Pakistan 'A' v Australia 'A' | 3rd ODI | [9/09/07] PAK WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hash

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan A won the toss and Faisal Iqbal elected to bowl.

Australia A 331 for 9 after 50 overs (someone got a century can't remember who, and Mansoor Amjad took 5 for 50)

More updates as and when I (or anyone else) get them

Last edited:
thanks Hash.

I was just wondering what had happened in this match.

A big chase for the "A" boys but we seem to have a few in form. Should be interesting.

i still can't believe nobody is covering these games

I hope the tests are covered

I just got the above update from dawn news.

Hash said:
i still can't believe nobody is covering these games

I hope the tests are covered

I just got the above update from dawn news.
Cricinfo is covering a third class competition between a pakistni and Indian team but not this one. Thats why I think it is very imp pcb put some serious efforts to improve pcb website and scoring.

331 is quite a bit but nice to Mansoor pick up 5 wickets.

Everyone one of our batsman are pretty much in form, Yasir, Taufeeq, Faisal especialy, so should be an interesting chase.

Cricket_Baseball said:
Pakist A won 3rd unofficial ODI by six wickets - khalid latif 142 not out, they also won series by 3-0

:O :O :O

wow - just wondering is this aus "a" attack any good ?

Cricket_Baseball said:
Pakist A won 3rd unofficial ODI by six wickets - khalid latif 142 not out, they also won series by 3-0

wow sounds like fun

Magnificent performances from the 'A' team throughout the ODI series, Insh'Allah they'll show the same lions performance throughout the test series.

Wow; our boys have done fantastically!

PCB seriously underestimating the unquenchable thirst from fans to be kept updated on these games.

A total missed opportunity for this series.

australian second graders are used to bouncy pitches -

one of the reasons why they haven't realised what to do.

Toony™® said:

hmmm, ironic that

Toony™® said:

haaah the ozzies are nothing more then a bunch of BTB's (Bouncy Track Bullies) !!

:p

ha, not at the time. but with the relative ease your guys have been chasing down our totals it was pretty easy to predict.

from an australia perspective, while disappointed, not overly concerned, as none of Noffke, Gillespie or Bollinger are 'future prospects' as such. It'd be alot more worried if it was the batsman like Jacques, Hussey, Voges White (though not sure who scored what in this match) were failing, as I think a couple could be in the team by next tour abroad over there.

In the end, Pak-A batting was simply immense and bowlers had seemingly no idea what to do. Congrats. Hope theres better coverage for the test series.

:O :O

What an amazing chase! Simply superb winning 3-0!

K Latif 142*? He is an opener...hmm

Hopefully it was David Hussey...

...like I said earlier, Australia A's batting is fantastic, but their bowling is dreadful. Hilfenhaus is off with the Twenty20 squad, and the rest are just county rubbish bar Gillespie, who is way past it now. Bollinger doesn't take wickets in Div Two, and Noffke's alright but no better.

Agreed, had Hilfenhaus beein the squad, Pakistan A would have struggled much more.

He is lighting it up in the warmup matches, especially yesterday.

iZeeshan said:
Agreed, had Hilfenhaus beein the squad, Pakistan A would have struggled much more.

He is lighting it up in the warmup matches, especially yesterday.

Twenty is alot more different than an ODI on a flat track in teh searing heat.

Another century for Yasir Hameed and a duck for Faisal Iqbal.

Australia shouldn't take any notice of what the quicks are going for but I reckon they ought to think a bit about their young spinners...

great performance through out the series! amazing, didn't think we'd even win the series let alone whitewash Australia. Good stuff boy, you made us proud! Keep up the good work through the test series as well.

Yasir Hameed is going ballistic this series.. he has batted superbly the whole time..

brilliant performance.cullen billed the next warne took a battering.

Gooner said:
I've said it before and i will say it agen, get Yasir in the South Africa squad.

He would have to get SA citizenship and wait 4 years without playing for Pakistan.

Not sure if it is feasible. Does he have any family link to SA? Might take 10 years of living there for him to get citizenship. He'll be too old by then.

I have to say, when I saw Hash open this topic last night, I did NOT think Pakistan was going to get close to the target. Well done boys. Keep going!

Easa said:
Yasir Hameed is going ballistic this series.. he has batted superbly the whole time..

Seem like the day came when PCB will have no option but to let play 4 players from NWFP in playing eleven.

Yasir, Younis, Afridi and Gul.

Easa said:

I've always maintained that Hameed is the best batsman in Pakistan after the big 3.

Unfortunately he has one (rather) fatal flaw, he likes to go fishing!!

hellopak said:
Seem like the day came when PCB will have no option but to let play 4 players from NWFP in playing eleven.

Yasir, Younis, Afridi and Gul.

i thought afridi was from karachi?

Mercenary said:
I've always maintained that Hameed is the best batsman in Pakistan after the big 3.

Unfortunately he has one (rather) fatal flaw, he likes to go fishing!!

so does younis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back