Pakistan cricket stadiums

psveindhoven

Debutant
Runs
Who has pictures of Pakistan cricket stadiums?

What's the oldest cricket stadium in the country? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan needs better grounds even Bangladesh has better grounds than us.

waqar akram said:
ive got some pics but i dont know how to post them
have a look in the FAQ section under the Home option and in there you'll see how to post pics.

Are they being properly maintained ? Since there hasn't been any international cricket in Pakistan for some time

Lahore, Pakistan

Gaddafi_Stadium.png

110408.jpg

Last edited:
Sialkot, Pakistan

Attachments

• Jinnah_Cricket_Stadium4.jpg
    Jinnah_Cricket_Stadium4.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,851
Last edited:
heartbreaking that no international cricket is played in these stadiums anymore.

for me gaddafi stadium and pindi stadium are the best

man multan stadium was the best ,,
does quetta have a stadium.........
man they look knackered tho

the lack of cricket has meant that only lahore and karachi and occasionaly pindi see some players the rest seem to have gone to waste,

The stadiums in Gujranwala and Hyderabad are quite a depressing sight to see.Especially Hyderabad which was being used as a 'shaadi' hall until the PCB finally took action.

I know that Nasim Ashraf tried to renovate the smaller grounds and introduce a rotational policy that the BCCI had done.Sheikhpura and Hyderabad hosted ODIs vs Zimbabwe in 2008 which was a positive step.

However,the 2009 Lahore attacks have definitely changed everything and these smaller stadiums are left to rot once again.

The stadiums in Gujranwala and Hyderabad are quite a depressing sight to see.Especially Hyderabad which was being used as a 'shaadi' hall until the PCB finally took action.

I know that Nasim Ashraf tried to renovate the smaller grounds and introduce a rotational policy that the BCCI had done.Sheikhpura and Hyderabad hosted ODIs vs Zimbabwe in 2008 which was a positive step.

However,the 2009 Lahore attacks have definitely changed everything and these smaller stadiums are left to rot once again.

They must still be hosting a lot of domestic matches , hopefully there are maintaining them to the right standards

IIRC, Rawalpindi was renovated quite heavily in 2007 and 2008. Don't really know how it looks like now since neither have I seen it in pictures, nor on TV.

They must still be hosting a lot of domestic matches , hopefully there are maintaining them to the right standards

I don't think there is a Hyderabad or Gujranwala team.

They may be playing at Karachi,the other venue in Sindh,rather than Hyderabad.

As for Gujranwala,they don't have a team and there are a lot of other venues in Punjab.

Would be good if a PPer from Pakistan could clear this up though.

Multan stadium is state of the art and as good as any top class English or aussie stadium in terms of facilities

Multan is the newest stadium in Pakistan and a really state of the art stadium. Commentators praised it quite a bit when matches were played there. I remember Sanjay Manjreker in particular used to praise it a lot. We need to have the stadiums in Faisalabad, Hyderabad, and some other smaller cities replaced by similar stadiums.

Is there parks, like in New Zealand where half of the stadium side is seats and the other side is just grass, we have one like that? I'm sure it would be easy to fill.

Is there parks, like in New Zealand where half of the stadium side is seats and the other side is just grass, we have one like that? I'm sure it would be easy to fill.

impossible for such stadiums to be in Pakistan. Scenes will get very ugly.

jangli awam sab kharab kardegi..
do you ever expect women and men to be in the same grass enclosure and the atosphere to be good?

not a great idea for our crazy mob :D

impossible for such stadiums to be in Pakistan. Scenes will get very ugly.

jangli awam sab kharab kardegi..
do you ever expect women and men to be in the same grass enclosure and the atosphere to be good?

haha ladies can sit on the seats :)

But still even though we have some beautiful stadiums most of these stadiums look relatively the same :usman

hahah best smiley ever ^

would it work in india?
never the banks would reduce seating capacity and considering the strength of our population and the craze for cricket it would be chaos.

Banks dont offer that good view to the game if people are large in no hence IMHO not workable in Subcontinent

55111.jpg

2600790982_329fdf8d32_b.jpg

Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore. Used to be the venue for test matches in the 50's but was replaced by Gaddafi Stadium. Warm up matches ahead of the Lahore test also used to be played here.

This is the ground where Mohammad Asif came alive, just under 5 years ago. He ripped through the English batting taking 7/62 in 16 overs.

Last edited:
I love Iqbal Stadium, it's just got something about it. Is live all year round with all the shops underneath the stands and the theme parks around it. All Pakistan stadiums are lovely in their own way, I prefer our stadiums much more than the ones in England etc.

its a shame PCB NEVER organised any international matches in mirpur stadium ..most ppl r rich in mirpur and ground would be full for any match ..i remember in 2009 pak actors played a charity match in mp and the stadium was 80% full ...imagine if pak plays there

Its a pity there are no real stadiums in scenic places/cities up north, where the landscape and conditions are varied

Last edited:
^ I play there. It's such a beautiful ground.

Half the time I was just admiring the scenery during practice LOL.

