Pakistan vs England | 3rd Test | Rawalpindi | October 24 - 28 | Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never ever seen this much effort is made by huge group of people to make pitch turn and suit home team ,even all after this if pakistan lose this test then it's going to be one big comedy series.Well if u overcook and produce spitting cobra pitch then I think there is even higher chance of pakistan losing than winning.

Hoping to see a sporting pitch.

Pakistan have the momentum after winning the 2nd Test. I think Pakistan may end up winning 2-1.

Never ever seen this much effort is made by huge group of people to make pitch turn and suit home team ,even all after this if pakistan lose this test then it's going to be one big comedy series.Well if u overcook and produce spitting cobra pitch then I think there is even higher chance of pakistan losing than winning.
if it does turn & ENG win the toss ....

India vs Bangladesh 2nd test was only lasted for less than 180 overs that doesn't pitch was Turner. It was flat pitch. :kp
That doesn't change the fact that the pitch in Ahmedabad was rated average by ICC wherein the test was finished in just 140 overs.

Which was expected considering England winning 1st test

Why have they hired a foreign pitch curator if he is capable enough to make one? Why are they playing him???

Pakistan should try and make a rank-turner. Yeah, we have not seen Rawalpindi like that but it should be like Multan pitch now.

Series is on the line.
We all are hoping, however chances are slim.

That doesn't change the fact that the pitch in Ahmedabad was rated average by ICC wherein the test was finished in just 140 overs.

Which was expected considering England winning 1st test
India did not use any used pitch in test history like Pakistan .

Pakistan is only nation which played a test on used pitch in test cricket history . :kp

I would drop Zahid and Shafique for Hamza and Ali (wish Naseem was here instead)

Don't know how the pitch is going to behave, so best to add extra bowlers

Guys like Sajid and Nauman can bat, so won't be much of an issue

Something like

Saim
Shan
KG
Saud
Salman
Rizwan
Jamal
Nauman
Sajid
Ali
Hamza

England name XI for third Test:

England Men have confirmed their XI for the third Test against Pakistan, which is set to commence on Thursday in Rawalpindi.

There are two changes from the second Test in Multan. Seamer Gus Atkinson returns and leg-spinner Rehan Ahmed is named for the first time since the Test match against India in Rajkot back in February. Durham pair Brydon Carse and Matthew Potts both miss out.

England's XI for the third Test:

1. Zak Crawley
2. Ben Duckett
3. Ollie Pope
4. Joe Root
5. Harry Brook
6. Ben Stokes (C)
7. Jamie Smith
8. Gus Atkinson
9. Rehan Ahmed
10. Jack Leach
11. Shoaib Bashir

England Men have confirmed their XI for the third Test against Pakistan, which is set to commence on Thursday in Rawalpindi.

There are two changes from the second Test in Multan. Seamer Gus Atkinson returns and leg-spinner Rehan Ahmed is named for the first time since the Test match against India in Rajkot back in February. Durham pair Brydon Carse and Matthew Potts both miss out.

1. Zak Crawley
2. Ben Duckett
3. Ollie Pope
4. Joe Root
5. Harry Brook
6. Ben Stokes (C)
7. Jamie Smith
8. Gus Atkinson
9. Rehan Ahmed
10. Jack Leach
11. Shoaib Bashir
so we have a turner ....

Thread is about Pakistan vs england 3rd test.

Please talk about this game. Forget India etc for this thread

Well whatever things u are doing with pitch just make sure it turns otherwise if pakistan go with same bowling lineup and pitch ended up not turning much then we may see Another Carnage like the first test , all 3 uncle spinners will become enemy no 1 from hero.

1. Zak Crawley
2. Ben Duckett
3. Ollie Pope
4. Joe Root
5. Harry Brook
6. Ben Stokes (C)
7. Jamie Smith
8. Gus Atkinson
9. Rehan Ahmed
10. Jack Leach
11. Shoaib Bashir
Three spinner and alone pacer. Another rank Turner is awaiting.

