Pakistan (337) lose their final warm-up game of ICC World Cup 2023 to Australia (351/7) by 14-runs

This is literally usain bolt whenever he races a celebrity who comes to meet him, bolt deliberately loses cause he just can't bring himself to actually race a Fodder.

Its more humiliating for him to win then lose. Same analogy here.
I wonder why do you guys torture yourself by following Pakistan cricket when it's all doom and gloom? That meme "Arai bhai chahte kiya ho?" comes to mind. Full strength Pakistan can equally compete really well with Australian side

Pakistan should better in the first 20 overs than this if they are to go deep into the World Cup.

1696349644106.jpeg

Babar wasn't even suppose to come today. That's the point.
Even
Babar wasn't even suppose to come today. That's the point.
But why you don't even want him to bat? If he didn't have batted today, pakistan would have been bowled out with in 220 which could also have created a negative impact before the actual matches. Only one thing he didn't do right was not sending saud to bat today.

Stop lying, I pulled you up because you claimed the Indian team of 2012 was one of the weakest in India's history.

You were humiliated by every one on that claim, not just me.

Then you claim Pakistan will lose because of Babar's captaincy, then changed your tune to Pakistan will because of no skills.

Come back later when your batteries are recharged.

And no, I did not give you Rocky analogies, I posted the analogy to everyone in this thread to which you responded with the incorrect analogy. I was spot on, you have not seen the ROCKY movies.

You are not that special, other than full of hate towards Pakistan.

Please no essays, but you need deep breaths.

It was, Virender sehwag, Gautam Ghambir, These lads never played for india again, they were spent Forces. Same with yuvraj who got dropped and didn't return until 2014 when he came back in form. Rohit was always garbo in the middle this was before his rise to opening position, similarly many of their bowlers were spent forces. The ct 2013 team was vastly different.

You're lying, you threw a hissyfit because I said the whole team relied on kohli and Dhoni at that time, and kohli didn't perform, and you got so mad you basically erupted in the biggest fit of rage I've ever seen in my life.

I never changed my tune, it is babar's captaincy and it is a lack of skill that will lead us to lose. Period, you have seen that here, Aus gotta handicap themselves to make it a competition, they were trolling us atm.

No you have not seen the Rocky movies, you claimed rocky demolished lang, he never did, it was a difficult fight. I had to correct you on analogies as well, Rocky 4 is the analogy you are looking for, not Rocky 3.

Stop embrassing yourself kiddo, I can quote all your threads and past comments.

I wonder why do you guys torture yourself by following Pakistan cricket when it's all doom and gloom? That meme "Arai bhai chahte kiya ho?" comes to mind. Full strength Pakistan can equally compete really well with Australian side
These aren't Pakistan team supporters, they just pretend

Nawaz will always be the eternal bottler. Goes missing when the pressure is on. His midget level body language under the pump tells everything.
Lol he just got into form and you are still criticizing him

Even

But why you don't even want him to bat? If he didn't have batted today, pakistan would have been bowled out with in 220 which could also have created a negative impact before the actual matches. Only one thing he didn't do right was not sending saud to bat today.
Yh saud shpuld have been sent, not him, that's the point. He gains nothing out of bullying Warner lol.

Nawaz after getting 50 should have finished the game off. The guy has bottled so many games for Pakistan when under pressure, it is incredible he keeps getting so many chances, he just does not have it at this level, the team management and selectors need to move on. You can't polish a turd.

Your inconsistent logic, excuses, and bias hate were exposed in this thread today.

This is what hate does, it's clouds one's thinking.
You believe Babar would have chased 350 if he hadnt retired and I am the one the one who is illogical.

Okay sir.

Flunitrazepam for the loss today today.

Get some rest.

Recover soon.

This is part I do not understand. All the hate, yet they torture themselves by finding time and effort to watch the team they despise so much!

Unreal.

You believe Babar would have chased 350 if he hadnt retired and I am the one the one who is illogical.

Okay sir.

Flunitrazepam for the loss today today.

Get some rest.

Recover soon.
No, you believed Babar would slow down to a 100, but he retired on 90.

You believed Babar and Rizwan would hog the crease, but again were proven wrong today.

