New Zealand (322/7) comprehensively defeated Netherlands (223 all out) by 99 runs in the 6th Match of ICC World Cup 2023

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1696777504179.png

The opening matches of their Cricket World Cup journeys saw contrasting outcomes for both teams. New Zealand, seeking redemption from their 2019 World Cup Final defeat, began their campaign with a resounding victory over England in Ahmedabad. On the other hand, the Netherlands faced a considerable setback in their match against Pakistan in Hyderabad.

Despite falling short against Pakistan, the Dutch team can draw encouragement from their performance, particularly in their bowling and top-order batting. However, it is clear that they will need to significantly exceed expectations to pose a challenge to the formidable New Zealand side.

New Zealand, riding on their ruthless display against England, have received a further boost with the expected return of key players Tim Southee and Lockie Ferguson. Unfortunately, Kane Williamson will be absent from the upcoming match as he continues to work on regaining full fitness.

When: October 9, 2023, 2:00 PM IST

Where: Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad

Squads:

Netherlands Squad: Vikramjit Singh, Max ODowd, Colin Ackermann, Bas de Leede, Teja Nidamanuru, Scott Edwards(w/c), Saqib Zulfiqar, Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek, Aryan Dutt, Paul van Meekeren, Ryan Klein, Shariz Ahmad, Wesley Barresi, Sybrand Engelbrecht

New Zealand Squad: Devon Conway, Will Young, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham(w/c), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Lockie Ferguson, Tim Southee

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Boring match. Ngl, I kinda wish West indies were here. Ik Nedtherlands won and all but I still feel WI is the stronger team. Its more exciting to have them here then nedetherlands (No disrespect to the Nedtherlands team ofcourse)

Boring match. Ngl, I kinda wish West indies were here. Ik Nedtherlands won and all but I still feel WI is the stronger team. Its more exciting to have them here then nedetherlands (No disrespect to the Nedtherlands team ofcourse)
Netherlands already defeated WI in qualifiers, they are very much capable of challenging big teams.

Netherlands already defeated WI in qualifiers, they are very much capable of challenging big teams.
I know they defeated wi in that 374 game. But I firmly believe just like Sri lanka didn't deserve to play qualifiers, neither did WI.

West indies isn't a great anymore but they do have some good players. What happened in the qualifiers, I don't know tbh, the same way nedtherlands beating south Africa was a surprise.

Also naw, NZ will cremate nedtherlands. I banked on NZ winning the 2023 wc along time ago 😂

I know they defeated wi in that 374 game. But I firmly believe just like Sri lanka didn't deserve to play qualifiers, neither did WI.

West indies isn't a great anymore but they do have some good players. What happened in the qualifiers, I don't know tbh, the same way nedtherlands beating south Africa was a surprise.

Also naw, NZ will cremate nedtherlands. I banked on NZ winning the 2023 wc along time ago 😂
If NZ will get a traditional track of Hyderabad which we have seen during warm up games, so for sure 400 is on.

This time NZ looking well balanced, so bright chances that ur wish can come true 😂

This is where the whole shamble lie for teams like West Indies. If a country where cricket is already dying don't get to participate in a world cup and are away from it for 8 years (considering they will make it to next), how would cricket survive there among the already limited fans?

West Indies tend to punch above its weight in international tournaments and usually does give a good fight, teams like West Indies still have a much better chance of winning more often in major tournaments against big teams than the minnows who almost are certain to lose in longer formats.

T20 WC is a perfect ground for minnows inclusion where upsets are likely and will motivate them further and spread the game. ODI where they could likely get huge margin beatings, how does that do any good for them to build is yet to be seen.

Zimbabwe once a good team has completely disappeared from the cricketing world picture.

Expecting a big win for New Zealand who should be full of confidence after their thumping win against England.

New Zealand to win but I predict Ned to do one of the big teams

It'll be interesting to see how other teams aporoach the Netherlands, as Pakistan nearly made a mess.

Nederlands had shown against Pakistan that they were the ones doing upsets in the past. So you can expect one more in this edition as well. Maybe they do it against England or South Africa again who knows? But I doubt that they have a chance against Kiwis.

Netherlands won the toss and chose to field

Teams:

Netherlands XI: Vikramjit Singh, Max O'Dowd, Colin Ackermann, Bas de Leede, Teja Nidamanuru, Scott Edwards (capt, wk), Sybrand Engelbrecht, Roelof van der Merwe, Ryan Klein, Aryan Dutt, Paul van Meekeren

New Zealand XI: Devon Conway, Will Young, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham (capt, wk), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult

New Zealand is probably the most upset proof team. Can't remember the last time they lost to a minnow in ICC tournaments.

Another maiden over. 3 overs back-to-back maidens. Excellent lines from the Dutch bowler keeping New Zealand quiet.

