New Zealand v England | 3rd Test | Auckland | March 22-26, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens well played NZ! You have been excellent this test

Needs to get a yorker in I think. Can go either way..

Need one yorker. Boult can do it, he bowled a great one to Broad (sadly overturned)

Why on earth is cover open, and why is there no short leg? Field is too orthodox

What do they need to talk about for half an hour? Just block the ball ffs.

England don't deserve a drawn series, they've been completely outplayed in 2/3 Tests

And it's a draw. Great game but a big fail by NZ, great for England.

Ecellent Test Match as compared to the one which we saw 4 times in INdia vs AUs...........:p

Hahahaha! What a performance. We are the masters of the rearguard action :)

Fantastic test match.

Now some Stat guy from PP will come after few days and pull up century by Prior with great insight to ignore runs made in draw.

What a luck for Matt Prior though, but he absolutely deserved that luck the way he played later on!

A drawn series flatters them

Harsh to say that England should have lost 2-1, they should have lost 1-0 for use, Test 1 was draw all the way, basically 66 overs lost to rain, and 125/6 would be enough to make it a draw probably. Game 2 should have been England's. This test had loss written all over it.

NZ should have sealed it though.

They had their chances. Eng got lucky but if NZ would have taken Bell early then it would have been more difficult for Eng. Credit goes to Broad, Bell and Prior.

Don't know why everyone is praising Prior

It was a drawn match.

Drawn match means it was a flat pitch.

It was a flat track innings.

#Mr_Khan_Ji

I thought Broad should have been 'umbrellaed' way to early, way before last 6 overs.

Congrats England. Prior is a future ATG. McCullum botched the declaration though.

Kiwis can walk away the better team though.

England know that they should have lost. The return series should be fun to watch.

I wouldn't have minded the Kiwis winning 1-0, I like them as my second team. Only reason I wouldn't want it is because I don't want India to usurp us at #2

Eh, NZ were 400 runs ahead - and took 5 wickets all day. It was about as straightforward a victory march as they could have hoped for, and they blew it. So did they really deserve to beat England? It's debatable.

Amazing game! Gutted we couldn't win it but credit to Matty Prior, Bell, Boult, Southee, Wagner, Williamson and Martin. Amazing game still hyped up atm lol

They had their chances. Eng got lucky but if NZ would have taken Bell early then it would have been more difficult for Eng. Credit goes to Broad, Bell and Prior.

Yeh, at the end one can say both team fought it well, NZ had upper hand with better performance, but England soaked the pressure better.

But 140 odd overs should always be sufficient.

Yaah, but was there any point in not declare around 425 -430? I meant, was there any advantage to keep piling on runs after 420 runs when you have flat wicket. It was sure a bad declaration.

Last edited:
This game brought back memories from that game at Cape town few years back. Stoic Bell, tail resistance and the last over (partly here) played out by a no. 11

Eh, NZ were 400 runs ahead - and took 5 wickets all day. It was about as straightforward a victory march as they could have hoped for, and they blew it. So did they really deserve to beat England? It's debatable.

It was simply England's day, the ball hit the stumps twice but the bails remained unmoved, Bell's drop ultimately cost a lot of deliveries.

Bairstow, 3 and 6 in pressure situations.

Thank god we didn't start him this series.

This game brought back memories from that game at Cape town few years back. Stoic Bell, tail resistance and the last over (partly here) played out by a no. 11

Cardiff with Jimmy/Monty. That game with Onions and Colly?

Well done also to NZ for mucho good cricket and entertainment.

Bet Marshland loved that evening session. :))

NZ give the best end of series presentations. Very formal and sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back