As a result you are lost for words, as I am sure you had your check list of responses to post.

Get some medicine because despite your hate towards Pakistan, you still continue to torture yourself by watching every ball of a meaningless warm up.

Pakistan lower-order did very well against Cummins, Starc and Marsh.

These three are Australia’s first choice cricketers.

Well done Nawaz, hard luck on not finishing it off.

Fakhar and Imam’s form is concerning. Our top three and Naseem were instrumental to our success. Naseem is injured and our openers have lost form at the worst possible time. Simple reason for our struggles to be honest.

Pakistan lower-order did very well against Cummins, Starc and Marsh.

These three are Australia’s first choice cricketers.

Well done Nawaz, hard luck on not finishing it off.

Fakhar and Imam’s form is concerning. Our top three and Naseem were instrumental to our success. Naseem is injured and our openers have lost form at the worst possible time. Simple reason for our struggles to be honest.
From what I remember

The lower order only scored boundaries against Marsh

@topspin I am a goated predictor.

Jokes aside when I saw what aus was doing at the back end I knew they'd troll.

This isn't the first time. They've messed with us on multiple occasions before and made a mockery out of us, I remember aus trolled Ireland in the same manner they did to us today.

They always do this in non serious games pre world cup session.

They'll dismantle the sides, then give a glimmer of hope by purposely letting sides recover, only to lose by the barest of margins and crush team spirit altogether.

Ot worked on Ireland and it defo worked on us today. Aus humiliated us beyond India.

India humialtes us but took pride in it, with Aus it felt like they weren't even acknowledging us, it was giggles from them, we got the Ireland treatment they pulled a few years ago 😂😂.

Nawaz after getting 50 should have finished the game off. The guy has bottled so many games for Pakistan when under pressure, it is incredible he keeps getting so many chances, he just does not have it at this level, the team management and selectors need to move on. You can't polish a turd.
Why are you after nawaz he has won many matches with his bowling alone.

Decent overall practice for Team Pakistan. Spinner remain a huge concern, but atleast our forefront batsmen got the practice. Batsmen who were supposed to actually perform, who few here kept cheering for were again disappointing so props to Babar and Chacha to save some face and not letting it be an embarrassing warmup loss by huge margin.

Those usual crisp top quality shots from Babar made it worth watching the warmup

This isn't the first time. They've messed with us on multiple occasions before and made a mockery out of us, I remember aus trolled Ireland in the same manner they did to us today.

They'll dismantle the sides, then give a glimmer of hope by purposely letting sides recover, only to lose by the barest of margins and crush team spirit altogether.

Ot worked on Ireland and it defo worked on us today. Aus humiliated us beyond India.

India humialtes us but took pride in it, with Aus it felt like they weren't even acknowledging us, it was giggles from them, we got the Ireland treatment they pulled a few years ago 😂😂.
They were treating us like Rizwan giggling smiling

Only they were the winning and not losing all the time

Yh saud shpuld have been sent, not him, that's the point. He gains nothing out of bullying Warner lol.
I believe he just came to bat to avoid a shamefull defeat which could have really destroyed their confidence before the start of this WC.

It was a good warm up match for Pakistan . Nawaz,Usman mir, Iftikhar are back in form .B

Was Pakistan taking seriously this match? If you think so then you don't have cricketing sense.

You know the Australia team too well.

But the truth is lost on those Misbah fans who don't understand the modern demands of the game.

From what I remember

The lower order only scored boundaries against Marsh
Sharjeel would have got knocked over (literally) quite easily by Starc, while Nawaz held his own and got Pakistan close to the finish line.

Theres the difference.

Losing these warmups is a great sign for Pakistan. PAK lost warm-up to AFG before the last World Cup and then kicked well above their weight to be in contention for semis.

They are getting their bad matches out of the way.

Sharjeel would have got knocked over (literally) quite easily by Starc, while Nawaz held his own and got Pakistan close to the finish line.

Theres the difference.
Don’t get it?

Sharjeel is an opener. He has CREAMED Starc in Australia on a regular basis

He’s not from that loser mindset

In all seriousness though, the batting is alright.

