New Zealand v Pakistan | 2nd Test | Wellington | 19/01/11 | Day 5 | Session 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why I'm staying up to watch it

Hey, Grandpa will wake up and see us through.

YK will go fishing when he's in the late 70's trying to up the run rate.

Realistically, this is either going to be a NZ victory or a draw, isn't it?

Not sure why I'm staying up to watch it

Not really. More chances of a Pakistan win or a draw. An NZ victory would be a surprise.

Not a goddamn SINGLE confident stroke by Misbah ... he is surviving with streak strokes ... just look at his confidence level and PCB is planning to make him captain for the WC
Seriously I hear you. I mean he just scratched his way to 99 in the 1st innings.

Younis looking well set now, Misbah is batting like Misbah does :facepalm:

why on earth is misbah in the WC squad. Useless. He is not capable of scoring more than one run in one over

Midway into the Third day, they have been out for 3 hours. I am content with the performance so far. How about you guys?

Finally a run off Bret "mcGrath" Arnel. who has given 1 run in 3 overs.

Good captaincy from Vettori. Giving nothing away. Arnel and Franklin also bowling according to plan. Dry up the runs and make the batsmen take risks.

These two just need to see out this period at 1 or 2 runs an over. Important not to get out as there's not much experience to come.

Oh wow, its the end of over. Drinks time.

More misbah in the next over--then single of the last ball of the over :facepalm:

d0gers - Do you remember cricket in the 90's to a background score made up of Bollywood vignettes?

Prasad Vs Sohail WC 96 QF to the sound of... of

Muq-Qaala, Muqaabala...

Guys I would rather have Misbah playing at a level where he is comfortable. He doesn't have to score.

Just play out till tea, and then play a T20 (well not a t20, but attack) for fun :yk

Misbah only 2 sixes away from matching Younis SR. It can happen anytime guys afterall its :misbah

At this point I'd rather they draw than go for the win. I can see the rest of the batsman collapsing. This is the only stable partnership.

When I was watching, three wickets fell, I am too scared to turn the tv on. I don't want to jinx anything. Its very hard to resist watching but I am holding out strong.

d0gers - Do you remember cricket in the 90's to a background score made up of Bollywood vignettes?

Prasad Vs Sohail WC 96 QF to the sound of... of

Muq-Qaala, Muqaabala...
Good lord no. That sounds like something Sony/Star Plus would do.

My Bollywood knowledge of that era comes from riding public transport.

The kiwis are not looking as lively as they were in the 1st session. Misbah and YK have done a good job of neutralising the kiwi attack.

i think next 64 runs are very important
if we get those runs without loosing any wicket then we are good to win this test ..

Arnell's pitch map looks great. All of the balls in a single straight line, such accurate and consistent bowling!

Arnel+Franklin have bowled 5 overs for 3 runs

When I was watching, three wickets fell, I am too scared to turn the tv on. I don't want to jinx anything. Its very hard to resist watching but I am holding out strong.

man just go and watch! Jo hona hoga woh toh hoga.

Thank god! end of over. No runs scored.

Yunis can get his 50 now :)

Glad to know; I however wasn't solucky...

My Bollywood knowledge of that era comes from riding public transport.

Hopefully not like this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kk6Bi23Q7-E?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kk6Bi23Q7-E?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
what if YK gets out misbah wont score in the next 20 overs

If a wicket is to fall then it will nothing you me or anyone can do about it, don't believe in the jinxing crap bro, switch it on enjoy the match and watch them win Insha-Allah (Azzawajal)

Didn't expect such immature posts from some posters. These 2 are batting very responsibly and this is what test cricket is about.

Vettori wants a wicket and these 2 are preventing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back