New Zealand tour of Pakistan (2024)

Predict outcome of the 5-match T20I series between Pakistan and New Zealand

• Total voters
Don't Diss fakhar. Imad arguments make sense and I only step in when some loony toon claims nawaz or usama mir is superior, but don't Diss fakhar.

Fakhar has won a cup for Pakistan, Saved Pakistan from an embrassing humiliation at the hands of NZ, is the first and only pakistani in history to score a 200 in odi, and when onsong is pur best batsmen by miles, and not a single person can compete and he was forced to fix babar's nonsense 39 of 34, and atleast bring it to a competitive total which no longer matters since Bobby is so braindead he bowled his most expensive bowler during crucial stages.

Only an idiot nation like us would remove an X Factor from opening and replace him for the biggest drama bazi clown in existence .

Any other nation would do their utmost to give fakhar world class coaching and would iron out all his issues, he'd be treated like a god and would be given the biggest confidence in the world to perform on big stages.

Instead we shatter his confidence, make it clear that we lose trust in him and replace him for rizwan in t20 and for Abdullah a dude who'd only played 7 List A games before his wc call up.

Once your hero babar and rizwan win a cup for us, then we'll talk.
Another useless essay. Fakhar is a failed t20 player. You go gaga over fakhar's against Zimbabwe lol. But you mock other for b and c teams.

Yes that also helps with the narrative that Babar and Rizwan are world class when they beat this C team.
First of all lets clarify a few things.

If you read my post you would know the squad I would select for the home series.

Yes Babar and Riz are world class.

That is not just my opinion that is world wide consensus within the cricketing world.

You and some others posters on the forum have specific agendas for/ against certain players and run with a grouping narrative and mentality.

For me its always been clear and simple. I follow an underlining principle of selecting the best players available to win a particular series or tournament for Pakistan because when we strip away all the layers that is what every Pakistan supporter should want.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you read my post you would know the squad I would select for the home series.

That is not just my opinion that is world wide consensus within the cricketing world.

You and some others posters on the forum have specific agendas for/ against certain players and run with a grouping narrative and mentality.

For me its always been clear and simple. I follow an underlining principle of selecting the best players available to win a particular series or tournament for Pakistan because when we strip away all the layers that is what every Pakistan supporter should want.
Excellent post. All these guys do is hate on the best players and love the worst players and than they have the audacity to question if you are a Pakistani fan while they support druggies and fixers. Shameless to say the least.

Can we rest rizwan and Shaheen for workload reasons and also nz is playing B team due to ipl so we shouldn't need a team anyway.

Open with Siam Babar and one down Usman or Haris , whoever among them plays can keep also.

Babar and rizwan are world class how?

Every top team has 3 to 4 bats superior to them?

Fakhar Innings vs
Another useless essay. Fakhar is a failed t20 player. You go gaga over fakhar's against Zimbabwe lol. But you mock other for b and c teams.
Fakhar innings vs Australia in the world cup is something that most pakistan batters wouldn't be able to play however he hasn't been that great in t20s.

Babar and rizwan are world class how?

Every top team has 3 to 4 bats superior to them?
Riz has a 40 plus average in all three formats as a keeper batter

Babar is Babar its self explanatory.

Name every teams 3 to 4 Bats that are superior in comparison???

Now my question

Ask yourself whose interest does it serve by constantly being toxic and ridiculing and hating your own players???.

What is it that your trying to achieve???.

I don't see other non Pakistani posters on this forum exude the same amount of hate on their players.

Money makes the mare go, Kane Williamson could sit duck for three games in IPL but can't attend an international series against Pakistan. A flouting of the highest order

Be careful what you wish for (wanting full nz team to tour) didn’t NZ c team spank Pak last year at home.

Riz has a 40 plus average in all three formats as a keeper batter

Babar is Babar its self explanatory.

Now my question

Ask yourself whose interest does it serve by constantly being toxic and ridiculing and hating your own players???.

What is it that your trying to achieve???.

I don't see other non Pakistani posters on this forum exude the same amount of hate on their players.
So babar is world class because he's babar azam? Great analysis.

Be careful what you wish for (wanting full nz team to tour) didn’t NZ c team spank Pak last year at home.
Yes, we hoped that Pakistan should be facing full strength squad so that it can help in preparations for the world cup. Nothing wrong in it.

Eight senior players are absent from the lineup due to IPL commitments. However, young New Zealand batter Finn Allen is confident that the revamped side will pose a challenge for hosts Pakistan in the upcoming five-match T20 International series starting April 18. Allen expressed his optimism during a media interaction:

“It is rewarding for those guys and allows them to get an opportunity at the top level to see where they stand against a formidable Pakistan side.”

“I guess with the upcoming series, we batted out with them at home not too long ago, but it is on their turf now, and we know from tours in the past that they are pretty tough to beat at home.”

“Hopefully, Mark Chapman can pull through for the boys again like last time, but I think it will be a good challenge and a good series.”

