Pakistan A (185/5) defeat Oman (111/7) comprehensively by 74 runs in ACC Men's T20 Emerging Teams Asia Cup 2024

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
After defeat to India A in the opening match, Shaheen's team needs a victory today

---------------------------------------------------------

Warning:

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

ACC Emerging Teams T20 Asia Cup 2024 - Oman

Pakistan Shaheens vs Oman at Oman Cricket Academy Ground - Toss Update

Pakistan Shaheens won the toss and elected to bat first

zzlc9Ow.png

ZAdSOtv.png

Captain himself got this job because of strong lobby. Qasim Akram should be captain but good thing is once we are out hopefully end of Haider and Haris.

How on earth Yasir whose average is 21 got selected. No wonder we are loosing to everyone

Another day, same result: Mohammad Haris out for 3(8) against Oman in the ACC Men's T20 Emerging Teams Asia Cup 2024. He can't seem to play, bat, or score big.

2BdmUqK.jpg

Another day, same result: Mohammad Haris out for 3(8) against Oman in the ACC Men's T20 Emerging Teams Asia Cup 2024. He can't seem to play, bat, or score big.

p3fuk7V.jpg
Yet he still has kids here supporting him.

Trash player, very lucky to be in the team forget about captaincy.

Mohammef Haris the saviour of pakistani cricket isnt he. I believe there is a special thread on him created.My days how poor is the talent in Pak

Dont see the point of picking Rohail Nazir. Should have just gone with Haider Ali

Qasim 30 off 15

now 43 off 31

Whats the point of slowing down from a sr of 200 when your team was under pressure to a sr of 130ish once they were out of it???

Omair and Harris in no form in this tournament.

Dont understand these guys, they it out years being overlooked whilst being so talented...

And when they finally get highlighted by the management to showcase their ability, they dont want to step up and stake a claim!

Omair and Harris in no form in this tournament.

Dont understand these guys, they it out years being overlooked whilst being so talented...

And when they finally get highlighted by the management to showcase their ability, they dont want to step up and stake a claim!
Haris is not as good as your bandwagon claims, sorry.

Will you forget your support for Haris earlier this year and disown him like this?

I guess the only consistent support is for Saifi bhai.
Lal singh

whose disowning Harris? hes still got more balls than your bffs RizBar put together

Harris saved babar's face few times in 2022 worldcup or else 1st round exit was a 100 percent
And he's going to keep playing based on that for the next ten years, despite not having even one substantial score during that time.

The fact that he has literally zero performances and is captaining players who have out-performed him by a mile, is a joke and just because he is everyone's favorite no one wants to bat an eye-lid to this blatant corruption.

And he's going to keep playing based on that for the next ten years, despite not having even one substantial score during that time.

The fact that he has literally zero performances and is captaining players who have out-performed him by a mile, is a joke and just because he is everyone's favorite no one wants to bat an eye-lid to this blatant corruption.
Chup karke cricket dekh

no one has time for your nonsense.

Yeah just like Babar 🤣🤣

The emerging players seem to be the same as the current first team players in strategy and mindset

You can hold a match between the side that played India at NY and this side, they will both match each other. Nothing to separate the two in terms of quality and mindset.

a 5 match series will result in 3-2, and I dont know who will win it.

But he plays with intent
He does

whats your issue with it? why are you always looking for these types of players to fail? Why then do you go into hiding when your nation is embarresed like they were against USA?

He does

whats your issue with it? why are you always looking for these types of players to fail? Why then do you go into hiding when your nation is embarresed like they were against USA?
I don't have an issue with it.
I will have an issue if this single-digit clown is picked for Pakistan again.

If you want to criticise something, criticise why a guy who raced to 30 off 15 suddenly slowed down to end up with 48 off 34. Thats what you need to critique. Ask these tough questions to yourselves as a cricket nation! Its very easy to go after guys with small sample sizes who want to go fast and big.

Haris was slogging from ball 1 last game which obviously didn't work.
This game he decided to block everything against Oman 😂 which still didn't work.

I am actually baffled how this tulla is captaining A teams and emerging sides.

He has to be the biggest parchi ever.

relax, its not like he wants to dissapoint you. There are guys who want to change the fortunes of Pakistan. Trust them.
Obviously, who wants to disappoint. I mean to say he has gotten a decent backing thus far. Multiple tours with the Shaheens. He has not really delivered in any major games.

At some point he is going to have to deliver, or we can back another young guy who can marry intent with some good performances.

I liked Arafat today. Haris leapfrogged Rohail, good to see him back too.

I don't have an issue with it.
I will have an issue if this single-digit clown is picked for Pakistan again.
That's kinda harsh?

He got pakistan over the line to the semi's in 2022. Pakistan got over the line against Bangladesh thanks to him.

