Pads Help

Quick Single

Local Club Star
Runs
Salam.

The other day I was having a net with some friends, when I got hit on my Ihsan Stratus 250 pad by a delivery barely touching 55mph. But let me tell you, my leg hurt like crazy afterwards.

That's when I realized that I am going to be facing a lot quicker bowlers in the coming season inshallah, so I will need good pads.

So does anyone know of any good pads that offer good protection but also fit really nicely. I would prefer pads in the style of d30 however they are too expensive for me.These are the pads I am currently thinking about, I know they are old but I really like them:

GM Maxi
GM Duelist
GM Original

All on uzisports.co.uk
Any help is very much appreciated.

JazakallahKhair/Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duelist really aren't D30 style pads, however, I see your budget is around £40 ish pounds so yaar why not consider SS Test Opener pads?

I will look elsewhere and let you knopw as well, don't worry bro :)

Thanks for suggestions guys.

My budget is around £30.

I guess it doesn't need to be d30. But I like modern style pads, which fit nicely around the leg.

What do you guys think of the Kookaburra 400 pads. They are well within my budget and I like the look of them. Anyone know how comfy/well fitting they are?

Since people have said good things of SS, I have decided to also look at SS Heritage pads.

And also Salix Pod Base.

Any advice on these is very welcome.

JazakallahKhair

Since people have said good things of SS, I have decided to also look at SS Heritage pads.

And also Salix Pod Base.

Any advice on these is very welcome.

JazakallahKhair

Having looked at these pads I would say go for Salix Base ones as they look nice and I am sure they will fit well and have good protection as well.

JazakallahKhair for the advice.

Bhai, I have just taken a look at the BAS Enigma pads on Uzi Sports and they are very appealing to me as well, because they have a more modern look to them.

Your thoughts?

Waiyyakum :)

To be honest, I knew you would ask about them :D

Anyways, I see where you are coming from personally I am not a big fan of traditional pads either. So those look good and more importantly they offer very good protection.

So my call is that if you like them then buy them as they have good protection as well

Waiyyakum :)

To be honest, I knew you would ask about them :D

Anyways, I see where you are coming from personally I am not a big fan of traditional pads either. So those look good and more importantly they offer very good protection.

So my call is that if you like them then buy them as they have good protection as well

Haha, mind reader huh?:))

JazakallahKHair, inshallah I will order tonight or tomorrow .

Again jazakallahKhair for all your help.

Salam,

Just an update if you are interested. I have just ordered the pads now. Does anyone know how long Uzi Sports' delivery takes for mainland UK?

The pads I have ordered are the BAS Enigma pads:

Inshallah when they arrive I will post a full review.:)

Last edited:
Salam,

Just an update if you are interested. I have just ordered the pads now. Does anyone know how long Uzi Sports' delivery takes for mainland UK?

The pads I have ordered are the BAS Enigma pads:

Inshallah when they arrive I will post a full review.:)

Nice :19: hope to see them inshallah

The pads have come guys!Alhamdulilah.

I won't have time tomorrow in the day as I have training, where I will try them out inshallah, but as soon as I get home I will post a review. Inshallah.

Mashallah bhai they were amazing.

The protection was fantastic, I was facing a ex-international bowler, and I got hit on the pads a couple of times:)facepalm:) and I could hardly feel anything. However at first I thought they were a bit bulky but then as I got used to them it didn't feel that way. So overall I am very impressed.

And sorry for not posting the review, I was totally shattered when I came home, but inshallah as soon as I get the time I will post it.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.:)

I'm glad to hear the pads are good, they look great if you ask me. Modern look which I also prefer.

When you first wear any pads they feel a bit bulky but once you start using them then you get used to them and they feel great!

CD bhai, I'm looking to get new pads again.

Which ones would you recommend. I had either GN Nitro 5 star in mind or GM 606 2011 model.

My budget is around £30-£35.

Jazakallah bro.

What happened to BAS bhai?

Where did you see GN Nitro 5 Star and which years?

Give me a day or two I will come up with something

Tbh I really wanted Oblivion Test pads but they are a bit to expensive, and I couldn't find any cheaper than £50.

