ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand (172/5) deliver a telling blow to Pakistan's semi-finals chances with a 5-wicket win over Sri Lanka (171)

I dont care how Kiwis win.

I am just curious if Babar has the balls to target 600 runs in ODI and try to bowl out England for 200 odd.

Or will he say we are looking for 300 and try to win last match.

That will define his legacy.

if you target 600 before match starts, you will get bowled out for 180. They should play positively and look to accelerate after getting set

NZ seem to do well mathematically and if Pakistan win against Eng it will be the second time we miss out semi final due to NRR despite being level points with NZ both times.

Now hopefully NZ can beat India in the semi final and then lose to Australia in the final. That's befitting to bring the quality of this WC to par.
It will also be yet another time that we miss out due to our own stupidity and failure to finish games off that we should have won.......

Russell Arnold naming youngsta beauties as if they are all world beaters. This is the most sorry looking talentless Lankans I've ever seen. Mental midgets with not much talent. SL needs to gut the team.and rebuild it. Too many technical holes in that batting lineup. Can't change the techniques when they are 25
It's not talent. Nissanka, Perera Mendis, Sadeera etc. are very gifted players.

But they don't have that swagger and the will to dominate like SL players of yester year.

They just look happy to be there . SL of the past looked like they KNEW they could beat anyone .

These guys are absolute softies.

if you target 600 before match starts, you will get bowled out for 180. They should play positively and look to accelerate after getting set

Pakistan needs to win by at least probably 350 runs to overtake NZ in NRR.

If we target 300 how is that going to happen?

Everyone was saying Pakistan would score 500 in that match and would get Bangladesh out for 40 😂😂
I was actually disappointed back then that Pakistan didn't went for it you know. Sarfraz opted to bowl first.

I mean in a way this kind of mentality separates the great teams from mid to mediocre ones.

We saw how strong of a mental belief Australians had that day when Maxwell put on a show.

4 wickets more and then rain arrives and DL Score would be 155 and Nz get stuck at 153-7.

Pakistan thrash England and Fakhar destroys Bumrah in semifinal.

Pakistan lifts the trophy by Babar 150 in final.

It's not talent. Nissanka, Perera Mendis, Sadeera etc. are very gifted players.

But they don't have that swagger and the will to dominate like SL players of yester year.

They just look happy to be there . SL of the past looked like they KNEW they could beat anyone .

These guys are absolute softies.
Gifted is a very strong word for these hacks. In that list Mendis is good. Rest are hacks that can only bat on flat tracks against avg bowling.

As that wonderful poetess said - “Hope is the thing with feathers”

But here and everywhere else the Kiwis have the feathers…

Sounds like a genuine position of Pakistan One Day Cricket. Overall it's not one of the best teams, nor is it on the levels of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

It's a mid table team.

I agree.

I think Pakistan are at #5 in world cricket currently (ODI format). Behind India, NZ, Australia, and South Africa.

England have declined and are probably #6 now.

Highest strike rate against SL in this world cup 101. Highest centuries against SL.

Capturewerweww.jpg

Mathematicians please give us hope.

Our batsmen give us no hope.

So seeing as we are as good as out, who are we adopting as our team from now? I'm hoping NZ, seeing as they missed out last time and always play like gentlemen
I would like to see a new name on the trophy so I'm behind SA and NZ in the knockouts.
Although it's looking like the long predicted favourite of the favourites India will get their 3rd.

Ok 20 overs done - now hope for Babar winning the toss and Fakhar hitting a triple. It’s the same ground where Sharma ji hit 264.

I’m just wondering, Babar might be primary graduate but this same virtual coach was on field coach last time ….. and they blew the WC with one game against WIN of all teams … this time it’s AFGs FGS.

When I explained my Mosque buddy how NRR works and why AFGs have an impossible task even if kiwis loose …

He said, no problem- at least we took PAK out. 😎

Ok 20 overs done - now hope for Babar winning the toss and Fakhar hitting a triple. It’s the same ground where Sharma ji hit 264.

I’m just wondering, Babar might be primary graduate but this same virtual coach was on field coach last time ….. and they blew the WC with one game against WIN of all teams … this time it’s AFGs FGS.

When I explained my Mosque buddy how NRR works and why AFGs have an impossible task even if kiwis loose …

Can Pakistan overtake by beating England by 350 runs?

Perfect timeline for EA Sports Cricket 2024.

And there you have it.

Well played, Pak and Afghanistan. But better luck next time.

Yah, all Pakistan had to do beat one team and win other games, but they lost against Afg. But I am not sure they would have won even against NZ if full overs were played. Pakistan simply has a horrible bowling in this WC.

Too much to expect from these losers who can only sledge against Bangladesh

Back