However imo, I think haris is batting in the wrong position..I've maintained he should be a no 7 in whiteball.

Not an opener who is required to oversea the new ball.

Obviously, who wants to disappoint. I mean to say he has gotten a decent backing thus far. Multiple tours with the Shaheens. He has not really delivered in any major games.

At some point he is going to have to deliver, or we can back another young guy who can marry intent with some good performances.

I liked Arafat today. Haris leapfrogged Rohail, good to see him back too.
Thats understandable. He knows this.

I still wouldnt go down the path of picking a guy not suited for T20 to lead the side as some of these RizBar fanatics would want.

Thats understandable. He knows this.

I still wouldnt go down the path of picking a guy not suited for T20 to lead the side as some of these RizBar fanatics would want.
Babar, Rizwan, Chacha are the 3 players who were never suited to t20 which Misbah shoved them into.

These 3 shouldn't be playing t20 at all.

As for odi and test. I'd be fine with them if they kept their form up but it hasn't happened.

It's criminal to have rizwan lead a t20 side when He's just a Misbah in batting and a clown in acting lead a side that his godfather collapsed from no 1 to USA dropouts

Dahani is the type of guy who needs to bowl around the wicket to lefties. He has a natural inswinger (out to leftie). Bowls close to the wicket so would be dangerous bowling around to lefties, will bring both edges into play.

That's kinda harsh?

He got pakistan over the line to the semi's in 2022. Pakistan got over the line against Bangladesh thanks to him.

However imo, I think haris is batting in the wrong position..I've maintained he should be a no 7 in whiteball.

That is true, but he's outlived the rope for those performances. He needs to do well in these emerging tournaments as well. This is his 4th tourney has failed in all.

That is true, but he's outlived the rope for those performances. He needs to do well in these emerging tournaments as well. This is his 4th tourney has failed in all.
By no means am I suggesting he should be recalled.

He needs to prove himself obviously.

However I've maintained whoever performs should come in. Problem with pcb is that it's not consistemt

For example if the system was fair, Kamran ghulam would have been in odi and testside 4years ago and Babar would have been dropped from test, Followed by rizwan in t20 and chacha in all formats a long long time ago.

But that isn't the mantra pcb goes by sadly.

That's kinda harsh?

Let's assume he won Pakistan the T20 world cup 2022 on his own.
Now what?

How long is he going to survive on performances from 2 years ago?

There's absolutely no method to his batting at any position. Every second ball he looks like getting out and has game awareness of a 8yr old school kid.

Are there not other deserving youngsters in all of Pakistan?

People who call for heads of other cricketers over 1 or 2 failures are okay with this lad failing game after game after game

Let's assume he won Pakistan the T20 world cup 2022 on his own.
Now what?

How long is he going to survive on performances from 2 years ago?

There's absolutely no method to his batting at any position. Every second ball he looks like getting out and has game awareness of a 8yr old school kid.

Are there not other deserving youngsters in all of Pakistan?

People who call for heads of other cricketers over 1 or 2 failures are okay with this lad failing game after game after game
I agree with you. Tbh Haris was one of the people I supported back in 2022. Sad to see him fail 4 tournaments in a row.

Regardless he needs to actually perform for a spot in the team.

By no means am I suggesting he should be recalled.

He needs to prove himself obviously.

However I've maintained whoever performs should come in. Problem with pcb is that it's not consistemt

For example if the system was fair, Kamran ghulam would have been in odi and testside 4years ago and Babar would have been dropped from test, Followed by rizwan in t20 and chacha in all formats a long long time ago.

But that isn't the mantra pcb goes by sadly.
Mohammad Wasim Laptop selected Kamran four years ago along with Agha and Saud. Azhar Ali was holding up a spot, and then they picked Agha because of his bowling. Bit of bad luck for Kamran too.

Mohammad Wasim Laptop selected Kamran four years ago along with Agha and Saud. Azhar Ali was holding up a spot, and then they picked Agha because of his bowling. Bit of bad luck for Kamran too.
It's not bad luck. Babar has been a clown in test cricket for a long long while. And it's clear he was going off reputation alone.

KG could have easily replaced him in 2022 or 2023.

But logically he should have been selected 4 years ago.

The problem with pakistan is that they are selecting performers from psl in t20, Odi and test format and it's clearly showing since the likes of shaheen do not even have the fit ess to bowl 10 overs let alone 15 to 24 in test lol.

Haris is also one of them. Doesn't play red ball, Tries to league bash his way into selection.

Dahani looks quicker. Has been playing a couple of red ball seasons. PLayed about 21 first class games so good red ball experience.

Qasim Akram has always been impressive. Captained U-19 as well and looked pretty decent all rounder. Need to get some good PSL games under his belt to get the attention of selection committee.

Back