New Zealand tour of Pakistan (2024)

Predict outcome of the 5-match T20I series between Pakistan and New Zealand

• Total voters
New Zealand Cricket's Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Scott Weenink called on Chairman Pakistan Cricket Board, Mohsin Naqvi at the PCB headquarters, Gaddafi Stadium, They discussed the upcoming Pakistan-New Zealand cricket series and the next year's cricket series in New Zealand. The Pakistan cricket team will visit New Zealand next year after the Champions Trophy.

The team will play 5 T20s and 3 ODIs.Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi thanked the CEO of New Zealand Cricket for the cricket series, saying that the security of Kiwi players is of utmost importance and we have made foolproof arrangements for the security of the players. The Kiwi players are our esteemed guests, and it is our responsibility to take care of them. Mohsin Naqvi said that he is personally monitoring all the arrangements and security plans.

Scott Weenink, CEO of New Zealand Cricket, praised the excellent arrangements made in Pakistan and thanked Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi. He said that the best arrangements have been made for the New Zealand cricket team in Rawalpindi and Lahore. The CEO of New Zealand Cricket was delighted to see the excellent arrangements in Rawalpindi and Lahore. The New Zealand cricket team will come to Pakistan to play a three-nation series before the Champions Trophy.Salman Naseer, Chief Operating Officer PCB, and Usman Wahla, Director International Cricket were also present on this occasion.

This is good for the white ball squad but we need more focus on the pinnacle which is test cricket.

They should of added tests as well unless there was a scheduling reason.

We need more emphasis on our red ball cricket and should be targeting the test championship.

Test cricket makes players.

PAK vs NZ: Strict action set to be taken against online gambling

Strict action is likely to be taken against online gambling during the ongoing T20I series between Pakistan and New Zealand.

According to Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Lahore Bilal Siddique Kamyana, intelligence-based raids will be carried out to apprehend the gamblers.

A total of 423 cases have been registered against gamblers this year, Kamyana added. The CCPO also confirmed that 1863 gamblers were arrested while also recovering an amount in excess of Rs5.4 million.

Pakistan will host New Zealand in the final T20I of the five-match series at the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, on Saturday where they would aim to end it on a positive note.

Having lost in their previous two matches, there is no room for error as despite having a full-strength squad, Babar Azam’s men trail the five-match series by 2-1 against a relatively inexperienced New Zealand team.

The hopes of clinching the series are gone, Pakistan, at best, can draw it by winning the last match and this is what the Green Shirts will have in mind when they will take the field on Saturday.

While there’s still hope of levelling the series with a win on Saturday, the Men in Green would play their best playing XI as it would be essential to not end up on the losing side with T20 World Cup 2024 around the corner.

GEOSUPER

NZ coach proud of T20 fightback in Pakistan

New Zealand coach Gary Stead said he was proud of the way his inexperienced side bounced back to draw their Twenty20 series with Pakistan even if it is unlikely that many of the tourists will make his World Cup squad.

The Black Caps fell short of clinching the series when they were unable to chase down 179 for victory in Lahore on Saturday and lost by nine runs to share the series 2-2.

Stead, who will name his squad for June's World Cup in the United States and Caribbean on Monday, was content with that turnaround after a seven-wicket thrashing in the first match to be completed in Rawalpindi.

"I'm very proud of the way our team played," Stead told reporters from Lahore.

"We had a disappointing first hit out and where we were soundly beaten but to bounce back from that I thought was really pleasing and I think there's a few young guys that have certainly increased their stocks over here.

"Let's not forget Pakistan only two years ago were World Cup finalists and ... for us to compete with them I think was really, really pleasing for us."

With nine first-choice players unavailable because of Indian Premier League duties and test skipper Tim Southee rested, the touring squad was pretty much a second-string outfit.

Promising opener Tim Robinson won his first T20 cap on the tour and scored 51 off 36 to anchor New Zealand's innings in the fourth match but missed Saturday's clash with a groin injury.

Seamer Will O'Rourke also impressed in his first T20 international series with a Man of the Match performance in the fourth match, taking 3-27 from his four overs.

Stead said all players in the international set-up needed to keep working even if they missed out on the World Cup squad on Monday given that replacements were likely to be needed at some stage.

"We've obviously got a number of guys in the IPL that will either join us when they get knocked out of the IPL or join us immediately after that when we travel to the West Indies," he said.

"So the guys will still be working hard. There'll be a number of fringe players who miss selection who will want to keep training as well just in case of injury," he said.

SOURCE: hindustan times

Back