New Zealand v England | 3rd Test | Auckland | March 22-26, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruri

First Class Star
Runs
Bairstow in for KP.

All else the same.

England bowl first after winning the toss.

CricInfo

Pitch report: Even cover of grass on the drop-in surface. Tough conditions early on for the batsmen, says Simon Doull, probably for the first couple of hours, but he also feels the expected pace and bounce should help the batsmen play their shots. He does not think there will be a lot of seam movement, though

Good news, now let's shoot out this bunch of Salieris

Everything But The Wicket.

It'll arrive soon enough.

Gritty stuff from Hamish. Has the other, more obdurate defensive game too. Good signs.

LOL England bowlers being pwned big time...three 6s in the last few overs (Barbie and two off Monty).

Well, the usual is on. Take Anderson out of the attack and suddenly we're toothless on a decent pitch for bowling.

what monty requires to be effective-

early breakthroughs from seamers
a dustbowl
swann

ok im being harsh but herath is better

Why on earth are the playing a test in Eden Park. Not like 70,000 people are going to show up.

Bout time Auckland got a proper test venue the lazy soft cocks.

Shocking that England's three seamers all average above 30 despite playing so many matches in bowler-friendly conditions.

Rutherford gone on 37 to Finn, NZ 79/1.

Can't believe England have made Fulton look good this series, guy's a terrible bat.

Shocking that England's three seamers all average above 30 despite playing so many matches in bowler-friendly conditions.

Finn's under 30. Anderson has been consistently decent and has dragged it down from something like 38 to 30-odd, and Broad is awful.

Broad bowls an innings where he's unplayable and then 4 or 5 where he's completely average to useless.

England has played average cricket throughout this series it as to be said.

Well this game is over. Well done England, completely useless this tour.

England getting pummeled, can't fault bowlers nothing in pitch but why on earth would Cook choose to field first on this road?

New Zealand will minimum need 450 on this wicket as pitch is flat and boundaries are tiny.

Broad bowls an innings where he's unplayable and then 4 or 5 where he's completely average to useless.

England has played average cricket throughout this series it as to be said.

Yep he is very much like Gul who unfortunately of late has made it almost 1 in 10 performances.

I never like watching NZ bat. They may be 173/1 but we can collapse from anywhere so still not confident.

England getting pummeled, can't fault bowlers nothing in pitch but why on earth would Cook choose to field first on this road?

To be fair, McCullum thought the same. It was predicted to be good for bowling early on. And Anderson and Broad in the first 10 overs were superb, two balls beating the bat per over, but after that there's been nothing.

To be fair, McCullum thought the same. It was predicted to be good for bowling early on. And Anderson and Broad in the first 10 overs were superb, two balls beating the bat per over, but after that there's been nothing.

Still though I think England's best chance to win was to bat first pile on a massive first innings score of 500+ and than pile on the pressure, as it is now NZ don't have any scoreboard pressure and England bowlers looking flat.

England tour of New Zealand, 3rd Test: New Zealand v England at Auckland

England might have to settle for a drawn series I think :D

Very good batting by Fulton and Williamson.
The Ball has just been changed.
NZ Should really look to win this Test.

First Delivery from this changed ball and it beats Williamson's bat.

Who is this fulton guy? Eng-NZ matches arent show in BD so i am kinda lost.

Williamson batting well, my favourite batsman from NZ. NZ have some talented batsman, i think they can be a better team than WI and SL if they work hard.

Man this must be as flat as a pancake 236/1 :junaid

The Hobbits should aim for 700+ and try to bowl England out twice in a row

What a pitiful March...we deserve everything we get

Is the pitch belter or NZ batted well or English bowled poorly?

Answer must be lying somewhere in the middle i guess

Congrats 2 Metre fulton for his maiden 100 :14:

Is the pitch belter or NZ batted well or English bowled poorly?

Answer must be lying somewhere in the middle i guess

Congrats 2 Metre fulton for his maiden 100 :14:
Bit of both the pitch is flat and the english didn't use the new ball early on. If Williamson and Fulton bat the first 2 sessions tomorrow we could have Taylor and Mccullium to come in to score quick runs and set England 500-600. Only see one team winning from here unless we bomb in the third.

Bit of both the pitch is flat and the english didn't use the new ball early on. If Williamson and Fulton bat the first 2 sessions tomorrow we could have Taylor and Mccullium to come in to score quick runs and set England 500-600. Only see one team winning from here unless we bomb in the third.

That looks very much a possibility after today's play. NZ indeed need to score over 500 by tea interval tomorrow to enhance the likelihood of result in this game.

I see a NZ resurrection, in few years NZ might be a stronger team than England

NZ kind of deserve to win the series. We've been an embarrassment.

Looks like a combination of flat decks and rain have condemned us to a nil-nil series.