“Conditions will definitely be different, every game is a new game, and you have to start again, so I am looking forward to the challenges and different conditions, and seeing what we can come up with.”

“Every chance you get to play for New Zealand or represent your country is a try-out, and an opportunity to showcase your skills...hopefully, selection takes care of itself, just clear-minded on going over to Pakistan and trying to contribute to winning a series.”

“I have been amazed at how Rishabh Pant has come back, coming from what he has had to a year later coming out and showing that he has still got it is pretty awesome to see.”

I said top teams but sure.

Australia: Travis head, David Warner, Glenn Maxwell

New Zealand : Rachin ravindra, Darly Mitchell, Kane Williamson

India: Kohli, Gill, Rohit sharma, Sheryas Iyer.

South africa: Makram, Quinton(he retired from odi but I think he's still playing t20), klaseen, Van der dussan

England: Currently no one as the whole team is put of form, but in 2019 which was their peak, the whole team is > babar Azam's peak and career wise babar azam's peak is 2021.

^^ SENA and India are the top dawgs.

It's funny you say it was a C team when most of those players were on the WC squad and it gave huge opportunities to Chapman/Young/Ravindra who have become permanent fixtures on the team. Just because they aren't proven performers doesn't mean its a bunch of scrubs coming to play against Pakistan. It will still be a formidable team and Pakistan themselves will likely (and should) be experimenting themselves to find their best combo.

Pakistan also beat full strength NZ side at home in the tri-series and routinely beat them in the WC.

Poll has been added.

Predict the outcome of the upcoming t20 series.

I guess it will be 4-1 Pakistan.

Hearing reports about Shaheen and Naseem being rested.

Haris and Fakhar are injured, so that’s four first XI players missing.

Haris injury might be a
Hearing reports about Shaheen and Naseem being rested.

Haris and Fakhar are injured, so that’s four first XI players missing.
Haris injury might be a blessing, however viewers will miss the slam bang cricket

I would celebrate if Babar and Rizwan are rested for this series.

That would be epic.

They can always try vs England.

That would be epic.

They are not gonna be rested and we know this fact.

Will it be a clean sweep? your say on this series?

That would be epic.

Tbf to babar and rizwan, we should appreciate that their extremely consistent.

The thing that's holding fakhar back from being world class is that he can't play consistently, if he could consistently score 40-60 scores and occasionally hit a massive 150+ score he'd be world class but fakhar 95% of the time is a tail ender.

Saim also hasn't been consistently at all, The problem with babar and rizwan isn't consistency, their consistent, its soft scoring, their issue is 95% of the time their scores don't matter against top quality teams. A good example being where none of babar's 50's in the world cup mattered.

If Shaheen was captain it would be 3-2 to NZ :)
Now that Babar is back, maybe 4-1 to Pak

But it also largly depends in Pak play their best XI or expirement.

I said top teams but sure.

Australia: Travis head, David Warner, Glenn Maxwell

New Zealand : Rachin ravindra, Darly Mitchell, Kane Williamson

India: Kohli, Gill, Rohit sharma, Sheryas Iyer.

South africa: Makram, Quinton(he retired from odi but I think he's still playing t20), klaseen, Van der dussan

England: Currently no one as the whole team is put of form, but in 2019 which was their peak, the whole team is > babar Azam's peak and career wise babar azam's peak is 2021.

^^ SENA and India are the top dawgs.

The fact that you don't understand that different players have different roles in their sides shows you don't understand cricket.

Babar is 29. most batters peak around 32.

The fact that your comparing someone like Ravindra who has played 50 odd games over 3 formats to Babar shows you have zero credibility and sincerity

The fact that you don't understand that different players have different roles in their sides shows you don't understand cricket.

Virat kohli was far superior to babar when he was 29.

You didn't actually counter me and identify or address why any of what I said is wrong.

With the WC starting within the next 2 months, PCB has definitely picked a "magnificent" time to test the bench strength.

Also, it's well over time to announce the squad. PCB are consistent at being abysmal.

Now your switching topics with Kohli.

When did 29 ever mean you have to achieve xyz become a benchmark to gauge anything ???.

Now your switching topics with Kohli.

When did 29 ever mean you have to achieve xyz become a benchmark to gauge anything ???.

You claimed 32 is the bechmark for a batsmen to peak, not only did you make that claim with zero proof or evidence, I highlighted kohli at 29 to explain to you why what you claimed is wrong on all fundamental accounts, as kohli clearly doesn't adhere to your 32 rule.

Bro, I didn't provide you with proof of negatives, so yes it's tangible to counter.

Tbf to babar and rizwan, we should appreciate that their extremely consistent.

The thing that's holding fakhar back from being world class is that he can't play consistently, if he could consistently score 40-60 scores and occasionally hit a massive 150+ score he'd be world class but fakhar 95% of the time is a tail ender.

Saim also hasn't been consistently at all, The problem with babar and rizwan isn't consistency, their consistent, its soft scoring, their issue is 95% of the time their scores don't matter against top quality teams. A good example being where none of babar's 50's in the world cup mattered.
There is no point in being a consistent loser.