Has scored around 340 in two consecutive games, regardless of the opposition bowlers.

I am sure Rachin Ravindra wasn’t complaining when he was whacking around Agha Salman.

Erm

Did Pakistan bowl any part-times like the way Australia did?
Their best batters were playing, Pakistan took the opportunity to bowl against them and get some good bowling practice. On the other we changed our batting order and two of our best batters were rested and one retired out.

Don’t get it?

Part of the team that got knocked out in humiliating fashion the last time Pakistan played in India.

When your superstars couldn’t avoid embarrassment on ‘dushman’ soil, why do you expect these cricketers to do the same?

Not many positives to take for Pakistan here.

Bowling is a massive worry at the moment and batting has lots of holes too.

We are going into the match with doubts over what XI to field.

Part of the team that got knocked out in humiliating fashion the last time Pakistan played in India.

When your superstars couldn’t avoid embarrassment on ‘dushman’ soil, why do you expect these cricketers to do the same?
Sharjeel was very good last time in India…

Don’t understand why you need to mention him and shoot yourself in the foot?

Erm

Did Pakistan bowl any part-times like the way Australia did?
No, but they didn't bowl shaheen and hasan in death overs even when inglis was hammering wasim and rauf. Why they sent ifti and shadab ahead of babar. So, both teams were experimenting in their own way. Why you want pakistan to replicate the same things what Australia was doing?

Sharjeel was very good last time in India…

Don’t understand why you need to mention him and shoot yourself in the foot?
If Sharjeel was ‘good’, then Fakhar is a legend of Pakistan cricket.

You will get the context.

If Sharjeel was ‘good’, then Fakhar is a legend of Pakistan cricket.

You will get the context.
Mate your having a pointless argument

Right now I would take Sharjeel in a heartbeat over Imam and Abdullah

I have a hunch that this might be the final outing for both Imam(if his chacha is not the selector) and Fakhar, especially considering the young and promising talent of Saim Ayub eagerly waiting on the sidelines.

Pakistan lost warm up to SL

Pakistan won warm up vs SA

PAK lost warm up to England

PAK won warm up vs England

PAK lost warm up to AFG

PAK lost both warm ups to NZ and OZ.

Clear trends there. PAK kick above their weight and peak at the right time when they lose warm ups but peak too early and crash out when they ein these games :inti

Who needs enemies when you have “fans” celebrating our loss like they won the WC themselves.. 😓

Better to face reality than to think we are winning. We could play 10 finals with this team we still won't win 1.

Not sure why Saud Shakeel did not play today...we could have won the match...Agha Salman doesn't give good vibes tbh.

Looking at this team it seems they already know they dont stand a chance and are here to enjoy and go back. No intention whatsoever. Imagine meeting india after back to back losses. Its a waste of ones time

Mate your having a pointless argument

Right now I would take Sharjeel in a heartbeat over Imam and Abdullah
I get that Imam and Abdullah are below par but on what basis will you take Sharjeel over them, I thought he was playing the domestic season or something but I just checked CI and he last played in the PSL in March and his last 5 scores were 8,0,34,0,12. Two wrongs dont make a right.

Was Pakistan taking seriously this match? If you think so then you don't have cricketing sense.

Really I don't have cricketing sense? Against NZ and against Australia we have virtually tested our whole damn squad. Literally everyone, the only thing we didn't do was play the usual combinations we usually play but it doesn't change anything.

We now know, Abdullah, Fakhar, Imam, Agha, Shadab, Nawaz, Waseem, and hasan Ali, all useless. Their all liabilities.

It'd basically just babar and rizwan and shaheen and rauf( if he performs), we are relying on 4 players.

NZ Literally retired everyone out at 50, besides ravindra who isn't even their frontline but bullied all of us into oblivion. They treated us as a joke.

Today against Australia, we played out frontline bowlers and aus bullied us for jokes and giggles.

They Literally had to use Warner and Smith to help pakistan recover lol and make it a challenge.

If babar even came in at 3, considering babar got dropped of part timers, babar and rizwan would get the same treatment from aus frontline that everyone got. Their part timer labu got rid of 2 of our main players lol.

