Pakistan (337) lose their final warm-up game of ICC World Cup 2023 to Australia (351/7) by 14-runs

@mominsaigol The big difference between 2017 is some fresh faces were in like Fakhar, Babar, Shadab and Hassan Ali

People think we can just stick to those. The problem is most of them are stale now. Fakhar and Hassan have been finished for a while now.

If we adopted the spirit of 2017, we’d have brought in some fresh up and coming players like Saim, Haris, Amir Jamal, Abrar.

Someone needs to use some brains in the team management and make some excuses to bring the reserves back in. That would somewhat change this staleness that is lingering with this team.

We played shaheen and rauf, they got tonked and humiliated today.

No one is overreacting, you're clining on to non1 facade ranks and media hype. The India, NZ and aus games should be a wake up call. I can't keep repeating myself over and over.
No, I am not going by ranking at all. I personally think Pakistan does have a weak team compared to the top teams, especially when players like Fakhar and Shadab are out of form. When likes of Hasan and Shadab shouldn't even be in WC squad and we should have given chance to new promising players like Abrar, neither I support Babar's usual defensive captaincy but at the end Pakistani team in big tournaments is all about momentum, if they will hit it off then it will turn out great so as a realistic fan just going to back my team despite the obvious concerns. Will leave the doom and gloom for later if they crash out without fighting and without putting efforts

The similarities posts are interesting only one semi final appearance since 1999 in 2011 that was inevitably messed up by Misbah and Younis other than that Pakistan haven’t even looked like threatening ODI World Cup is no joke you get found out if your weak and that’s what’s been happening for over 20 years.

:moyo

The bowling has to be a worry!

Without Naseem Shah the bowling looks far too reliant upon Shaheen Shah Afridi to take wickets. The other bowlers are either not in form or look toothless.

Without Naseem Shah the bowling looks far too reliant upon Shaheen Shah Afridi to take wickets. The other bowlers are either not in form or look toothless.
Tends to happen on this flat a pitch. ~350 has been scored in all four innings and no bowler has looked consistently good in Hyderabad.

Ahmedabad, Chennai and Eden Gardens will suit our bowlers more. In Hyderabad and Bengaluru, we should be happy if we don't concede 320+.

The more you look at it the more issues Pak has in their bowling. Middle overs will be their Achilles heel

Iirc stats from warm up games dont get counted so playing to stat pad theory is kind of is an absurd theory.

I think aussies practiced what they wanted. First...They practiced if they can educe top order to next to negligible score. They did.

Then they tried their part time bowlers and let the game come close on purpose.

Once thqt happened... then they practiced death bowling when game was closer.

Ya ok they did troll...🤑

To counter their troll Pakistan should have played parttimers like test match scoring 4 runs per over

I can only see 3...Saud in the previous match and Nawaz/Usama form with the ball and bat (proving we don't need Shadab) today...

Failures are more....Openers failed again, Chacha was dropped off the bowling of Smith than Warner so his 80 odd was a sham, Rauf still hasn't found form, Hasan Ali and Wasim Jnr are as bad as each other, etc.

Ifty scoring runs consistently, including the Asia Cup and some prior matches is a huge positive. You focus on the drops as if other players are never dropped :dw

Imam looked ok before getting a peach while Shafique has looked a viable option. Babar and rizwan, who round off the middle order with Ifty all looked very good and should b decent on these pitches.

The worry had been Pakistan scoring and scoring big, I think some of that has been alleviated, albeit in warm up scenarios.

Hasan Ali also looked decent enough in his come back.

Australians are well versed with conditions in India due to ipl. However one thing to admire about Aussie team be it from any era is the fighting spirit. Be it steve waugh team or this team.
This Indian team is also not gonna give up easily either.

Even with out of form players Pakistan did compete well against Australia on a flat road pitch of India.

Going by choker tag of past 10 years of a specific team, I suggest wait :)

Even with out of form players Pakistan did compete well against Australia on a flat road pitch of India.

Why did you take time to dig up a random warmup game thread to convey this point? 😂

Looks like the hat-trick of defeats has taken a toll on ya..

Why did you take time to dig up a random warmup game thread to convey this point? 😂

Looks like the hat-trick of defeats has taken a toll on ya..

It was reply to padosi poster Nick who was flying high. That comment has been deleted hence doesn't show up in my post either

What out of.form ? :)

Bowling has been in shambles. Pak batting has performed as expected. This is how Pak always batted. The bowling always covered for it. Good Spinners in middle overs are a must and that's what hurt Pak

Back