Pakistan v South Africa | 1st T20I | Lahore | February 11, 2021 | Pakistan innings

Dont think this is a pitch where you just smash. Its looks sticky.150-160 may be good here

Maharaj has got into Babar’s head. He was too keen to get off strike against the SLA.

Embarrassing stuff.

His spin play has been pretty appalling. To think he played with younis and learned nothing.

And to your point all SLAs are living in babars head rent free.

From the outset i will say the SA test team seemed so disinterested. These lads want to prove something

Lol Rizwan doesnt like to take quick singles if its not his own batting

Not sure what is the reason that whenever Pak is batting in any format there is a lot of nervousness around. Our batsmen need to relax a bit overall.

Haider needs to calm down, he isn't hitting the ball well.

It's hanging in the air too much.

Babar looked all over the place during practice for this t20 series. He couldn't play spin or space, was struggling against both. He was under pressure and so makes a bad judgment.

SAF played a good move banking on Fortuin.

Babar needs to overcome this weakness soon.

Either take a break, otherwise prepare for a disastrous PSL season, where every team is gonna keep a SLA spinner.

Haider is a monster against spin

I would like him to be tested against short ball

For Haider its all about his nerves and mental game. He has all the skills but, just needs to relax and be calm at the crease which he isn’t currently

Haider needs to go really big here. Flat pitch, average bowling attack and he has the talent.

These are the type of knocks that build confidence. Should aim for a 70+ score here.

Haider again playing across the line, made the same mistake against Zimbabwe.

Still not seen what Haider can do against genuine pace, so he should continue to make hay against the slower bowlers.

Haider needs to go really big here. Flat pitch, average bowling attack and he has the talent.

These are the type of knocks that build confidence. Should aim for a 70+ score here.

Rizwan needs to rotate strike and realize that Haider is the horse to bank the cash on.

Simon Doull talking sense, maybe we take note now that it isnt Rana

Rizwan the fidget spinner takes off when he’s batting but when there is actually a run there he doesn’t wanna run pathetic t20 player to say the least

rizwan is a rabbit....and a disaster for runners...

i think azam khan shud be tried

And straight away a big top edge to the fast bowler backing up my suspicions about Haider against pace. Lucky.

I like seeing the distance meadured on sixes, it doesn't look like this is being used by production team.

Still not seen what Haider can do against genuine pace, so he should continue to make hay against the slower bowlers.

Ijaz Ahmed in an interview a while back said that Haider didn't really do well against spinners.

He plays across the line against pace, if you bowl a leg-stump line, you can get his wicket pretty frequently.

You want him to play a ball sliding down leg stump through the covers now? People love to overanalyse :))

No, I want him to play it where it should go, not try to create a on-side flick out of it.

Not overanalyzing anything here, just stating a mistake he's making which could cost his wicket.

If we have proper batsmen around him we can fit rizwan is as an accumulator, the problem is the batsmen around him all fail and makes him look even worse. But agreed we need to find a couple of big power hitters and stick them at the top so we can get away early, that stat about lowest run rate in power play says it all

All the black South African bowlers have the exact same action height and physique lol

The stubborn nature of team selection is going to haunt us. Don't be surprised if last minute changes before the world cup will happen. New openers, New bowlers, new spinners.

Chasing on this pitch won’t be easy.

It has some stickiness.

South African batting is very decent with good hitters...i think they have this game in the bag we dont have a clue how to set a target

Back