Pakistan (181/4) defeat Ireland (178/7) by 6 wickets in the T20I decider to win the series 2-1

Who will win the 3rd T20I between Ireland and Pakistan?

• Total voters
Catches get dropped, part of the game.

We cannot afford to have Saim open, Babar and Rizwan to open and Usman to come in at number 3.
rizwan and fakhar should open. bring in salman agha in middle and axe saim.
usman khan should be tried after t20 wc

While I disagree in azam with you I hate these hypocritical arguments from people.

Some poster will say you really think this dude is international material for smashing Ireland only to then say Bobby and rizzu are goats and are back in form, they've silenced the critics.
Exactly

Mark Adair was the only decent bowler they had. He was too good for Babar and Rizwan throughout the series

But the guy didn’t have a clue where to bowl to Azam two games in a row

Exactly

Mark Adair was the only decent bowler they had. He was too good for Babar and Rizwan throughout the series

But the guy didn’t have a clue where to bowl to Azam two games in a row
England ko anei do, please god let hasan Ali vs England happen

babar and rizwan are not pathetic though. rest are pedestrians. Saim ❌ salma agha in middle instead ✅
They are. Mark adair is Ireland only good bowler and he dogwalked these 2.

Well rizwan is good though tbh. Not babar, I stand firm on my belief that he's a has been since 2022.

If you wish to bharamga over smashing Ireland and combincing yourself that having a 2-2 draw and a 2-1 victory over horrific sides has resulted in babar being back to form then you're horrifically mistaken( Although rizwan seems to have developed nicely as a chaser)

Pakistan will fail against all teams batting first except for SA. And if they chase Sa, India and Australia are guaranteed losses.

Babar, Rizwan, Saim, Azam, Chacha, Shadab make for a beyond embrassing lineup. Not to mention fakhar isn't even coming in at 4 now consistently
I’m not sure what bhangra anyone is doing here, my initial post clearly said this came against lowly Ireland.

Unfortunately when one of your openers is a walking wicket, you might have to go back to what has been working for you.

What do you suggest? Bring in who in place of Saim this close to the World Cup?

I’m not sure what bhangra anyone is doing here, my initial post clearly said this came against lowly Ireland.

Unfortunately when one of your openers is a walking wicket, you might have to go back to what has been working for you.

What do you suggest? Bring in who in place of Saim this close to the World Cup?
This is always the argument made.

I suggest to try new opening combinations and try multiple people and have been requesting since Jan? Yet no changes, now people are hiding behind the only suggestion to give ba/riz the opening back when stats show Pakistan hasn't even won a bilateral until today against Ireland with these 2 jokers at the opening helm.

Anyone would be better, Fakhar and rizwan is better considering fakhar will always remain your Clutch player. Or move rizzu and babar at 3 and 4 and have usman and fakhar open.

Not these 2 clowns again. Rizwan is fine while chasing, bring rizzu to open if Pakistan is chasing but clueless Bobby does not understand the concept of shuffling

While I disagree in azam with you I hate these hypocritical arguments from people.

Some poster will say you really think this dude is international material for smashing Ireland only to then say Bobby and rizzu are goats and are back in form, they've silenced the critics.
Did you even read my post?
I mentioned this series win is another fake chest thumping for Babar and Rizwan. Scoring runs against such a pathetic attack means nothing.For Babar and Rizwan batting in top 3 vs such poor and low level bowlers shows their insecurity and attitude once again. on top of that we now have Azam Khan as well!

Did you even read my post?
I mentioned this series win is another fake chest thumping for Babar and Rizwan. Scoring runs against such a pathetic attack means nothing.For Babar and Rizwan batting in top 3 vs such poor and low level bowlers shows their insecurity and attitude once again. on top of that we now have Azam Khan as well!
Sorry brother, I didn't, accept my apology. Genuinely just my bad, I've been dealing with alot of comments but it's no excuse.

And yes I agree with everything you've said as I've just read your top post now. 👍🏻

Dude I don’t believe

I don’t really care.

It’s just cash for Jam for me.

He’s a good T20 batsman. Might as well utilise him
Well if you are a genuine Pak cricket fan, then the least you can do is care about which players are representing the team. I will once again wait and see how Azam Khan will be jumping around when facing actual quality bowlers (Eng series).

Well if you are a genuine Pak cricket fan, then the least you can do is care about which players are representing the team. I will once again wait and see how Azam Khan will be jumping around when facing actual quality bowlers (Eng series).
I’m not a genuine Pakistan cricket fan anymore bro.

That person died within me a long time ago

Azam Khan's fielding today was probs comedy of the century.

Good to see Pakistan win both matches in convincing fashion and good to see Babar back in form and Rizwan continuing to dominate. Azam Khan is finally flashing his potential in international cricket which is good to see. Obviously, England will be a much better test but hopefully this has given him enough confidence.

I do think there are still concerning signs with this team however and the biggest red flag is this team lacks the ability to set a good total. We've seen them chase big totals before but they cannot seem to set anything past a par score on most grounds and they're usually always between 170-180 until the other team chases and Babar says they were 10-15 runs short. They have to find a way to bat aggressively setting a total like they do when chasing and stop chasing for par scores.