Also the Pakistan cricket team would come there during the summer when it was too hot to train anywhere else. My uncle met Shoaib Akhtar there.

Last edited:
we need to upgrade national stadium , shame for such a big city like karachi we have such a small stadium

^ I play there. It's such a beautiful ground.

Half the time I was just admiring the scenery during practice LOL.

Also the Pakistan cricket team would come there during the summer when it was too hot to train anywhere else. My uncle met Shoaib Akhtar there.

It sure is beautiful. It must be quite cool as well. The cherry must swing a lot. Should have International matches here.

It sure is beautiful. It must be quite cool as well. The cherry must swing a lot. Should have International matches here.

cant unfortunately..

New ICC rule is that within a 7mile radius there must be a 5 star hotel. That rule unfortunatelly rules out stadiums in small cities

@ Fireworks Yeh it does, it's horrible being an opener there. :(

I don't think they should actually, I mean they could have tour matches and stuff there, but not international ones. I mean the facilities are just not good enough to be honest at international level. There are quite a few nets and a great pavilion, but I mean just have a look at the scoreboard in the first pic, and you can't see it from the pics but the road leading up to it is really bad, in fact it's so bad, that you have to walk from the stadium to the main road and then take the car from there.

I personally know the guy that runs the stadium and he is a top bloke, I think he use to umpire in domestic games as well. It's a shame though that the PCB haven't invested a lot of money into it, because it definitely has the potential to be a great stadium.

Last edited:
Anyone has bahawal stadium pictures ?

Last edited:
@ Fireworks Yeh it does, it's horrible being an opener there. :(

I don't think they should actually, I mean they could have tour matches and stuff there, but not international ones. I mean the facilities are just not good enough to be honest at international level. There are quite a few nets and a great pavilion, but I mean just have a look at the scoreboard in the first pic, and you can't see it from the pics but the road leading up to it is really bad, in fact it's so bad, that you have to walk from the stadium to the main road and then take the car from there.

I personally know the guy that runs the stadium and he is a top bloke, I think he use to umpire in domestic games as well. It's a shame though that the PCB haven't invested a lot of money into it, because it definitely has the potential to be a great stadium.

Yes. Great location. Could do with some renovation.

From the internl grounds my favourite is Faisalabad, but honestly I like them all. They have lots of subtle (and not so subtle) differences not only from stadiums of outside countries but from each other as well.

Yep and one of my friends also plays at Abbottabad sometimes, it's a lovely ground looking at those pictures

I love Iqbal Stadium, it's just got something about it. Is live all year round with all the shops underneath the stands and the theme parks around it. All Pakistan stadiums are lovely in their own way, I prefer our stadiums much more than the ones in England etc.
Me too, I love the Iqbal Stadium

Karachi Stadium is nice too.

There is another quite nice ground in Faisalabad too (not a stadium however), think it's situated off Narwala Road. Is called Jawad Sports Complex, there was a few Women's Championship games there last year.

Sargodha Sports Stadium

sargoda.jpg

I've been to this stadium and I must say it looked a lot bigger in the flesh.

Why is the stadium in Lahore named after the Libyan leader Gadaffi

Courtesy of our friend Wikipedia.

Originally Lahore Stadium, the facility was renamed in 1974 in honour of Libyan leader Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi following a speech he gave at an Organisation of the Islamic Conference meeting in favour of Pakistan's right to pursue nuclear weapons.The stadium houses the headquarters of the Pakistan Cricket Board.

No I think Gaddafi is fine... it's been established as the Gaddafi Complex, the hockey stadium has the same name too.

Here's some more pictures of the Iqbal Stadium in Faisalabad:

india2006.1133804280.dscf1548.jpg

Faisalabad%20-%20Iqbal%20Stadium%20-%20001.jpg

Entrance_to_Iqbal_Stadium_Cricket_Faisalabad.jpeg

4660576374_14fc31690a.jpg

20882798.jpg

Ahh, how we miss not getting international cricket on our grounds :(

The most they have to offer now is RBS (which isn't bad)...but reminds of:

"Aik urrta hua isstroke khaila, aur gaind boundary line ke paar!" :))

Faisalabad has a warm,tranquil and relaxing feel to it,especially in the evening in that image ^^

Some more pics.

Multan
attachment.php

Faisalabad. Just look at the crowd inside and outside the stadium.
attachment.php

attachment.php

good thread

amazing pakistan has all these stadiums and they are empty..its just heart breaking

i am shocked that no cricket happen in mirpur..what a beautiful stadium that is..all countires play in stadiums with scenic backgrounds and here pakistan doesn't have cricket there at all

and abottabad too..that is another beauty

We have stadiums but lack of cricket and incompetence of PCB is hurting us
i think Pakistan had 10 Test venues at one stage but atm only Lahore Karachi Pindi Faisalabad n Multan would be fit enough to host test cricket

also Abbottabad can be our Cape Town type stadium if some development is done when cricket returns to the country but :zaka was more interested in building a stadium in Garhi Khuda Baksh :facepalm:

seeing some of these beautiful grounds makes me upset how we no longer host cricket

Back