Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st ODI | Karachi | 20/1/09 - Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't looking good. Reminds me of the Ramiz-Shoaib days.

Some good bowling by Lankans, the openers should atleast rotate the strike of they are not getting the bad balls.

If they cant score runs now than what will they do against M&M?

C'mon we need to get some runs from these powerplay overs!

The thing both of them dont look good at is rotating the strike if they big shots and loose balls aren't coming then atleast get the singles with good running!

The bowling is nothing special.

Slow bowling. Nothing too threatening.

So far, this is pathetic.

Ive just put a bet on with my Shariah compliant bookies that Butt will run his partner out OR run himself out

NeVerMind said:
I don't mind the cautious start espcially by one who is starting out in his career but what I cannot fanthom is why Nasir Jamshed was dropped in the first place? He was on excellent form and then had malaria or something...is he being punished for getting sick in the first place?

Compared to Manzoor, when Jamshed started, he was playing good knocks with a very good strike rate...I don't understand his drop from the side either :(

Momo said:
This isn't looking good. Reminds me of the Ramiz-Shoaib days.

Did they every open together in one days? if so, I take back my comment about the SB-KM combination being the most boring Pakistan opening pair ever

On second thoughts, and to be fair on the rest not many or perhaps 1 or 2 like YK are atleast decent enough to rotate the strike!

It is painfull to watch Pakistan openers in ODI's. They either lose their wicket or make crap bowlers look world beaters.

What are they waiting for?? Mendis and Murali!! Every team has attacking openers and look at Pakistan huh!!!

Beautiful shot from Butt, if they can start accelerating now its good enough

Thats y i say! We need Jamsheed or atleast Afridi shouldve opened with Butt today!

Ever heard of picking gaps?

How about quick singles?

How about changing the dynamics of the game with a couple of boundaries and put the bowlers off line.

Not impressed.

Send Afridi in next.

frz said:
Did they every open together in one days? if so, I take back my comment about the SB-KM combination being the most boring Pakistan opening pair ever
Oh, a number of times.

Poor captaincy by Malik, he should've opened with Tanvir and Gul, Butt and Manzoor should be batting at the death

AND ANOTHER FOUR! misfield and four!
butt 18 off 20 :butt

3 boundaries in the over

Xshazero said:
Thats y i say! We need Jamsheed or atleast Afridi shouldve opened with Butt today!

open with Afridi? We might as well open with Kaneria if we are going to open with Afridi.

Jamshed and Butt should be our openers in ODIs. No two ways about it. Nothing against Khurram and I hope he does really well, but Jamshed is the better all round option.

Mercenary said:
Poor captaincy by Malik, he should've opened with Tanvir and Gul, Butt and Manzoor should be batting at the death

i hope u get this
piiti aye ya laein kalli aye

If we had a pie thrower like Kulasekara in the Pak side opening most of the PPers would have been doing their nut.

Sri Lanka 59-0 after 7 overs, and Pakistan 21/0! its disappointing!

Good over. Good comeback by Salman.

Hash said:
open with Afridi? We might as well open with Kaneria if we are going to open with Afridi.

Jamshed and Butt should be our openers in ODIs. No two ways about it. Nothing against Khurram and I hope he does really well, but Jamshed is the better all round option.

Yes in todays match we shoulve opend with afridi......not manzoor

but i do agree we need to stick with butt and jamsheed for odis opening! but our selectors....what can i say about them?

Pak 21/0 after 7 overs..

who cares what start Sri lanka had they collapsed later on!

26/0 after 8 overs ... we cant afford to lose wickets we have a pretty long tail

I hope Khurram does well, but I really want Jamshed to open with Salman Butt....Khurram is our next Dravid, 3 runs off 25 balls!

What Malik is to captaincy and Akhtar is to Weight Watchers. Thats what Manzoor is to Power Plays!!

Amjid Javed said:
Pak 21/0 after 7 overs..

who cares what start Sri lanka had they collapsed later on!

Yes collapse. Don`t you think that can happen to Pakistan as well? Its allways good to have a fast solid start, not a nervours struggling start.

Seems from the first innings that the new ball is the easiest time to score freely, these two are starting to go, but have to make the most of it now.

the Great Khan said:
i love nazirs technique..waft waft out!!....manzoor is much better!!

Manzoor's technique doesnt look good either, hes just not taking any risks.

manzoor isn't good for oDI's they should have picked nasir jamshed :p

Manzoor's run scored to effort invested ratio is pretty low. But I am sure he is nervous and this is not his natural game.

This game we would win Inshallah, but we need to think hard about the situations in which we have to chase 300+ runs (that was a very likely possibility today)...

Momo said:
Manzoor's run scored to effort invested ratio is pretty low. But I am sure he is nervous and this is not his natural game.

Your 'long standing arrangement' is wise....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back