Offical 20/20 (Final) Sialkot v Faisalabad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
Sialkot Stallions vs Faisalabad Wolves

As so many predicted the two Pre-tourney favourites have reached the final of the 20/20 cup.

Domestically these are the best two teams around and have already clashed in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy 2005/06 (Gold League Final) which sialkot won.

Sialkot have impressed everyone in this tourney with their array of stars and have a 100% record in whole tournemant thus far. The batting line up for sialkot is a powerful one imran nazir, Tahir mughal, qaiser abbas, shoaib malik, shezad malik, shahid yousaf and mansoor amjad are all suited to this form of the game. With the ball in hand Sialkot can rely on test bowlers rana and mo Asif. As like every other game in tourney Sialkot will start as favourites.

The oppostion Faisalabad wolves is a team with no real recognised stars but together as a team they provide most oppostion with a tough unit to beat. The batting will be lead by muhammed hafeez and Asif hussain. Muhammed salman, naveed latif and misbah ul haq provide stability in the middle order. The bowling attack has two very under-rated bowlers in sami khan and ahmed hayat who will need to bowl well against a powerful batting line up.

Faisalabad have a tough task to retain their title and were beaten heavily in group stage when two sides met last time.

i hope we get a cracking final and may the best team win. :)

Game is scheduled for 2130 Pakistani time.

Last edited:
The best thing is that it's gonna be televised LIVE on PTV and i am gonna stay up all night to watch the exciting FINAL :D

Amjid

Forget phainty....it's chhitraul awaiting Faisalabad wolves today at the hands of Stallions. :D :p

I shall be reporting tonite when it gets underway in NSK.

Farhad said:
Amjid

Forget phainty....it's chhitraul awaiting Faisalabad wolves today at the hands of Stallions. :D :p

I shall be reporting tonite when it gets underway in NSK.

dont worry same chhitraul lahore got last nite will be handed out 2nite :p

i look forward to youre updates :)

Fair enough, Amjid. Chittraul updates starting at 930 pm tonight. :D :26:

Farhad said:
Fair enough, Amjid. Chittraul updates starting at 930 pm tonight. :D :26:

unbiased commentary please. I know ur still upset from last nite meray bahi. :p

Amjid Javed said:
unbiased commentary please. I know ur still upset from last nite meray bahi. :p

Yar, khoon khaul raha hai! Lahore team ko baree be-dardee se mara hai Faislabad ne! That guy Asif Hussain looks like a butcher - Ijaz Ahmed revisiting!

I could not recognize Wahab Riaz yesterday when he was bowling for Lahore.....looks more like Zaheer Khan in real life, but on TV was looking quite fair. Disappointed by his wayward bowling though.

Last edited:
Farhad said:
Yar, khoon khaul raha hai! Lahore team ko baree be-dardee se mara hai Faislabad ne! That guy Asif Hussain looks like a butcher - Ijaz Ahmed revisiting!

I could not recognize Wahab Riaz yesterday when he was bowling for Lahore.....looks more like Zaheer Khan in real life, but on TV was looking quite fair. Disappointed by his wayward bowling though.

do you think asif hussain could make it into pakistans odi team?

what do you think about about sami khan? alongside najaf shah i think hes one of best left armers in the country.

Amjid

As this is 20/20 stuff, so not reading too much into it. The major problem for bowlers apart from such a concentrated hitting context is that the fielding standards leave a lot to be desired.

Asif has to be one of the hardest hitters in Pak domestic cricket. But have to see more of him before I can say he is of Test standard. Age may not be on his side as he looks to be in mid to late 20s.

Sami Khan - haven't seen him in action yet. Always have been impressed by Najaf.

Farhad said:
Amjid

As this is 20/20 stuff, so not reading too much into it. The major problem for bowlers apart from such a concentrated hitting context is that the fielding standards leave a lot to be desired.

Asif has to be one of the hardest hitters in Pak domestic cricket. But have to see more of him before I can say he is of Test standard. Age may not be on his side as he looks to be in mid to late 20s.

Sami Khan - haven't seen him in action yet. Always have been impressed by Najaf.

I would never judge a players selection on basis of 20/20. However asif hussain has done well in LOI matches aswell when hes player.

sami khan has bowled well in domestic 4 day games and has got no recognition at all.

Be happy folks.

I will be updating atleast the first innings. :D

Let's go Stallions!!! :D

And especially Imran Nazir. :16:

gents what time (UK time) is the game starting ?

thanks Easa. Its a shame its not on tv in the UK.

We seem to have lots of Pak channels over here, yet none are showing the game live :(

Saj said:
thanks Easa. Its a shame its not on tv in the UK.

We seem to have lots of Pak channels over here, yet none are showing the game live :(

ARY should have bought the rights once TenSports quit.

Their coverage is a whole lot better than the '1970's' coverage of PTV. :(

But.. I'll do faster updating, don't worry. :D

Nazir | Twenty20 Record

9 matches | 226 runs | Highest: 54 | Avg: 37 | Strike Rate: 193.16

Are those good stats or what?

Malik averages 77.60 in Twenty20. :O

Rana Naved averages 51 with a strike rate of 221. :)))

Lovely shot by Asif Hussein, four through the covers.

Pulled away for two runs, not timed well by Hussein.

easa, it wasn't asif hussain, it was imran khalid as the commentators said, unless its a mistake by them

Very poor cricket..... was a dolly, dropped by Tahir Mughal.

Sarfraz Ahmed to come on from the other end, and straight away 4 overthrows, poor cricket again.

Nobody backed up Malik's shy at the stumps.

The two Faisalbadi openers are Hafeez and Imran Khalid.

No Asif Hussein, just yet. :D

Lovely straight drive by Hafeez, four runs.

i ask as Malik said in an interview with the Jang that he had other engagements and would not be available for the final if Sialkot made it.

Faisalabad 19 after 2 overs
Hafeez just hit 2 consecutive FOURS off Sarfraz.....

Hafeez looks in great touch, needs to make a big score if Wolves want to win this.

kayanni said:
i ask as Malik said in an interview with the Jang that he had other engagements and would not be available for the final if Sialkot made it.

Well, he's playing.

imran khalid's been sent up to slog and give a good start to the wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back