The aim of this series will be different for both sides which is why I am banking on a Pakistani clean sweep.

The aim for NZ will be identify a couple of players who could be part of final squad.

The aim for Babar and Rizwan will be to cement their opening spots and to make sure that fans call them world class.

Winning will be a primary target for both teams but for Babar and Rizwan it is a necessity, while for NZ it is a bonus.

That tells you all.

The aim of this series will be different for both sides which is why I am banking on a Pakistani clean sweep.

The aim for NZ will be identify a couple of players who could be part of final squad.

The aim for Babar and Rizwan will be to cement their opening spots and to make sure that fans call them world class.

Winning will be a primary target for both teams but for Babar and Rizwan it is a necessity, while for NZ it is a bonus.

That tells you all.
- Made up the goals of both teams which just so happens to perfectly support my agenda.
- “That tells you all.”

Bro be serious

- Made up the goals of both teams which just so happens to perfectly support my agenda.
- “That tells you all.”

Bro be serious

Made up goals?

One side is sending a fringe C team with 8 of first choice players not coming.

Other side will play their best 11 potentially.

Did I make this up also?

There is no point in being a consistent loser.
The thing is, Babar and rizwan won't lose all games where they score.

But they will lose the important ones.

I wish these 2 would suck it up and bat lower down the order or not bat at all

That tells you all.
This already happened in 2023 lol, history is repeating itself 😂

For game 1, our batting order should start in reverse order let's see if we can make something into Sunil Narine

For game 1, our batting order should start in reverse order let's see if we can make something into Sunil Narine

Made up goals?

One side is sending a fringe C team with 8 of first choice players not coming.

Other side will play their best 11 potentially.

Did I make this up also?
New Zealand played their full strength team in January. The only reason they’re not playing their full strength team now is because many of their stars are playing in the IPL. Also it’s funny how you guys will just add any letter after their team name to try to emphasize your point. “Fringe C team” is actually their best players besides the ones who are in IPL, that’s the definition of a B team not D/E/F/G team or whatever you want to call them.

Also if Babar and Rizwan are not the opening pair are you going to retract what you said? Or if Shaheen Shah is rested for some matches as the reporting had thus far stated? I’m tired of all of the claims that get made without evidence or proof. And then when they do not come to fruition, no one ever corrects themselves or acknowledges that they were wrong. If our opening pair remains as Babar/Rizwan and Saim is not opening, then I will be right next to you to criticize it.

New Zealand played their full strength team in January. The only reason they’re not playing their full strength team now is because many of their stars are playing in the IPL. Also it’s funny how you guys will just add any letter after their team name to try to emphasize your point. “Fringe C team” is actually their best players besides the ones who are in IPL, that’s the definition of a B team not D/E/F/G team or whatever you want to call them.

Also if Babar and Rizwan are not the opening pair are you going to retract what you said? Or if Shaheen Shah is rested for some matches as the reporting had thus far stated? I’m tired of all of the claims that get made without evidence or proof. And then when they do not come to fruition, no one ever corrects themselves or acknowledges that they were wrong. If our opening pair remains as Babar/Rizwan and Saim is not opening, then I will be right next to you to criticize it.
It's a c team, they sent their B team last year.

Look at their b team vs their current team. It's just that their c team is so Overpowered to us It's a b team, considering our b team would get demolished by this team that they sent.

It's a c team, they sent their B team last year.

Look at their b team vs their current team. It's just that their c team is so Overpowered to us It's a b team, considering our b team would get demolished by this team that they sent.
C team means that the players are not in their first 11 players to be selected OR their second 11 players to be selected. But rather in their 3rd 11 to be played.

This is literally a few players from their very best team that they select like Finn Allen + Chapman and other players who are either first 11 selections or very close to it like Milne/Sears/Siefert and some other selections from their 2nd best 11.

Literally by the definition of the word it’s a mixture of their A/B teams.

The fact that your comparing someone like Ravindra who has played 50 odd games over 3 formats to Babar shows you have zero credibility and sincerity
On the contrary, most batters start their decline around 32-33. The peak years are 28-32.

C team means that the players are not in their first 11 players to be selected OR their second 11 players to be selected. But rather in their 3rd 11 to be played.

This is literally a few players from their very best team that they select like Finn Allen + Chapman and other players who are either first 11 selections or very close to it like Milne/Sears/Siefert and some other selections from their 2nd best 11.

Literally by the definition of the word it’s a mixture of their A/B teams.
Lol, your definition is correct, but I think you're taking it a bit too literal fam.

Again you're correct but when people claim c teams or b teams, they use it In a comparison context.

This team NZ is sending is weaker then the team they sent against us last year, which in turn is weaker then their world cup squad.

Hence A > B > C

That's the logic and context that people are talking about lol. But again your definition isn't wrong, just not contextually correct as to what people usually mean.

Lol, your definition is correct, but I think you're taking it a bit too literal fam.

Again you're correct but when people claim c teams or b teams, they use it In a comparison context.

