No result in 2nd ODI between Sri Lanka [311] and Bangladesh

It'll be unfair to SRL if thematch is reduced to 25 overs for a target like 170.

I don't like the minimum 20 overs required for a match, it's too low. At least it should be 30 overs, if not 35.

can anyone tell about drainage system and other soaking utility like super sopper etc. in dambula stadium?

Rain just save Bangladesh .Disadvantage for srilanka wet bowl with reduced target feeling sorry for them

Really??? Since when has Duckworth Lewis made such a horrendous task for the chasing team.

South Africa’s task of 22 from 13 balls was reduced after brief rain to 21 required off a single delivery in a notorious World Cup semi-final against England in 1992.

South Africa’s task of 22 from 13 balls was reduced after brief rain to 21 required off a single delivery in a notorious World Cup semi-final against England in 1992.

That game got shortened as per rain rule which was abandoned after this very game and we got much more refined Duckworth Lewis. You should really get upto speed about cricket facts bro!

That game got shortened as per rain rule which was abandoned after this very game and we got much more refined Duckworth Lewis. You should really get upto speed about cricket facts bro!

i am updated.don't worry bro. that system was thattime's d/l system what i was saying

Last edited:
bal bal batch gaya - but I would have loved to see how we react to a tougher target. There was enough time for them to have a reserve day with match carried forward.

Personally this was a good opportunity for us to chase a 300+ score given the form of our batting side as well as the weakness of the opposition bowling.

Bear in mind bangladesh just scored 324 not too long back. Obviously batting first means no scoreboard pressure

So I guess Sri Lanka got lucky because of the rain. Bangladesh will still win 2 - 0 but does not winning 3 - 0 mean that Bangladesh won't move up to 6th in the rankings? Also Bangladesh got robbed off the record of being the first team to chase 300+ in Sri Lanka.

It's been a long time since we played an ODI series in SL.

We used to play them for fun in mid 2000's.

Tharanga is going along nicely but Mendis what the hell. 7 of 24 a sr. of 30. Why doesn't SL drop this kid he is only good for Test.

Lol.

Great temperament shown by Mendis. A player with obvious potential like him needs to be backed by his team and Sri Lanka are doing just that.

So I guess Sri Lanka got lucky because of the rain. Bangladesh will still win 2 - 0 but does not winning 3 - 0 mean that Bangladesh won't move up to 6th in the rankings? Also Bangladesh got robbed off the record of being the first team to chase 300+ in Sri Lanka.

Yeah SL got lucky. How many over do you think BD would have taken to chase this? I would say 25 would have been enough.

Kusal Mendis with a century. He was playing for Southgate CC a couple of years ago and my friend played against him

Normality restored. Bangladeshis are way too optimistic about their chance chasing under lights in SL. No way they were gonna score past 250.

Back