Australia destroyed us, then decided to help us back up and then rubbed it in by destroying us again.

Just stop it with the " Pakistan wasn't serious bro" Non sense.

Aus and NZ don't even respect us. I saw how NZ was playing warmup against SA and how they played against us lol.

Don’t know about ‘Straya trolling but you indeed had some bang on predicting action going.

Gotta give it up to you.

Jokes aside, I'm not trying to be egotistical or act as if I'm some godly predictor or anything.

I didn't predict anything bro. Australia has dome this in the past. Against teams they don't take seriously pre world cup in warmup or minnow games

They destroy teams, then help them recover, then destroy them again.

If babar hasnt retired, they'd have brought their frontliners back earlier.

They were never gonna let us win, only give us the illusion of us being in control and coming close to victory.

They did with Ireland, and even south Africa in a past warm up game I remember.

They were defo playing seriously against us, but once they dismantled us and realised our batsmen sucked, that's when their iconic trolling started.

They've done this multiple times before, it's not new, nor am I godly predictor. I just know cricket Australia and how my country functions as a cricket nation.

Australia Clinches Narrow Victory Over Pakistan

Australia 351 for 7 (Green 50*, Warner 48, Mir 2-31) beat Pakistan 337 (Babar 90, Iftikhar 83, Labuschagne 3-78) by 14 runs

In their concluding warm-up match prior to the World Cup, Australia narrowly secured a 14-run victory against Pakistan, achieving a mammoth score of 351/7, underpinned by impressive innings from Green (50*), Warner (48), and Inglis (48).

Australia’s dynamic start was somewhat curtailed by Pakistan's middle-over strikes, with Usama Mir notably dismissing both openers. Despite this, Pakistan's bowlers wilted during the death overs, conceding 126 runs in the last 12 overs amidst a ruthless assault by Maxwell and Inglis.

Pakistan’s response was initially hampered by early wickets and found themselves faltering at 83/4. Nevertheless, the subsequent partnership between Babar and Iftikhar saw them accumulate 144 runs in under 18 overs before Pakistan succumbed.

Australia experimented with their bowling in the middle overs by employing the irregular spin of Labuschagne, Smith Warner, which encountered mixed success and witnessed some exploits by Pakistan’s batters. Babar, gracefully accumulated an unbeaten 90 before retiring, and Nawaz’s spirited half-century, propelled Pakistan closer to their target. However, Australia resorted back to their main strike bowlers who delivered vital breakthroughs, which safeguarded Australia’s triumph in a match that, while chaotic, offered invaluable practice ahead of the big tournament.

Although it was only a warmup, Pakistan would be disappointed that they were not able to snatch a victory considering Australia bowled 15 overs from part-time bowlers.

Decent warm up game The team lacks the intensity though. The thrashing india gave in Asia cup had an effect. Salman Agha and hassan Ali are a waste of space. . Also shadab

Don’t get it?

I never understood the obsession with sharjeel, I don't want sharjeel back, I'd rather saim open, but if I had to pick, between Abdullah, Imam and sharjeel, Sharjeel is a no brainer.

Rather have a dude who can accelerate and smash even if he has a chance of getting dismissed early over 2 games who will get me 30 runs in 10 overs lol.

Australia tried their best to loose this game but again babar's non sense declaration cost us the game.

I believe he just came to bat to avoid a shamefull defeat which could have really destroyed their confidence before the start of this WC.
Except it was a shameful defeat.

You don't get it, Australia has done this plenty of times in the past if the games are warmups.

They'll dismantle teams, then help them recover and then crush them when their close to victory.

Bowling Warner against Mr no 1 clearly shows they don't consider babar a threat and treat him as a joke.

If babar hadn't retired out, Australia would have brought their frontliners back earlier then usual, babar wouldn't survive, he got dropped against part timers lol, and their not even part timers, their barely bowlers lol.

They manipulated the entire outcome and gave us the biggest mind boggling trolling the world has ever seen. They did demoralise us, alot.

This defeat is more humiliating then India. Against India we got thrashed but atleast those guys thrashed us with full force and took us seriously.