1. Zak Crawley
2. Ben Duckett
3. Ollie Pope
4. Joe Root
5. Harry Brook
6. Ben Stokes (C)
7. Jamie Smith
8. Gus Atkinson
9. Rehan Ahmed
10. Jack Leach
11. Shoaib Bashir
What would be crazy is if the pindi pitch don't even spin, and pakistan go in with 4 pacers.
Would shatter the England preparation for spin 😁

What would be crazy is if the pindi pitch don't even spin, and pakistan go in with 4 pacers.
Would shatter the England preparation for spin 😁
England will beat Pakistan if they play the flat pitch game.

Bazzball is their fortei, and they can outgun Pakistan.

Infact in the 2nd test Pakistan is lucky to have batted first as pak's 2nd innings showcased what would have happened if roles were reversed and eng batted first.

Best option is to win the toss and prepare a spin pitch that deteriorates over time.

Pakistan can't win when it comes to outbatting on a phatta.

England will beat Pakistan if they play the flat pitch game.

Bazzball is their fortei, and they can outgun Pakistan.

Infact in the 2nd test Pakistan is lucky to have batted first as pak's 2nd innings showcased what would have happened if roles were reversed and eng batted first.

Best option is to win the toss and prepare a spin pitch that deteriorates over time.

Pakistan can't win when it comes to outbatting on a phatta.
Gives pakistan an advantage with the bat if they have to face 3 spinners and a pacer on a flat track

Gives pakistan an advantage with the bat if they have to face 3 spinners and a pacer on a flat track
Yes but Pakistan cannot score 800. Ther ceiling is 400 to 580 regardless.

They don't have the fitness and that fitness got massively exposed so much so that the likes of @RedwoodOriginal started flaunting about shan's 151 in the heat but ignored how fit the English batters were batting all day even with cramps while Abdullah and Shan went dead very quickly.

This was a case with the other batters as well.

Pakistan will lose 100% if they prepare a road.

They need to prepare a spin track and bat first if they can. It's the UAE way or the highway(in this case highway refers to a massive butchering by England)

Yup , Naseem is best choice but he is not available for selection .

Pakistan can Play another Batsman if there are not quality pacer available .

On a turning track four bowlers are more than enough .
I was pretty angry at the pacers for conceding 800+ plus but I think on a pitch like that you can only blame them so much. Naseem would have been the best option to replace Zahid. But based on what we have, I'd go with Mir Hamza. He can make the new ball count.

Yeah Sajid and Nauman can bowl the lion's share of the overs. If you need an extra spin option you got Agha.

No Carse

Rizwan must have been doing Sajdeh all night praying to God for him to be rested. His prayers answered
Hmm so you have a problem with Sajda.

With every prostration, you are not just lowering your head, you are elevating your soul closer to Allah.

Look for opportunities to do Sajda, you will find inner peace.

I was pretty angry at the pacers for conceding 800+ plus but I think on a pitch like that you can only blame them so much. Naseem would have been the best option to replace Zahid. But based on what we have, I'd go with Mir Hamza. He can make the new ball count.

Yeah Sajid and Nauman can bowl the lion's share of the overs. If you need an extra spin option you got Agha.
Saud today in press conference said that Hamza hasn't trained for a couple of days because of discomfort on his hip.

Naseem isn't in the squad also. The only option for pace then is Mohammad Ali

Saud today in press conference said that Hamza hasn't trained for a couple of days because of discomfort on his hip.

Naseem isn't in the squad also. The only option for pace then is Mohammad Ali
Yeah I know about Naseem but that's disappointing to hear about Hamza. We'll have to go with Mohammad Ali I guess.

PAK vs ENG: Selectors camping in Rawalpindi to oversee pitch preparation

Pakistan's cricket selectors, Aaqib Javed, Aleem Dar, Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali, are camping here to oversee the preparation of a pitch that offers ample turn in the decisive third and final Test against England starting on Thursday.

