Offical Huddersfield Town Thread

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
My home town club in the UK. Have to say Manager Lee Clark is doing a fanatastic job at Huddersfield at this moment in Time.

The team Occupies the final Play off spot (6th) in league one with 3 games to go in a very tough division which includes teams like Leeds, Norwich, Millwall and Charlton.

The club doesnt have much cash to spend and depends heavily on its very good youth Academy to bring through players. The club has pretty much punched above its weight this season. Footballing wise they are probably the most attractive side to watch in division along side norwich.

There home form in league has been superb and if only there away form had been half decent they would be even higher then 6th.

Young Strikers Jordan Rhodes and Goal keeper Alex smithies are two players who could make the grade at a higher level.

a West Yorkshire derby would be stunning and wouldn't mind the puppies taking it.

Hopefully:

Norwich (P/C)
Swindon (Auto)
Charlton (p-o)

They were flying at the start, had a blip in the middle and might have peaked a little too early. Clarke is certainly gonna touted by the big clubs in the summer.

Nice. Some Town supporters here, never expected that. :p

I have kept on eye on the table throughout the season because of Lee Clark and he appears to be doing a wonderful job

Geordie Ahmed said:
I have kept on eye on the table throughout the season because of Lee Clark and he appears to be doing a wonderful job

The Chairmen said at start of season there was no expectations on Clark to get Town promoted or the play-offs. He said it would take Clark time to mould a team and perform.

They play some very attractive at home which has meant they have been brilliant at home. They have tried same style away from home which has lead to some heavy defeats due to open style but Clark has learnt as season has gone on to be a little more cautious away from home which has meant they have sneaked back into 6th place when a few weeks ago it looked beyond them.

3 games to go and 6 points clear of Colchester who they play 2nd to last game of season. Would be great to see them get promotion!

Stockport 0-6 Huddersfield - Good win for Huddersfield who confirmed there spot in play offs :)

Great victory that. Now let's hope we can get promotion. Lee Clark has done a very good job this season.

Huddersfield to play Millwall in Play-offs which will be very tough!

0-0 Draw at home in 1st leg v millwall

2nd leg will be very tough now...

Yeah...was hoping we could get a lead from the home game. Let's see how the 2nd leg pans out. It will be tough.

If the Terriers some how get through it will be swindon who await in the play-off final.

good luck to huddersfield tonight who beat millwall just a few weeks ago in the regular league game doing us a MASSIVE favour in the process

i'll be in huddersfield tonight at about 10 o'clock so might have to take the lufc sticker off the car if they have lost and there are any brooding inbreds running around

2-0 Loss means Huddersfields play-off dream is over.

Even so the club should be proud of its achievements this season.

Gutted for Lee Clark - they have a brilliant season BUT unfortunately cudnt quite make it - hopefully they do even better next season

Geordie Ahmed said:
Gutted for Lee Clark - they have a brilliant season BUT unfortunately cudnt quite make it - hopefully they do even better next season

Huddersfield over achieved and a top 6 finish wasnt expected. Clark will be given time with this sqaud and next year hopefully team can gain promotion.

I really hope he doesn't go. Did a fantastic job last season and we need to give him some more time. I'm sure he'll deliver. :)

Huddersfield 2-0 up away to notts county on opening day of season! Good Stuff so far!

Just seen highlights on BBC.

Some very good attacking football played just like last season. Hope Town can gain promotion this season!

Just seen highlights on BBC.

Some very good attacking football played just like last season. Hope Town can gain promotion this season!

Hopefully they can do well - they managed to keep a hold of Clark though he was linked with the Fulham job

Last season their problem was their away form BUT they have started well in that regards

Hopefully they can do well - they managed to keep a hold of Clark though he was linked with the Fulham job

Last season their problem was their away form BUT they have started well in that regards

They were to gun ho away from home last season. Trying to play attractive football away from home didnt really work.

Near end of season they did change that abit and away from picked up!

A good win in CC against Carlisle in midweek!

Hopefully a good home win at tranmere will happen at weekend as well!

Wait till you face the mighty posh puthar, apna George Boyd will teach your players a lesson.

Everton in 2nd Round of CC! Should be a good test!

Dissapointing 0-0 draw against Tranmere in 1st home game of the season! :(

3 clean sheets this season. Am glad Huddersfield have done well at the back so far this season!

Damn Huddersfield conceed their 1st goal of the season. 1-2 the score now!

4-2 now! Shocking 2nd half!

Fully deserved that was. Absolutely disgusted by Huddersfield, such thugs. Constantly fouling because they couldn't handle being out classed. First half, Hudders were the better side, however the corner you scored from was not a corner, and neither was the free kick after a blatant dive by gudjohnson guy in midfield. Cracking free kick from your left back, carey? but he should have been sent off, constant fouling after being skinned. When you had the 2-0 lead all you did was time waste, then when you were 4-2 down Pilkington was going for the ball boy for not giving him the ball straight away. Disgrace.

Well who cares really, before the game I liked Huddersfield. Now there's nothing but hate. Hope MK Dons finish above you.

Your fans summed it up when they sang, "We're S*** and we know we are" and when ours sang "We're just to good for you".

Great comeback yesterday, after being 2-0 down at half time. It finished 4-2 and we go top. :D

3rd In league and 2 games away from Wemberly.

Hopefully they will beat Carlisle in JP throphy regional final over two legs.