Okay did my research;

Slazenger pads not this years but offer top protection;

http://www.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-ultimate-batting-leg-guards-859226

http://www.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-x-tec-ultimate-batting-pads-859172

If you are also thinking of something not traditional;

http://www.sportsdirect.com/gunn-and-moore-909-d30-leg-guards-mens-857007

http://www.sportsdirect.com/gray-nicolls-evo-1000-cricket-pads-859086

http://www.sportsdirect.com/gray-nicolls-nitro-player-batting-pads-859080

If you can fork little bit more just £10 then these pads are awesome and I am sure these will last you very long! A friend of mine has these and there is virtually no difference in them and my LE's

http://www.barringtonsports.com/pro...2011_808_cricket_batting_pads_2010/12681/view

I know the last ones are slightly out of your budget but if you can stretch it a bit then they would be awesome! Maybe get advance Eidi!

Jazakallah for all your research and time I appreciate it.

Tbh I saw the 808's and I think I will be able to stretch my budget a bit with them. But what do you think about the Nitro 5 star ones I mentioned earlier are they any good?

For that price I would buy Nitro 5 star as on my last visit to GN factory i did check these. For club level, protection is good enough.
you can also buy the matching gloves at discounted prices.

Regards

Asad

Asad bhai, did you see the Quantam 5 star pads, if so how were they.
They were fairly good quality and as I said before they offer good quality protection for a club level player. For that price, they are good buy and u can match these with nitro 5 star gloves.
I bought the gloves from GN as i had a choice of buying the pads at reduced price before they were being shipped to Sports direct

Regards

Asad

DO you have the pads?

And also do you know why Sports Direct is selling stuff so cheap this year?

Jazakallah for all your research and time I appreciate it.

Tbh I saw the 808's and I think I will be able to stretch my budget a bit with them. But what do you think about the Nitro 5 star ones I mentioned earlier are they any good?

I haven't used those Nitros but have seen them around, they don't offer great protection honestly.

CD bhai, I don't see much difference between the 808's and 606's.

I think one has canes and other does, there is a significant apart from the design.

808 has much better protection than Nitro 5 Stars.

well in my opinion Nitro do offer good protection. I haven't seen 808 pads but Nitro 5 star i looked at had good protection and much better value than GM808.

Regards

Asad

Asad bhai, do you have Quantum 5 stars pads. Also when will your online end of season sale start?

Guys

I am looking to buy some pads for next season so not in any great hurry. I appreciate there a lot of threads on pads but I hope you don't mind me asking for some advice on this thread.

Basically looking for some modern style pads. Must wrap around the legs nice so not to hinder running. Not really interested in wings (I think they just make the pads look bulky).

I am liking Puma FXt (all variants look the same to me e.g. Iridium, Calibre etc.). Also am liking the look of the Chase 2012 gear in general from the pics including the modern styled pads.

Not really interested in getting the lightest pads but the protection must be full on.

No real budget constraints but obviously the cheaper the better.

Thanks

Guys

I am looking to buy some pads for next season so not in any great hurry. I appreciate there a lot of threads on pads but I hope you don't mind me asking for some advice on this thread.

Basically looking for some modern style pads. Must wrap around the legs nice so not to hinder running. Not really interested in wings (I think they just make the pads look bulky).

I am liking Puma FXt (all variants look the same to me e.g. Iridium, Calibre etc.). Also am liking the look of the Chase 2012 gear in general from the pics including the modern styled pads.

Not really interested in getting the lightest pads but the protection must be full on.

No real budget constraints but obviously the cheaper the better.

Thanks

Here is my take;

P9198676.jpg

I take you like those Chase pads on far right, correct?

I am assuming they are made at same place as Boom Boom Signature 175 as both are tad similar and the place they are made is known for making softs and they are one of the best in the market. However, yaar I was not too happy with my Boom Boom pads, the two straps, too loose etc didn't make me happy and I don't rate them very high although they offer good protection.

Mongoose Super Premium are similar to them as well and are a bit of modern style and to be honest I do not like them very much either, I am totally unhappy with Mongoose and Boom Boom pads. However, they wrap very nicely on your legs.

I have two models of Puma FXT (Iridium 2009 and Iridium 2011) and both are very good light weight and feel great while batting. They wrap up nicely around your legs, feel great as well and so on. I really haven't seen any downside in them, in my opinion they are very good pads and I rate them very high. One thing I can't remember for those Puma FXT is if they have side protection and I believe you are referring that side of shin etc protection wings? :20:

However, if you do not want a modern look then what I would highly highly recommend Gray Nicolls Legend batting pads, in my opinion they are the best pads out there. Although I personally like modern style pads too but the Gray Nicolls Legend win for me and I would say they are even better than Puma FXT but then they would be slightly heavier than Puma FXT but protection etc is top notch.

