Pakistan (181/4) defeat Ireland (178/7) by 6 wickets in the T20I decider to win the series 2-1

Who will win the 3rd T20I between Ireland and Pakistan?

• Total voters
Babar has not, since 2022 he's dropped his avg from 48 to 40, his sr has also dropped.

Him showing brilliance despite getting a respite on his catch being dropped means nothing. He's been terrible against Ireland, terrible against c side NZ.

A joke in 2022 cups, a joke in 2023 cups. In fact he's become a meme on being either an associate basher or A pindi performer.

Rizwan on the other hand excluding playing in Pakistan and lahore has consistently outperformed babar in 4 tournaments in a row, consistently been better then him in t20, pdi and test, infact he was the only good batsmen in a bad series against Australia which included Bobby.

This babar of 2016-2021 died and is dusted, ens of story. He's put of form and is garbage now.
Babar was your best batter in the NZ series, earlier this year. Not too long ago.

One or two bad games doesn’t make you ‘garbage’.

Saim is what ‘garbage’ looks like, and how Saud Shakeel played in Australia.

Meanwhile, Babar chose to bowl first because he fears the team would lose against the Irish if they were forced to set a target, god forbid. Because Pakistan may as well forfeit their matches henceforth, should they lose the toss. This is his scenario now, arrived in Ireland and found his backside upside down with the series on the line for this decider, so refuses to challenge himself against the Irish in prep for the World Cup.

Spineless coward.
Have you thought of the fact that he doesn't want to bat first because he doesn't trust his bowling?

This is how we should bat against teams like Ireland.

No need to play down to their level (with due respect). Just assert yourselves.
It just shows that it is all the mindset. Babar has talent. Fakhar has talent. But Fakhar has mindset. Babar needs to learn this aggressive mindset.

Well @Rana you've often stated Babar is incapable of hitting 4 sixes in an over. Well there you go. I can already see the "it's against Ireland" comment coming but I believe you didn't think he could accomplish that either innit

Azam once again finds him in no pressure situation like last match, he better bat sensibly.

Brother does not strike rate change linearly... You will have good periods and periods you take it easy. What matters is the end result.
A lot of the times the end result has gone against Pakistan's favour because of these periods of selfishly slowing down the strike rate to make sure the milestones come by

Babar was your best batter in the NZ series, earlier this year. Not too long ago.

One or two bad games doesn’t make you ‘garbage’.

Saim is what ‘garbage’ looks like, and how Saud Shakeel played in Australia.
Saim is garbage 100%, but that doesn't mean you defend babar. His avg dropping 8 points is a fact.

Him failing asia cup 2022, World cup 2022, a medicore 2023 wc and a Nepal E azam 2023 asoa cup is a reality check.

He's been poor in nz c series and has needed respites from poor fielding to be given a chance. This is Ireland, not Australia.

Babar has not, since 2022 he's dropped his avg from 48 to 40, his sr has also dropped.

Him showing brilliance despite getting a respite on his catch being dropped means nothing. He's been terrible against Ireland, terrible against c side NZ.

A joke in 2022 cups, a joke in 2023 cups. In fact he's become a meme on being either an associate basher or A pindi performer.

Rizwan on the other hand excluding playing in Pakistan and lahore has consistently outperformed babar in 4 tournaments in a row, consistently been better then him in t20, pdi and test, infact he was the only good batsmen in a bad series against Australia which included Bobby.

This babar of 2016-2021 died and is dusted, ens of story. He's put of form and is garbage now.
Average of 40 is very good in T20 btw, and many batsmen drop their early high average. Babar has scored twice in the series so how has he been terrible?

Babar should have been out for 20 odd..so don’t get gassed

This will not be the case in the World Cup. Stay humble Babar fans

He wasn't terrible in his better innings last year against Afg and NZ, but I am mainly looking at him in the PSL. He has previously shown to be more composed and calculated when he needs to be and not just a blind slogger. But in this series and the last one vs NZ in Pak, he has shown no brain whatsoever. He's playing like Umar Akmal when he lost the plot
PSL is not a platform to judge a player. huge difference in quality compared to international cricket. there was nothing against Afg.. i dnt know which inning you are talking about

Average of 40 is very good in T20 btw, and many batsmen drop their early high average. Babar has scored twice in the series so how has he been terrible?
2x on catch drops yes.

Amd no avg of 40 but his low sr means babar averages 40 of 31 deliveries lol.

Averages are useless in t20, if that were the case finn Allen, Travis head are crap players for averaging 25 and 29 respectively in t20

I didn't say it happens everyday, and they could afford it today because their opponent is a depleted Ireland, but this has proven costly many a times otherwise
Babar and Rizwan will bat at ~130, we need to accept thats just who they are.

That's where these 'hitters' everyone loves need to come in and bat at 180 because that's their job.

I just realised I am watching Ifti Cobra live and not in slow motion

Azam clearly looking more confident

Gwan Azam 2 balls 2 sixes

PSL is not a platform to judge a player. huge difference in quality compared to international cricket. there was nothing against Afg.. i dnt know which inning you are talking about
This is not about the quality of cricket being played against, even though this is a depleted Ireland side and a pure batting track and Saim would have been better off performing here rather than in the PSL. But this is more about your mindset and technique as a batter. He wasn't as brainless as he looks now

Babar and Rizwan will bat at ~130, we need to accept thats just who they are.

