New 2011 Range

Pads all look virtually the same, so I guess the CCX ones because the red piping along the top of the top hat doesn't look as silly.

All their high end gloves felt lovely, although I'm not sure whether the Pittards palm is my thing given that I like a pair of inners on when I bat. £40 for a pair of Rogue 850s with Pittards cougar leather palm is pretty good though when you consider that I spent that much on a pair of GM Originals last year.

£40 for Pittard Palm is very reasonable and a steal when comparing others such as Salix, Newbery, GM etc. If you compare that with Gray Nicolls you're paying almost the same.

Excuse me my arrogance but can't you wear inners with Pittard palm or it doesn't make any difference if you wear them?

How were Blade 950 gloves if you got to see them. Personally I like CCX and Blade top of the range gloves the best. Lately the ones Punter wears look nice as well. However, for Blade 950 I like 2010 model more compare to 2011s

I did like the design on the Blade 950s with the yellow and black stripe running diagonally across the bottom two fingers.

You can wear inners with Pittards leather palms, just methinks it would be a bit odd to do so when everyone goes on about how great the ventilation in the leather is. Not that I'd go out of my way to avoid wearing Pittards palmed gloves, they do feel very nice.

The design of CCX 950 and Blade 950 gloves is pretty much the same and both look superb.

When I go to Kookaburra's website I don't see Blade 950 being made or pictured with black palm so how does Scott Styris use one? I guess pro factor?

Ah make sense, I thought you were considering the softness factor etc

The only reason why I basically started to wear inners was that I wanted the gloves to last long but as I used more I got more comfortable with inners and now I don't use gloves without inners.

Also the gloves I buy from UK needs inners for example Newbery Test and Salix Arma. If I don't wear inner they are tad bigger for me.

Yeah, if I don't wear inners, my hands swim around in my gloves. Kookaburras are a tad more snug fitting though.

Yes, Kook do have snig fitting.

I guess why I'm finding Arma to be a bit lose is because of splitt design which tends to be a bit bigger compare to others or it can have to do something with English peeps hands :D

Didn't get them yet, they're with crickter13 bhai. InshAllah, I'll take them when I meet him in following weeks

New CA traditional pads ?

107859627.jpg

107859624.jpg

Today I went to my local cricket store (Qasra Sports) to buy a full face scuff sheet for my MB LE and toe guard for my Salix.

So I went there and saw some of 2011 bats in stock. He had following 2011 ranges;

Xiphos
Nitro
Powerbow
Quantum
Kaboom
Oblivion

I didn't try Xiphos, Nitro and Powerbow as I wasn't interested in them. So I played around with Quantum, Kaboom and Oblivion. Out of these three the best one in my opinion was Oblivion. They had 4-5 Oblivion in 4-5 Stars and some had good grains and some of those grains weren't that great.

So anyways the one I played with was 2.8/2.9lbs and was 4 Star. It was really big bat and looked bigger than its weight. I measured the edges and they were 36 mm and it weighed 2.8/2.9lbs. Although it was low sweetspot bat but its pickup and balance was superb.

Personally I fell in love with Oblivion and am planning to buy one for future.

Kaboom looked good but looked a lot like Asian bat for some reason.

Quantum was not that bad either but as I said I wasn't really interested in seeing Quantum and/or Kaboom.

CD - how many bats will you end up collecting? Personally, I find it difficult to bat with a different bat each time (I only have two). I am not sure how you plan on utilizing your collection

I found Hafeez MIDS bat stickers better than Taufeeq Umar's.

Is it me that Taufeeq Umar's grill doesn't look straight. The gap between the top of the grill and the lid is not same throughout the vision.

You're right CD, I think he's missing a nut on the right hand side as well.

Not sure but its dangerous to be honest. Against Saffers he did get few blows on the helmet, chest, arms etc so if one by any chances goes through the grill we don't want to see another Kirsten type incident

ca_gold bhai do update how it goes in the nets tomorrow.

Thought I would update you guys on my current state, have made up my mind and will be buying Gray Nicolls Oblivion Limited Edition soon, InshAllah.

