Pakistan A v Australia A | 1st Test | Faisalabad | [12/9/07]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
Four day game due to start today in Faisalabad. Pakistan dominated the ODI series
hopefully they will do same in these two four day games been played.

Usual scorecards are updated mid-after noon UK time so should be in next few hours

live coverage would have been ideal thou.

Can't believe how poor coverage of this tour has been. Many people are interested, don't see why they can't cover it a little bit better.

Very bad day for Pakistan, Abdur Rauf's (a tailender) batting was the only positive.

Hopefully we can fight back tomorrow.

I don't know why Taufeeq bowled more than Rauf and Mansoor.

strange that Gillespie is not playing. He couldn't have been called just for the ODIs???
Taufeeq Umer bowled 5 overs already out of 35 over. Paksitan bowling looks weak if they have to do this

Would have liked to have seen Adnan Raza in the team. There are no new faces in the line-up bar Khalid Latif.

Hasan Raza like faisal iqbal is a top player of spin, poor player of pace.

Should be update in a few hours or so...

Aussies have alot of batting so id expect probably 350-400+ atleast from them!

Absolutely woeful coverage. A total disgrace. I was looking forward to following this online while the 20/20 parade past relatively unnoticed. But now the only news I seem to find is Australia being beaten by Zimbabwe!!

cricinfo is covering Ind 'A 'vs SA 'A' but not this one and PCB hasn't updated the scorecard for today

Since very long I am wondering if cricinfo is an official site for ICC or India? If it is for India then we have to live with it, since they should have full right to show their loyalities, but if it is ICC site then every member country should be treated equally.

This is one example, beside this also if you look all of the 2020 WC matches are listed in chronological order except India, which they list as first for the day even if they are playing last game of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
hellopak said:
Since very long I am wondering if cricinfo is an official site for ICC or India? If it is for India then we have to live with it, since they should have full right to show their loyalities, but if it is ICC site then every member country should be treated equally.

This is one example, beside this also if you look all of the 2020 WC matches are listed in chronological order except India, which they list as first for the day even if they are playing last game of the day.
as far as I know, it is neither official site for ICC nor India (BCCI).. I think it is owned by ESPN and I think they have every right to cover only whatever they like..

dinakar said:
as far as I know, it is neither official site for ICC nor India (BCCI).. I think it is owned by ESPN and I think they have every right to cover only whatever they like..

yes they do

But they shouldn't market themselves as the 'home of cricket on the internet' when in reality they are only the 'home of Indian cricket on the internet'

Hope no-ones gonna be complaining about the scorecard not being updated tomorrow.

David Hussey is God :19:. I'd rather he was playing for Nottinghamshire against Somerset (next week), but seeing as we only need a point for promotion now, I'll forgive him for enhancing his chances of a full Australia call-up. He's incredible when he gets going, and what's more he scores runs at a belting rate. I also think he tops the Sixes League in both First-Class and One-Day domestic cricket this season.

We can still salvage a draw from this with a big second innings score. Hopefully the likes of Latif, Hameed and Amjad can make some big scores in the second innings.

hellopak said:

spot on

Milroastnescafe said:
I also sent an email about that, and got a rude response from 'Martin Williamson' in reply.

In this day and age they cannot get away with such an idiotic behavior...care to post it here and in a few 100 forums, to promote welfare and good will towards Cricinfo
7.gif

Milroastnescafe said:
I also sent an email about that, and got a rude response from 'Martin Williamson' in reply.

what did he say?

Just got my reply from Martin Williamson.

This is what he said....

Martin Williamson said:
We are not allowed to do live scoring from the grounds as we do not have the internet rights, so we have to make do with end-of-day scorecards. We have to suffice with end-of-day reports.

We rarely cover A-team matches with live reports. It so happens that we have someone in Delhi able to do this.

rather then bashing cricinfo the pcb marketing/press dept has to take some responsibility too. They could easily update their website every half an hour.

Billy said:
Apparently when English players played in South Africa in the 80s it was disgusting and unjustifiable but when Australians played there it was ok because .. er... they weren't English.

You have to understand that the Aussies have spent centuries in a hot climate and are therefore much browner that their English counterparts. This extra browness means that they cant be considered white and therefore supporters of apartheid.

Mercenary said:
You have to understand that the Aussies have spent centuries in a hot climate and are therefore much browner that their English counterparts. This extra browness means that they cant be considered white and therefore supporters of apartheid.

Boycs never could quite manage the all-round California tan. :(

pak4life said:
rather then bashing cricinfo the pcb marketing/press dept has to take some responsibility too. They could easily update their website every half an hour.

www.pcb.com.pk has all internet rights for cricket coverage in Pakistan - it use to be cricinfo but not anymore.

I think it will be best to contact some one pcb.

Hasan Raza talks a big game, but when it really matters he doesnt do much does he.

Done and dusted pretty much...just as I mentioned after the first ODI match; Aussie A boys will take some time to acclimatize and now it's our tried and tested failures showing their true potential again

PCB Selectors for Oscar!

Hasan raza the so called superstar fails again!

an average player of pace and that will never change!

David Hussey's 29th FC century, @55 with a strike rate over 70. Yet he is without a central contract. ACB should be ashamed.

No idea how these bowlers managed to pick 13 wickets so far this game. Pak must have had a couple of below-par performances with the bat, because I certainly wouldn't be confident of beating the majority of test playing nations with Bollinger and Noffke opening.

Aus-A win by an innings and 203 runs. Excellent performance considering how toothless our bowling looked after the limited overs games.

Mansoor Amjad has patience and consistent. Pretty similar SR in both innings
1st innings 25 off 90
2nd Innings 40 off 170

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back