Pakistan General Elections 2024 - The ins/outs and mechanics

English Translation:

Pakistan Muslim League (N) got one more seat in National Assembly and 6 more seats in Punjab AssemblyRashid Akbar Nawani, who won the election as an independent from National Assembly Constituency NA-92 Bhakkar, joined the Muslim League-N.Ahmad Nawaz Nawani from PP 90 Bhakkar, Amir Inayat Shahani who won from PP 92 and 93 Bhakkar and Rana Abdul Manan who won from PP 272 Muzaffargarh also announced to join Muslim League (N).PP 205 Akbar Hayat Haraj from Khanewal and PP 212 Asghar Hayat Haraj from Khanewal also announced to join Muslim League (N).Meeting of Independent Members of Assembly with Senior Vice President of Pakistan Muslim League (N) and nominated Chief Minister of Punjab Maryam Nawaz SharifRashid Akbar Nawani, Ahmed Nawaz Nawani, Aamir Inayat Shahani, Rana Abdul Manan, Akbar Hayat Haraj and Asghar Hayat Haraj expressed full confidence in Quaid Muhammad Nawaz Sharif.Maryam Nawaz Sharif's welcome to independent members joining Muslim League (N) and congratulations on the decisionThe services of Quaid Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, Shehbaz Sharif and Pakistan Muslim League (N) for Pakistan, the people and Punjab are historic, said the Independent Members of Assembly.Only Muslim League (N) has the capacity and viable agenda to get Pakistan out of its problems, Independent Members of Assembly talk.Decided to join the Muslim League (N) in consultation with the people and supporters of his constituency, the discussion of independent assembly members.Appreciate your passion and national thinking, Maryam Nawaz Sharif's conversation with Independent Members of AssemblyYou have joined the caravan of building Pakistan, Maryam Nawaz SharifYour support will be of great help in getting Pakistan and the people out of trouble, Maryam Nawaz SharifPower is not for us, serving the country and the people is important, Maryam Nawaz SharifNawaz Sharif is the name of the force that saved and united Pakistan from chaos, Maryam Nawaz SharifNawaz Sharif is still in Pakistan while the opponents are talking about themselves, Maryam Nawaz SharifPakistan does not want chaos, it needs stability, Maryam Nawaz SharifThose who spread chaos are still spreading chaos because their agenda is chaos, Maryam Nawaz SharifThe target of chaos is Pakistan, institutions, Maryam Nawaz SharifThe people of Punjab gave us the mandate, we will fulfill the right to serve them, God willing, Maryam Nawaz SharifMaryam Nawaz Sharif will make Punjab an example of development, God willingMaryam Nawaz Sharif said if she had to sacrifice her political interest a hundred thousand times to save Pakistan, she would sacrifice her life for the sake of the country.

=========================================================================

Dealing in sixes

Last edited by a moderator:
Unable to post vids of GDA protest ,massive numbers infact horrific crowd the stakeholders should smell the coffee before its too late

They don’t need to,

PTI can win it for them and hand them over

Rather says a lot about other parties. All the carpet rolling and jashan over a London choor coming back and it's biryani plate family dynasty ghulam fans dancing on the street just to beg other parties by heavily bribing them to get seats, it's Pakistan afterall and PTI representatives aren't Imran Khan and have a price as well. It rather speaks volume about this one man who among all the trash was the only honest hard working leader who actually wanted Pakistan and Pakistanis to progress. Pakistan has lost a gem of a Leader, no wonder country's standing, projection and reputation have all since been sliding oneway

Imran Khan has been sidelined according to some plan they wanted to execute but in the process, they forgot about the real power, The PEOPLE OF PAKISTAN, and their plan seems to be failing.

Pervez Khattak on Saturday stepped down as chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Parliamentarian (PTIP) days after his party showed unimpressive performance in general elections 2024.

In his resignation letter, the former defence minister said he was resigning from the position due to health issues. He also resigned from the membership of the party.

It is recalled that Khattak suffered defeat in NA-33 Nowshera constituency, which was considered his stronghold.

Provision results showed the PTI-backed independent candidate Shahid Ahad Khattak defeated him by securing 90,145 votes. Mr Khattak had bagged 25,258 in the polls.

Earlier this week, Jahangir Khan Tareen announced his resignation from the position of chairman of the Istehkam-e-Pakistan Party (IPP).

He had announced his decision on social media platform X, stating: “I would like to thank everyone who supported me in this election and want to offer my congratulations to my opponents. I have immense respect for the will of the people of Pakistan. Therefore, I have decided to resign from my position as Chairman IPP and step away from politics altogether”.

“My gratitude to all the members of IPP. I wish them the absolute best. By the Grace of Allah, I will continue to serve my country to the best of my ability in a private capacity,” Tareen had said.

Source: Dunya News

Senate elections on 48 seats to be held on April 2​

ISLAMABAD: In order to fill 48 vacant seats, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) Monday announced holding the Senate elections on April 2.

Fifty-two seats in the upper house of parliament will fall vacant after the expiration of the 6-year term of the incumbent Senators on Tuesday. The elections, however, would be held to elect 48 senators as 4 reserved seats for the erstwhile Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) had been abolished after the 25th Constitutional amendment.

The electoral watchdog said that an official schedule of the elections would be issued on March 14.

Polling would be held to elect members against seven general seats, two women, two seats for technocrats, including Ulema and one seat for non-Muslims from Sindh and Punjab.

In addition to this, lawmakers from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Balochistan would elect members against seven general seats, two women and two seats for technocrats, including Ulema.

Members of the National Assembly will elect one general seat and one seat for technocrats, including Ulema from the federal capital, it added.

A day earlier, the ECP appointed returning officers (ROs) in Islamabad and the four provinces for the conduct of the Senate election.

According to a notification issued by the election watchdog on Sunday, ECP Director General Training Saeed Gul will be the Returning Officer (RO) in the federal capital, whereas provincial election commissioners Aijaz Anwar Chohan, Sharifullah, Shamshad Khan, and Muhammad Farid Afridi will be returning officers in Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan, respectively.

Source: GEO

I hope these Senate elections will not be as controversial as the general election.

PPP, JUI-F forge alliance for Senate elections​

(Web Desk) – The PPP and the JUI-F have agreed to collaborate for the forthcoming Senate elections, PPP Secretary General Nayyer Hussain Bukhari announced on Tuesday.

Addressing a press conference alongside former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and JUI-F leader Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri, Bukhari clarified that the PPP would support the JUI-F candidate for the Senate polls in Balochistan, while the JUI-F would reciprocate by supporting Yousuf Raza Gilani in Islamabad.

The Senate by-election, scheduled for March 14, will fill vacant seats.

Bukhari said that three Senate seats in Balochistan had been vacated, prompting the JUI-F to seek PPP's support.

Haideri emphasised that while the JUI-F wouldn't engage in government formation, they would actively fulfill their parliamentary responsibilities.

Gilani expressed mutual support between the parties, stating, "We are backing each other in parliament and will collaborate closely within the house."

Source: Dunya News

Back