Pakistan v Bangladesh | Match 43, World Cup | 5th July, 2019 | Lords's | Pakistan innings

Three overs in and the wrist-slitting has begun :23: As if any team turns up and scores 500 whenever they want to... Pakistan haven't even done that in Tests since 2016 IIRC :))

Yeah true.even in this world cup no team has even scored 400 let alone 500

They should target 300 minimum.Else Bangladesh might chase it down.

:)))

Enjoying the meltdown here. The fury by the posters here! :)))

Chill folks.

They're there to win the game, not make 500 or 600. What Sarfraz says in the press isn't really what happens in real. The actual plan is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way Fakhar played that shot, coming out of his crease and mishitting, tells you the story..

It is shocking this technique is being used at this level. The commentator is right, the shot should be played over extra cover.

Now they are just hitting the ball to the fielders. Shocking when the aim is to score 500

Team doesnt know the meaning of percentage cricket.. blocking balls that should be nudged for single and doubles, blocking full tosses. Swinging across the line.

The game IQ of thess guys is low

This match reminds me of the last group game we played against Zimbabwe in the 2003 WC. We needed to win by a massive margin (in that contest as well) to make amends on the poor NRR produced up until then in that tournament.

Instead of going it, Saeed Anwar and co decided to play defensive cricket in the first few overs before rain came in to end the match, with both teams taking the share of the points.

quick outfield ball coming dead straight at good pace, not much spin, but still no intent

It's a good day for the rest of the world to troll us.

Especially after the "we'll score 500" foolish statement by the genius Sarfraz.

Not if you read the whole quote or watched the whole video. He admitted that it's close to impossible. If he ruled it out completely, Pakistan fans would have gone nuts.

Pakistan are aiming for a win here. Losing to Bangladesh here would be insult to injury, and they don’t want to be 200 all out in 25 overs with a gung-ho approach. Their is no intention to score 450+ or whatever because there is no possibility of winning the game by a margin of 300.

If Pakistan luckily finds themselves 200/2 in 35, they might try to go nuts in the last 15. That’s it.

Can Imam just play the same way all the time?
Why no adaptability?
Surely you need some at international level?

Imaam is such a ugly player to watch. We would have been embarrassed in the semis. 5/6th place is where our cricket currently belongs.

their return tickts already booked. its all over the news.
only amir and micky and malik will stay back in UK.

BOTH OPENER EVEN PACK THEIR BAGS IN HOTEL ROOM BEFORE COMMING TO PLAY THE MATCH.

did some body say 500...anni deya mazak ae

Fakhar doing his best to **** off every Pakistani fan in the world and doing a great job.

If you look at the huge totals scored. I'm not sure they went at 10 from the outset. 450 is not possible by this Pak batting lineup but even those who think it can happen, need to wait at least 15 overs before throwing things at their tv.

Sorry to say, but it seems Pakistan has won the game last night in their hotel rooms. Fakhar playing a good test inning.

Pakistan are aiming for a win here. Losing to Bangladesh here would be insult to injury, and they don’t want to be 200 all out in 25 overs with a gung-ho approach. Their is no intention to score 450+ or whatever because there is no possibility of winning the game by a margin of 300.

If Pakistan luckily finds themselves 200/2 in 35, they might try to go nuts in the last 15. That’s it.

I wonder what is the biggest margin of defeat all time.

itna defensive tu ye normally b nai kheltay, they are all taking us for a ride, the real shame is on us.

Fakhar the hack is playing for his place more than the miracle of qualifying for the semi-final.

Good analysis. You maybe right. Even if Pakistan manage 400, it's very difficult to get Bangladesh all out for below 100

Lol this is fun. Some Pak fans need real medicine to come out of delusion. They feel like in every other game a 500 is made.

Sarfraz was hoping we bowl first. No intent to score anything over 300. Cowards.

For me my fav 4 fans are those pak guys who are all dressed up...the sheikh, the Top hat, the dictator and the king complete with the Crown, the sceptre et al......
Every match in the WC...and i suppose they r UK residents because i think they turned up in the 2016 or 17 test matches too-have surely seen these blokes....
fantastic effort by these guys...admire their enthu....they bring so much +ve energy to the crowds and always eyecatching, positive and happy...

get out for hundred or score 450 , this is ridiculous dead rubber batting.

Why? Loser mentality.

They're there to win. They will win. It's foolish to get all out at 100 chasing 500.

400 - 500 is unrealistic.

As one of our ex-captains used to say, boys looking good :inzi

This much was evident when Sarfaraz announced that the team is unchanged.

A win against Bangladesh here is important.

It will be intetesting if they play like this win the match and get booed for not trying

Boodyy cowards

Simon duell is 100% right I agree with him

This is a coward team you can't expect an attacking play from them

Good start by Pakistan. The openers has consolidated already, we have lost couple of run out chances and we have to bat second in a slow pitch.

Fakhar the hack is playing for his place more than the miracle of qualifying for the semi-final.

Definilty clear by how hes playing. He knows if he fails here hes gone. Ali haider needs to fast tracked after this wc.

Fakhar should thank allah he even lasted this long. Hes been lucky playing against minows for the past 2 years.

I wonder how the “but Fakhar is not selfish” crowd will react today.

Good analysis. You maybe right. Even if Pakistan manage 400, it's very difficult to get Bangladesh all out for below 100

Its just not possible, Just play the game as a dead rubber and go home plan for next WC / CT whatever.

If Fakhar survives we will loose this match? He doesn't know how to play shot with blind slogging

Zaman is a specimen. When there is no need he tries to bang it and there is a pressing need he plays it slowly! Weird guy!

So this is how you show intent that India refused to show. Thanks for the first hand show.

Rameez babbling again. Just shut up yaar, your time as CEO is a big reason why our cricket is in shambles.

Rubbish slow wicket on top of rubbish batsmen

Definilty clear by how hes playing. He knows if he fails here hes gone. Ali haider needs to fast tracked after this wc.

Fakhar should thank allah he even lasted this long. Hes been lucky playing against minows for the past 2 years.

One of the biggest fluke player to play for Pakistan for a substantial period. He is an Awais Zia/Mukhtar with better luck.

Fakhar needs to be dropped. Imam also. Look at their faces, they’re pissing their pants. Cant hit full tosses, no singles. Pathetic. I am satisfied Pak is going home.

When imam is outscoring you effortlessly

It’s just embarrassing

I would take even useless Imam over this overhyped and gutless selfish hack.

Back