This team NZ is sending is weaker then the team they sent against us last year, which in turn is weaker then their world cup squad.

Hence A > B > C

That's the logic and context that people are talking about lol. But again your definition isn't wrong, just not contextually correct as to what people usually mean.
I agree that I’m taking it literally but the reason is because some people get carried away. I see some people calling these kinds of teams C teams, D teams, etc. And it’s like yeah, I agree they’re not full strength, but half of these players are gonna be in New Zealand’s World Cup squad and some of them will be in the starting XI!

I’m pretty sure even Bracewall who will not be in the starting XI has troubled Babar in the past. Look at his numbers, he is like Imad Wasim but 10x better. He has a higher batting average, higher batting strike than Imad. And he has a lower bowling average, strike rate, and economy.

What I’m saying is that, yes this is not their full strength team but the team is good enough that we can find out some important things about our team. Like we can start to figure out who our 3rd and 4th pacers will be, try to test some opening combinations, etc

I agree that I’m taking it literally but the reason is because some people get carried away. I see some people calling these kinds of teams C teams, D teams, etc. And it’s like yeah, I agree they’re not full strength, but half of these players are gonna be in New Zealand’s World Cup squad and some of them will be in the starting XI!

I’m pretty sure even Bracewall who will not be in the starting XI has troubled Babar in the past. Look at his numbers, he is like Imad Wasim but 10x better. He has a higher batting average, higher batting strike than Imad. And he has a lower bowling average, strike rate, and economy.

What I’m saying is that, yes this is not their full strength team but the team is good enough that we can find out some important things about our team. Like we can start to figure out who our 3rd and 4th pacers will be, try to test some opening combinations, etc
The reason NZ sends these teams is to prepare for the wc. They use the IPL + this series to determine who's front runner

If it wasnt for the IPL and the squad that they sent against us last year, NZ wouldn't have even considered the idea of rachin opening, darly Mitchell being the perfect no 4, Mark Chapman being an ideal no 7 who can complement Phillips.

It's because of IPL and Their c string tour they figured out who to take, and who to leave out like will young was left out in favour of rachin( although will was still 3rd opener as backup)

NZ knows how to build a team but Pakistan does not. They don't panic when they lose in meangliess series but we tend to panic and get scared as if losing to Afghanistan with our b string 2-1 is the end of the world. It is not, our main string struggles to beat them, so idkw people are mad at us losing when NZ doesn't care.

Who did we cultivate and groom in the period where NZ managed to groom 3 players especially rachin and mitchell?

Unlike NZ we

1) Brought in Abdullah without giving him any games until asia cup in the last match, like why? Dude has 7 List A games only, he managed to make a 52 and 111 against Sri Lanka but was clueless against any average bowling side? Why was he given more games.

2) Brought in saud for agha last minute, we didn't play saud even once or experiment even like NZ did with rachin and mitchell, Instead we made him play out of position. Saud played one game only against NZ, then was brought in warmups and expected to perform on a WC stage.

3) Tayyab who was on the squad was dropped without getting a single game.

4) Haris, Abrar were never tested, even iftikhar was brought in haphazardly last minute in the ,NZ series .

In the warmup games we didn't experiment with anyone, Australia even trolled us and experimented with their whole unit in a warmup, whereas in our warmups, the biggest experiment we did was drop rizwan for one warmup game lol 😭😭.

Every bat in the warmups made a 50 and was declaring themselves out due to it being a warmup but babar declared himself when he got 100? Like bruh. We didn't experiment with any combo even, our biggest experiment was bringing Abdullah at 3 in one warmup and having Bobby bat at no 6, but thats it.

Whereas NZ and Aus swipswopped their entire batting order.

Pakistan had horrible prep and doesn't know how to prepare a team at all.

Pakistan will play full strength vs B team of nz (your words) to thrash them.

Babar and Rizwan will score plenty of runs and fans will be going crazy.

Only to lose it all in World Cup and fans will say they were out of form.

Keep watching.

Good luck.

On the contrary, most batters start their decline around 32-33. The peak years are 28-32.
It varies from player to player. There is nothing set in stone

Players go on for a lot longer nowadays with advanced fitness methods and training as well as the fact it is seen as a profession rather than a hobby.

Virat kohli was far superior to babar when he was 29.

You didn't actually counter me and identify or address why any of what I said is wrong.
Which part of comparing someone with 50 odd games with Babar do you think is not countering what you said was wrong???.

Babar has shattered many records including some kohli ones.

Its up to you to carry out your own research.

5-0 loading now?

---------------------

Allen and Milne ruled out of Pakistan T20 Series | Blundell and Foulkes in

Finn Allen and Adam Milne have been ruled out of the BLACKCAPS T20 Series against Pakistan.

Allen suffered a back injury and Milne an ankle injury while training ahead of this evening's departure.

The nature of their respective injuries meant they wouldn’t be able to take part in any of the five match series, due to start next week in Rawalpindi.

Plans for their return to cricket will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

Wicketkeeper batsman Tom Blundell and all-rounder Zak Foulkes have been called into the squad as replacements.

