Pakistan beat India to clinch Asian Junior Squash Championship

Colorblind Genius

First Class Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
CHENNAI – Pakistan's junior squash team outclassed India to clinch the 21st Asian Junior Squash Championship on Sunday.

Pakistani duo of Noor Zaman and Hamaz Khan outclassed their opponents to bag the competition 2-0 in the eastern Indian city of Chennai to secure the title for Pakistan.

Hamza slammed Paarth Ambani 11-7, 11-5, and Noor Zaman beat Krishna Mishra 12-10, 9-11, 13-11, and 11-9.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/12-...ia-to-clinch-asian-junior-squash-championship

well done guys!!
Ghar mein ghuss kar maara

And some people say that India is not safe for Pakistanis.

You'd expect Pakistan to win in squash looking at our history.

And some people say that India is not safe for Pakistanis.

Firstly you should always congratulate the winners from Pakistan. :sachin

Indians have also travelled to Pakistan and its been safe for them. Its mainly cricketers who are not allowed to travel to Pakistan. I guess for India other athletes going is fine and there is no terrorism against India by Pak.

Firstly you should always congratulate the winners from Pakistan. :sachin

Indians have also travelled to Pakistan and its been safe for them. Its mainly cricketers who are not allowed to travel to Pakistan. I guess for India other athletes going is fine and there is no terrorism against India by Pak.

I don't need to congratulate them. Because they are not from my country, and nor do I care for a joke of a game called squash.

I don't need to congratulate them. Because they are not from my country, and nor do I care for a joke of a game called squash.

What an ignorant take. Squash is many times more physically tasking than most sports in the world and it's one of the most entertaining sports to play. Cricket doesn't come close to squash when it comes to the fitness required to play.

Last edited:
What an ignorant take. Squash is many times more physically tasking than most sports in the world and it's one of the most entertaining sports to play. Cricket doesn't come close to squash when it comes to the fitness required to play.

True a pot belly player like rohit wouldn't last two secs..

Sadly don't know much about the sport apart from Jahangir Khan, but the gym I frequent here in Europe has a whole zone dedicated to squash, with many (predominantly Whites) partaking in the game (not seen any other gym here with some extra-space for another sport).

It's a little anecdote probably worthless but I found it interesting to share in the context of your comment.

Sadly don't know much about the sport apart from Jahangir Khan, but the gym I frequent here in Europe has a whole zone dedicated to squash, with many (predominantly Whites) partaking in the game (not seen any other gym here with some extra-space for another sport).

It's a little anecdote probably worthless but I found it interesting to share in the context of your comment.

Squash is the healthiest sport to play according to Forbes magazine.

https://www.topendsports.com/world/lists/fittest-sport/healthiest-forbes.htm

Unlike other sports, there is almost no resting period in squash once one of the players serves the ball. This sport requires bursts of energy consistently. If you slow down even for a second you'll lose a point.

I highly recommend it to people that are looking to improve their health.

Taxing*

One of the toughest games to play - physical fitness of squash players is amazing

Squash is the healthiest sport to play according to Forbes magazine.

https://www.topendsports.com/world/lists/fittest-sport/healthiest-forbes.htm

Unlike other sports, there is almost no resting period in squash once one of the players serves the ball. This sport requires bursts of energy consistently. If you slow down even for a second you'll lose a point.

I highly recommend it to people that are looking to improve their health.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Wonder if the PCB management shouldn’t enforce the intl players to get some squash practice, or even the govt to recommend it nationwide at school level, because not only it’s the fittest sport but is also individual and doesn’t ask for much financial investment.

Interesting you only will congratulate fellow Indians, thank god for IPL Indians will win every year :)))

Have you played squash? I have plenty, it requires serious cardio and serious skill.

One step forward, 2 steps back

==

ISLAMABAD: The Professional Squash Association (PSA) has imposed a thirteen-week ban on Hamza Khan’s participation in international events for not honouring his commitments due to his national duties and his failure to get his passport in time to figure in the PSA events.

A well-informed source has told ‘The News’ that the former champion of British Junior Open has been banned from competing in any PSA event till May 15 following his inability to compete in the last four international events after sending his entry or getting a wildcard for the purpose.

Back