A bit unsatisfying for players and fans.

Mainly due to your over confidence of your own ability and under estimation of ours.

They did just win a series in India, so they're clearly good. But I don't think they took this series seriously enough on an individual level, if that makes sense.

Looks like a combination of flat decks and rain have condemned us to a nil-nil series.

A bit unsatisfying for players and fans.
Lol the funny thing is it hadn't rained in months till you guys toured :)))

So the #2 team can't dominate the #8 team in three out of three attempts.

The Blackcaps are merely profiteering from the English attitude of not paying due importance to series against the lesser nations.

It's not fair to call them lesser nations.

The Blackcaps are merely profiteering from the English attitude of not paying due importance to series against the lesser nations.

Well, it's a bit pointless to do so isn't it? Beating NZ won't prove anything. NZ shouldn't even be in the same division as England.

Well, it's a bit pointless to do so isn't it? Beating NZ won't prove anything. NZ shouldn't even be in the same division as England.

Well, then you're going to be at the receiving end of embarrassments against these guys, recall the 3-0 whitewash against Pakistan?

0-0 versus New Zealand and 0-1 versus the West Indies can't be shrugged off like that. In today's small margins between the various participants atop the rankings, England haven't been consistently at the top for this reason.

^Spot on. The only period of time where we took everyone seriously and won numerous meets on the bounce got us to number 1.

^Spot on. The only period of time where we took everyone seriously and won numerous meets on the bounce got us to number 1.

Even in that period (say 2007-2011), you lost to Sri Lanka, West Indies and India. To be fair, all those series were away. But the point stands.

Even in that period (say 2007-2011), you lost to Sri Lanka, West Indies and India. To be fair, all those series were away. But the point stands.

Even when Australia were indisputably top they lost the odd series so you're asking a bit too much of us there.

But no doubt our attitude has been poor this month.

Even when Australia were indisputably top they lost the odd series so you're asking a bit too much of us there.

I think there was one rare series loss against Sri Lanka in the late-90s, that was all. Everything else was won or drawn, until South Africa came over in 2009. There was a series loss in India in 2001 too, but they were a strong side back then.

Comparing this lacklustre English side to that Australian one is a futile exercise.

Well, then you're going to be at the receiving end of embarrassments against these guys

No, we aren't. Losing to rubbish teams doesn't matter - only winning against good teams matters.

0-0 versus New Zealand and 0-1 versus the West Indies can't be shrugged off like that.

I just shrugged it off.

There is no point playing these people - they are rubbish.

No, we aren't. Losing to rubbish teams doesn't matter - only winning against good teams matters.

I just shrugged it off.

I'd be curious to know what your reaction was after the 3-0 loss against Pakistan, then? Shrugged it off?

I just shrugged it off.

I think you have overtaken that other english fan starting with m for retardedness. I am not sure if we are watching the same game but you can tell that James Anderson is really trying out there. If he didn't care he wouldn't carry on with his over the top celebrations.

Last edited:
I think there was one rare series loss against Sri Lanka in the late-90s, that was all. Everything else was won or drawn, until South Africa came over in 2009. There was a series loss in India in 2001 too, but they were a strong side back then.

Comparing this lacklustre English side to that Australian one is a futile exercise.

I wasn't comparing the two sides directly, I was showing how even any #1 cannot be perfect, a point which in your endeavours to undermine the English at every turn you actually affirmed. :)

I'd be curious to know what your reaction was after the 3-0 loss against Pakistan, then? Shrugged it off?

Yeah most English fans weren't/aren't too bothered about that one at all, I for one was quite happy for Pakistan actually. It's just a game to the English, a lot of other cricket followers who are against us don't seem to get that. We invented these sports as games, not as a matter of life or death.

Too much cricket. The winter's mission was accomplished in India, so this NZ excursion is a sideshow.

Same as the WC which was a sideshow after the more important business of winning the Ashes in Australia.

The players cannot stay motivated all the time. This is why test cricket would benefit from two leagues, so that NZ can play Bangladesh and WI, and get promoted when they find their next Hadlee or Cairns or Bond.

Last edited:
This is why test cricket would benefit from two leagues, so that NZ can play Bangladesh and WI, and get promoted when they find their next Hadlee or Cairns or Bond.

Well we beat Sri Lanka and Australia in tests away, and are now drawing tests against England, the #2 side in the world.

Peter Fulton is a good player, played last summer in the Dutch Cricket League as a Pro....We was unstoppable.

It's a combination of rain, flat pitches, New Zealand playing well and England perhaps being complacent. You can see they have one eye on the Ashes they way they took Swann and KP out of this tour. I'm sure if this had been an ashes series both would have played.

Anyway I have to say I've been disappointed with Finn. Maybe being a bit harsh but he's looked average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back