Foulkes joins a BLACKCAPS squad for the first time, while the experienced Blundell toured Pakistan last year and will provide solid cover in terms of wicket-keeping and top order batting.

BLACKCAPS coach Gary Stead said the injury setbacks were unfortunate on the eve of the tour.

“We feel for both Finn and Adam, suffering injuries so close to the start of the tour. They have been strong performers for us in the T20 format since the last World Cup.

“Our support staff and medical networks will be working closely with both players over the next few weeks to complete plans for their treatment and subsequent return to cricket.”

Stead said both Blundell and Foulkes would add strong skill sets to the group.

“Tom is a highly experienced player and along with his wicketkeeping and batting skillsets is a leader in any group he is a part of. He also brings recent experience in the conditions, having taken part in both tours to Pakistan last year.

“Zak has had an impressive season for Canterbury including being their leading wicket taker in all three competitions. He has displayed impressive skills with the ball, particularly in T20 cricket for the Kings.

"We also know he has skills with the bat and it will be an excellent opportunity for him to be part of the group.”

BLACKCAPS players and support staff depart from Auckland to Pakistan this evening.

Tom Bruce was considered for selection but made himself unavailable for family reasons and to continue with his current contract with Lancashire.

NZC

Haha.

Seems like Babar and Rizwan are going to play all 5 games.
They would have played in any case but the point is that the only 2 players that could have caused huge trouble for Pakistan were henry and allen and they are also injured now. It is basically a c-team now with the likes of Kane or Rachin or Mitchell opted to give importance to leagues instead of their country.

Last edited:
They would have played in any case but the point is that the only 2 players that could have caused huge trouble for Pakistan were henry and fallen and they are also injured now. It is basically a c-team now with the likes of Kane or Rachin or Mitchell opted to give importance to leagues instead of their country.
It was always a C team.

It's just Babar and Riz fans who were trying to make it a B team or A minus team to give importance to runs that they will end up scoring against 3rd class attack.

Pak should go with

1. Saim
2. Fakhar
3. Usman
4. Saud
5. Shadab
6. Imad.
7. Azam (wk) no option i guess
8. Naseem
9. Shaheen
10. Amir
11.Abrar

There is no need for Babar and Rizwan to be playing this team.

They can play vs Ireland and England tours.

It was always a C team.

It's just Babar and Riz fans who were trying to make it a B team or A minus team to give importance to runs that they will end up scoring against 3rd class attack.

Pak should go with

1. Saim
2. Fakhar
3. Usman
4. Saud
5. Shadab
6. Imad.
7. Azam (wk) no option i guess
8. Naseem
9. Shaheen
10. Amir
11.Abrar

There is no need for Babar and Rizwan to be playing this team.

They can play vs Ireland and England tours.
I think we should be playing the team that is going to play the world cup most probably. I would like to see Babar/saim up top and rizwan rested. Bring usman and fakhar in at 3 and 4.

So, no Finn Allen or Adam Milne.

This is literally a "Z" team now with Boult, Southee, Milne, Allen, Phillips, Ferguson, Santner, Rachin, Conway, Kane, Daryll, Latham, Nicholls,Will Young all missing out.

Watch Babar run past the inner circle after scoring his 100. His scream after his milestone would make you think he’s playing in a World Cup final against NZ’s first XI.

We may see a salute and a couple of push ups from Rizwan after the Kakul camp.

We may even see a shortage of cakes in Pakistan, so many records are set to be broken in this series.

Shaheen will do his usual eagle celebration against a batsman who’s wearing pads for the first time.

Azam Khan might get past 10 runs.

Why plan a series when the IPL is going on? I'm sure most of the NZ big guns would have played most of this series if it was not scheduled when the IPL is on as it's getting close to the T20 World Cup.

Now we have a pointless series against NZ's C Team with little crowds. If Azam Khan hits a 50 he will be selected for the T20 World Cup which will be a disaster.

Why plan a series when the IPL is going on? I'm sure most of the NZ big guns would have played most of this series if it was not scheduled when the IPL is on as it's getting close to the T20 World Cup.

Now we have a pointless series against NZ's C Team with little crowds. If Azam Khan hits a 50 he will be selected for the T20 World Cup which will be a disaster.
It works both ways

Babar and Rizwan will also reconfirm their positions as T20 openers.

Match officials announced for Pakistan vs New Zealand T20I series

The Pakistan Cricket Board today announced match officials for the Pakistan versus New Zealand five-match T20I series, which is set to be played from 18 April to 27 April in Rawalpindi and Lahore.

Andy Pycroft, a member of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Match Referees, will lead the playing control team that includes five umpires, namely Ahsan Raza (elite panelist), Aleem Dar, Asif Yaqoob, Faisal Afridi and Rashid Riaz (all from the ICC’s international panel), who will share umpiring responsibilities.