This is last bat purchase for quite sometime now.

Just saw the following pictures and it looks the following are Boom Boom 2011 softs;

126880.jpg

These gloves don't look like Ihsan made

Used Newbery in the nets again today - in love all over again. Switched between AS and NB and what a difference.

Used Newbery in the nets again today - in love all over again. Switched between AS and NB and what a difference.

I used the mb Le today- really liked it. Actually going to sell my Bas now as I have to many bats.

I thought BAS was powerful bat? ;-)

Never thought you would rate MB LE over BAS which is a very good thing :14:

My clubmate bought a TRD locally and it is a superb bat. Have been playing around with it since last night and it feels very good. The cleft is certainly the best one so I highly recommend TRD to those who plan to buy it near the future.

Reach out to my cousin who got NB - he might be interested in BAS.

send him a note for me - ive lost his contact details. bat is in perfect condition - no damage - now in its prime. you've seen my bats.

donated to team kit. its a good net bat. good middle, not amazing - but perfect to use in nets for people who dont have light bats.

Ah okay, what is not good? Ping? Is it because of refurnhisment by any chance?

Was at my local cricket store to buy a full face scuff sheet so I thought I would take pictures while the guy cuts one out so I took pictures of GN Quantum 4 Star they had there. I would have taken more but the shop keeper was very annoying!

IMG-20110121-00077.jpg

IMG-20110121-00078.jpg

IMG-20110121-00079.jpg

ca_gold bhai, you said Qasra has good stock of these Gray Nicolls but to be honest some of his sticks were good whereas some were poor or okay I would say. Personally I'd go for AK Pro as they have more variety.

i havent been in there this year. and my team has 3 GN's from there and there all good. at the end of the day, if you were to look at your powerbow now you would say it looks poor, but you say yourself that its your best performing bat - so really how they look doesnt really matter.

i havent been in there this year. and my team has 3 GN's from there and there all good. at the end of the day, if you were to look at your powerbow now you would say it looks poor, but you say yourself that its your best performing bat - so really how they look doesnt really matter.

My Powerbow does look poor but it is my best performing bat. But what I'm saying is that Qasra doesn't have a wide range of selection. He has 2-3 bats of each model in specific weight range whereas AK Pro has in different shape and have much more bats than Qasra.

In simple terms AK Pro has more choice compare to Qasra

JazakallahKhair CD bhai for sharing the pictures.

However I must admit I am not too impressed with the appearances of the GN's, there are many knots, but the grains do look pretty straight, just my opinion though.

Waiyyakum bhai :)

I agree, the grains aren't that impressive, however, there were few at the back which had good grains. These are Grade 2/3 so you can expect ruler straight or knot/blemish free face. Although they are not great bat from there appearence these bats play very well I must say.

Waiyyakum bhai :)

I agree, the grains aren't that impressive, however, there were few at the back which had good grains. These are Grade 2/3 so you can expect ruler straight or knot/blemish free face. Although they are not great bat from there appearence these bats play very well I must say.

Salam,

Yes, obviously a cricket bat isn't all about looks, and if they went like guns then that would throw all the appearances faults out of the window. Did you get a chance to hit any of them with a mallet?

That's nice stuff Majid,
Do all the new SS bats come with the knob top on the handle? The ones I have seen didn't have such a pronounced knob. Does that mean they are better handle's than before? 12 piece maybe?

Do you know if these leg pads all have cane inserts in them? don't get me wrong, the cane is great for protection but I prefer the all foam pads, especially for their lightness. Do the Gladiator and Matrix pads have knee locators or do they just look like they do. (knee locators like on puma kinetic pads)

That's nice stuff Majid,
Do all the new SS bats come with the knob top on the handle? The ones I have seen didn't have such a pronounced knob. Does that mean they are better handle's than before? 12 piece maybe?

