he kissed Younis on his cheeks :))) :)))

He's always come across as down-to-earth imo, and the CA brand suits him, what with the absence of loud colours in the PLUS range.

Pros tend to have all the moisture drained from the willow, which is probably why they can be that big whilst picking up light.

Pros tend to have all the moisture drained from the willow, which is probably why they can be that big whilst picking up light.

True.

I remember when I was at National Cricket Academy Lahore, I happened to pick few bats of pros and some of them weren't really massive as we think they would be. But I noticed they had lots of grains which is of course because they want the ones which will perform very well.

The professional players I am talking about were Pakistan A tour players with few senior such as Sohail Tanvir, Taufeeq Umar etc

Dravid's bat looks more like a Sunny Tonny, the spine doesn't appear to curve outwards like the Legend.
122476.jpg

i think thats my next bat - in that pic of dravid above. or a malik le.

124694.jpg

CA custom made gloves for Dilshan which I don't think are even available in the market. I am not sure if these will be CA's new design for gloves...

The ones he had before had sky blue fingers, not sure I ever saw them for sale anywhere.

Yes, they were sky-blue. If I remember correctly the design of those was like CA 12000 Plus.

Back