Official Thread: England vs Australia - 3rd ODI [12/07/05]

Shayan

ODI Debutant
Runs
Australia won the toss and chose to bowl, as they had Katich as supersub. Otherwise, both teams unchanged.

Trescothick got out for 0 after playing a cut over the slips straight to third man off Lee.

McGrath bowled immaculately, his first 4 overs were maidens.

Vaughan then went for a hook which went high to fine leg and was dropped by............................. Gillespie :17:

Then, next over, Strauss also went for a hook off Kasprowics, went straight in the air behind Gilchrist, he ran backwards... and dropped it. :17:

England 42-1 after 12 overs. Currently in Powerplay 2.

Australian s look to have gotten back to their winning ways

after a brief nightmare

Strauss out. edged behind off Kasprowics. Hopefully Pietersen and Flintoff can provide some entertainment.

Mods.. can we make this thread sticky please.

England have used their sub Solanki and have sacrificed Simon Jones. Now if Solanki fails, then England are screwed, as they will still have a low total and one bowler short. Pressure will be on Solanki now!!!

Last edited:
Pietersen gone for 74. 186 for 7. A bit of a recovery from Pietersen and Solanki. England will at least have something to bowl at. However, they're a bowler short now as Solanki had to be subbed on for Jones.

england 228/7

Australia 41/0 (4.5)

gilchrist leading the slaughter...

4 4's off harmo's over

4.6 Harmison to Gilchrist, FOUR!!, coming round the wicket this time, way outside the off stump and just short of length, Gilchrist smashes it to the Cover boundary, 16 runs of the over
4.5 Harmison to Gilchrist, FOUR!!, short ball followed by a fuller delivery, punches it to the cover boundary, Aussie openers on the rampage
4.4 Harmison to Gilchrist, FOUR!!, pitched short, Gilchrist pulls it away to the midwicket boundary, you cannot bowl that length to Gilly
4.1 Harmison to Gilchrist, FOUR!!, width offered and Gilchrist accepts the invitation eagerly, slashes hard at it between Strauss and Collingwood

petierson hobbles off with groin injury. gilchrist looking awesome out there!

Aus 65/0 of 10 overs..

no power play taken.. england getting spanked!

So the end of Ashes dream for England as well ? is the a taste of things to come ?

i dunno yet, Australia have got into their stride now. however in last two ODIS england have shown great heart to comeback.

45/4 in 2nd odi and got up to 220 odd

93/6 today and got 228/7

now in both cases 2/3 years ago england would have not made 150 in either inns.

Australia will start favourites but england will compete

Can I ask you how do they report overs when field is restricted? I mean how can I see that how Australia used block of 5 field restriction overs?

I can see reporting of substitutes on cricinfo.

kasoo10 said:
Can I ask you how do they report overs when field is restricted? I mean how can I see that how Australia used block of 5 field restriction overs?

I can see reporting of substitutes on cricinfo.

usually the umpire gives a helicopter type signal and that indicates start of a power play. also on sky sports tv they indiacte that power-play overs are being used on bottom scroll bar.

Aus 81/0 (14) - just 1st power play used thus far.

I mean on the scoreboard itself, how do they report field restricted overs. Like if I see that the scoring rate increased b/w 20-25 overs, is there any way I can confirm that these were the overs when field restrictions were on?

kasoo10 said:
I mean on the scoreboard itself, how do they report field restricted overs. Like if I see that the scoring rate increased b/w 20-25 overs, is there any way I can confirm that these were the overs when field restrictions were on?

yeah it is highlighted on the scorecard graphs on tv and on the main scoreboards in the ground. cric-info also reports when the power-plays are on.

on the scoredcard graphs on skysports the powerplay overs are in blue and rest in white.

hope that helps. :1:

latest - Aus 93/1 (17)

gilly 58* pointing 1*

hayden man out caught behind to gough for 31

Gilchrist destroying the poms. Smacks Giles for a six :3:

Aus 134/1 of 22.1 overs

hope gilly bats all way thru!

this thrashing is not a good sign for the forthcoming ashes.

Aus 203/2 (31)

gilchrist hits a monster 6 off giles...! hes onto 115 not out now...!

Aus 222/2

david shepard does bhangara on the spot for the last time

martyn has come in and played some majestic shots.. australia crusing here...!

aus win by 8 wickets with 15.1 overs to spare

harmison 9.5-0-81-0

Back