Pakistan v NewZealand | 1st T20 | Auckland | 26/12/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attempted yorker, came out wide.

Excellent spell of bowling by Akhtar. Bowled his hert out, as he always does.

The game was lost after Southee's brilliant spell. Can't blame the Pakistan bowlers that much, they've looked pretty decent (Razaaq aside). Game was initially lost by batsman.

Worst decision of the day for me was opening the bowling with Razzaq while u have Gul Akhtar, Shoaib, Riaz and even Ajmal to open the bowling.

If we have learned anything from the past...
never EVER give the last over to Saeed Ajmal
or Akhtar.

Sheikh 'EVER!' Chilli

Man on the match to Southee. Guptill played okay, but game was won and lost during Southee's spell. I think Afridi had no choice to bring back Akhtar, he needed a wicket. And Akhtar was the only bowler looking threatening. Hafeez has bowled decently, but more in a containment role.

Captaincy hasn't even been that poor. Let's not hide behind the real problem - batting. This was an easy paced pitch and 140 was simply way too short.

Professor taken to the cleaers in that over. and now its all over.

They are hitting 6s like it's the whole team's
birthday today.

Do our bowlers really suck this bad at T-20 ?,
or this is just a gawdawful day for us ?.

Sheikh 'We Lost' Chilli

Poor Captaincy all the way. I hope Afridi will not be captain in WC. Should've given 4th over to Akhtar when he was taking wickets.

Captaincy hasn't even been that poor. Let's not hide behind the real problem - batting. This was an easy paced pitch and 140 was simply way too short.

Totally agree. Game was lost by the half way stage.

Give it up for Shahid Afridi.
Maybe in the next match he could leave out his gf, Ms Alam.

NZ should thank Pakistan for ending up their losing streak on a very positive note. I dont think they are going to look back from this point.

Looks like NZ would still have won the game if Pakistan had scored 170 odd

Turning point for me was :yk 's wicket. The tail chipped in runs but couldn't recover from that hattrick.

Razzaq MOM 1(5) runs

bowled 1 over gone for 15

The captain should have his face blackened with shoe polish and be given a free donkey ride for this decision to open the bowling with Razzaq. I mean, how dumb can you get ?????

All these defeats lay the groundwork for the high that
will come when we will massacre NZ in the next T-20.

Sheikh 'On A Wing' Chilli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back