"The ground staff has been instructed to prepare a pitch that offers plenty of assistance to the spinners as Pakistan wants to attack England again with slow bowlers," a source close to the selectors said.

SOURCE: https://www.business-standard.com/c...oversee-pitch-preparation-124102100964_1.html

Selectors decide playing XI and now overseeing pitch preparation. Is there anything they can't do?

I'd rather go with 10 players than Mohammad Ali. That's how unimpressive he has been in Test Cricket
He's the only pacer I've ever seen to go an entire test game without getting a single edge or knick.

I don't recall seeing any other pace bowler in test history achieve that, not only trundlers on phatta wickets.

Aqib is now eyeing Rizwan’s position. If they play Haseebullah instead of Abdullah Shafique, it will be evident that Rizwan’s position in Test matches will be in danger in the upcoming fixtures.

He's the only pacer I've ever seen to go an entire test game without getting a single edge or knick.

I don't recall seeing any other pace bowler in test history achieve that, not only trundlers on phatta wickets.
Huffing and puffing to bowl at Hasan Ali speed without getting any play and miss

I'd rather go with 10 players than Mohammad Ali. That's how unimpressive he has been in Test Cricket
I'm not a fan but tbf he has only ever played on dead flat wickets. He's also the only pacer left if you take out Shaheen, Naseem, Mir Hamza and Khurram Shahzad.

1. Zak Crawley
2. Ben Duckett
3. Ollie Pope
4. Joe Root
5. Harry Brook
6. Ben Stokes (C)
7. Jamie Smith
8. Gus Atkinson
9. Rehan Ahmed
10. Jack Leach
11. Shoaib Bashir
So England taking a leaf out of our book and going for three spinners. Mir Hamza/Mohammed Ali may not get a game then. In these circumstances it might be best to give Mumtaz his cap.

A little harsh to leave out Carse as well, He was by far England's best pacer across the two games. Guess they bought back Atkinson to strengthen the batting a bit

I'd be surprised If this pitch turns maybe the last day it may breakup a little but I doubt it will give the aid the used strip did in multan

Due to excessive drying they will kill any bounce left in thus pitch and pakistan pitches are like concrete they dont break uo so expect a road
But due to excessive drying which kill the pace and bounce even the quicks will probably toil on this the spinners won't get the purchase and our quick are trundlers we don't have the 5.10ft + express bowlers of the past who could break their back on such pitches and were great exponents of getting the reverse swing gone are those days

So England taking a leaf out of our book and going for three spinners. Mir Hamza/Mohammed Ali may not get a game then. In these circumstances it might be best to give Mumtaz his cap.

A little harsh to leave out Carse as well, He was by far England's best pacer across the two games. Guess they bought back Atkinson to strengthen the batting a bit

Zahid mahmood isn't needed I'd play mir hamza or m ali

Sajid and nauman have the engine to bowl many overs and they can easily he complemented by saim , agha and ghulam if needed.

Jamal is not a new ball bowler or one who can bowl extended spells he more of a short spell 3rd 4th seam all round option not an out an out bowler

Good news for Pakistan as they play spinners better than English fast bowlers who have been quite effective against Pakistan despite the nature of pitches. Atkinson posed the least threat from their pacers. Pakistan has no option but to play Mohd Ali as all other pacers are either rested or unavailable due to injury concern. Abdullah is lucky to get another chance as Hurraira also got viral infection. Less pace bowlers for Abdullah to worry about.

Zahid mahmood isn't needed I'd play mir hamza or m ali

Sajid and nauman have the engine to bowl many overs and they can easily he complemented by saim , agha and ghulam if needed.