Goal keeper Alex smithies is in great form having saved two pens in last two games. Both at crucial stages of matches!

Also jordan rhodes is still banging the goals in!

Still in contention for promotion in league one.

Sadly trip to JP final has gone after losing 1st leg to carlisle 4-0

but the team does have a FA Cup trip to Arsenal to look forward to.

I hope Huddersfield give the gunners a run for their money on sunday.

Amjid Bhai, have you been following Afobe? - any impressive at Huddersfield Town?

Like Sanchez Watt for Leeds, looks like Afobe will be playing against Arsenal on Saterday, it's live on ESPN, cannot wait.

Amjid Bhai, have you been following Afobe? - any impressive at Huddersfield Town?

Like Sanchez Watt for Leeds, looks like Afobe will be playing against Arsenal on Saterday, it's live on ESPN, cannot wait.

Hes done decently well so far in the few games hes been given. Lee Clark has spoken well on his attitude and his enthusiasm on the pitch when hes played.

Still in contention for promotion in league one.

Sadly trip to JP final has gone after losing 1st leg to carlisle 4-0

but the team does have a FA Cup trip to Arsenal to look forward to.

Won 2nd leg of JP regional final 3-0 should have won 5 or 6!

Sadly the 4-0 loss in 1st leg was to much to over-turn.

Promotion to championship is still very realistic and good to see some experience signings as well kilbane and cadermatari which will bring along the talent youngsters in the side.

7 games to play in normally season. 2nd place at moment. Ideally need to pick up 16-17 points atleast from last 7 games to maybe get automatic promotion!

19 games unbeaten and currently 2nd in league. Southampton are 5 points behind though with 3 games in hand!

Huddersfield still have to play the Posh, MK dons and leaders Brighton yet.

6 games to go and need to make sure we beat the Posh who are currently 3rd on saturday!

unbeaten in 21 games now after winning at charlton. Currently 3rd on GD behind southampton who have a game in hand. Need them to drop points and keep winning ourselves.

brilliant away win 3-1 against MK dons.

3 points ahead of southampton who have two games in hand.

Hopefully brighton can beat them today and do town a favour :)

Another win for Town so still level with saints on 86 points but they have a game in hand!

:(

won 3-2 away to champs brighton, and have won 7 away games in a row and unbeaten in 25 games now sadly looks like play-offs!

Go Lee Clark - doing a great job

Looks like a play-off spot it will be, hopefully they can maintain their form and get through

Southampton won so they are promoted (barring a ridiculous GD turnaround)

So play off's it is for Huddersfield

In the spirit of competition, I shall cheer for either of those two teams.

In the spirit of competition, I shall cheer for either of those two teams.

Booooooooooo

Bournemouth fair enough BUT you can't cheer for MK Dons - they are a footballing disgrace, a dark stain on football, nobody of a sane mind could possibly cheer for them

Booooooooooo

Bournemouth fair enough BUT you can't cheer for MK Dons - they are a footballing disgrace, a dark stain on football, nobody of a sane mind could possibly cheer for them

They are like the villains. I love to cheer for the villains :afridi

Also, wouldn't be the same if me and AJ were cheering for same team :p

They are like the villains. I love to cheer for the villains :afridi

Also, wouldn't be the same if me and AJ were cheering for same team :p

There are villains and then there is them

cheering against them is cheering against football :danish

So its bournemouth in the Play-offs then.

Hopefully we can keep our good run going and gain promotion.

Need to gain promotion this season so we dont lose our best players to bigger clubs.

Alex smithies the keeper as been brilliant all season and saved his 6Penalty kick this season. Thats simply outstanding at any level.

How is Afobe doing? I heard he scored a couple of good goals. Do you feel he has a chance to make it at Arsenal?

How is Afobe doing? I heard he scored a couple of good goals. Do you feel he has a chance to make it at Arsenal?

Hes been brilliant all season and has formed a very good partnership with Jordan Rhodes this season, Very strong on the ball and a decent finisher. Needs to improve on his awareness in the game but the loan move has done him good. Also Lee clark has got team playing football so hes in a good enviroment.

I think it would do him good to be on loan again at Huddersfield and i think in 2 seasons he will be ready to be in Arsenal sqaud.

4-4 draw with brentford means Hudds finish with 87 points (Record for team finishing 3rd)

So its bournemouth in play-offs.

Hope the 25 match unbeaten run goes to 28 atleast and promotion!

1st leg away to Bournemouth finished 1-1

Huddersfield have an excellent home record so hopefully they can grab the win

1st leg away to Bournemouth finished 1-1

Huddersfield have an excellent home record so hopefully they can grab the win

I hope so, our home form in playoff semi finals though is pretty poor.

We have lost Ties before at home after getting good away results.

Just hope we dont freeze on the occasion.

Need a big performance as a team to win 2nd leg against a good bournemouth side.

was a brilliant goal! all level again! :(

3-3 on Agg!

bournemouth bossing midfield and the game now! Need to get hold off the ball and weve wasted so many chances tonight :(

what the hell is clark doing? rhodes off and Novak on?

:facepalm:

simple passes! whats with superstar style attempts on 30 yards passes!

what a chance for afobe! should have gone down! would have been a penalty!

:(

Kilbane get away with a nasty challenge could have been a 2nd yellow!

Thats last thing we need!

Kilbane needs to be hauled off, hes going to get sent off here!

Back