Pakistan v England | 1st Test | Multan | October 7-11 | Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so Numbers is the only thing that determines it for you? And you hate it when I talk about context and meaning?

So are you willing to accept these following statements

1) Imam ul haq is above Inzimam ul haq in odi because he has a higher avg, 82 sr and only one century less despite not even playing 100 games.

2) Muhammad rizwan is a better t20 player then Travis head because he has more runs in t20 and a higher avg?

^^ I have many more statements but are you willing to accept this?
@gazza619 don’t hoop around in circles now,

You really want to have this debate….by all means you are going to get it!

Okay so Numbers is the only thing that determines it for you? And you hate it when I talk about context and meaning?

1) Imam ul haq is above Inzimam ul haq in odi because he has a higher avg, 82 sr and only one century less despite not even playing 100 games.

2) Muhammad rizwan is a better t20 player then Travis head because he has more runs in t20 and a higher avg?

Travis Head has no relevance to this discussion. He does not qualify to play for Pakistan.

Imam & Inzi cannot be compared. One batter belongs to 1991-2007. The other started his career in 2017.

A well balanced team announced tbf. Captain Shan Masood is the weakest link and his own selection is dubious.

Imam & Inzi cannot be compared. One batter belongs to 1991-2007. The other started his career in 2017
So then how can Rizwan be compared to Moin Khan and Kamran Akmal???? Who both represented Pakistan and won plenty of cricket matches in their respective era that is decades apart from Rizwan’s!

Kisko paagal banane ke chackaro main hai?

Travis Head has no relevance to this discussion. He does not qualify to play for Pakistan.

Imam & Inzi cannot be compared. One batter belongs to 1991-2007. The other started his career in 2017.
Why are you such a panzy? This thread is about pakistan vs England, and you felt the need to Shove rizzu's no into it.

You're deliberately not answering because you know full well how nonsense your argument about only numbers is?

Fine let's keep it to pakistan and England then.

Jos Butler, An opener and a keeper, less runs and a lesser avg then rizwan in t20 avg of 35. Who's better?

Don't shy away now, you said numbers is all that matters, no answer and stop being a coward

Pure hypocrites

Asks for a debate on justifying why rizwan is or isn't great.

I ask the criteria for greatness.

@gazza619 responds with numbers

I respond with a player who's viewed as a future All time great and bring his numbers

Immediately the response is said great player has nothing to do with this thread because they know full well how crap their argument is and refusing to accept this means their automatically agreeing that context and meaning means everything

And the moment I bring in context and meaning for rizzu it's game over.

All I ask is for rizzu to win games? Is that really that much to ask for?

He's given Ladla treatment like Laxman once did? But atleast Laxman after his ladla treatment became an X factor? From failure of a test opener to a gun middle order?

Same way rohit went from above average middle order batter to All time great opener?

Why can't rizwan do the same? He failed for years on end? Finally got his opportunity in 2019 and since then provided mediocrity?

My criteria is present, plain and simple, The day he wins games for pak is the day the criticism ends and I repeat games, not one offs like sri lanka which happen once every 3 to 4 years. Even shadab has occasionally done so like 2nd odi against afghanistan lol.

Don't complain about cricket being a team game, He shoved that aside as soon as he got entrusted with the X factor role in t20

PAK 11 packed with batting with Agha at 7 & Jamal at 8 ... pathetic ! Playing for Draw ...
Not really, all decent teams bat that deep if not deeper. However batting will be weak as Abdullah Shafique, Babar Azam are out of form, Shan is a walking wicket. Saim is yet to play a long test innings.

This is hilarious really.

Current players can't be compared to past players because of time constraints.

But Rizwan is the best ever Pakistan keeper because we can compare him to past wicketkeepers.

Never seen a worse argument ever.

That's why numbers isn't everything I agree.

Can you Imahine midget imam being rated above inzi who was one the best players of his time lmao.

Stats are like mini skirts. They don't reveal everything.

It is actually very surprising that England is still in Pakistan in spite of all the political crisis. From a foreigner perspective, this whole crisis can develop into a security issue.

But who are we to complain if England want to lose a series to Pakistan while the latter is at its lowest point.

3-0 loading. Anything less than that and Eng will be disappointed. At a minimum - a less than a series win will be a massive failure for Eng

They need 3-0 to stay in the WTC
I hope you are talking about Eng here and not Pak making it it 3-0!;);)

Honestly though, Eng has such a narrow path. They would have to pretty much everything and hope multiple other results go their way.

I hope you are talking about Eng here and not Pak making it it 3-0!;);)

Honestly though, Eng has such a narrow path. They would have to pretty much everything and hope multiple other results go their way.
Yeah they can’t afford to shell anymore Tests now.

Pakistan can win this series 2-1. England are not such a great team and are prone to poor judgment especially against good spin. Best of luck

They need 3-0 to stay in the WTC
Oh no, didn't know every game is a must-win for them, that makes the prospect of this series even more terrifying, this may be a worse rollover than I imagined, Shaheen playing despite not fully fit, Abrar the only decent spinner, no batsman in form apart from Rizwan, Shan is pretty much just a scapegoat as captain but hey we did better in Australia last time so you never know maybe we can tie/win a game and catch England by surprise.

Pakistan can win this series 2-1. England are not such a great team and are prone to poor judgment especially against good spin. Best of luck
'Good spin' that's the thing. With the selection choices, it looks like we'll be rolling out dead flat pitches again in a pathetic effort to draw games and not have a result to "save face" somehow.

Also, why the hell do they start Test matches at 10:30?

Should start at 9:30 like they do here in India.

Nee ld to ensure 90 overs every day

10:30 is India time, it's 10 AM in Pakistan. Pakistan is also to the west of India so it does not get dark as eastern parts of India.

Use some brain before posting yaar.

'Good spin' that's the thing. With the selection choices, it looks like we'll be rolling out dead flat pitches again in a pathetic effort to draw games and not have a result to "save face" somehow.
Why csnt they make turning tracks

2 people died in the blast in Karachi. I hope this won't affect the game. I am sure England will receive 5 star protection.

Game starts in 2 hours and 40 mins.

For once pakistan need to show their potential to their tormentors, the poms. They used to pulverise England in the past. H2h still favours pakistan or has that changed now? Need to look that up.

Embarrassing to see pakiatan get demolished at home by bdesh and England last time. Need to sort this out. Cmon boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back