Jamal is not a new ball bowler or one who can bowl extended spells he more of a short spell 3rd 4th seam all round option not an out an out bowler
I wouldn't be opposed to a 2nd seamer, it gives a back up option if this pitch doesn't turn as much as planned. It is likely though that they're going to stick to 3 spinners which means a Mumtaz cap would be the best way to go.

It is completely and utterly ridiculous
Don't know about you, but I may give them a pass for pitch preparation. Not their job, but I can ignore.

I don't think selectors should be deciding playing XI. That's not done anywhere and there are very good reasons for that.

Next, we may hear that selectors will start coaching the team.

Harry Brook expressed great optimism ahead of the series-deciding third Test against Pakistan:

"It's exciting, it's good to play in deciding games, and hopefully, we can put in a good performance"

"God knows, to be honest. Everybody goes and looks at the wickets and says something different. You just have to wait and see. Hopefully, it's like any other Pakistani pitch – good to bat on for the first few days, and then we can get some turn at the backend."

"It was nice to get that amount of runs, but I’m still hungry to score a lot more. Hopefully, I can play a big part in this game."

"Obviously, they’re both going to play a massive part in their team this week. We’ve spoken about game plans, and hopefully, it pays off."

Yup , Naseem is best choice but he is not available for selection .

Pakistan can Play another Batsman if there are not quality pacer available .

On a turning track four bowlers are more than enough .
As per @Saj himself , Naseem has injury/fitness issues.

The square is not dry and there won't be much reverse this game which is why even England are playing only 1 seamer.

Pakistan has historically struggled against wrist-spinners. There has been a long line of leg-spinners that have bamboozled our batsmen. Warne, MacGill, Kumble, Adil Rashid, Sodhi, Kuldeep to name a few. Even Rehan took 5 wickets last time around in Karachi. If the pitch turns, Rehan could be a handful against Pakistani batsmen. He'll be their trump card.

Agree.

1 pacer is a risky strategy.
Yeah because I'm sure in the first two days Rawalpindi wicket will support pacers since the weather is a bit colder there compared to Multan and new pitch would also support some seam and bounce so relying on just one pacer would be risky.

India did not use any used pitch in test history like Pakistan .

Pakistan is only nation which played a test on used pitch in test cricket history . :kp
Lol how does that matter ? Are you are saying there is no other method of pitch doctoring other than using same pitch ? And just because India didn't use this method so they are saints?

Give this argument to ICC who gave poor rating to that pitch where Your test match literally got over within 140 overs. Baffling to see here you are lecturing others how unfair was it with England, whose captain and coach was quite satisfied with the pitch. Plus haven't seen any ICC officials giving it poor rating like your Ahmedabad pitch got.

2 pacers are necessary in Pindi. Zahid was absolutely clueless in Multan that was pure spin-heaven. He is not gonna do any better in pindi. Replace him with a pacer.

Hamza is not gonna play I think, he was having some hip problems. Ali might get a chance.

2 pacers are necessary in Pindi. Zahid was absolutely clueless in Multan that was pure spin-heaven. He is not gonna do any better in pindi. Replace him with a pacer.

Hamza is not gonna play I think, he was having some hip problems. Ali might get a chance.
As per some reports, Mohammad Ali is replacing Zahid, which is a fair call.

Seems like Brendon has enforced Kiwi colours to the english team lol

Attachments

• Brendon 4.png
    Brendon 4.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 11
Pakistan has announced the Playing XI for the 3rd and final Test match against England:

Z20qsD6.png

Pakistan has announced the Playing XI for the 3rd and final Test match against England:

Z20qsD6.png
So they doens't Change the winning team . Interesting as both team are now going with alone pacer .

Toss is very important factor , whoever win the toss , most likely Win the match as well .

So they doens't Change the winning team . Interesting as both team are now going with alone pacer .

Toss is very important factor , whoever win the toss , most likely Win the match as well .
Yes, interms of Spinners playing talent both teams are almost at par ,so whoever wins toss ,will most likely win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back