India A (183/8) secure a narrow 7-run victory over Pakistan Shaheens (176/7) in an electrifying Group B clash of ACC T20 Emerging Teams Asia Cup 2024

I am not going to watch any of India's match in the tournament.. Due to questionable selection of mediocre bowlers, i lost all the interest .

Pakistan messed this up throughout

They should have won this

Haider Ali became possessed by the spirit of Rizwan Symonds 😭

I felt like Pakistan were the better side but India’s fielding won it for them and lifted their energy.

Having said that, Pakistan went out on their shield, which can’t be said for the international side.

selfish tilak almost cost the game. When he has far more experienced rahul chahar at his disposal using himself as a bowler was purely with the intention of coming into Indian side all rounder

India A edged past Pakistan A by a narrow margin of 7 runs in their ACC Men's T20 Emerging Teams Asia Cup 2024 opener on Saturday

After opting to bat first, India A posted a solid total of 183 for 8 in 20 overs at Al Amerat Cricket Ground in Oman. Tilak Varma top-scored with 44 off 35, while Prabhsimran Singh (36 off 19) and Abhishek Sharma (35 off 22) also played crucial cameos. India scored 68 runs in the first powerplay but the introduction of spinners brought Pakistan back in the game. Despite getting blows at regular intervals, India managed to post a solid total on the board.

Sufiyan Muqeem was the pick of the bowlers for Pakistan with figures of 2 for 28. In reply, Pakistan fought really well and even dominated the match at certain stages but India's remarkable comeback handed the Tilak Varma-led side a well-deserved victory. Anshul Kamboj was the top wicket-taker for India with figures of 3 for 33. Rasikh Dar Salam and Nishant Sindhu also picked two wickets each.

Source: NDTV

Tilak was playing for the opposition

Momentum killing knock and pathetic captaincy, gave Just 1 over to Rahul Chahar

MI has wasted 3 seasons on this clown

Tilak was playing for the opposition

Momentum killing knock and pathetic captaincy, gave Just 1 over to Rahul Chahar

MI has wasted 3 seasons on this clown
Highly suspicious. Rahul Chahar has 130 T20 wickets in 120 ga mes. Tilak varma has 6 wickets in 84 games. He was never used a bowler for india. I hardly remember him seeing bowl for MI either. infact Ramandeep bowls better seam bowling than his darts.

Talent without temperament is worthless. Basic skill + warrior mentality is what it takes to succeed.
I went through the pages expecting Rizwan fans taking digs at Rana for Haris' shot but didn't expect someone from this side of border to be doing this. You are really passionate with your support on Rizwan 😷

Someone on twitter saying Babar could have joined the squad after not being part of 2nd test squad lol
Naseem and Shaheen are eligible to play this tournament. For Babar to play, one among the 3 over 25 players will have to sit out

Would have loved to see Ashutosh Sharma and Shawshank Singh in this squad. They are proper T20 hitters and match winners.

Overall, Indian team selection is very average. Bowling is mediocre.

Would have loved to see Ashutosh Sharma and Shawshank Singh in this squad. They are proper T20 hitters and match winners.

Are you even aware that this an u25 tournament?

Vaibhav played for a side that had death bowling of Starc, Russell, Harshit Rana. He was never used in death. Not sure who picked this squad without any decent death bowling options.

When was the last time Pakistan has beaten in any cricket game?

We beat you in U19, Emerging cricket, men's cricket, women game and also in legends tournament.

:rabada2
Pakistan won the legends game the first one but lost the final, and in emerging prior to this match we beat India in the final

Indias fielding was the difference they where brilliant today

Are these guys under-25? seriously?
No all of them are not. Last year all uncles played and tayyab tahir(30 years) got the mom in the finals.bng even played soymya Sarkar. Due to lack of upcoming crop in u 23 ,apart from us rest are sending domestic bully's or uncle's for multiple times.Haris played last year too.I think ind won only once as rest have completely changed rules. They're simply not addressing the bigger problem of lack of young talent or nurturing u 19 team

Haris and Haider should have looked more mature but they once again showed why they should not be representing Pakistan atm.

Miss or hit players who missed more times, almost 8-9 out of 10 times.

Arafat Minhas speaking during an interview:

"The match between Pakistan Shaheens and India A was very interesting. We tried our best but the result didn't go in our favor. We learned a lot from this match. We will try to cover up in the next matches and win.

"My effort was to establish a partnership, thinking that if we have wickets in hand, we will be able to achieve the target. I tried to stay on the wicket but couldn't finish."

"The pitch was helpful for spinners, and taking wickets in the middle overs would benefit the team."

I am not going to watch any of India's match in the tournament.. Due to questionable selection of mediocre bowlers, i lost all the interest .
so who bowlers, as per you should have been selected here? i'd take Umraan, kuldeep sen....unless there is an age group criteria or limitation on number of international matches played prior..

I watched the match and I was mighty impressed of 2 pakistani players.
1) Arafat minhas... What a talent. Could be the allrounder Pakistan is looking for
2) Qasim akram. Sound batsman and a good bowler. Deserves a place in senior team.

so who bowlers, as per you should have been selected here? i'd take Umraan, kuldeep sen....unless there is an age group criteria or limitation on number of international matches played prior..
Yes Umraan, Kuldeep Sen, Vidwath Kaverappa and Mohsin Khan

Back