Australia memed us with Warner and manipulated the entire game..we were a pawn playing their rigged game that we were going to lose. They gave us the Ireland treatment that they gave to them.

We are minnows to aus. Just like we were minnows to NZ.

But Ofcourse people will call me a hater and spread the same "You don't support pakistan nonsense bro"

Iftikhar and Nawaz are big positives and Babar thrashing some spinners is good news as well.

InshaAllah, this is a world cup winning team.

why didnt pak give saud shakeel a bat today?
Same reason they didn't give Rizwan a bat. These two are in great touch and it was more important for Iftikhar and Nawaz to get a bat.

We played everyone besides saud and rizwan? Wdym full strength?

Jokes aside, I'm not trying to be egotistical or act as if I'm some godly predictor or anything.

I didn't predict anything bro. Australia has dome this in the past. Against teams they don't take seriously pre world cup in warmup or minnow games

They destroy teams, then help them recover, then destroy them again.

If babar hasnt retired, they'd have brought their frontliners back earlier.

They were never gonna let us win, only give us the illusion of us being in control and coming close to victory.

They did with Ireland, and even south Africa in a past warm up game I remember.

They were defo playing seriously against us, but once they dismantled us and realised our batsmen sucked, that's when their iconic trolling started.

They've done this multiple times before, it's not new, nor am I godly predictor. I just know cricket Australia and how my country functions as a cricket nation.
Not taking warm up serious is quite a basic instinct, why else do you think Babar came so down low :)

And that Ireland example is weak, I mean it's Ireland you are talking about which losses to all the teams majority of the times, nothing to pat yourself over with. Australia is a good team but you are making them sound like they were only doing Pakistan a favour by playing this warmup. They lost last two ODI series against India and SA, so an in form Pakistan team can equally beat Australia

Except it was a shameful defeat.

You don't get it, Australia has done this plenty of times in the past if the games are warmups.

They'll dismantle teams, then help them recover and then crush them when their close to victory.

Bowling Warner against Mr no 1 clearly shows they don't consider babar a threat and treat him as a joke.

If babar hadn't retired out, Australia would have brought their frontliners back earlier then usual, babar wouldn't survive, he got dropped against part timers lol, and their not even part timers, their barely bowlers lol.

They manipulated the entire outcome and gave us the biggest mind boggling trolling the world has ever seen. They did demoralise us, alot.

This defeat is more humiliating then India. Against India we got thrashed but atleast those guys thrashed us with full force and took us seriously.

Australia memed us with Warner and manipulated the entire game..we were a pawn playing their rigged game that we were going to lose. They gave us the Ireland treatment that they gave to them.

We are minnows to aus. Just like we were minnows to NZ.

But Ofcourse people will call me a hater and spread the same "You don't support pakistan nonsense bro"
I believe babar is not as dumb as you are thinking him to be.:LOL:
He knows very well which bowlers he hammered and Australian team is also not so dumb that they would be thinking they trolled anyone.

Some of the comments in this thread is really toxic. Guys, the actual world cup will start in a few days. Stop spreading negativity here!

You people are complaining as if we had the likes of Rohit Sharma, Starc or Kohli sitting back at home. This team has been playing for a year or so. This is what we have now and you can't change it.

Enjoy the cricket and stop stressing yourselves.

I believe babar is not as dumb as you are thinking him to be.:LOL:
He knows very well which bowlers he hammered and Australian team is also not so dumb that they would be thinking they trolled anyone.
No no, Babar is clearly knowng for being the smartest captain.

Australian team isn't dumb. They knew what they were doing. They were having a blast.

Pakistan lost warm up to SL

Pakistan won warm up vs SA

PAK lost warm up to England

PAK won warm up vs England

PAK lost warm up to AFG

PAK lost both warm ups to NZ and OZ.

Clear trends there. PAK kick above their weight and peak at the right time when they lose warm ups but peak too early and crash out when they ein these games :inti
Lol - the annual “similarities between 1992 and 20XX”

I don’t think anyone actually cared about the results.

I would have been very satisfied with the batting if we had come out all guns blazing and all out for 220 in 25 overs.