That's where these 'hitters' everyone loves need to come in and bat at 180 because that's their job.
But Rizwan was batting confidently at 200 and as he was nearing his 50 he started playing at 100. Is this not something to call out? They ruin their own momentum

Fakhar Zaman seems to be enjoying the supper. Pakistani batsmen must stop irritating him and finish the match

Hope these jammy 6s don’t mean this lump of **** is going to the World Cup.. will be a liability

On Caladan, we ruled with sea and air power," the Duke said. "Here, we must scrabble for desert power. This is your inheritance, Paul.

Forget all that nonsense, it’s about belly power.

Love Azam putting Rizwan’s batting into context here two games in a row :ROFLMAO:

But Rizwan was batting confidently at 200 and as he was nearing his 50 he started playing at 100. Is this not something to call out? They ruin their own momentum
It’s only against lowly Ireland, but I think Babar and Rizwan were just in their element today.

They are both world class and will understand they need to do more than this against better opposition.

A lot of criticism has happened, but they both need to forget this and open in the World Cup.

This is not about the quality of cricket being played against, even though this is a depleted Ireland side and a pure batting track and Saim would have been better off performing here rather than in the PSL. But this is more about your mindset and technique as a batter. He wasn't as brainless as he looks now
whether he was or wasnt .. it does nt matter.. lad has had too many chances already. its not fair to those who get dropped after 2-3 games. Tayyab Tahir , Sahibzada Farhan.. what did they do to be axed? seems like favourtism to me

He was striking at 200 then we still got 11 in the next over thanks to Babar, two overs of accumulation then 11 and 18.

It doesn't matter as long as runs are coming I couldn't care less who gets them.

It’s only against lowly Ireland, but I think Babar and Rizwan were just in their element today.

They are both world class and will understand they need to do more than this against better opposition.

A lot of criticism has happened, but they both need to forget this and open in the World Cup.
How can you claim that when Babar got dropped? And its happened in 2 games ?

This series has proved that going into WC, Pak biggest issue is going to be their bowling and not batting. They have been miserable in last few years.

whether he was or wasnt .. it does nt matter.. lad has had too many chances already. its not fair to those who get dropped after 2-3 games. Tayyab Tahir , Sahibzada Farhan.. what did they do to be axed? seems like favourtism to me
Sahibzada Farhan maybe, but Tayyab Tahir is not T20 material. Agha Salman is better yet he doesn’t get into this team.

This series has proved that going into WC, Pak biggest issue is going to be their bowling and not batting. They have been miserable in last few years.
Batting is has been our strength as of late and our bowling has been a flop show for a while

Babar brings stability to the batting unit at 3

Mark Adair running rings around Babar and Rizwan

Azam hits him for 4 sixes in 7-8 balls in the last two games

Catches get dropped, part of the game.

We cannot afford to have Saim open, Babar and Rizwan to open and Usman to come in at number 3.
Right… we can suddenly afford Usman at 3 out of nowhere

Babar is working at 3. Leave him there

Sahibzada Farhan maybe, but Tayyab Tahir is not T20 material. Agha Salman is better yet he doesn’t get into this team.
i would prefer Agha Salman over Shadab in middle.. yeah.. Tayyab Tahir may not be t20 material but he did nt get enough chances like other lads like Saim or Axam khan.. gotta be fair to people

Mark Adair running rings around Babar and Rizwan

Azam hits him for 4 sixes in 7-8 balls in the last two games
You really believe Azam is International material, I mean seriously? Ireland is an amateur team and this ground is made for 200 plus score at a minimum. I really hope England plays a strong squad and Azam will get exposed once again, same like his matches vs NZ.

This series like many other minnow bashing wins will hurt Pak once again. Babar and Rizwan scoring cheap runs in one thing, now Azam getting 2 scores will mean he will play more games.

Catches get dropped, part of the game.

We cannot afford to have Saim open, Babar and Rizwan to open and Usman to come in at number 3.
If you wish to bharamga over smashing Ireland and combincing yourself that having a 2-2 draw and a 2-1 victory over horrific sides has resulted in babar being back to form then you're horrifically mistaken( Although rizwan seems to have developed nicely as a chaser)

Pakistan will fail against all teams batting first except for SA. And if they chase Sa, India and Australia are guaranteed losses.

Babar, Rizwan, Saim, Azam, Chacha, Shadab make for a beyond embrassing lineup. Not to mention fakhar isn't even coming in at 4 now consistently

You really believe Azam is International material, I mean seriously? Ireland is an amateur team and this ground is made for 200 plus score at a minimum. I really hope England plays a strong squad and Azam will get exposed once again, same like his matches vs NZ.

This series like many other minnow bashing wins will hurt Pak once again. Babar and Rizwan scoring cheap runs in one thing, now Azam getting 2 scores will mean he will play more games.
Dude I don’t believe

I don’t really care.

It’s just cash for Jam for me.

He’s a good T20 batsman. Might as well utilise him

Dude I don’t believe

I don’t really care.

It’s just cash for Jam for me.

He’s a good T20 batsman. Might as well utilise him
While I disagree in azam with you I hate these hypocritical arguments from people.

Some poster will say you really think this dude is international material for smashing Ireland only to then say Bobby and rizzu are goats and are back in form, they've silenced the critics.

Back