New Bats/Equipment/Kit trends spotted during WC 11

Well Gautam Ghambir has changed the stickers on his bat from Reebok to MRF. Sorry but I couldn't find a picture.

He's been using MRF stuff since the South Africa tour yo.

Puma sponsored players are wearing some rather snazzy editions of the Calibre half spike also.
qqnoq.jpg

Indoodly. Here's Faf du Plessis wearing them also.
128257.jpg

Methinks Scott Styris was the first to post a picture on twitter though.

I personally like the Adidas ones that England wear, just like the style, don't know about comfiness.

Thanks for the picture Sami!

Those spikes look impreesive! You have an rough idea how much they go for?

Unfortunately CD I haven't seen these particular ones for sale on any online retailers.

The standard Calibre spikes look like this.
PU11CSCALCONVSPzm.jpg

Looks great bruv!!

They look really good, after Nike Century Spikes these are the one I liked.

How much do these standard one go for?

Shehzad Still Using The MB Pads.

Attachments

• Misbah Shehzad.jpg
    Misbah Shehzad.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
Shehzad Still Using The MB Bats.

You mean pads, right? I think this is because Shahzad was signed during World Cup preparations hence I don't think he was sent out Boom Boom pads.

Also Boom Boom sponsored him for Accelator range which is Blue/Black

You mean pads, right? I think this is because Shahzad was signed during World Cup preparations hence I don't think he was sent out Boom Boom pads.

Also Boom Boom sponsored him for Accelator range which is Blue/Black

Opps. Sorry About The Bat Thingy.

Hmm. He Is Even Using Some Other Brand Gloves Even When He Was With MB.

Last edited:
Opps. Sorry The Bat Thingy.

Hmm. He Is Even Using Some Other Brand Gloves Even When He Was With MB.

What happened during NZ tour when he was sponsored by MB was that he took only one pair of MB gloves with himself to New Zealand and when his hands got sweaty he switched to these MIDS gloves.

I'm surprised that Boom Boom haven't sent Shahzad Boom Boom stuff

Notice how he's still wearing MIDS gloves as well. Boom Boom prolly haven't got their gear to him yet.

What happened during NZ tour when he was sponsored by MB was that he took only one pair of MB gloves with himself to New Zealand and when his hands got sweaty he switched to these MIDS gloves.

I'm surprised that Boom Boom haven't sent Shahzad Boom Boom stuff

Oh Acha, Thanks CD Bhai For The Info.

Another detail I hadn't noticed before, BAS bats have stickers on the edges now.
128258.jpg

Good spot Sami, this certainly wasn't there before.

I find it difficult to understand why Amla wears proper cane pads in Test matches which are heavier compare to these ones, surely it make a difference when playing in them..

Personally I'm not in favour of these edge stickers, I mean when you get nick/edge these stickers pop out am witnessing this with my Salix.

I wonder when will BAS change there soft design, the current one was launched in 09 if I remember it correctly

Spot On Sami.

Attachments

• Bat.jpg
    Bat.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 430
  • Bat2.jpg
    Bat2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 443

I find it difficult to understand why Amla wears proper cane pads in Test matches which are heavier compare to these ones, surely it make a difference when playing in them..

Personally I'm not in favour of these edge stickers, I mean when you get nick/edge these stickers pop out am witnessing this with my Salix.

I wonder when will BAS change there soft design, the current one was launched in 09 if I remember it correctly

So did you take the stickers off?

Do you think I should do this with my Kook?

Jee bhai from Pakistan, they are AM and I must say they are really comfortable and lightweight.

A lot of people here use AM shoes, shame I don't have one :(

So did you take the stickers off?

Do you think I should do this with my Kook?

For Salix I think the problem was that the edge stickers were over scuff sheet fold on the edges.

I think with Kook it would be fine.

Took the small ones off lol

Cool,cool.

By the way how is the Salix going for you? Koi chakay shakay lagai ya nahin?:iamlegend

I am not using it a lot in nets lol I'm scared to be honest :(

I have used it twice and it goes very well!

thats not a sticker on te edge...it is BAS brandished into the willow

umar akmal still using old GM FLARE bat.....but one thing that is sure is that,he is using genuine GM bat(as u can see from the red cross mark on the shoulder of the bat),also seems to have gotten rid of the MASURI helmet,THIGH GUARD is prolly GN

Attachments

• 128342.jpg
    128342.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 774
Last edited:
That's this year's Calibre line, what McCullum's using.

I don't buy that Umar's bat is a long blade with a super short handle. I'm slightly taller than the Akmal brothers and proportion-wise, that Flare just looks like a regular short handle to me.

Thanks for the pictures Ummer, for pictures just put
and paste the link in between them.

Sami, I agree with you. Umar Akmal, is not using long blade and super shot handle. Handle and blade length both look standard to me.

Did you also notice how big his bat look? The profile on Flare is impressive I would say.

McCullum was using Kinetic against Pakistan and personally I like Kinetic much more than all of the others.

Also for McCullum they change the pads colours to the range he is using right? Because these pads are only in Iridium range.

Certainly seems to be the case, a fair few companies will change the colours of things to match up.

If companies such as Kookaburra make new ranges for the Ashes, which only two teams participate in, then why can't they make new ranges for the World Cup, which is a global event. Surely it would be better marketing scheme?

England's winter tour coincides with all the new gear going on sale back home, that's why they all started using new stuff during the Ashes.

If you look at the 2009 series in England I'm pretty sure they brought out a new range for the Ashes, because I saw a picture of it on cricket supplies forum.

Yeah I know that's my point, why make a couple of not that special bats for a series involving only 2 teams when you can make pretty special bats for a global tournament.

Kookaburra's main markets are in England and Australia, which is coincidentally the two that play in the Ashes.

Has CA Copied GM Pads Design?

Attachments

• Misbah.jpg
    Misbah.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 424
  • Ukmal.jpg
    Ukmal.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
love the passion of pakpassion members...........totally awesome....

also need info on what color socks players wearin'..............eheheh

lol thanks umm... not too sure about that ^^^

i just where whatever i find a pair of lol

I'm looking forward to new Puma series.
McCullum made good use of it in warm-up game.

Although you are old but I see you just have started to post so welcome to PakPassion, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Absolutely, McCullum's Puma range loos the best (in Puma's Range) and personally I find the design of pads McCullum wears to be the best in the market.

love the passion of pakpassion members...........totally awesome....

also need info on what color socks players wearin'..............eheheh

Welcome to PakPassion and more importantly to Cricket Equipment World, it is pleasure to have you here, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hmm Pakistan players play barefoot :D :))

New Boom Boom stuff

Gloves which Afridi is wearing and pads which Razzaq is holding.

Attachments

• 610x.jpg
    610x.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 395
  • pic20.jpg
    pic20.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 322
  • pic21.jpg
    pic21.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 363
The second gloves Shahid Afridi is wearing look good actually and they look of a good quality at all!

That Boom Boom bat in last picture has a good profile I wonder who's is it. Looks similar to Tendulkar's profile but with higher positioned middle.

To me it looks ugly for some reason!

I only find Kinetic to be best as I tend to like and fall for them.

Looks like SS made a special range for Pollard, its either called 'Pollard' or 'KP55'

110680531.jpg

Back