Do you know if these leg pads all have cane inserts in them? don't get me wrong, the cane is great for protection but I prefer the all foam pads, especially for their lightness. Do the Gladiator and Matrix pads have knee locators or do they just look like they do. (knee locators like on puma kinetic pads)
I've had 5 SS Ton bats and they all had slight knob at the top of the handle but its never as pronounced as the pictures show. I forgot to check if the handles were multi piece or not. The best thing about SS bats and they have world class pressing and their bats do perform very well.
I've also had different type of SS pads and one of the pads were called SS superlite, they were like puma kinetic/mongoose all foam protection very lightweight pads. Recently I had exactly same as above SS Gladiator they were touch heavier because they had lot of padding(test level) knee locater bit had some sort of extra hard padding stuffed inside it.
Yeah they do have proper knee locators which fit well and they actually are very good pads & have perfect snug fittings. They also look extremely good and very eyecatching.

Last edited:
I've had 5 SS Ton bats and they all had slight knob at the top of the handle but its never as pronounced as the pictures show. I forgot to check if the handles were multi piece or not. The best thing about SS bats and they have world class pressing and their bats do perform very well.
I've also had different type of SS pads and one of the pads were called SS superlite, they were like puma kinetic/mongoose all foam protection very lightweight pads. Recently I had exactly same as above SS Gladiator they were touch heavier because they had lot of padding(test level) knee locater bit had some sort of extra hard padding stuffed inside it.
Yeah they do have proper knee locators which fit well and they actually are very good pads & have perfect snug fittings. They also look extremely good and very eyecatching.

Excuse me Majid bhai, but what does the knob at the top of the handle do and also are the springs those lines at the very top of the handles?

I think some bat makers make that knob for counter balancing and it also stops hand sliding of the bat handle. Those line at the top of handle are springs.

So if a bat has 3 springs that's better than a bat with 2 springs?

Not really 3 spring handle has more flex and 2 spring has less but they are brands that use 2 springs and several players use bats with 2 spring handles.
I might be wrong (Tom bhai will know best). I think you get more power into the shot if the bat has 2 springs in the handle, this is why some players use them

Salam,

Yes, obviously a cricket bat isn't all about looks, and if they went like guns then that would throw all the appearances faults out of the window. Did you get a chance to hit any of them with a mallet?

Walakiumasalam Bhai,

Arre nahe the shop keeper was not letting me hit the bat on the ground so forget mallet test :))

My clubmate has SS Matrix pads and he is complaining about there knee area part. Although it has knee locator they should be fitting and wrapping perfectly but unfortunately they are not and he is saying they are tad bulkier compare to his GM Orginal D30.

Excuse me Majid bhai, but what does the knob at the top of the handle do and also are the springs those lines at the very top of the handles?

It is counterbalance and it improves the balance of the bat.

Also what is the profile?

Shape, location of sweetspot etc

Salam,

What a batamees shopkeeper, how does he expect customers to buy his stuff if they can't try it out?

Also I just had a question, I hope you don't mind. The other day, I was on the Sialkot Shop website and they were selling bats for really cheap, also they seem to have gotten good reviews, have you ever bought from them?

JazakallahKhair.:)

Salam,

What a batamees shopkeeper, how does he expect customers to buy his stuff if they can't try it out?

Also I just had a question, I hope you don't mind. The other day, I was on the Sialkot Shop website and they were selling bats for really cheap, also they seem to have gotten good reviews, have you ever bought from them?

JazakallahKhair.:)

Walakiumasalam,

Yes, he was very batamees. I would have never gone to his store but he is the only one who has full face scuff sheet which I wanted to buy.

No, I haven't bought anything from them but my club mate has. Unfortunately when my club mate bought it his stuff got drilled but he got all of the money back. However, Bahasrat Bhai (at Sailkot shop) is a top bloke and there service is good as well.

Okay JazakallahKhair, I was just wondering because the reviews looked pretty good.

Also still no news from Asad bhai yet?

My clubmate has SS Matrix pads and he is complaining about there knee area part. Although it has knee locator they should be fitting and wrapping perfectly but unfortunately they are not and he is saying they are tad bulkier compare to his GM Orginal D30.