This is some record by Netherlands to bowl three consecutive maiden to start with a innings against top class Team

Netherlands May not be the most extravagant side with express pace bowlers but have to say they do the basics well keeping it accurate.

May not be New Zealand but I would not be surprised if they pull of an upset on one of the test teams

Will Young is on a mission now. 4,4, 6 and 4 from him. After 5 overs, the Kiwis are 19 for no loss.

Netherlands May not be the most extravagant side with express pace bowlers but have to say they do the basics well keeping it accurate.

May not be New Zealand but I would not be surprised if they pull of an upset on one of the test teams
I'm glad it's not going to be pakistsan

Netherlands unable to handle the pressure? New Zealand in red hot form

Good start black caps. Get to 350 + and keep game safe from upset. Netherlands can be a dangerous team.

netherlands will finish above afghanistan.
I'm discussing their overall performance, not specifically within this World Cup. Despite obtaining their ODI status in approximately 2010, participating in their inaugural T20 match in 2012, and acquiring Test status in 2019, they have made significant strides and evolved into a formidable team, posing a substantial threat to their opponents.

The team boasts world-class spinners in Rashid, Mujeeb, and Nabi, along with a batter like Gurbaz who would be an asset to any top tier lineup. When compared with teams such as Bangladesh, the Netherlands (formerly Holland), Scotland and others it becomes evident that they have progressed admirably.

Devon Conway is gone. New Zealand are 1 down after a good start. Score is 67/1 after 12.1

After 17 OVERS, New Zealand in 90/1. I think their final score will be something like 350-60

Young reaches 50 from 60 balls. He needed that after getting out for a golden duck in the last match
NZ's RR has been quite slow over the last 10 overs but we all know they have the power to accelerate at any time
NZ are 108/1 after 21 overs

1696845508419.png

Will young is gone for 70. New Zealand are 2 down now for 144 runs.

Why is this idiot commentator sanju manju waffling on about india in a Netherlands vs nz game ?

After 30 overs, Kiwis are 171/2. Good batting by Daryl Mitchell and Rachin.

I reckon Netherlands can finish above Afghanistan and Sri Lanka

Nw Zealand 183/2 after 32 overs.Rachin Ravindra is on 49*, and Daryl Mitchell just got dropped on 22*

What a WC for Rachin so far. 50 for him but then he got out next ball

1696849242734.png

This is a bowl first worldcup. teams are batting well second time around under lights. nl might just upset this one

Got to hand it to the NL. They look a decent side. Bowled us out the other day and not too far off the Kiwis today.

This is a bowl first worldcup. teams are batting well second time around under lights. nl might just upset this one
Maybe not enough evidence as of yet , but I want to see more pitches like the India vs Australia game, they are proper thrillers, if Aus had took kohlis wicket or if they score another 30-40 runs could have been really close

Got to hand it to the NL. They look a decent side. Bowled us out the other day and not too far off the Kiwis today.
If they had a couple more flashy batsman they would be something . But they are definitely putting up a challenge so far and maybe different pitch but they’ve bowled better than England

Maybe not enough evidence as of yet , but I want to see more pitches like the India vs Australia game, they are proper thrillers, if Aus had took kohlis wicket or if they score another 30-40 runs could have been really close

Ball is coming on better in second innings. in most of the games

ind pak game will also depend on toss

Netherlands have improved a lot from the last time I saw them playing. Their fielding and bowling does seem competitive. However, its their batting which needs improvement.

I don't think they will be able to chase this against NZ bowlers.

Dropping Kohli at that stage was really criminal. If a Pakistani had done that I would have flown to Pak, infiltrated the border into India, found him and given him a phainty.

We need more teams like NL is the world cup.

NZ vs NL has been an absorbing match, and great effort by NL.

13 runs of the last ball...

But still good bowling performance from Netherlands again

Where are those 350-400… 500 runs wickets!!!!

I mean, first game Poms thought themselves to be too good for their own good and tried to post 400, only to be caught off guard, then tried to be too aggressive to get Kiwis all out with an under par score and a bowling attack that’s not their strength, neither that good - so, Kiwis clinically thrashed them.

An another game, Lankans some how believed that on that Delhi ground, with their attack, under scorching sun they would blow the South Africans, who had recently posted 350+ scores few times on their day batting first.

And today, I’ll be surprised if the Dutch can come within 80% of Kiwis total, which is a very humble 322, for the expectation set for this high scoring WC.

F7_5IrKaQAAasK1

Last 3 over Netherlands were concenced too many runs so they are out of game now.

Henry produce outside edge but Mitchell at slip put down a regulation catch

A dropped catch, a missed run-out chance, some inside edges and a boundary. A patchy start for the Netherlands openers.

NED - 12/0 (4)

Matt Henry gets the first breakthrough. Vikramjit Singh departs after scoring 12 (20).

NED - 21/1 (6)

Back