Pycroft, a former Zimbabwe Test batter, has to date refereed in 144 T20Is. When he will stand in the second T20I on 20 April, he will move ahead of Sri Lanka’s Ranjan Madugalle in second place in the list of match referees to officiate in most T20Is. The list is headed by New Zealand’s Jeff Crowe (175).

The Pindi Stadium will stage the opening three T20Is on 18, 20 and 21 April before action will move to Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium where the last two matches will be played on 25 and 27 April.

Umpire and match referee appointments:

18 April – First T20I. Ahsan Raza and Aleem Dar (on-field umpires), Faisal Afridi (third umpire), Rashid Riaz (fourth umpire); Andy Pycroft (match referee)

20 April – Second T20I. Asif Yaqoob and Aleem Dar (on-field umpires), Ahsan Raza (third umpire), Faisal Afridi (fourth umpire); Andy Pycroft (match referee)

21 April – Third T20I. Ahzan Raza and Asif Yaqoob (on-field umpires), Rashid Riaz (third umpire), Aleem Dar (fourth umpire); Andy Pycroft (match referee)

25 April – Fourth T20I. Faisal Afridi and Rashid Riaz (on-field umpires), Asif Yaqoob (third umpire), Ahsan Raza (fourth umpire); Andy Pycroft (match referee)

27 April – Rashid Riaz and Faisal Afridi (on-field umpires), Aleem Dar (third umpire), Asif Yaqoob (fourth umpire); Andy Pycroft (match referee)

PCB

T20I series: New Zealand team arrives in Islamabad tomorrow​

New Zealand team will land in Islamabad on Sunday for their five-match T20I series against Pakistan, to be played from April 14 to 28.

As per schedule, Pakistan team will train at the Pindi Cricket Stadium on Monday, while New Zealand has opted to rest on the day.

Pakistan and New Zealand will train at the Pindi Cricket Stadium on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Both captains Babar Azam of Pakistan and New Zealand’s Michael Bracewell will take part in pre-series photoshoot followed by their pre-series media conferences on Wednesday.

Both teams will play the first T20I on April 18.

Pakistan and New Zealand are scheduled to train at the Pindi Cricket Stadium on April 19.

The two sides will play back to back matches on April 20 and 21 and then will travel to Lahore on April 22.

Source: Dunya News

Islamabad: The Pakistan cricket team has reached the team hotel.

Pakistan's head coach, Azhar Mahmood, has arrived in Islamabad and will join the team.

The Pakistan team will start their practice sessions from Monday evening.

The first T20 International between Pakistan and New Zealand will be played in Rawalpindi on April 18.

1713118945425.jpeg1713118959414.jpeg

1713118983199.jpeg1713118999109.jpeg

Mark Chapman speaking during Pakistan vs New Zealand 1st T20 Pre-game presser:

“We're missing a couple of players, but we've got a really exciting team here and a lot of talent, and I think it'll be a really good opportunity for them to put their hands up. And hopefully, similar to last year, it can be an exciting series.”

“Any team that plays for New Zealand is a team that’s extremely proud to be representing our country. It’s an amazing opportunity to show the depth that we’re building in New Zealand. Obviously, the team generally has been pretty settled, but behind the scenes, there’s a lot of talent.”

“The young guys like Ben Sears and Will O’Rourke, who have played this year in Test Cricket, have really impressed. Also, Tim Robertson was outstanding this year in the Super Smash. The guys are really excited because they know that it’s a full-strength Pakistan team and they’re one of the hardest teams to beat in their own conditions. So our team is really looking forward to the prospect of playing a full-strength Pakistan team.”

Mark Chapman on Mohammad Amir:

“He’s a quality bowler. We’re well aware of the skills he possesses. Pakistan’s not short of some fast-bowling talent. It’s pretty competitive in their ranks, but it’s pretty cool to see him back.”

The New Zealand team has already arrived in Pakistan and is set to commence the five-match series on Thursday at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium. New Zealand batter Henry Nicholls expressed his confidence in the safety in Pakistan during an interview with a local Indian media outlet:

"It's massive. It's obviously the last time that the team, the T20 side, plays any international games before the World Cup. While a few guys are missing due to the IPL at the moment, it's certainly a great opportunity for other guys to get an opportunity. And I think we've seen in the last couple of years, certainly for us as a country, the number of domestic cricketers who have come through with an opportunity have really grasped it. So, I'm certainly excited to watch that. There's a couple of really promising young players and they've certainly got into the top of the order. Tim Robinson had a massive impact in our Super Smash competition. It would be great to watch him take on a really good Pakistan side."

"We seem to have been there a bit in the last few years. From the players' point of view, we feel incredibly safe. We've been looked after really well by Pakistan when we've been there. Each time I've been there, I felt safe and the security has been top-notch."

Last edited:
Hope Chacha gets injured in this series. I don’t want to see him in WC newyork vs Canada

New Zealand batting coach Luke Ronchi speaking during an interview:

When asked about his relationship with Pakistan:

"It’s the cultural thing, I think, is a big thing because you get to know different people and understand how they work as well. And from a coaching point of view, you get to work with some amazing players. I got to play with some amazing players as well and sort of understand what makes them tick and how much they enjoy playing their cricket and what sort of fun times and aspirations they have as well. So to be involved with the PSL with Islamabad United for as long as I have been and still have conversations with people involved there, I really enjoy that. And I think those guys as well, I think they appreciate that relationship as well”.