I had no problems with knee area as the pads fitted me perfectly. They were not bulky at all but some people who are used to playing club cricket and use lower end pads, they might find them a bit bulky. I fount the SS pads lot better then GM pads, I tried GM teknik lite and GM d30. GM d30 were okay but I fount SS pads to be superior and much better looking design.
SSWHITES.jpg

Last edited:
Lies, Gunn & Moore Original Teknik Lites are the coolest pads in recent years, as made evident by Graeme Smith when he was twatting bowlers around in 2009.
111886.jpg

No lies bro. I'm honest. Lot more players use SS Matrix pads you will see in the WC and IPL4.

Last edited by a moderator:
None as hard as Graeme Smith though. The man's harder than diamond coated nails put in a freezer for a week.

Last edited:
I concur SS! Tehniik/D30 are the coolest pads around in the market nothing beats them!

CD bhai if it's not too much would you mind posting pictures of the D30, because a guy in my cricket academy has the Original Technik's and I love them.

Also JazakallahKhair for asking Asad bhai.:)

CD bhai if it's not too much would you mind posting pictures of the D30, because a guy in my cricket academy has the Original Technik's and I love them.

Also JazakallahKhair for asking Asad bhai.:)

Actually they are my friends, not mine. But I saw them yesterday and they are very very good pads.

If you are considering them I'll say go ahead buy them.

My clubmate had posted pictures in the following thread (scroll down a bit);

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=110004

Actually I was talking about the one's Graeme Smith's wearing.

However I don't think I will buy any pads as I have recently bought Ihsan Stratus 250 pads from Pakistan. I must admit they are really good. They are light, comfy and stylish, Inshallah I will post pics soon if you want, but if you don't want that's fine. Also any questions are welcome.:)

Actually Smith does wear D30 Original pads in ODIs. SempreSami will be the man for this as Smithy is his boy :D

Oh pictures of this with your CA bat would be great!

Smith indeed is wearing last year's d3o pads in ODIs atm.

I'd post some photos of my Original Teknik Lite pads but they're currently in my kit bag at the bottom of my wardrobe, so perhaps in the near future I'll do so.

Personally I find the 2010 D30 pads to be better, the new ones (2011) aren't that great looking imo

What a lazy cricketer ;-)

SS design scheme is boring, I mean every year they have same design for the pads. Same design but three different lines of pads are pictured above. I mean why have same thing ? lol

M&H have launched a new bat for 2011.

Looks to be a real beast.

Amplus.jpg

Looks big but one thing I don't like about M&H is that there bats don't look great. I know it is just appearence but if I pay 350 ounds I would want a perfect bat in every aspect.

Looks big but one thing I don't like about M&H is that there bats don't look great. I know it is just appearence but if I pay 350 ounds I would want a perfect bat in every aspect.

What part of the appearance don't you like? Is it just the stickers?

As far as the willow goes, if you get an opportunity to go to their shop in Taunton you will see some exquisite blades.

I have seen some in serious cricket that did not look too good though so maybe buy from the factory is best.

What part of the appearance don't you like? Is it just the stickers?

As far as the willow goes, if you get an opportunity to go to their shop in Taunton you will see some exquisite blades.

I have seen some in serious cricket that did not look too good though so maybe buy from the factory is best.

Great to see you posting Aamer Bhai :)

I think what that poster is saying is talking about how M&H don't look pleasing aesthetically and I agree with that. I have seen pictures of few M&H which don't look very good physically but there performance as we all know is unmatchable.

Also I found about this the other day that M&H bats are pressed at Newbery and was quite shocked to hear this.

Majid Bhai, told me about Boom Boom's 2011 range and I just had a look at them and I must say I'm truly impressed with there vast improvements! MashAllah, there softs look impressive! There 2011 range just puts them in a different class all together. It can be viewed here;

http://boomboomcricket.com/gear

The Signature 175 range is impressive! They have introduced genuine pittard palms as well!

MB Malik Limited Edition New Sticker

One Brother MB malik has changed sticker of MB Malik Limited Edition Bat.

Attachments

• P1010049.jpg
    P1010049.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 263
  • P1010046.jpg
    P1010046.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 312
Back