Pakistan v England | 4th ODI | DSC | 21/02/12 | England Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was terrible middle order batting, no actually that was wuite literally shocking. Atleast 50-60 runs short of what they should be not only on the pitch but after the way they started. No-one took responsibiilty to really go for it and get to the triple century.

You get the sense that the mix/combination of the team just is not right and the fact that there are no left handers in the team makes it much easier for bowlers to settle into a rythm and continue with short bowling.

I think its time for a mini clear-out. Bring in some new blood and freshen up the team. There are 3 years until the world cup and the period running up to it would be a great opportunity to really give the young players some experience under their belts.

unfortunately like always, it comes down to the bowling to win it for us!

It might get interesting considering some of the new guys wouldn't have faced ajmal/afridi before - although bopara seemed to do well against ajmal in previous ODI's

It might get interesting considering some of the new guys wouldn't have faced ajmal/afridi before - although bopara seemed to do well against ajmal in previous ODI's

Bopara is not even playing...

And if Pakistan do not beat this England side.. without Anderson , Broad, Swann and Bopara.. they seriously should go back to the drawing board...

Pakistan have set England 238 to win, then, and Cook's men will fancy chasing that down, I reckon. Given an excellent platform by Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq, Pakistan succumbed to a combination of feckless batting and tight, unrelenting bowling, losing their last six wickets for 35. On the face of it, that score looks below par.

There is certainly still hope, however - the wicket should offer Pakistan's battery of spinners plenty of turn and, with a couple of new faces down the England order, they might be able to spring a surprise. They'll have to get past Cook, Pietersen, Trott and Morgan first, though ...

This what cricinfo had to say.

Pakistan have set England 238 to win, then, and Cook's men will fancy chasing that down, I reckon. Given an excellent platform by Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq, Pakistan succumbed to a combination of feckless batting and tight, unrelenting bowling, losing their last six wickets for 35. On the face of it, that score looks below par.

There is certainly still hope, however - the wicket should offer Pakistan's battery of spinners plenty of turn and, with a couple of new faces down the England order, they might be able to spring a surprise. They'll have to get past Cook, Pietersen, Trott and Morgan first, though ...

This what cricinfo had to say.

That's nearly half of England side...

if they can get half of England side out early.. It's obvious then they will win ... :26:

The middle overs yet again showed up some players if not all. Shafiq gave his wicket away as did Azhar. Umar Akmal had a waft and got out. Misbah waited to hit out but got out. Poor, poor cricket. England's game to lose.

I am not quite sure why Cricinfo is saying that with Pak's battery of spinners, they should be able to defend this total- what has changed about the pitch from the last game where our bowlers went for a beating of a lifetime??

England to win,

Being 115/1 after 25 over and being 237 all out is pathetic!

plain and simple we dont know how to construct an inns across 50 overs!

Its simple for Pakistan -

Get Cook and Pieterson out within first 15 overs, and the match is ours.

I knew an awesome performance from JK is due when i saw him behind the laptop :junaid

:out YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

why didnt u play Junaid before foolish misbah

BTW Junaid Khan has already got Trott once in the world cup warm up. Got him bowled.

LOL at Rameez saying missing or clipping leg at the replay when it looked dead on the initial replay..

Junaid is getting swing where Gul and Cheema have failed to get, even under lights.

Cook goes out early. Well done Junaid Khan. We may have a chance now.

Gul . Gul Who?

An early wicket.. always makes Pakistan team a different camp..

Dharmasena again

Once again this SL umpire rules against Pakistan...Plumb LBW had to be referrred

Khan has swung the ball more than any of our other seam bowlers.....

Who's calling the death of Pakistan's fast bowlers?

Junaid Khan getting threatening swing at almost 140k's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back