When asked about his learnings and favorite memory from HBL PSL:

“It’s the cultural thing. I think you get to learn different bits of the world. I really enjoy that part of playing different leagues around the world and the PSL was one of them. And I think I get from that as well. There were some T10s and different competitions. I got to play with a lot of the Pakistani players so that was fantastic. So to, yeah like I said earlier, to be involved with them has been a lot of fun. And again, we play Pakistan quite a bit at the moment so it’s quite cool to bump into them and have conversations with them all and see how they’re tracking in their careers as well, it’s quite cool.”

“It’s like winning the PSL when we did in 2018. I think it was my first year in the competition and we had a great team and a great culture going on. We had a lot of fun and I think you saw that again this year with how well they played and they ended up winning the competition again. So the more fun you have when you’re doing those sorts of leagues is how I think you see teams winning. So to see Islamabad doing as well as they have done, it’s fantastic to watch.”

When asked about the competition between Pakistan and New Zealand:

“Yeah, that’s what international cricket now is. You get used to playing a lot of the teams on a regular basis and you understand players and how they play. But again, you also see how players adapt to playing against the opposition because, I guess in a way, you sort of know how they’re going to play. You know the basics of what they want to try and do. So hopefully, from a coaching point of view, you can actually help players adapt and evolve their game to make sure the next time you play someone, they’ve added something extra to their game. And then you sort of try and see how the results go from there. So it’s quite exciting to see the series we’ve had against each other sort of chop and change. There’s a few ups and downs for both sides so I think that’s quite an exciting evolution through the series and a prospect for the series coming up as well.”

When asked about Pakistan’s squad for the upcoming T20I World Cup:

“They’ve always been really strong. I think Pakistan have got some highly talented players and that’s what we know coming into a series like this. So uh, we also know that they’ve got a drive and an aspiration to be at the World Cup in however long, six weeks’ time or whatever it is. So we’ve got players in our side as well in the same position so it’s quite an interesting fact to watch players go about their business and their aspirations to go to a World Cup. So every team, especially in this sort of series, we’re both here to win games of cricket and we’re both here to produce some players and hopefully push those players for World Cup positions. So it’ll be quite an exciting series for both teams.”​

Ish Sodhi's post-match conference after New Zealand's defeat against Pakistan in the 2nd T20:

“Historically, it’s been a really flat pitch that scores a lot of runs and that sort of thing. But I think it might be something to do with the weather. There’s been a lot of rain around. I know some of the Pakistani boys said it might spin a little bit because of the weather, so maybe that moisture added that spin.”

“I think any experience for a lot of these young guys is a positive one. Some of them haven’t played cricket in Asia at all, so the chance to come here and be tested against the best is invaluable. Sure, we didn’t get the result or the runs that we wanted today, but the learning they can take from that to make them better players in the future is brilliant. I think we’re really fortunate that we get to play some of our players to increase our depth with a lot of great players at the IPL, and that’s a real positive thing.”

“The wicket was spinning a bit, making it quite challenging to score. Many of the players lack experience in these conditions, and the bowlers performed exceptionally well. Yes, the wicket was a bit slower, but watch how the Pakistani bowlers utilized the conditions. They did it so well. We would have liked more runs. Perhaps we could have assessed that a score of 120-130 might have been reasonable. But that comes with experience. A lot of our top-order hasn’t played much cricket.”

“There are a few guys who got starts, but we couldn’t capitalize on them. You can’t really do that in T20 cricket. The positive side is that they’re going to learn from us, they’re going to get better. The more we test ourselves against some of the great bowlers that Pakistan has, the better we’ll get.”

“I think we’re really fortunate to have the security provided that we have. We’re very thankful for it. They’ve been very accommodating. Unfortunately, some of our top players are participating in the IPL, which is a prestigious tournament. They’ve been there for a long time.”

“Sadly, they’re not here. But for us, it’s a great opportunity to see some of our young players. I’d be interested if they went out there and scored a lot of runs in the next game. Hopefully, we can put on a good show for the fans. But it’s certainly not due to a lack of effort.”

“These very talented young boys in the team work really hard. Unfortunately, we didn’t get over the line today. But I’m sure that in the next three or four games, you’ll see glimpses of high-quality players. They are the future of New Zealand cricket and it’s brilliant to see them being tested against the likes of Shaheen Shah and seeing Mohammad Amir back is amazing.”

“I believe the guys trained exceptionally hard. The young ones are incredibly talented. If you look at them in our domestic side, they are players of international quality. In T20 cricket, it sometimes happens that you don’t score the runs you aim for, and you end up on the losing side. However, some of these guys are extremely talented. I have complete faith in them. Regardless of the results, they are very good players. Hopefully, at some stage during the series, we can demonstrate that. We still have three matches left.”

