Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st ODI | Karachi | 20/1/09 - Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
So we need to chase down 220 in 50 overs but BAW and Murali stand in the way.

Can we do it or will Mendis crush us?

I really hope they sort out the audio before the start of the Pak innings as its so irritating with this crappy audio hardly understand anything.....I've just closed the TVN stream to give it a bit of rest and in hope it comes back better! :D

Mercenary said:
So we need to chase down 220 in 50 overs but BAW and Murali stand in the way.

Can we do it or will Mendis crush us?

InshahAllah I dont see why we cant unless they go into panic mode as they usually do most of the times but we can HOPE that they wont and can play sensible and perhaps attack both the M's!

Inshaallah Pakistan will win. Have a feeling that there will be a stutter or two. I hope it doesn't happen, though.

Momo said:
Inshaallah Pakistan will win. Have a feeling that there will be a stutter or two. I hope it doesn't happen, though.

InshahAllah! Good to see the use of the word in the right manner! :)

I too hope that there aren't ANY stutters!

Well, if we were planning on winning against a good strong score and thinking of chasing 300 (since the average as someone mentioned is 296), then there shouldn't be excuses chasing this target, Inshallah...

Momo said:
Cork calls Rao Rayo!
:))

When I saw Cork during the toss, I was like HUH :O "Firangi are supposed to be scared to come to Pak" :p and out of all they offer him to come and do commentary on this series!

My TVN stream is 'stuck 'on UMar Gul? Is everyones working?

Oxy said:
My TVN stream is 'stuck 'on UMar Gul? Is everyones working?

Thats what happened to mine stuck on Umar Gul like some 10 mins ago thats why I closed the whole thing down!

As soon as mendis gets into the attack and if he takes a wicket, I'd promote the beast up the order to spank him out of the attack. Attack is the best way to play him IMO.

I've just opened it again and its working fine by the looks of it showing the fall of wickets and its playing at 350 K it says!

Audio is still crap but slight improvement from last time!

Ghoshtbuster said:
Why isnt Butt taking the first ball, he is the more senior player.

They did a toss before coming out and Butt changed the coin with 2 tails so Manzoor won!

InshaAllah we will win.. But we need not be too cautious of Mendis..

This is like the most boring opening combination for Pakistan EVER!

Butt got off the mark 2nd ball he faced and Manzoor flashing without luck and saved with that edge that bounced....

Nasir Jamshed should be here BUT anyways he isnt so lets hope these guys can get on with things - need to get a few runs on the board before M&M come on

Wow, distance between the two feet in Khurram Manzoor's stance is Kris Srikkant'esque.

Manzoor needs to move his feet and needs to try and place the ball. Pakistan dont need to take risks here!

Yeah i agree, Nasir and Butt should open for pak....

Jamsheed and Butt opening woulve been better....oh well lets just hope Manzoor dont choke!

GA,

Calm down 220 on this pitch aint that tough!

This sort of start is exactly the reason why we need Nasir Jamshed in the team. But the selectors continue to have brain farts.

Some PPers are showing their childish age here! Get behind the team and quit whininging about pakistan start to inns!

slow start from pak but better to have wickets in hand and measure their approach..butt looks in good form..manzoor looks a bit nervous

No need to be too adventurous but no need to get bogged down either.

Pakistan of to a flying start 7-0 after 5 overs...
i m fine with the start i just hope they dont lose wickets

Strike needs to be rotated with some quick singles here.

Definitely would have preferred Nasir Jamshed over Manzoor, but anyways, it's better to not lose wickets early, at the same time, we can't take too easy at the beginning either...just a modest start would be fine in this case!

Once again Pakistan openers showing no inclination to rotate the strike. The mentality seems to be 4 or nothing. Manzoor seems to have one stroke which is a back cut and all shots are hard without placement.

to be fair...SL bowlers have been accurate. Not like they are just letting half volleys through

Aslong as we dont lose wickets am happy with a solid start!

Oxy said:
Based on 10 balls? What is our problem?

No, based on Salman's historically slow batting coupled with Khurram's non-existent technique.

Trophy isnt bad - by sub continent standards. Its not 6ft tall for a start

7/0 after 5 overs! Oh well lets just hope these both stay there and do something!

I don't mind the cautious start espcially by one who is starting out in his career but what I cannot fanthom is why Nasir Jamshed was dropped in the first place? He was on excellent form and then had malaria or something...is he being punished for getting sick in the first place?

At this rate when the M&M combo is introduced the run rate should be about 10..... Great start Pakistan.....

frz said:
No, based on Salman's historically slow batting coupled with Khurram's non-existent technique.

Well you could have posted that before the inngs had started.... :sarfraz

cautious start , but is important they don't get out at this stage .....will put a lot of pressure on middle order ...they need to get to 50 without loosing a wicket !

This is ridiculous!

7 runs off 5 powerplay overs.

They are only going to get more strangled when Murali/Mendis come on.

All this against two rank pie throwers. Malinga or Vaas would have knocked a couple over by now. I hope Flat track Butt scores a biggy.

Butt makes him run a leg bye on the 2nd ball of the over - Even though Manzoor didnt look in any such mood to run but kept Salman's seniority ahead and ran!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back