Pakistan v England | 1st ODI | Abu Dhabi | 13/2/2012 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looney

Senior T20I Player
Runs
261 to chase for Pakistan . discuss here . :danish

I think Gul and Wahab should be dropped . Nas is right , Wahab is too much of a hit or miss player . Need to try our other options , cant do worse , pretty sure .

Last edited:
very unhappy with Misbah's captaincy today.

let's see if the batting clicks, not an easy target by any means.

Possible but hard Pakistani batsman need to prove themselves here, and Pakistan should chase it its a fine wicket to bat on and we got batting till no 8.

Will be a poor display if Pakistan lose it from here at one point england was all set for 300.

good recovery by Pakistan... in the end...
credit due to :ajmal truly legend

Drop Wahab for Rehman and play an extra batsman in place of Gul.

Go out with all spin attack

Hafeez
Rehman
Malik
Afridi
Ajmal
Azhar can also chip in with few overs if needed.

Surely they won't do worse than Gul and Wahab.
0/100 in 15 overs.

Openers need to start well and build a partnership, someone has to play a Cook alike inning

Btw why didn't Misbah give malik few more overs, England late order was clearly struggling against spin.

pakistan should be able to chase this target down but we gave them an extra 20-30 runs through poor bowling by riaz and in some extent gul.....riaz should definately be dropped......bring in rehman/cheema instead if we have to....we could have had a lower target tonight but for riaz

Pakistan need to mix up tuk tuk players with attacking players. It will be of no use if the asking rate climbs over 7 before you have Afridi or Akmal at the crease.

And a solid opening stand is very important.

Our seamers went for over 6 an over, let's see what the england quickies do. Ball will do more under the lights I am sure.

One thing in favor of Pakistan is that the batting is stronger today! Im backing Pakistan to chase this down. I think we'll win by 7 wickets. Insha Allah

Misbah captaincy wasnt impressive

Wahab death bowling was Not bad infact he was a better option then Gul at death.

target is tough but i think pak will make it, long batting lineup

Drop Wahab for Rehman and play an extra batsman in place of Gul.

Go out with all spin attack

Hafeez
Rehman
Malik
Afridi
Ajmal
Azhar can also chip in with few overs if needed.

Surely they won't do worse than Gul and Wahab.
0/100 in 15 overs.

Even India will laugh at us if we go in with only spinners.

One thing in favor of Pakistan is that the batting is stronger today! Im backing Pakistan to chase this down. I think we'll win by 7 wickets. Insha Allah

InshaAllah, finally a positive poster! :)

Pakistan need to mix up tuk tuk players with attacking players. It will be of no use if the asking rate climbs over 7 before you have Afridi or Akmal at the crease.

And a solid opening stand is very important.

Our seamers went for over 6 an over, let's see what the england quickies do. Ball will do more under the lights I am sure.

I think the batsmen should keep ticking the scoreboad with singles and doubles and play every ball on merit and 260 can be achieved easily.

Hafeez
Farhat
Asad
Younis
U. Akmal
Misbah
Afridi
Malik (Insurance policy)
Wahab
Ajmal
Gul

Poor captaincy today. Why didn't Misbah bowl Afridi and Ajmal together in the middle overs like he normally does? Baffled.

Wahab was very good in his 2nd stint, but Gul was shocking through out.

260 is gettable but under lights it's gonna be a mountain to climb, especially with sitting ducks in Farhat and Hafeez of late.

The field placements were so bad today that England just needed to block the ball to get a single. Hardly seen Ajaml and Afridi together today. Poor captaincy.

The field placements were so bad today that England just needed to block the ball to get a single. Hardly seen Ajaml and Afridi together today. Poor captaincy.

Yeah very defensive captaincy by Misbah

I think Pak were bit complacent but its part of game now.

Lets move on and wish this team all the best to chase this target.
Pakistan have a strong batting lineup for this match, Wahab at number 9 and he can also hit some big ones.

Hafeez will be the key if he stays till the 20th over than this will be an easy chase for us

eng's attack is seam heavy, need an aggressive start as bowl comes onto the bat against seamers...it would allow for breathing room for the likes of :shafiq :yk :misbah with their style of play ... :hafeez is due for a good score, anything from :farhat will be a bonus ...

Well a good challenge here for Pakistan. Wont be an easy total to chase down. Really hope the openers could give the team a good steady start...

Wasn't Farhat's fielding great today? lol...urghh!

260 is a great total - won't be easy for Pakistan at all, especially not with Shafiq, YK, and Misbah tuk-tuk-ing at 3, 4 & 5

Need Umar, Afridi, or Malik somewhere in there

Chasing 260 means either one of the top 3 has to score a hundred. (Highly unlikely) or we need solid contributions of 50/60s from 3/4 batsmen. We have plenty of batting, we just need to bat out the inns at a good pace!

I don't think the seamers did a terrible job, they bowled at tough times and got a bit unlucky.

This ptv show with akhtar is terrible awkward and funny. The host read shoaib an email about how he wasted himself as a player...

261 to chase for Pakistan . discuss here . :danish

I think Gul and Wahab should be dropped . Nas is right , Wahab is too much of a hit or miss player . Need to try our other options , cant do worse , pretty sure .
I think Malik the Menace must be dropped forever.

I was dissapoinnted with Misbah today as well. He was too relaxed and defensive in the middle of England's innings.
260 will be challenging - probably England slight favourites. A lot will depend how Pak bat in the middle of the innings like rotating the strike.

260 put by England. Their run rate: 5.20, same as India's.

I am just reminded of Mohali, it is pretty much the same batting lineup barring Kamran Akmal and Abdul Razzaq. And Misbah is the captain.

:yk

wonder how much swing Anderson will get under light. Farhat for the sake of your father in law please do not play across the line like an idiot.

umar akmal at 3 or 4 to get the rate up! misbah younis shafiq e.t.c will take this to 10 rrp !

I don't think the seamers did a terrible job, they bowled at tough times and got a bit unlucky.

This ptv show with akhtar is terrible awkward and funny. The host read shoaib an email about how he wasted himself as a player...

Damn, i Gotta see this. :))

What is with people and their constant whining about Tuk Tuk cricket? Did they forget we're only chasing 260 and not 360?

Reminds me of how much I miss the old days where the most important batsmen in the side were the ones who built their innings batting in the middle order in a methodical way and carried their teams on their backs. The likes of Dravid, Azharuddin, Miandad, Da Silva, Rantunga, Steve Waugh, Michael Bevan etc. Those chases were a sheer joy to watch.

Aaj kal ke laundoan ko bus maar dhaar, bam wam, boom boom type cricket chahiye. Old-school cricket ki koi value hi nahin rahin.

260 on a wicket like this is NOT a big ask. We need players like YK and Shafiq to hold the fort and build the innings. Otherwise, the likes of Afridi, Malik and Ukmal won't take us nowhere.

30 @ sr 70 from farhat(42 balls) , 50 @ sr 80 from hafeez(62 balls) ,40 @ sr 75 from asad(53 balls) , 50 @ ar 75 from younis(66) , 50 from misbah @ sr 75 (66) and 12 extras

29 required off 11 deliveries .. match phans gaya

30 @ sr 70 from farhat(42 balls) , 50 @ sr 80 from hafeez(62 balls) ,40 @ sr 75 from asad(53 balls) , 50 @ ar 75 from younis(66) , 50 from misbah @ sr 75 (66) and 12 extras

29 required off 11 deliveries .. match phans gaya

overly optomistic strike rate there :yk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back