Secondly, the bowling unit looks great on paper and we saw some of that in the NZ series but we've also seen them not be consistent enough. In particular, Naseem hasn't quite clicked yet - hopefully he figures it out by the time WC starts because IMO, he is Pakistan's most important bowler. Also please, please please, get Hasan Ali off the squad. It's a joke this guy is on it somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaheen Afridi in an interview after receiving Player of the Match award:

Question: Is this the best you've bowled on this tour?

Answer: I think we try as a team to do things in partnership. We as a team tried to hit the right areas and luckily, it paid off for us. Credit to the bowling line up, not just me.

Question: Last 7 overs won the game for you?

Answer: Yes, from the last two games we were bowling a bit too full in the last few overs. We know that we have a strong bowling line and we worked on it and with the help of the seniors and their guidance we were able to get it right tonight.

Our team is ready for the World Cup. Few areas we have to improve but overall we are confident.

Question: On Babar-Rizwan partnership:

Answer: Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan are world-class players and they know how to play their roles and they played really well on this wicket.

Question: How was your stay in Ireland?

Answer: Thanks to the crowd, I've really enjoyed my stay here in Ireland.

Good to see Pakistan win both matches in convincing fashion and good to see Babar back in form and Rizwan continuing to dominate. Azam Khan is finally flashing his potential in international cricket which is good to see. Obviously, England will be a much better test but hopefully this has given him enough confidence.

I do think there are still concerning signs with this team however and the biggest red flag is this team lacks the ability to set a good total. We've seen them chase big totals before but they cannot seem to set anything past a par score on most grounds and they're usually always between 170-180 until the other team chases and Babar says they were 10-15 runs short. They have to find a way to bat aggressively setting a total like they do when chasing and stop chasing for par scores.

Secondly, the bowling unit looks great on paper and we saw some of that in the NZ series but we've also seen them not be consistent enough. In particular, Naseem hasn't quite clicked yet - hopefully he figures it out by the time WC starts because IMO, he is Pakistan's most important bowler. Also please, please please, get Hasan Ali off the squad. It's a joke this guy is on it somehow.
Yes, a couple of good wins for Pakistan but there are many areas to improve.

Ireland Men fell to a 2-1 series defeat at the hands of Pakistan, with the tourists sealing victory by six wickets in the final match of the three-game T20I series in Clontarf on Tuesday.

Set 179 for victory, the stellar Pakistan pairing of Babar Azam (75) and Mohammad Rizwan (56) put on a 139-run partnership for the second wicket to see their side home with 18 balls to spare.

The tough three-match series - whilst a loss for Ireland - still provided enormous positives having beaten Pakistan for the first time in T20Is in the opening game.

There were bright moments at Clontarf Cricket Club on Tuesday, too, particularly in the shape of stand-in captain Lorcan Tucker's superb knock of 73 from just 41 deliveries after his side were put into bat first.

Both sides made changes at the toss. Tucker stepped in for the rested Paul Stirling to skipper Ireland, with Ross Adair and Neil Rock replacing the captain and Gareth Delany, respectively. Azam, meanwhile, swapped in Hasan Ali for Naseem Shah.

Adair launched Mohammad Amir for an enormous six with just his second ball of the innings but was clean bowled in the third over trying to give Shaheen Shah Afridi the same treatment.

That brought Tucker to the crease, where he joined former white-ball captain Andrew Balbirnie. The pair immediately took apart the Pakistan bowling attack as they raced to 50-1 at the end of the powerplay.

Tucker, who had made 51 in the previous game, reached a second successive half century - and eighth overall in T20Is - from just 29 balls.

By the time Balbirnie was caught in the deep for 35, Ireland had brought up their 100 in the 11th over, with Lorcan Tucker relishing the added responsibility of captaincy.

Tucker's knock was imperious, but the 27-year-old was denied a first T20I century when caught at long-on, ending an innings that included 13 fours and one six.

Harry Tector, who earlier launched his first ball over the ropes for six, went on to produce a well-made unbeaten 30 from 20 balls at the back end of the innings as Ireland set Pakistan 179 to win the series.

Ireland then went in the search of early wickets and Mark Adair duly delivered, removing opener Saim Ayub in the third over.

The Northern Knights seamer was excellent throughout and took two more wickets late on but, unfortunately for the hosts, Pakistan were otherwise ruthless in their pursuit of victory.

While they offered several chances, the visitors showed their incredible overall quality within their squad to walk away with the Floki trophy having secured a 2-1 T20I series win.

MATCH SUMMARY

Ireland v Pakistan, 3rd T20I, Clontarf Cricket Club, Dublin, Ireland -- 14 May 2024

Ireland 178-7 (20 overs; L Tucker 73, A Balbirnie 35, H Tector 30*; S Afridi 3-14, A Afridi 2-43)
Pakistan 181-4 (17 overs; B Azam 75, M Rizwan 56; M Adair 3-28, C Young 1-49)

Pakistan won by 6 wickets

We ain't gonna win the WC when we even struggle to beat Ireland without their top players.

I think it was a pretty dominating display of cricket from Pakistan in the 2nd and 3rd T20. Bowling is still a thing to get worried about. Hasan Ali? My man came and took the whole world by surprise. Got smoked out of the park. Why he is there is beyond this world. The selector must not have been in their senses when they took the name of Hasan Ali for the squad. Pathetic, that guy is pathetic.

Back