Yes the chase pads on the right. I only work 5 miles from chase so I could go there quite easily and check comfort & fit etc.
Sorry by wings I did indeed mean the side protection.
I think I'll wait for the puma karbon 6000 fxt to come out then take a look at both pads and pick one.
I am liking the modern style pads a lot so certainly favour them above the traditional look.
As always thanks for your advice Uzair bhai.

No worries, it would be great to hear from you when you drop to Chase and see those pads. I do like them over Boom Boom 175 which I mentioned I have bought.

I saw Puma Karbon 6000 FXT and they are exactly like this years Calibre FXT with colour scheme being different and front being tweaked by little bit which is hardly noticeable.

Aamer Bhai, did you manage to drop down to Chase?

Also I Romida is selling 2011 Iridium FXT for 66 Pounds whereas I found ProDirect selling Calibre FXT for 70 Pounds which I believe is a very good deal

https://romida.co.uk/cricket-battin...dium-6000-fxt-batting-pads-cat-no-053509.html

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...ipment-White-Lime-Punch-Vivid-Blue-30277.aspx

Same Calibre ones are sold for 85 by Romida

https://romida.co.uk/cricket-battin...tricks-ltd-ed-batting-pads-cat-no-053570.html

Also here are 2012 Puma FXT pads

Attachments

• Karbon%20FXT%206000%20Pads%202012.jpg
    Karbon%20FXT%206000%20Pads%202012.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 194
Aamer Bhai, did you manage to drop down to Chase?

Also I Romida is selling 2011 Iridium FXT for 66 Pounds whereas I found ProDirect selling Calibre FXT for 70 Pounds which I believe is a very good deal

https://romida.co.uk/cricket-battin...dium-6000-fxt-batting-pads-cat-no-053509.html

http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...ipment-White-Lime-Punch-Vivid-Blue-30277.aspx

Same Calibre ones are sold for 85 by Romida

https://romida.co.uk/cricket-battin...tricks-ltd-ed-batting-pads-cat-no-053570.html

I Haven't been there yet. Their premises are within the serious cricket compound so was going to wait for the new ranges to arrive In the serious cricket store before going down there.

The price on the calibres is fantastic and is real tempting but the pads need to be tried on first to guage the comfort first hand.

The new karbons also look fantastic so they are favourite at the moment but they aren't available till early February :(

Thanks for posting the Calibre and Iridium info.

So in the true spirit of a pakistani retirement :moyo :afridi I performed a u turn and ordered the calibres. The temptation was just too great. I'll review them soon.

Yes from Pro direct. Ordered them yesterday and they came today. First impressions are that these are great pads. Nice and light. Will try and take some pics later.

Thanks again for the heads up Uzair bhai.

No worries yaar!

Glad to hear they are good! MashAllah ProDirect always seem to be lucky for you, second bargain :))

They look brilliant, lovely colour scheme [looks much better in real than in pictures I must say] MashAllah!

Did boys like them Aamer Bhai? What did they say? Still preferring Millichamp & Hall Pads? :):p

Boys loved the pads. Puma pads are much better than M&H for running in and are quite a bit lighter. M&H pads just look real classy and have same level of protection as the Pumas I would say.

Boys loved the pads. Puma pads are much better than M&H for running in and are quite a bit lighter. M&H pads just look real classy and have same level of protection as the Pumas I would say.

Exactly, Puma pads are very very light.

Protection is top notch as well, did get hit on front few times and felt nothing.

Can you update us on the pads? Did yo use them?

Can you update us on the pads? Did yo use them?

I haven't used them but my twelve year old son uses them a couple of times a week and he totally loves them. He used to use M&H distinction pads but he felt them to be a bit bulky and difficult to run in. He then changed to puma iridium 4000 and liked them a lot but the protection was nowhere near as good as these.

I haven't used them but my twelve year old son uses them a couple of times a week and he totally loves them. He used to use M&H distinction pads but he felt them to be a bit bulky and difficult to run in. He then changed to puma iridium 4000 and liked them a lot but the protection was nowhere near as good as these.

Great to see boys (actually just 'boy') happy with them :)

Only God knows how you can distract younger one from Millichamp and Hall :))

Back