“We’re always trying to win cricket games. I’m sure we’ll all go back and assess what we can do better for the next few games, both individually and as a team. We can’t really think about it too much because we have another game in less than 24 hours.”

I think it was a tough pitch, and every time we tried to take a risk, it sort of went the other way. We lost wickets, and when you lose wickets in clumps, it’s really hard to score a defendabble total in T20 cricket. Today, 91 runs wasn’t enough. Maybe 120 or 130 might have posed a slightly bigger challenge for Pakistan. Perhaps assessing that in the middle might be something that we talk about, like taking risks at the right and wrong times. But as I said, in T20 cricket, things can happen. Players are looking to score boundaries, and sometimes wickets fall.”

“But we can’t take anything away from the high-quality Pakistani bowling lineup. We’ve played them at full strength. They’ve beaten us. We’re playing them with a few young guys who are on debut, and they’ve bowled really well. As I said, it’s an experience that they can take and learn from. It’s something that we can all take and learn from, and that’s what we’ll try to do.”

That’s a pretty horrible thing to wish upon someone.
He's obsessed with him. Some of the stuff this poster has posted about iftikhar is pathetic to say the least. Since I defend his pathetic hate. Now I am called an iftikhar's fan lol.

Ish Sodhi's post-match conference after New Zealand's defeat against Pakistan in the 2nd T20:

“Historically, it’s been a really flat pitch that scores a lot of runs and that sort of thing. But I think it might be something to do with the weather. There’s been a lot of rain around. I know some of the Pakistani boys said it might spin a little bit because of the weather, so maybe that moisture added that spin.”

“I think any experience for a lot of these young guys is a positive one. Some of them haven’t played cricket in Asia at all, so the chance to come here and be tested against the best is invaluable. Sure, we didn’t get the result or the runs that we wanted today, but the learning they can take from that to make them better players in the future is brilliant. I think we’re really fortunate that we get to play some of our players to increase our depth with a lot of great players at the IPL, and that’s a real positive thing.”

“The wicket was spinning a bit, making it quite challenging to score. Many of the players lack experience in these conditions, and the bowlers performed exceptionally well. Yes, the wicket was a bit slower, but watch how the Pakistani bowlers utilized the conditions. They did it so well. We would have liked more runs. Perhaps we could have assessed that a score of 120-130 might have been reasonable. But that comes with experience. A lot of our top-order hasn’t played much cricket.”

“There are a few guys who got starts, but we couldn’t capitalize on them. You can’t really do that in T20 cricket. The positive side is that they’re going to learn from us, they’re going to get better. The more we test ourselves against some of the great bowlers that Pakistan has, the better we’ll get.”

“I think we’re really fortunate to have the security provided that we have. We’re very thankful for it. They’ve been very accommodating. Unfortunately, some of our top players are participating in the IPL, which is a prestigious tournament. They’ve been there for a long time.”

“Sadly, they’re not here. But for us, it’s a great opportunity to see some of our young players. I’d be interested if they went out there and scored a lot of runs in the next game. Hopefully, we can put on a good show for the fans. But it’s certainly not due to a lack of effort.”

“These very talented young boys in the team work really hard. Unfortunately, we didn’t get over the line today. But I’m sure that in the next three or four games, you’ll see glimpses of high-quality players. They are the future of New Zealand cricket and it’s brilliant to see them being tested against the likes of Shaheen Shah and seeing Mohammad Amir back is amazing.”

“I believe the guys trained exceptionally hard. The young ones are incredibly talented. If you look at them in our domestic side, they are players of international quality. In T20 cricket, it sometimes happens that you don’t score the runs you aim for, and you end up on the losing side. However, some of these guys are extremely talented. I have complete faith in them. Regardless of the results, they are very good players. Hopefully, at some stage during the series, we can demonstrate that. We still have three matches left.”

“We’re always trying to win cricket games. I’m sure we’ll all go back and assess what we can do better for the next few games, both individually and as a team. We can’t really think about it too much because we have another game in less than 24 hours.”

I think it was a tough pitch, and every time we tried to take a risk, it sort of went the other way. We lost wickets, and when you lose wickets in clumps, it’s really hard to score a defendabble total in T20 cricket. Today, 91 runs wasn’t enough. Maybe 120 or 130 might have posed a slightly bigger challenge for Pakistan. Perhaps assessing that in the middle might be something that we talk about, like taking risks at the right and wrong times. But as I said, in T20 cricket, things can happen. Players are looking to score boundaries, and sometimes wickets fall.”

“But we can’t take anything away from the high-quality Pakistani bowling lineup. We’ve played them at full strength. They’ve beaten us. We’re playing them with a few young guys who are on debut, and they’ve bowled really well. As I said, it’s an experience that they can take and learn from. It’s something that we can all take and learn from, and that’s what we’ll try to do.”
Good to hear that ISH likes the security measures here. Security is always top notch for international teams so this should be enough for all those who were saying in the past that Pakistan is not a safe country to travel and play cricket.

Back