Show some intent and bottle. Grandpa and Babar only came out of their shell when the Aus batsmen came out to have a laugh and bowl

Some of the comments in this thread is really toxic. Guys, the actual world cup will start in a few days. Stop spreading negativity here!

You people are complaining as if we had the likes of Rohit Sharma, Starc or Kohli sitting back at home. This team has been playing for a year or so. This is what we have now and you can't change it.

Enjoy the cricket and stop stressing yourselves.
But hold on a minute, most of you were chest beating about being no1 a few weeks ago.

Now it’s like “sorry this is all we’ve got”

We played everyone besides saud and rizwan? Wdym full strength?
Full strength "in form" team where likes of Fakhar, Nawaz and Shadab play pivotal role regularly but they aren't, neither not having a strong pace attack bench helps Pakistan reason why all of a sudden bowling seems less threatening after Naseem's injury.

In an ODI series I would expect Australia to beat Pakistan in Australia, but not in subcontinent conditions, that too in a one off game where Pakistan does have a good chance if some of concerned players get back in form. Likes of Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen cannot rescue Pakistan all the time. Regardless of scenarios, some of fans are really over reacting and hitting the panic button too soon.

By your logic we also did Australia a favour by not playing Shaheen and Haris in this warm up, now tell us how they wouldn't have been able to make any impact because Australia treats Pakistani team as a "joke", how some of you have phrased, really childish take I would say

Lol - the annual “similarities between 1992 and 20XX”

I don’t think anyone actually cared about the results.

I would have been very satisfied with the batting if we had come out all guns blazing and all out for 220 in 25 overs.

Show some intent and bottle. Grandpa and Babar only came out of their shell when the Aus batsmen came out to have a laugh and bowl

People don't understand the difference between 2017, 1992 or 2023 and they falsely make similarities.

2017 our middle order was haris sohail, hafeez, sarfi, Imad waseem, malik with the openers being fakhar in Red hot form and unlike imam, Azhar didn't need hand holding, he kept pace with fakhar and took all pressure of him.

Bowling was strong and spin bowling was really good.

Same with 1992, 1992 was an all star team.

Yes we got lucky, we were not the best team in the tournament in 1992 or 2017 but we did have a good team, Theirs no denying it.

2023 = Abdullah, Imam, Fakhar(Current form), agha, shadab, Nawaz, Hasan ali( Current form), Wasim Jr, Rizwan.

^^ All useless. It's basically just babar who isn't a match winner alone and saud who's relatively untested in odi despite showing promise, and shaheen and rauf are volatile af.

We're basically just playing with 1 batsmen, 1 spinner (Usama) and 2 inconsistent fast bowlers. We ain't winning.

2017 team had a very strong opening and a very strong middle order. And balanced bowling. Big difference.

good warm up practice for Pakistan. The batters did well. Openers need to work hard abit

Full strength "in form" team where likes of Fakhar, Nawaz and Shadab play pivotal role regularly but they aren't, neither not having a strong pace attack bench helps Pakistan reason why all of a sudden bowling seems less threatening after Naseem's injury.

In an ODI series I would expect Australia to beat Pakistan in Australia, but not in subcontinent conditions, that too in a one off game where Pakistan does have a good chance if some of concerned players get back in form. Likes of Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen cannot rescue Pakistan all the time. Regardless of scenarios, some of fans are really over reacting and hitting the panic button too soon.

By your logic we also did Australia a favour by not playing Shaheen and Haris in this warm up, now tell us how they wouldn't have been able to make any impact because Australia treats Pakistani team as a "joke", how some of you have phrased, really childish take I would say
We played shaheen and rauf, they got tonked and humiliated today.

No one is overreacting, you're clining on to non1 facade ranks and media hype. The India, NZ and aus games should be a wake up call. I can't keep repeating myself over and over.

No no, Babar is clearly knowng for being the smartest captain.

Australian team isn't dumb. They knew what they were doing. They were having a blast.
He is no way a good captain, but definitely not a fool bhai. Just chill it was a warm up game.

He is no way a good captain, but definitely not a fool bhai. Just chill it was a warm up game.
If you insist. Will you be telling me to chill even when we het humiliated in WC games? Like against india in Asia cup?

What will be the excuse then I wonder.

Back